DEFINITION of a TRUE Yankee FAN???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RyuHayabusaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 RyuHayabusaX
Member since 2005 • 7838 Posts
Whenever I hear anyone saying they're a Yankee fan, I IMMEDIATELY think you're a bandwagoner and you only go for them because they win. I mean my teacher at school has been going for the Cardinals since the 1960s(when they were REALLY bad), so for him to be rooting for the Cardinals is fine. But it seems everyone is always going for the Yankees and acting like they're a true fan. I'm sure that the majority of everyone outside of New York goes for the Yankees just because they win.
jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jeebuscrust
Member since 2004 • 5571 Posts
Hating A-Rod one week then loving him the next week.
chatri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 chatri10
Member since 2002 • 752 Posts

Hating A-Rod one week then loving him the next week.jeebuscrust

LOL You're so right about that. 

RyuHayabusaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 RyuHayabusaX
Member since 2005 • 7838 Posts
This thread is lame.Rhazakna
Umm, no it's not, most Yankees fans who just go for the Yankees because they win so much are lame. Now I don't know about you, why don't you tell us. Are you from New York? How long have you liked the Yankees? Why? I'm not trying to suggest you're bad or anything, I just want to know what type of fan are you. I mean
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]This thread is lame.RyuHayabusaX
Umm, no it's not, most Yankees fans who just go for the Yankees because they win so much are lame. Now I don't know about you, why don't you tell us. Are you from New York? How long have you liked the Yankees? Why? I'm not trying to suggest you're bad or anything, I just want to know what type of fan are you. I mean

Most fans of any popular team are like that. You think the Yankees are the only bandwagon team? In 2004, the Red Sox bandwagon eclipsed the Yankee bandwagon several fold. People jump on any team that's winning in any sport. The Lakers had legions of fans a few years ago. Now they're all wearing Wade jerseys.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

Most Yankees fans living outside of NY are insecure.

ZeldaNut113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ZeldaNut113
Member since 2005 • 1037 Posts

As a Phillies fan, I can defend that as not just a Yankee thing, but pretty much a Northeast thing.

Personally, I hate the Yankees and most of their fans (If you're a lifelong fan, then you're cool...I hate bandwagon fans!!!)

SuperVegeta518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SuperVegeta518
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
I never hated A-Rod. If a guy hits 290 with 30 homers and over 100 RBIs it's fine with me.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
This thread may have a point if the Yankees have won anything recently.
dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts
If u suffered through the 80s and early 90s and loved the Yanks as much as you do now, you are a fan. I hate fair-weather fans of any sport. As an avid MJ hater and huge Knick fan, I had to endure millions of Chicago Bulls fans through the early 90s that nowadays wouldn't know Ben Gordon if he slapped them in the face.
nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#12 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts

I am from New York and live their. Been a Yankees fan for as long as I have been alive because my dad got me into them. Still remember watching Paul O'Neil making those badass catches 8)

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nygiants1080

If u suffered through the 80s and early 90s and loved the Yanks as much as you do now, you are a fan.dru26

What if you weren't alive in the 80's...

expertgamer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 expertgamer3
Member since 2005 • 5828 Posts
well, i still hate him. he can't produce in the post season when we need him the most. oh, and as for the topic i've been a yankees fan all my life. i haven't jumped on any bandwagon, and i don't like the people who do.
bulletproofcow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15 bulletproofcow
Member since 2005 • 11261 Posts
I'd say its safe to say you're a real fan if you live in the Tri-state area. I'm from Connecticut and we don't have a baseball team, so I've been a Yankee fan since I started watching with my dad.
ronniemoisture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ronniemoisture
Member since 2007 • 150 Posts

Def of a true yankee fan....

you oppose a salary cap

you want to see Joe T fired every year

and your still in denial after the BoSox took four straight in 2004 ALCS when you were up three

fws831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fws831
Member since 2003 • 848 Posts
The yankees the best team ever in sports, and for u to make a thread like this about them just proves your jealousy. o and im for NJ, their my home team and i was raised to be a yankee fan.
SonicBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#18 SonicBalla
Member since 2006 • 2610 Posts

The yankees the best team ever in sports, and for u to make a thread like this about them just proves your jealousy. o and im for NJ, their my home team and i was raised to be a yankee fan.fws831

What a lie They arent the best sports team ever.If you gave like 2 billion dollars to the Kansas City Royals than you can bet your ass that they'll be in the playoffs.Its not only the Team its the money if the Yankees were broke would they really have 26 rings.If the Royals had 2 billion dollars could they have 26 rings I believe so.

eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 eitremn
Member since 2004 • 806 Posts
I love the yankees because they got me into watching baseball.  before i started watching them i could have cared less about baseball.
eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 eitremn
Member since 2004 • 806 Posts

[QUOTE="dru26"]If u suffered through the 80s and early 90s and loved the Yanks as much as you do now, you are a fan.nygiants1080

or old enough to be a true fan of any sports team?  i was wondering this same thing.

