English Football- Favourite football/soccer teams?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gary_gangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gary_gangsta
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Im from the uk nd im wonderin what some of the us nd stuff support in relation to football!!!
ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 ZebethOrZebes
Member since 2004 • 5997 Posts
Chelsea!
Evo310whp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Evo310whp
Member since 2006 • 3206 Posts
Newcastle Utd, Liverpool, then man U
sam_tram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 sam_tram
Member since 2007 • 171 Posts
man united. Top of the premiership whayy!!!:D
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
Juventus.
ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ZebethOrZebes
Member since 2004 • 5997 Posts
Juventus.Rhazakna
They're Italian, and for the moment they're in Seria B because of the match-fixing scandal.
Evo310whp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Evo310whp

Juventus.Rhazakna

To bad about that match fixing. lol hey they are kickin ass in serie B lol. Plus they are getting my dog Salihamidzic next season should be awesome.

LOEAnubis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LOEAnubis
Member since 2002 • 12135 Posts
I've been a Tottenham Hotspur fan for a couple of years now, but I've always enjoyed the Dutch league more and I'm a long time Ajax supporter, down with Feyenoord!
Evo310whp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Evo310whp

I've been a Tottenham Hotspur fan for a couple of years now, but I've always enjoyed the Dutch league more and I'm a long time Ajax supporter, down with Feyenoord!LOEAnubis

Ajax damn godenzozen boo lol j/k. I am big Bundesliga and Eredivisie fan. Big Vitesse supporter and I like PSV too. For the Bundesliga big big Bayern Munich supporter, Hamburg SV

numismatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 numismatic
Member since 2005 • 775 Posts
English football is quickly emulating American Baseball, the disparity between the top four and the rest is becoming more and more striking. Just once, it would be nice to see tottenham, aston villa, and newcastle be serious contender for the premiership. Sure an all english champions league final may look impressive, but considering that Serie A and La Liga teams have been restructuring this season it takes the luster of this feat by some miles. Oh well call me a fai
jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jeebuscrust
Member since 2004 • 5571 Posts

Newcastle Utd, Liverpool, then man U Evo310whp

What?

I support Man United and I also support Cardiff City but I never really get to see them unless I am in Cardiff but my dad has always been a huge Birds fan. 

dabear34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dabear34
Member since 2006 • 37 Posts
Arsenal!
fordies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fordies
Member since 2005 • 5829 Posts
Liverpool
Evo310whp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Evo310whp

[QUOTE="Evo310whp"]Newcastle Utd, Liverpool, then man U jeebuscrust

What?

I support Man United and I also support Cardiff City but I never really get to see them unless I am in Cardiff but my dad has always been a huge Birds fan. 

Did I say something wrong? Those are the English clubs that I like.

Cardiff FC they didnt do so hot last season they play in the coca cola league championship right.

Avatar image for Powerhitter0418
Powerhitter0418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Powerhitter0418
Member since 2006 • 1950 Posts
Chelsea!
Zero-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Zero-Pirate
Member since 2003 • 2156 Posts

Manchester United!

Big fan of them ever since I first got into footy. 

chatri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 chatri10
Member since 2002 • 752 Posts
Tottenham Hotspur. I'm a fan since the day of Gary Lineker and Paul Gascoigne. Klinsmann is my favorite Striker. David Ginola and Chris Waddle are my favorite winger. Tottenham always play attractive entertaining Football.
jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jeebuscrust
Member since 2004 • 5571 Posts
[QUOTE="jeebuscrust"]

[QUOTE="Evo310whp"]Newcastle Utd, Liverpool, then man U Evo310whp

What?

Cardiff FC they didnt do so hot last season they play in the coca cola league championship right.

Yeah and they may be two of the biggest rivals and yeah Cardiff playin the Championship, they were leading during the start of the season but have fallen back as of late. 

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
Chelsea and Arsenal, but I'm not really a big fan of EPL.
Evo310whp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Evo310whp
[QUOTE="Evo310whp"][QUOTE="jeebuscrust"]

[QUOTE="Evo310whp"]Newcastle Utd, Liverpool, then man U jeebuscrust

What?

