Eastern Conference Finals

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tharg617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tharg617
Member since 2004 • 1157 Posts
So tonight was game 4 and I have to say (being a Detroit fan), Billups really blew this game for his team. All in all, it's been an exciting series and I think Detroit will win in 7.
Toyeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Toyeboy
Member since 2005 • 1133 Posts
I'm a huge detroit fan too...I hate it that Clevland keeps winning they aren't as good as they look...Chauncey is not playing good at all right now, I think he's having flashbacks of last year's east finals when Detroit played about as bad as I've ever seen a team play in that situation.  But I have faith in this team that they'll beat the Cavs, hopefully in 6 games.  Detroit is the better team if they could just run on all cylinders, their backcourt is in a slump right now, but I don't know why b/c I thought chauncy and rip would rise to the ocassion of playing on the biggest stage, maybe in game 5 and 6 they'll dominate.
Shomb22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shomb22
Member since 2006 • 1190 Posts
Yeah Ohio is no good.  But James is amaZing!  Then again its his court.  Getting all the calls..  Remember him wanting more respect from the officals in Mo-Town?  Ha.  This game tonight was a slap in the face for Detriot,  Its time for them to wake up. Please!!  "Punish those migets!"-Barkley (mavs and Warriors)
Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts

I'm a huge detroit fan too...I hate it that Clevland keeps winning they aren't as good as they look...Chauncey is not playing good at all right now, I think he's having flashbacks of last year's east finals when Detroit played about as bad as I've ever seen a team play in that situation. But I have faith in this team that they'll beat the Cavs, hopefully in 6 games. Detroit is the better team if they could just run on all cylinders, their backcourt is in a slump right now, but I don't know why b/c I thought chauncy and rip would rise to the ocassion of playing on the biggest stage, maybe in game 5 and 6 they'll dominate.Toyeboy

They keep winning because they have great defensive and rebounding ability..stop hating, there only downfall is they are inconsistant on offense.

I think detroit is the better team, but I'm really tired of people not giving cleveland respect. They have easily grown the fastest in the past 5 years...and you don't just get to the conference finals by luck.

xInstinctx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xInstinctx
Member since 2003 • 165 Posts

This gotta be the most boring playoffs season I've ever seen. Dallas getting their butt kicked by the Warriors, Raptors couldnt even win a good game against the Nets and now Pistons playing like crap and still win games.

Okay, tonight's game - both teams played okay. I really dont know whats going on, but Sheed and Billups gotta get it going if they hope to win the series. Because Prince and Hamilton not gonna get it done. They cant keep playing around with every team like that, because after this they get the Spurs and they will blow the Pistons out by at least 20 if they keep this garbage up. Billups clearly lost them, he should have went for the 2 or took a better 3 point shot. Its not the first time hes done this for the season and the playoffs.

This Cavs team suck, they only score if you let them and their defense is nothing to talk about. You can let a rookie beat you like that. They should just hard foul him and not let him go inside ever again.

Pistons in 6

yellbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 yellbell
Member since 2006 • 694 Posts
the Cavs team sucks James is there only good player if James wasn't there I wouldnt be shocked if there team only socred 50 points
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts
back at square one, baby. :D
ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#8 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts
IMO, if the cavs had some luck in game 1 adn 2 this series would be over. i would like to see them get a win in det. if they can do that, they will win it.
viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts

IMO, if the cavs had some luck in game 1 adn 2 this series would be over. i would like to see them get a win in det. if they can do that, they will win it.ocdog45

Yeah, strange to think the Cavs were two last second plays away from sweeping the Pistons, and they had chances to win those first two despite LeBron playing his "worst" playoff games of his career. 

Neither team looks great, I'm constantly surprised as just how lackadaisical Detroit looks out there. Like they not only can "turn it on" when they want, but they're so cocky they don't even want to until they absolutely have to. They're still good, especially defensively, just madingly inconsistent.

There was one crucial Cleveland miss towards the end of the fourth where Sheed kind of got the rebound, but just swatted at the ball and ended up tipping it out of bounds. Billups hasn't been himself all series but he really made some dumb decisions with the game on the line. 

Common knowledge is Detroit is the better/more seasoned/more complete team. However the Cavs match up well against them, they have the momentum, and LeBron is taking his game to new levels and making his whole team better. Either team can win this, but Detroit really needs to look at game 5 as a must win.

Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts

the Cavs team sucks James is there only good player if James wasn't there I wouldnt be shocked if there team only socred 50 pointsyellbell

Yet they almost won game 1 and 2 depsite Lebron playing horribly...yeah *rolls eyes* 

Avatar image for deactivated-58e533ed44b01
deactivated-58e533ed44b01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 deactivated-58e533ed44b01
Member since 2003 • 1747 Posts
I think everyone underates the talent the Cavs team has besides Lebron, even some Cleveland fans underate to supporting cast. Big Z is one of the top centers in the East in terms of offense and look at how their rookie is playing, I just think that their coach sux and his gameplan seems to be give the ball to LBJ instead of giving plays to the other players.
PatsFanVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#12 PatsFanVince
Member since 2006 • 290 Posts
Daniel Gibson has been a huge contributor to the Cavs as well he gives them more scoring which Larry Huges can't because hes a chucker.
EnergyAbsorber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 EnergyAbsorber
Member since 2005 • 5112 Posts
Drew Gooden and Lebron James were hiiting big shots down the stretch in Game 4.  The Cavs need to play well for all 4 quarters in order to win this series. They keep letting the Pistons get back in the game in the 3rd quarter.
juicetino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#14 juicetino
Member since 2005 • 17873 Posts
Man Lebron is being thought of as a hero "after falling 2 games to none, Lebron led the Cavs to 2 emotional victories. Now it comes down to Game 5"and blahblahblah, but I love it haha. I think the Cavs will win again tonight for Game 5
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts
make way, ladies and gentlemen!!! THE KING is coming thro~~ :D:D:D
tharg617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tharg617
Member since 2004 • 1157 Posts

Good job for Lebron. It's amazing how one player makes up for a whole team. All Detroit has to do is shut down that one player and there goes Cav's chances.

misterzeno225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 misterzeno225
Member since 2004 • 2135 Posts
You can tell when a player is soo good, I see hating on LJ like I see it on Kobe, lol. I love it.
FreeStylez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FreeStylez
Member since 2003 • 1131 Posts

as much as i love LJ, it would be another disaster for the NBA if an inferior team beats the #1 seed AGAIN

Detroit is clearly the best team in the Eastern conference

the only league i love surprises are in the NFL where an unexpected team might go 12-4, but in the NBA it doesnt feel the same