FragStains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FragStains
Member since 2003 • 20668 Posts

The same goes for any team of any sport.  People like the successful and popular teams.  On the flipside, some people also root for the crappy teams just because they are the underdog.

I, myself, root for the teams from the state and city that I live.  

I respect a person who understands the game at hand more than person who dresses up in the full assortment of clothing available and had no idea the nuances of the game.  I'm talking to you, blonde airheads behind the plate at Fenway with pink t-shirts and hats.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts

The same goes for any team of any sport.  People like the successful and popular teams.  On the flipside, some people also root for the crappy teams just because they are the underdog.

I, myself, root for the teams from the state and city that I live.  

I respect a person who understands the game at hand more than person who dresses up in the full assortment of clothing available and had no idea the nuances of the game.  I'm talking to you, blonde airheads behind the plate at Fenway with pink t-shirts and hats.

FragStains
Who doesn't like the blondes in pink tank tops and shorts?  Who cares if they don't know what 6-4-3 means?  BRING ON THE BLONDES!
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
True fans don't run around judging people and worrying about who is a true fan and who is not. ;)
jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jeebuscrust

The yankees the best team ever in sports, and for u to make a thread like this about them just proves your jealousy. o and im for NJ, their my home team and i was raised to be a yankee fan.fws831

The best team ever in sports? Ahahahahahahahha.  

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts

Most Yankees fans living outside of NY are insecure.

UssjTrunks
well i live in NY im a yankee fan since 99 when i started actually following games and its been great. I also never hated on arod since what arod did last year are number any 3rd baseman would kill for(except the errors).
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NetYankEagle

[QUOTE="fws831"]The yankees the best team ever in sports, and for u to make a thread like this about them just proves your jealousy. o and im for NJ, their my home team and i was raised to be a yankee fan.jeebuscrust

best franchise team in all of sports yes. recently no
rootcactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rootcactus
Member since 2004 • 2899 Posts

[QUOTE="dru26"]If u suffered through the 80s and early 90s and loved the Yanks as much as you do now, you are a fan.nygiants1080

Thats what I hate about people who accuse you of being a bandwagoner because you haven't suffered through the hard times. I live in jersey and and it just so happens that when I started to gain an interest in the yankees they were good. I was just too young in the early 90's when they weren't good to actually appreciate or even know what baseball was. I can guaruntee you though that the next time they do go through a bad 5-10 year stretch, I will be right along side supporting them.  

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nygiants1080

Thats what I hate about people who accuse you of being a bandwagoner because you haven't suffered through the hard times. I live in jersey and and it just so happens that when I started to gain an interest in the yankees they were good. I was just too young in the early 90's when they weren't good to actually appreciate or even know what baseball was. I can guaruntee you though that the next time they do go through a bad 5-10 year stretch, I will be right along side supporting them.  rootcactus

Yeah I agree. I mean I can see your a Giants and Nets fan and so am I and they have had horrible season in the past when you probably did watch them as well as I. I still stuck through them and they are both getting better.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts

[QUOTE="fws831"]The yankees the best team ever in sports, and for u to make a thread like this about them just proves your jealousy. o and im for NJ, their my home team and i was raised to be a yankee fan.jeebuscrust

Yes, they are the best franchise in all of sports.  I absolutely hate the Yankees, but there is really no intelligent way to argue with that.  However, it is truly disgusting that so many people claim to be Yankee fans, even though they have ABSOLUTELY NO TIE with the team.
Steelers_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 Steelers_86
Member since 2003 • 2268 Posts

I agree completely.  If you aren't from NY, or have a relative on the team, then you aren't a TRUE fan.  That goes for every team. 

*Prepares for incessant flaming from kids that just "picked" a team when they were young because they "liked" a player.  Pathetic.*

murlow12

Why are you always so fixated on who other people cheer for? Why do you think you have the authority to tell people why or why they shouldn't like a team? You are a true fan of any team if you care about the players, the team history, and the game. Nothing else is a factor.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#33 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Actually, we are...As far as American sports is concern there is no question, maybe world wide some soccers team might be equal(not big soccer fan) but as today, the New York Yankees are the greatest franchise in sports history.  

dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts
[QUOTE="nygiants1080"]

[QUOTE="dru26"]If u suffered through the 80s and early 90s and loved the Yanks as much as you do now, you are a fan.rootcactus

Thats what I hate about people who accuse you of being a bandwagoner because you haven't suffered through the hard times. I live in jersey and and it just so happens that when I started to gain an interest in the yankees they were good. I was just too young in the early 90's when they weren't good to actually appreciate or even know what baseball was. I can guaruntee you though that the next time they do go through a bad 5-10 year stretch, I will be right along side supporting them.

