Cullpepper should he stay or go?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gatorforlife07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 gatorforlife07
Member since 2007 • 1098 Posts
i think that dante cullpepper should stay he is a great Quaterback even though he was seriously injured. What do you guys think?
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
After watching him here in MN I predicted he'd do poorly in Miami, and what do you know ...

Assuming Culpepper can ever run again he can be useful, but only because there is the threat to run. Even then I doubt he can ever be a slightly better than average QB. You'll need a great team to him great again. He won't make a team any better than it already is.

The problem is his decision making as a QB has been poor his whole career and has never shown signs of improvement there. He's also a bit of a fragile guy in terms of personality so it's not like he's going to be a team leader or anything. If he can't run again, he won't last in the NFL.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
Oakland anyone??
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts

I think that Culpepper playing well without Randy Moss was a fluke. I don't think he has what Miami needs. However, giving him another shot isn't out of the question.
MartinRiggs15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 MartinRiggs15
Member since 2004 • 614 Posts

I think he should become a career backup, and just help the young guys get a little better.

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
As a Miami fan I think he should GET OUTTA HERE!  As said before he makes poor decisions, he holds the ball too long, and he has a bum knee.  Supposedly Miami is looking at Trent Green but he had a major concussion.  I think we just like taking other teams' garbage.
Ebeneezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ebeneezer
Member since 2002 • 3453 Posts
He must be a starter somewhere.  If he is a back-up, where am I going to see him get his "roll-on" any time he scores a TD? 
marksman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 marksman77
Member since 2003 • 454 Posts
From what I have read on line he is done.  It's been a while now and the knee is not better.  I don't think he has much of a career left in the league.  He's no longer a young guy that someone will take chance on like WIllis McGahee in Buffalo.  I think the Dolpins will have to release him to ease the salary cap hit.
datniccah187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 datniccah187
Member since 2005 • 1299 Posts

Culpepper is going to have a big year i think.  A breakout year, if you can call it that because he's allready been at superstar status.   But still people need to stop sleeping on him.  He had some extra time to heal, so his injuries should be much much better than last season.  Miami would be a fool to get rid of him.  He's going to be the real deal in 2007.

Shotfire20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 Shotfire20
Member since 2005 • 1745 Posts

Culpepper is going to have a big year i think. A breakout year, if you can call it that because he's allready been at superstar status. But still people need to stop sleeping on him. He had some extra time to heal, so his injuries should be much much better than last season. Miami would be a fool to get rid of him. He's going to be the real deal in 2007.

datniccah187

i dont know why. but i feel the same.
BrokenDreams13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 BrokenDreams13
Member since 2004 • 1206 Posts

Culpepper is going to have a big year i think. A breakout year, if you can call it that because he's allready been at superstar status. But still people need to stop sleeping on him. He had some extra time to heal, so his injuries should be much much better than last season. Miami would be a fool to get rid of him. He's going to be the real deal in 2007.

datniccah187

I hope so as I am a Dolphins fan.  

twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
I don't know. Culpepper used to be one of my favorite QB's. I just don't think he could play well anymore. We will have to wait and see.
VERS1ON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 VERS1ON
Member since 2003 • 1188 Posts
I personally think that he's done. The injury was career threatening in the first place, plus he rushed back and complicated the injury. At his cap number, he's definitely not worth it, going into a new offense and new set of coaches. Last time that happened, he got traded to Miami when he didn't demonstrate willingness to communicate with Brad Childress. I still don't believe all of his success was based upon Randy Moss, but he certainly helped. I personally think that he's lost too much time, especially with the nearly imminent trade for Trent Green on the horizon.
ronniemoisture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ronniemoisture
Member since 2007 • 150 Posts
He has to stay who else can they start, Cleo Lemon???  He is not even in Pepps atmosphere.
badaboom187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 badaboom187
Member since 2005 • 6917 Posts
no hes the most overrated QB ever
JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JDW_games
Member since 2006 • 1892 Posts
Culpepper is a chump.
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts

He has to stay who else can they start, Cleo Lemon??? He is not even in Pepps atmosphere.ronniemoisture

The guy was too hurt to participate in the mini camp the just had this past weekend.  So yes, if the phins have to they will start Cleo.  Most likely we will get Trent Green.Â