Do you want a new 2K football game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheGedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheGedon
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
You can make a difference by viewing and by your thumbs up!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok1uYgXz-8c 2K Football MAKE A RETURN We all know that EA has the exclusive rights with the NFL... And We all know that back in the day 2K created arguably the best football games to date in 2k5 about 7 years ago on last gen consoles and created ALL Pro Football in 2007 for current gen. That game did not sale well because it didn't have enough depth like franchise dynasty and no NFL license. 2K can create another football game just not a NFL football game! So in the 7-8 years that has passed, do you think that EA put forth their best efforts in creating Madden actually their to become best football game it can be?? No.. With no competition EA can lay back and release so so versions of Madden and gamers across the US complain about Madden lack of quality and innovations. Why because we all know the EA has done better in the past and can do better with their football games. Madden 12 looks to be good but I think that, that game should have been Madden 09 at least... Without competition the Madden series stayed kinda stagnate for 3-4 years, but if they're were real competition this would have never happened. So this is not a dis to Madden. Its more of a calling out to the community! I urge all of you to view this video and give it a thumbs up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok1uYgXz-8c 2K Football MAKE A RETURN Show some support to 2k sports and to Take 2 so that it will encourage them to create a new sim football game. If you've played NBA 2k 11, then you know HOW GREAT 2K CAN CREATE A GAME. IMAGINE HOW GREAT A NEW 2K FOOTBALL GAME WOULD BE!!!!! I THINK WILL EPIC!!!! Competition is best for ALL gamers Competition will force EA to create a better Madden every year!!!! And I know everyone wants that! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok1uYgXz-8c 2K Football MAKE A RETURN WELL CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

I just want a good new football game from anyone besides EA, the NFL license is case in point as to why I think such licenses are downright stupid.

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
i was never much of a fan of the 2K NFL games, bought i would love to see another NFL game from anyone just so EA is forced to pick up its slack, tho i dotn think they will ever figure out how to make a CPU team run on you ( in pretty much every years madden i can hold any and all backs to 10-15 yards in a game, im talking peterson, johnson, foster, grant, etc etc )
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
I always liked the 2k football games better than Madden.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

I'm not a big fan of the 2K football games, but they certainly did a great job of pushing EA into making better games overall and their presentation is phenomenal even now. So although I wouldn't play the game myself, I'd welcome it simply for the fact that they give EA a run for its money which is certainly needed.

Easports48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Easports48
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts
You can make a difference by viewing and by your thumbs up!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok1uYgXz-8c 2K Football MAKE A RETURN We all know that EA has the exclusive rights with the NFL... And We all know that back in the day 2K created arguably the best football games to date in 2k5 about 7 years ago on last gen consoles and created ALL Pro Football in 2007 for current gen. That game did not sale well because it didn't have enough depth like franchise dynasty and no NFL license. 2K can create another football game just not a NFL football game! So in the 7-8 years that has passed, do you think that EA put forth their best efforts in creating Madden actually their to become best football game it can be?? No.. With no competition EA can lay back and release so so versions of Madden and gamers across the US complain about Madden lack of quality and innovations. Why because we all know the EA has done better in the past and can do better with their football games. Madden 12 looks to be good but I think that, that game should have been Madden 09 at least... Without competition the Madden series stayed kinda stagnate for 3-4 years, but if they're were real competition this would have never happened. So this is not a dis to Madden. Its more of a calling out to the community! I urge all of you to view this video and give it a thumbs up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok1uYgXz-8c 2K Football MAKE A RETURN Show some support to 2k sports and to Take 2 so that it will encourage them to create a new sim football game. If you've played NBA 2k 11, then you know HOW GREAT 2K CAN CREATE A GAME. IMAGINE HOW GREAT A NEW 2K FOOTBALL GAME WOULD BE!!!!! I THINK WILL EPIC!!!! Competition is best for ALL gamers Competition will force EA to create a better Madden every year!!!! And I know everyone wants that! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok1uYgXz-8c 2K Football MAKE A RETURN WELL CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!TheGedon
YES. I really like Madden but I do miss the game play of the 2k series. I miss Down,Set,Hut.
ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 ohjtbehaaave
Member since 2002 • 2114 Posts