My original post wasn't meant to alienate any youngins, there are an awful lot of Yankee fans in their mid 20s, like myself that have no idea who Melido Perez and Jim Abott are. If you stick with your team through the good times and bad then you are a true fan.
jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jeebuscrust
[QUOTE="jeebuscrust"]

[QUOTE="fws831"]The yankees the best team ever in sports, and for u to make a thread like this about them just proves your jealousy. o and im for NJ, their my home team and i was raised to be a yankee fan.murlow12

Yes, they are the best franchise in all of sports. I absolutely hate the Yankees, but there is really no intelligent way to argue with that. However, it is truly disgusting that so many people claim to be Yankee fans, even though they have ABSOLUTELY NO TIE with the team.

Maybe in America but thats about it. 

fws831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 fws831
Member since 2003 • 848 Posts
[QUOTE="murlow12"][QUOTE="jeebuscrust"]

Yes, they are the best franchise in all of sports. I absolutely hate the Yankees, but there is really no intelligent way to argue with that. However, it is truly disgusting that so many people claim to be Yankee fans, even though they have ABSOLUTELY NO TIE with the team.

no, in the world 

Sports_N_E_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sports_N_E_1
Member since 2006 • 881 Posts

I feel what you are saying but i call myself a yankees fan because ive supported and rooted for Derrick Jeter since i understood the game of baseball (i.e. second grade). Granted, the yankees win, but they havent won the big one for a long while now (2000). Does that make me a bangwagon hopper?

JustAGamer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 JustAGamer01
Member since 2004 • 568 Posts
Yea thats true i mean damn some people just hate on Arod.. me ive been a fan since '95, and i stick with them through the good and bad...
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NetYankEagle
[QUOTE="murlow12"][QUOTE="jeebuscrust"]

is there any other team that has gone to thier champioship 39 times and won it 26 times??
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

I feel what you are saying but i call myself a yankees fan because ive supported and rooted for Derrick Jeter since i understood the game of baseball (i.e. second grade). Granted, the yankees win, but they havent won the big one for a long while now (2000). Does that make me a bangwagon hopper?

Sports_N_E_1

If you don't live in New York and never had, then yes (Unless you're city doesn't have a team of its own). Arod is one of my favourite players, but I still hate the Yankees with a passion. 

Steelers_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 Steelers_86
Member since 2003 • 2268 Posts

This is such a ridiculous idea. What if you live in a location of a minor league affiliate? Can you support their MLB parent team? Everyone stop making up arbitrary rules about what makes you a "real" fan, because there is no definition. If you spend time/money/loyalty on a team, then you are a fan.

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nygiants1080

Their (Yankees) 26 titles make them the most successful franchise in North American professional sports history, passing the Montreal Canadiens' 24 titles

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

I feel what you are saying but i call myself a yankees fan because ive supported and rooted for Derrick Jeter since i understood the game of baseball (i.e. second grade). Granted, the yankees win, but they havent won the big one for a long while now (2000). Does that make me a bangwagon hopper?

Sports_N_E_1

Most Yankee fans can spell Derek Jeter. 

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#45 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts

[QUOTE="jeebuscrust"]Hating A-Rod one week then loving him the next week.SuperVegeta518
I never hated A-Rod. If a guy hits 290 with 30 homers and over 100 RBIs it's fine with me.

I dont like him cuz he's a jerk.

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#46 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts

This thread may have a point if the Yankees have won anything recently.
JML897

The Yankees have almost won the American East conference every year for like the past 10 years, and have won the American division many of those times.  That's a lot of winning. 

jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jeebuscrust
[QUOTE="jeebuscrust"]

[QUOTE="fws831"]The yankees the best team ever in sports, and for u to make a thread like this about them just proves your jealousy. o and im for NJ, their my home team and i was raised to be a yankee fan.nygiants1080

Their (Yankees) 26 titles make them the most successful franchise in North American professional sports history, passing the Montreal Canadiens' 24 titles

Yeah thats North America, I'm talking about the world. 

jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jeebuscrust
[QUOTE="jeebuscrust"][QUOTE="murlow12"][QUOTE="jeebuscrust"]

[QUOTE="fws831"]The yankees the best team ever in sports, and for u to make a thread like this about them just proves your jealousy. o and im for NJ, their my home team and i was raised to be a yankee fan.NetYankEagle

is there any other team that has gone to thier champioship 39 times and won it 26 times??

Juventus has won 36 national titles so thats almost 3 more then the Yankees WS appearances. It's different to compare international teams because they use different formats in their leagues then the North American leagues. But Juventus is definitly a better team then the Yanks.