For all of you baseball fans....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

texranger17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 texranger17
Member since 2007 • 131 Posts
Do you think that Alex Rodriguez is a jinx. I mean when he started out, he was with the Mariners who had great players like Edgar Martinez, Ken Griffey Jr. and Randy Johnson, he was with the rangers that had stars like Pudge, Juan Gonzalez, Rafael palmeiro, Wettland, and now he is with the Yankees and that all star team and yet, he can't win a world series title. I say he is a jinx.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

Do you think that Alex Rodriguez is a jinx. I mean when he started out, he was with the Mariners who had great players like Edgar Martinez, Ken Griffey Jr. and Randy Johnson, he was with the rangers that had stars like Pudge, Juan Gonzalez, Rafael palmeiro, Wettland, and now he is with the Yankees and that all star team and yet, he can't win a world series title. I say he is a jinx.texranger17

a-rod is a great player and its not jinx you might not have the best year before. but moving to diffrent teams. it takes awhile to get your groove going and find a spot for you.

now if he was a ss would it be diffrent totally possible.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
There's no such thing as a jinx.
rishi44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rishi44
Member since 2005 • 482 Posts
The Rangers had some pretty god damn good players back then, yet they were always last place .. .
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
Well it always helps to have good players around you but IMO that is less so in baseball.  When you're at the plate you're alone, and when that ball is hit in your direction it is all up to you.  He's a great player.
cLAssic_BLUE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cLAssic_BLUE
Member since 2007 • 599 Posts
being a dodger fan id take him in a second
cobb45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cobb45
Member since 2004 • 1179 Posts

being a dodger fan id take him in a secondcLAssic_BLUE

I second that, especially after being swept by the Angeles.

bdtoole05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bdtoole05
Member since 2006 • 214 Posts

Any team would take him in a second (if they could afford him). There is no such thing as a Jynx.

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wavebrid

Well it always helps to have good players around you but IMO that is less so in baseball.  When you're at the plate you're alone, and when that ball is hit in your direction it is all up to you.  He's a great player.duxup

really its up to everyone . if the ball hit on the ground to 3rd he going to have to throw to first to get the out :|

so is  a team 

Last_Stand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Last_Stand
Member since 2004 • 3281 Posts

There's no such thing as a jinx.Rhazakna

Bingo. 

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts

[QUOTE="duxup"]Well it always helps to have good players around you but IMO that is less so in baseball. When you're at the plate you're alone, and when that ball is hit in your direction it is all up to you. He's a great player.wavebrid

really its up to everyone . if the ball hit on the ground to 3rd he going to have to throw to first to get the out :|

so is a team

Really?  I thought he just ran to first :P 

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
No jinx, but a mentally weak player.  He has all the talent in the world, but it doesn't matter b/c he's a head case.  I love to see him and the Yanks fail.
SegArgyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SegArgyle
Member since 2004 • 2371 Posts
the yankees have more problems with arod who in my mind is excellent plus the mariners couldnt win a ws with all those guys so who cares
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

No jinx, but a mentally weak player. He has all the talent in the world, but it doesn't matter b/c he's a head case. I love to see him and the Yanks fail.murlow12

Ohhhhh, just keep on hating... 

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts

[QUOTE="murlow12"]No jinx, but a mentally weak player. He has all the talent in the world, but it doesn't matter b/c he's a head case. I love to see him and the Yanks fail.Master_Live

Ohhhhh, just keep on hating... 

Uhhh, okay.  I will.  Thanks for the permission.  It's really easy to hate on the Yanks, though.  My main reason is because so many people are on their bandwagon.  I hate to see a team with such a deep following of bandwagoners that have no connection with the team.  Their spending also makes it very easy to hate them.  So many reasons...
fws831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fws831
Member since 2003 • 848 Posts
hes not a jnix, when he was on the great team in seattle, the yankee dynasty happened to be better and they could not get by them, and when he was with texas they had no good pitching what so ever,
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wavebrid
[QUOTE="wavebrid"]

[QUOTE="duxup"]Well it always helps to have good players around you but IMO that is less so in baseball. When you're at the plate you're alone, and when that ball is hit in your direction it is all up to you. He's a great player.duxup

so is a team

Really?  I thought he just ran to first :P 

:o but how would he conuite if he didnt have any one to bat agasit after words :P

Â