Dirk Nowitzki is the mvp?!?!?!?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Big_O2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Big_O2006
Member since 2007 • 106 Posts
Wow........I cant believe they actually gave him that award.
ScoopyMcScoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ScoopyMcScoop
Member since 2005 • 1191 Posts
The MVP doesn't even go to the person who is best defined by the freaking phrase "most valuable player."  The award is a joke.  Nash's best year in the last three is the ONE year he doesn't get the prize.  Screw Dirk.
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

Nash definitely deserved to be MVP again this year

and this is coming from a Kobe fan 

ScoopyMcScoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ScoopyMcScoop
Member since 2005 • 1191 Posts
...and to you, Kobe fan, I'd say Kobe deserved it last year :).  Funny how these retarded, too old, don't-watch-the-games-probably writers get votes but not attentative young talents like Bill Simmons who adore the NBA despite its flaws.
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts
MVP is a joke in the NBA, Nash, Labron, Baron, Bosh, Arenas, Kidd, Dwight Howard and Kobe all deserved it more than Dirk did.
matrix_hiei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 matrix_hiei
Member since 2004 • 4793 Posts
nash should get it again. dirk, although a great player, doesn't dersve it IMO.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts
Nash deserved it this year, Kobe deserved it last year. The MVP award is a joke. Just because you're on the most winningest team, does not make you the best and most important player in the league.
d12malu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 d12malu
Member since 2002 • 1023 Posts
  All of you guys act like you looked in your crystal ball and saw Dirk flopping in the playoffs. If the playoffs were taken into consideration then ya Dirk probably shouldn't win, but it's not. There is a Finals MVP I'm sure every player would rather have. Dirk has come in the top 3 in voting the last 2 years, and is one of the best players in the NBA, and plays for the team that had the best record.  He didnt have to play as much due to the Mavs winning and deep roster, but if averaged out over 48 min his stats would compare well with any other MVP favorite. While I am tempted to join in and write him off, it is a regular season award and you can't forget about all he accomplished this season.
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pundog
  All of you guys act like you looked in your crystal ball and saw Dirk flopping in the playoffs. If the playoffs were taken into consideration then ya Dirk probably shouldn't win, but it's not. There is a Finals MVP I'm sure every player would rather have. Dirk has come in the top 3 in voting the last 2 years, and is one of the best players in the NBA, and plays for the team that had the best record.  He didnt have to play as much due to the Mavs winning and deep roster, but if averaged out over 48 min his stats would compare well with any other MVP favorite. While I am tempted to join in and write him off, it is a regular season award and you can't forget about all he accomplished this season. d12malu
I was voting for Nash ever since he went down and the Suns went 1-6.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

MVP is a joke in the NBA, Nash, Labron, Baron, Bosh, Arenas, Kidd, Dwight Howard and Kobe all deserved it more than Dirk did.pundog

Completely agreed.

Ranger_x8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 Ranger_x8b
Member since 2002 • 5840 Posts
Technically, the MVP is for regular season play. The votes were taken sometime in the middle of Round 1 play. For sure this won't look good.
slateman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 slateman_basic
Member since 2002 • 4142 Posts

Goes to the best player in the regular season.

Still should have gone to Nash or Kobe though . . .

tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#13 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
Wow!?!  Dirk has no heart at all yet he gets one of the highest honors for the league...but I guess an argumentative statement could be...Yeah Dirk deserved it as was displayed in the playoffs.  He was a no show (because the lack of heart) and his team lost...in the regulart season when he decided to play (with nothing on the line) he "lead" his team to the top of the NBA with the best record.  Man...the people who vote on these awards piss me off!!!
BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BobSacamento
Member since 2003 • 4340 Posts

Wow........I cant believe they actually gave him that award.Big_O2006

they havent given it to him yet

who knows 

BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BobSacamento

The MVP doesn't even go to the person who is best defined by the freaking phrase "most valuable player." The award is a joke. Nash's best year in the last three is the ONE year he doesn't get the prize. Screw Dirk.ScoopyMcScoop

although i agree that Dirk's unheard of season of 24 and 9 isnt en ough to overtake nash - nash had a stronger case the last 2 years.

first year, took the suns from a 29 win team to a 62 win team

second year, no amare, no richardson, no joe johnson

this year, they were at full strength BUT he did average career highs in stats

people just wanna see it go to someone else, the award is tainted this year 

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts

[QUOTE="ScoopyMcScoop"]The MVP doesn't even go to the person who is best defined by the freaking phrase "most valuable player." The award is a joke. Nash's best year in the last three is the ONE year he doesn't get the prize. Screw Dirk.BobSacamento

although i agree that Dirk's unheard of season of 24 and 9 isnt en ough to overtake nash - nash had a stronger case the last 2 years.