Yeah and they may be two of the biggest rivals and yeah Cardiff playin the Championship, they were leading during the start of the season but have fallen back as of late. 

lol I assume your talking about Liverpool and Man United. I am aware that both teams have a rivalry with each other, I mean they are the two most successful clubs in england. I do however like liverpool alot more than man united mainly for the players. People like stevie gerrard,crouch, riise,,kuyt, xabi are just what make me like the team they are great players. I just like man united mainly because of rooney and van der sar (great goalkeeper loved him since he was at ajax). Liverpool I would think have a longer rivalry with Everton and the whole Merseyside derby or whatever its called.

I mainly follow though the Bundesliga (Bayern Munich supporter before anything else, also Hamburg SV),Eredivisie (Vitesse,PSV), and La Liga (Real Madrid, Deportivo). But by far I am Newcastle United FC fan when it comes to the Premier League

gary_gangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gary_gangsta
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
i dont think tottenham play the best football lyk, man utd p[lay good football. As for the dutch leage and bundesliga and italian leagues, they arent ran as smoothly as the english premier league, surely people all over the world say the best football is in england?
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
Chelsea all the way.
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]Juventus.ZebethOrZebes
They're Italian, and for the moment they're in Seria B because of the match-fixing scandal.

Yeah, I know they aren't English, but I don't support any English soccer teams at the moment, so... 

PacmanChampion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PacmanChampion
Member since 2007 • 1130 Posts

lol I assume your talking about Liverpool and Man United. I am aware that both teams have a rivalry with each other, I mean they are the two most successful clubs in england. I do however like liverpool alot more than man united mainly for the players. People like stevie gerrard,crouch, riise,,kuyt, xabi are just what make me like the team they are great players. I just like man united mainly because of rooney and van der sar (great goalkeeper loved him since he was at ajax). Liverpool I would think have a longer rivalry with Everton and the whole Merseyside derby or whatever its called.

Liverpool and Manchester United fans absoloutley hate each other. You cant support boths clubs (or like). Simple As.

(Liverpool and ManU rivalry is bigger then Everton and Liverpool)

portej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 portej
Member since 2004 • 645 Posts
Definitely Chelsea.
drpepper21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 drpepper21
Member since 2006 • 35 Posts
Chelsea!
Boocian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Boocian
Member since 2006 • 256 Posts
Chelsea! Too bad they just lost their chances on winning the league but they still got the FA and UEFA
Evo310whp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Evo310whp

lol I assume your talking about Liverpool and Man United. I am aware that both teams have a rivalry with each other, I mean they are the two most successful clubs in england. I do however like liverpool alot more than man united mainly for the players. People like stevie gerrard,crouch, riise,,kuyt, xabi are just what make me like the team they are great players. I just like man united mainly because of rooney and van der sar (great goalkeeper loved him since he was at ajax). Liverpool I would think have a longer rivalry with Everton and the whole Merseyside derby or whatever its called.PacmanChampion

Liverpool and Manchester United fans absoloutley hate each other. You cant support boths clubs (or like). Simple As.

I am not british I really dont give a damn about rivarly a good team is a good team and I will support whoever I want. When it comes down to Liverpool vs Man united I am always pulling alil more for liverpool. Liverpool and Everton FC the Merseyside derby is a long standing rivalry between the two teams; longer than even with Liverpool v Man united which really started in the 80s. Local Liverpool and Everton will always have a huge rivalry always. Liverpool and Man united is bigger on the global scale mainly because it  brings people from all over to watch these two teams. Teams need rivalries; its healthy and people like it.

Again I really dont even like the premier all that much I am I Bundesliga follower mustly and Bayern Munich supporter above all else. This thread was talking about the english teams you like. I happen to like Newcastle, Liverpool, and just so happens Man united. Why because they are successful teams with great players who I like and they have great histories. If thats weird for you then thats too bad but like I said I can follow, like, watch whoever I want to.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
[QUOTE="PacmanChampion"]

lol I assume your talking about Liverpool and Man United. I am aware that both teams have a rivalry with each other, I mean they are the two most successful clubs in england. I do however like liverpool alot more than man united mainly for the players. People like stevie gerrard,crouch, riise,,kuyt, xabi are just what make me like the team they are great players. I just like man united mainly because of rooney and van der sar (great goalkeeper loved him since he was at ajax). Liverpool I would think have a longer rivalry with Everton and the whole Merseyside derby or whatever its called.Evo310whp

I am not british I really dont give a damn about rivarly a good team is a good team and I will support whoever I want. When it comes down to Liverpool vs Man united I am always pulling alil more for liverpool. Liverpool and Everton FC the Merseyside derby is a long standing rivalry between the two teams; longer than even with Liverpool v Man united which really started in the 80s. Local Liverpool and Everton will always have a huge rivalry always. Liverpool and Man united is bigger on the global scale mainly because it brings people from all over to watch these two teams. Teams need rivalries; its healthy and people like it.