Competition is good. Makes both companies work harder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok1uYgXz-8c

youngmurk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#8 youngmurk911
Member since 2004 • 3895 Posts

bring back gameday....that game was sweet ftw

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#9 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
Meh, was never a huge fan. But, I liked it for the reason many have already said. It made EA push out a better product, especially since 2K used to sell their games dirt cheap ($20 new I think it was).
Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
Yes, there should be a 2K NFL game for one reason. Competition. It makes the other company try harder to out do the other. In turn, it makes for better games, and gives the gamers a better product.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts
By far the most realistic football games to be made. Looking at NBA 2K12 I can only imagine how good ESPN 2K12 would have been.
Avatar image for ChrisSpartan117
ChrisSpartan117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ChrisSpartan117
Member since 2008 • 4519 Posts

2K gave you a chance with All-Pro Football 2K8. Dont say it was because of a lack of content that you didn't buy it, it was basically your second chance.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts

2K gave you a chance with All-Pro Football 2K8. Dont say it was because of a lack of content that you didn't buy it, it was basically your second chance.

ChrisSpartan117
but it wasn't NFL.
Avatar image for ChrisSpartan117
ChrisSpartan117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ChrisSpartan117
Member since 2008 • 4519 Posts
[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"][QUOTE="ChrisSpartan117"]

but it wasn't NFL.

You could argue this could've been a great fill-in till 2K could make NFL games again. APF did have a great premise.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts

ChrisSpartan117
Bought it on 360 and PS3, and play it daily on both.
Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
But if you reverse the situation and Madden was the game with no current players and teams, and 2K had the NFL license then no one would be buying Madden. People love the NFL for a reason and most people want to play as the current teams.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
i wish theyd stop the exclusive license. with each company pushing to make the best possible game, gamers would win.
Vicegerent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Vicegerent
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I have been dyeing for a new 2K football game. I'm extremely disappointed that EA would cower in a competitive industry just so they can make half decent football games to sell at full price. I believe EA realize that they could compete with 2K and then decided that if they were to buy the NFL licenses they would finally conquer the FOOTBALL REALM of sports games. They have tried everything from doing what 2K done with there football games to creating new and innovative game mechanics, but Nothing works for EA in this department. EA just isn't better than 2K when it comes to Football games, maybe sports games in general. Now EA have the market monopolized, yeah thats right monopolized. You can call it whatever you want to call it, and all the loop-wholes you wish, but it doesn't change the fact that monopolizing is monopolizing, period-point-blank. If I had the power to do so I would boycott MADDEN until they free up the licenses for other developers to work with. There is no telling what kind of football games would exist if tit wasn't for the Cowards of Gaming, EA. Hell it mite have even helped them do better. If you can't beat them work with them and then try again. Don't mess it up for every body else cause you suck! I am a fan of 2k games especially FOOTBALL WE NEED YOU GUYS TO FIGURE SOMETHING OUT, EA SHOULD BE THE ONES TO QUIT AND GIVE UP, NOT 2K! FIGHT BACK, PLEASE!
Avatar image for I_DID_HER_U_MAD
I_DID_HER_U_MAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 I_DID_HER_U_MAD
Member since 2012 • 203 Posts
I'd love to see a new football game. An arena football game or street game would be cool too, it seems as though EA stopped making the street football games. Those were so fun.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
I saw people on PCSX2 playing a Ps2 version of 2K5 upconverted with the PC to HD resolutions and updated with rosters :)
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18782 Posts
Meh, was never a huge fan. But, I liked it for the reason many have already said. It made EA push out a better product, especially since 2K used to sell their games dirt cheap ($20 new I think it was).monkeytoes61
It was on $20 for one year.

ChrisSpartan117
The problem with All Pro 2K8 is that it was just 2K5 without the NFL. They used the 2K5 assets and replace it with retired players.
shot121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 shot121
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
yes yes yes yes yes yes 2k5 was killer
Rick585

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Rick585
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Yes. Definately would buy a new 2K football game.

The only thing thats more troubling than the poor attempts by EA to properly simulate the sport, is that 2K refuses to put an alternative.

I could care less if the game NFL teams or not, just give me a football game that properly simulates the sport. APF2K8 was a great game imo, it had

flaws but the gameplay to its core was football at its finest. To this day NFL 2k5 and APF2K8 are unparalled in the manner in which they simulated football.