first year, took the suns from a 29 win team to a 62 win team

second year, no amare, no richardson, no joe johnson

this year, they were at full strength BUT he did average career highs in stats

people just wanna see it go to someone else, the award is tainted this year

last year Nash had Marion Bell and Barbosa who avg more points then 3 of the lakers starters. , Kobe had......
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NetYankEagle
Dirk diserved it this year MVP is to the most valuable player to his team during the regular season. Dirk led his team to 67 wins this year. The voting also began during the first round.
tbird23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 tbird23
Member since 2004 • 154 Posts
Who is the last MVP to win a championship??? I think it is sort of a jinx... I remember when David Robinson finally won one, then he immediately got schooled by Hakeem in the first round.
StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts

MVP= Regular season
NBA finals MVP= Playoffs
so yes Dirk deserved

proteKYFM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 proteKYFM
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts
Ugh, even AFTER the disappointing series loss to the 8th seeded GT Warriors? I'm a Lakers fan so naturally I don't like Steve Nash but he definitely deserved the award.
mkearney_913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mkearney_913
Member since 2006 • 65 Posts
Unbelievable. While I know the votes were cast before the playoffs, if they saw the way Nowitzki played (or didn't play's more like it) they would never have given him this award. They may have earned one of the best records in NBA history, but Nash kills this guy!! The amount of assists and the way he makes them are stunning. Watching him play is amazing. Nowitzki, however, shoots from inside the arc and gets boards. That first game against the Spurs in round 2, while they were beaten and Duncan and Parker each scored big, Nash had 31 points. Also, in the first round against the Lakers, he came one shy of the record for assists in a playoff game with 23!! This is a travesty. Nash is still the MVP in my eyes. When he hoists the championship trophy, we'll all know who the real MVP is here.
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NetYankEagle
Ugh, even AFTER the disappointing series loss to the 8th seeded GT Warriors? I'm a Lakers fan so naturally I don't like Steve Nash but he definitely deserved the award.proteKYFM
read the posts above MVP is for REGULAR SEASON
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NetYankEagle
Unbelievable. While I know the votes were cast before the playoffs, if they saw the way Nowitzki played (or didn't play's more like it) they would never have given him this award. They may have earned one of the best records in NBA history, but Nash kills this guy!! The amount of assists and the way he makes them are stunning. Watching him play is amazing. Nowitzki, however, shoots from inside the arc and gets boards. That first game against the Spurs in round 2, while they were beaten and Duncan and Parker each scored big, Nash had 31 points. Also, in the first round against the Lakers, he came one shy of the record for assists in a playoff game with 23!! This is a travesty. Nash is still the MVP in my eyes. When he hoists the championship trophy, we'll all know who the real MVP is here. mkearney_913
KIDD avg a triple double in a playoff series yet he doesnt give MVP consideration and thats why it makes sense that MVP should be awarded to th eperson who had a good Regular season. Dirks team won 67 games lead the nba was the number 1 seed in the western conference and obviouslyt Dirk was the MVP of his team. If all you guys are complaining that Nash should have won it this year then obviously Kobe should have had the trophy last year
KoFoNiO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 KoFoNiO
Member since 2006 • 938 Posts
Whats with all these Dirk haters on this forum? If the MVP award isn't so important to most of you then why are you complaining about Dirk getting it. Dirk deserved it this year. If numbers don't mean anything then why has Nash won it the past 2 years? Nash won it twice but he's never won any NBA Finals, or even appeared in a Finals. MVP is for the regular season, since Dirk won't get the Finals MVP this year why don't you worry about Nash trying to get that instead of *****ing about Dirk getting MVP?
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 UssjTrunks

[QUOTE="mkearney_913"]Unbelievable. While I know the votes were cast before the playoffs, if they saw the way Nowitzki played (or didn't play's more like it) they would never have given him this award. They may have earned one of the best records in NBA history, but Nash kills this guy!! The amount of assists and the way he makes them are stunning. Watching him play is amazing. Nowitzki, however, shoots from inside the arc and gets boards. That first game against the Spurs in round 2, while they were beaten and Duncan and Parker each scored big, Nash had 31 points. Also, in the first round against the Lakers, he came one shy of the record for assists in a playoff game with 23!! This is a travesty. Nash is still the MVP in my eyes. When he hoists the championship trophy, we'll all know who the real MVP is here. NetYankEagle
KIDD avg a triple double in a playoff series yet he doesnt give MVP consideration and thats why it makes sense that MVP should be awarded to th eperson who had a good Regular season. Dirks team won 67 games lead the nba was the number 1 seed in the western conference and obviouslyt Dirk was the MVP of his team. If all you guys are complaining that Nash should have won it this year then obviously Kobe should have had the trophy last year

Kidd had an outstanding regular and post season. I would definitely rank him higher than Dirk in MVP voting, he puts up better numbers and is just as valuable to his team.