Again I really dont even like the premier all that much I am I Bundesliga follower mustly and Bayern Munich supporter above all else. This thread was talking about the english teams you like. I happen to like Newcastle, Liverpool, and just so happens Man united. Why because they are successful teams with great players who I like and they have great histories. If thats weird for you then thats too bad but like I said I can follow, like, watch whoever I want to.

True. You can like whoever you want. I really don't see the problem of liking two teams unless you are bandwagoning them. 

Evo310whp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Evo310whp
[QUOTE="Evo310whp"][QUOTE="PacmanChampion"]

lol I assume your talking about Liverpool and Man United. I am aware that both teams have a rivalry with each other, I mean they are the two most successful clubs in england. I do however like liverpool alot more than man united mainly for the players. People like stevie gerrard,crouch, riise,,kuyt, xabi are just what make me like the team they are great players. I just like man united mainly because of rooney and van der sar (great goalkeeper loved him since he was at ajax). Liverpool I would think have a longer rivalry with Everton and the whole Merseyside derby or whatever its called.dkhw

I am not british I really dont give a damn about rivarly a good team is a good team and I will support whoever I want. When it comes down to Liverpool vs Man united I am always pulling alil more for liverpool. Liverpool and Everton FC the Merseyside derby is a long standing rivalry between the two teams; longer than even with Liverpool v Man united which really started in the 80s. Local Liverpool and Everton will always have a huge rivalry always. Liverpool and Man united is bigger on the global scale mainly because it brings people from all over to watch these two teams. Teams need rivalries; its healthy and people like it.

True. You can like whoever you want. I really don't see the problem of liking two teams unless you are bandwagoning them. 

No I am not bandwagoning lol. I know its weird like I said before I am not really that big of a premier follower so I guess thats why I dont care about the rivalries that much.

boourns17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 boourns17
Member since 2005 • 87 Posts
Ive been a man u fan since i was little... they also had my favorite player ever in peter schmeichel, that man was a great goalie
PacmanChampion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PacmanChampion
Member since 2007 • 1130 Posts
[QUOTE="PacmanChampion"]

lol I assume your talking about Liverpool and Man United. I am aware that both teams have a rivalry with each other, I mean they are the two most successful clubs in england. I do however like liverpool alot more than man united mainly for the players. People like stevie gerrard,crouch, riise,,kuyt, xabi are just what make me like the team they are great players. I just like man united mainly because of rooney and van der sar (great goalkeeper loved him since he was at ajax). Liverpool I would think have a longer rivalry with Everton and the whole Merseyside derby or whatever its called.Evo310whp

I am not british I really dont give a damn about rivarly a good team is a good team and I will support whoever I want. When it comes down to Liverpool vs Man united I am always pulling alil more for liverpool. Liverpool and Everton FC the Merseyside derby is a long standing rivalry between the two teams; longer than even with Liverpool v Man united which really started in the 80s. Local Liverpool and Everton will always have a huge rivalry always. Liverpool and Man united is bigger on the global scale mainly because it  brings people from all over to watch these two teams. Teams need rivalries; its healthy and people like it.

If you support Liverpool & ManUnited, then you dont support them.

Liverpool & ManUnited is a local derby, Scousers and Mancs hate each other more than they hate Hitler Saddam Hussein and all the evil people around the world put together.