I'm kinda surprised by the fact that this topic doesn't have 50 pages of comments. The operationsports message boards (which were filled with Madden diehards)

are now filled with people who want 2K Sports to create another football game, even if only to force EA Sports to improve the poor quality of Madden.

The lack of competition has the state of football gaming in a free fall. Recent Madden titles have been uninspiring, void of creativity, and based largly on

marketing driven development cycles. EA Sports has angered its own fanbase by forcing them to suffer through iterations of the Madden series most people

would classify as roster updates with shinner graphics and few bells and whisltes.

At least once a month I'll take a moment to search the web for news of a new 2K Sports football title, and for years I've heard nothing. Football gaming is pretty much dead to me right now. Not buying NCAA 13...and I'm too tired of the frustrating gameplay in Madden to get excited about anything EA says prior to release, so I certainly wont be buying it within the next three months. I'd like 2K Sports to at least address the issue, the silence is just as annoying as the BS I have to deal with in Maddens gameplay. At least make a public statement...

CADMAN_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#24 CADMAN_3
Member since 2003 • 1189 Posts

I have every EA football game, both NCAA and Madden from 2000 up to 2012 and will buy both 2013 games. If 2K football comes out again and they make a great game, then I would jump all over it. Even though I like the EA games, they are by no means perfect and a new 2K game would force EA to step up their game. I say bring it, cause it would only force both to make the best games they can and it's a win win for the people who buy the games.

AgentRaven77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AgentRaven77
Member since 2010 • 84 Posts
Give it up, 2K won't make another football, Just moved on and played Madden
Jackboot343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jackboot343
Member since 2007 • 2574 Posts

I encourage competition, improvement, and selection. Yes.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I would like a new 2K football I did prefer it over Madden; But it would be good for competition.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
Give it up, 2K won't make another football, Just moved on and played MaddenAgentRaven77
never will I support the trash that EA puts out with Madden year after year I'll stick to NFL 2k5 with updated rosters and All Pro Football
agnice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 agnice
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I'd like to play new game and select new football shirt
FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FPSfan1985
Member since 2011 • 2174 Posts
[QUOTE="AgentRaven77"]Give it up, 2K won't make another football, Just moved on and played Maddenandyboiii
never will I support the trash that EA puts out with Madden year after year I'll stick to NFL 2k5 with updated rosters and All Pro Football

Just made an all pro 2k8 team for a league featuring Bo Jackson. Game is still king of simulation football.
LAN7ERN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LAN7ERN
Member since 2013 • 352 Posts
I just want a company that can make a good football game.
Avatar image for Encognito_Mr_BC
Encognito_Mr_BC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Encognito_Mr_BC
Member since 2012 • 57 Posts

2k is more for football purist. All Pro 2k8 didn't have the NFL L's but as many referred to it is and still is the king of simulation football & gameplay. I feel the NFL logo brings in the casual football fans and madden caters to that crowd with it's broken flaws and principals with it's gameplay, it's built for someone who wants to pick 5 plays and stick with them and there isn't a counter balance for much in Madden. 2k's brand of football was more strategic and had a lot of depth for players that knew the game of football. All Pro was a good premise and if EA didn't buy the legend license too I think All pro would have been a good alternative that many of us fan of the game of football not just the NFL would've appreciated. If 2k can renegotiate the license and made it a XBLA/PSN title I feel it'd be more successful rather than at the time of 2k8's release trying to take on Madden. I played APF almost everyday, I loved the strategy of star tiers...made me feel like a GM and I love building schemes. 2k recently shut the server down I tried to play Madden but it's so unlike real football...real football feels like a chess match, not a f'cking arcade gm. I guess one can dream that 2k or someone other than EA would try to take one more whack at football NFL or not but with companies nowadays in the gaming industry I don't know if this will ever happen...

PS....Saw the next-gen trailer for EA...looks like MMA and Football gaming is doomed once again...

BLBxLakers24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 126

#33 BLBxLakers24
Member since 2008 • 1716 Posts
i thought it was 2013 & people stopped asking this question... if you would have asked 5 years ago? yes. Now? who cares Madden 13 best madden by far, ever, so idc.