CmdrMCLinkses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CmdrMCLinkses
Member since 2007 • 778 Posts
Nash should  have totally won. He was good all year.Laugh know Nowitski next year nash will win it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BobSacamento

[QUOTE="NetYankEagle"][QUOTE="mkearney_913"]Unbelievable. While I know the votes were cast before the playoffs, if they saw the way Nowitzki played (or didn't play's more like it) they would never have given him this award. They may have earned one of the best records in NBA history, but Nash kills this guy!! The amount of assists and the way he makes them are stunning. Watching him play is amazing. Nowitzki, however, shoots from inside the arc and gets boards. That first game against the Spurs in round 2, while they were beaten and Duncan and Parker each scored big, Nash had 31 points. Also, in the first round against the Lakers, he came one shy of the record for assists in a playoff game with 23!! This is a travesty. Nash is still the MVP in my eyes. When he hoists the championship trophy, we'll all know who the real MVP is here. UssjTrunks

Kidd had an outstanding regular and post season. I would definitely rank him higher than Dirk in MVP voting, he puts up better numbers and is just as valuable to his team.

no way, team has to win at least 50 games to be considered

only one player in the last like 50 years has won it without having his team win 50 games 

pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 pundog
[QUOTE="mkearney_913"]Unbelievable. While I know the votes were cast before the playoffs, if they saw the way Nowitzki played (or didn't play's more like it) they would never have given him this award. They may have earned one of the best records in NBA history, but Nash kills this guy!! The amount of assists and the way he makes them are stunning. Watching him play is amazing. Nowitzki, however, shoots from inside the arc and gets boards. That first game against the Spurs in round 2, while they were beaten and Duncan and Parker each scored big, Nash had 31 points. Also, in the first round against the Lakers, he came one shy of the record for assists in a playoff game with 23!! This is a travesty. Nash is still the MVP in my eyes. When he hoists the championship trophy, we'll all know who the real MVP is here. NetYankEagle

If the nets had put up a better record then he would have had a shot, but losing the division to the raps means he never had a chance.
BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BobSacamento

dirk has now officially won the mvp trophy, and is to receive it next week

didnt the mavs have a better record than the suns last year? i just dont get it 

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
lol all the Mavs fans now come back to their hero Dirk...werent you guys blaming him and calling him a choke star.
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
Nash deserved the first MVP, but not the last one. But this year he deserved it. It should have been either him or Kobe, but giving it to Dirk for the sake of not allowing Nash to win three straight is stupid. I would rather give it to Wade or Lebron than give it to Dirk.
EvilAlgorithm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 EvilAlgorithm
Member since 2004 • 1073 Posts
Dirk is lucky they dont count the playoffs.
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts
i don't think Tinman Dirk deserves the award as well. Nash should've gotten it.
Avatar image for bubblesbarry182
bubblesbarry182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bubblesbarry182
Member since 2004 • 378 Posts
nash goes down and the suns lose a few. nash comes back, they go on another winning streak. don't you think that thats valuable????
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NetYankEagle

nash goes down and the suns lose a few. nash comes back, they go on another winning streak. don't you think that thats valuable????bubblesbarry182
that equation would go for the Wolves w/o Garnett Nets w/o Kidd Cavs w/o Lebron, Hornets w/o Paul  LAKERS w/o Kobe Sixers w/o Iverson so that excuse shouldnt be used

BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BobSacamento

of course it should be

only difference is: suns w/ nash = 62 wins 

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NetYankEagle

of course it should be

BobSacamento
Suns w/o Nash would be a 50 Game winning team. if you were to put  someone like jameer Nelson on the team they would be a 55 game winning team. Having Amare Marion and Barbosa can make any Point guard look like crist
BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BobSacamento

other way around

those guys look like christ because of nash

moreso in the past, now they are better - but look at the team record before he got there, 29 wins 

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 UssjTrunks
[QUOTE="BobSacamento"]

of course it should be

NetYankEagle

Suns w/o Nash would be a 50 Game winning team. if you were to put  someone like jameer Nelson on the team they would be a 55 game winning team. Having Amare Marion and Barbosa can make any Point guard look like crist

How many wins did they have before Nash came? 29?

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NetYankEagle
[QUOTE="NetYankEagle"][QUOTE="BobSacamento"]

of course it should be

UssjTrunks

Suns w/o Nash would be a 50 Game winning team. if you were to put someone like jameer Nelson on the team they would be a 55 game winning team. Having Amare Marion and Barbosa can make any Point guard look like crist

How many wins did they have before Nash came? 29?

how many wins did the 2000-2001 Nets have before Kidd came? 26. How many wins did the Nets 2001-2002 team have when Kidd arrived .....52 and a trip to the Finls but he didnt win the MVP award.
nivet14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 nivet14
Member since 2006 • 5329 Posts

Nash definitely deserved to be MVP again this year

tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points