Synchro456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Synchro456
Member since 2005 • 8359 Posts
Not much of a fan of the english league but I gotta say Chelsea they have a killer line-up.
Evo310whp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Evo310whp
[QUOTE="Evo310whp"][QUOTE="PacmanChampion"]

lol I assume your talking about Liverpool and Man United. I am aware that both teams have a rivalry with each other, I mean they are the two most successful clubs in england. I do however like liverpool alot more than man united mainly for the players. People like stevie gerrard,crouch, riise,,kuyt, xabi are just what make me like the team they are great players. I just like man united mainly because of rooney and van der sar (great goalkeeper loved him since he was at ajax). Liverpool I would think have a longer rivalry with Everton and the whole Merseyside derby or whatever its called.PacmanChampion

Liverpool & ManUnited is a local derby, Scousers and Mancs hate each other more than they hate Hitler Saddam Hussein and all the evil people around the world put together.

Again I am not that big a fan of the premier I just named the teams that I like and I gave my reasons on that. I am not a hardcore supporter of either team so I really dont care about who hates who or why. I support Bayern Munich mostly and I am passionate about that team. In the other leagues though I like teams that interest me and have players I like I am not passionate about any of those other teams outside Bayern and maybe Valencia. If a player(s) I like go to a rival team I follow that team for the player or if I just like the team as awhole.

I like Manchester mainly for Rooney,saha,and van der sar so I follow manchester because of them, I like liverpool for the players also Crouch,Stevie et cetera. That goes for some other teams out there that I like.

basersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 basersx
Member since 2005 • 6222 Posts

I don't like soccer at all except in video games.  And my favorite team in them is the Celts.  I have no idea what league they are in.  I know they are Scottish but don't know if that's its own league or not.  Don't really care either...

Evo310whp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Evo310whp
[QUOTE="Evo310whp"][QUOTE="PacmanChampion"][QUOTE="Evo310whp"][QUOTE="PacmanChampion"]

Again I am not that big a fan of the premier I just named the teams that I like and I gave my reasons on that. I am not a hardcore supporter of either team so I really dont care about who hates who or why. I support Bayern Munich mostly and I am passionate about that team. In the other leagues though I like teams that interest me and have players I like I am not passionate about any of those other teams outside Bayern and maybe Valencia. If a player(s) I like go to a rival team I follow that team for the player or if I just like the team as awhole.

I like Manchester mainly for Rooney,saha,and van der sar so I follow manchester because of them, I like liverpool for the players also Crouch,Stevie et cetera. That goes for some other teams out there that I like.

Your an idiot then.

Turning to insults now huh. What is your problem dude; why does it bother you.

wanker12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 wanker12
Member since 2003 • 2048 Posts
it's different for english people than americans, we invariably support one club our whole lives, usually the local team or the first team you go and see play, any change shows, or at least is perceived to show real lack of character, but most americans i know seem to "support" many different teams irrespective of locality.
numismatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 numismatic
Member since 2005 • 775 Posts

Well what you ssid probably explains why you guys still have a monarchy, you've made yourselves into bigger sheeps than americans.  

it's different for english people than americans, we invariably support one club our whole lives, usually the local team or the first team you go and see play, any change shows, or at least is perceived to show real lack of character, but most americans i know seem to "support" many different teams irrespective of locality.wanker12

CroCorwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 CroCorwin
Member since 2006 • 52 Posts
Everton all the way!
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

it's different for english people than americans, we invariably support one club our whole lives, usually the local team or the first team you go and see play, any change shows, or at least is perceived to show real lack of character, but most americans i know seem to "support" many different teams irrespective of locality.wanker12

It's no different for the fans here when it comes to local sports. We can't support a local English team, however, because we don't live there, so we cheer for the ones that are most entertaining to watch or for which our favourite players are playing.

sinizegreywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 sinizegreywing
Member since 2006 • 1134 Posts
Chelsea.
DanGoomba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43 DanGoomba
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
We don't get much "football" in America, except occasionally our pro league teams, which no one watches...is there any way to get some good English or really any other country's matches on TV without paying extra for it? on the Internet or something...?
trmather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 trmather
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts

I wonder how many people who say they are Chelsea fans (not necessarily on this forum), would be fans of them when Abramovich and Mourinho **** off, it would be interesting to see their average attendance figures.

Either way, I'm a United fan, have been all my life

butters_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 butters_
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

all my life i have been Manchester united supporter!!!

The champions :D :D yeah.... 

reeftonexpress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 reeftonexpress
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
LIVERPOOL is the greatest!! all thou supporting them can be bad for the blood pressure latly. due to conceeding early goals in cup finals and then coming back to even then taking it out on penalties. Can't wait for athens!!!