College Football Thread

#151 Edited by 36Ounces (2036 posts) -

FSUs only legit win is Clemson, Miami didn't even belong in the top 15.

Overrated or not, Canes still deserved their ranking. A BCS conf. team undefeated at the time who beat a Florida team at full strength. They def belonged inside the top 10.

#152 Edited by Innovazero2000 (3117 posts) -

They barely survived against several teams a top 10 team should decimate, all I'm saying...and Florida...meh...even at full strength wasn't anything special this year. Alabama and LSU is where its at.

#153 Posted by Innovazero2000 (3117 posts) -

Just my opinion is all... it was the same thing last year with Notre Dame. Miami is good but they weren't 7th good, but any given Sat. That's why they play.

#154 Edited by 36Ounces (2036 posts) -

@Innovazero2000: I hear ya. But when you one of only eight unbeaten teams at the time an you're in a major conf, you deserve high ranking. Yea, they weren't ready for that kinda game though.

#155 Posted by yokofox33 (28409 posts) -

Miami was a top-15 team at best. They were #7 by default. They are definitely a good team, just no where near the level of many of those top 10 teams.

#156 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

Had to miss most of the 2nd half to do something with the family. Really wished I could have seen Florida trying to do that comeback. Disappointed they lost.

#157 Edited by 36Ounces (2036 posts) -

Thursday night baby ! Can't wait.

Yup Thursday should be the shit with Baylor/OU and Oregon/Stanford playin. Huge games.

#159 Edited by Innovazero2000 (3117 posts) -

wtf do dumb@$$ people shove death threats at those they disagree with like it makes them better. People are stupid...

On topic however, that was really dumb to do on Freemans part.

#160 Edited by 36Ounces (2036 posts) -

@Innovazero2000: Freeman's from Miami but wasn't recruited by them. Nothin wrong with what he did, it's a fuckin rivalry game lol. Kid was angry Canes didn't recruit him and dude made them pay for it. Glad that bitch got fired too, what an idiot.

#161 Posted by Braun_Roid_Rage (630 posts) -

@36Ounces said:

@Innovazero2000: Nothin wrong with what he did, it's a fuckin rivalry game lol.

Word, people are such pusses and get offended too easily nowadays.

#162 Edited by nolzwin (361 posts) -

Innovazero2000wtf do dumb@$$ people shove death threats at those they disagree with like it makes them better. People are stupid...On topic however, that was really dumb to do on Freemans part.

Stupid is when a grown a$$ man puts a bounty on a college kid for out playing his school! Oh wow he flashed the almighty U symbol, GET OVER YOURSELF denato sileo or whatever that "never was" douchebags name is! how many times have opponents tomahawk chopped FSU in a loss? gave the gator chomp to UF in a loss? threw the upside down longhorn symbol to UT in a loss? IT'S COLLEGE FOOTBALL! and i'm glad UM led the investigation. and if anything happens to freeman (for playing lights out) there should be criminal charges for solicitation.

#163 Edited by Braun_Roid_Rage (630 posts) -

Been hearing a lot of talk about Saban possibly going to Texas. Know you'd love that Kitna.

#165 Posted by nolzwin (361 posts) -

ESPN is reporting it wasn't freeman in the bounty scandal it was timmy Jernigan.

#166 Edited by Put_in_Kitna (2547 posts) -

Yes, that's it Saban. Come here, win 3 titles, then off you go to Miami, Florida or wherever you wanna go after that.

#167 Edited by nolzwin (361 posts) -
#168 Edited by Braun_Roid_Rage (630 posts) -

The four top teams could easily go without a loss this year and two will get screwed. BCS could go out with a big fail bang.

Pumped for the Baylor game man.

#169 Edited by Chutebox (35688 posts) -

Two huge games tonight. I got Sooners and Ducks taking it.

#170 Edited by Braun_Roid_Rage (630 posts) -

Both games could go either way. Baylor's finally getting tested so i'm happy.

#171 Posted by GotFiveRings (341 posts) -

Yes, that's it Saban. Come here, win 3 titles, then off you go to Miami, Florida or wherever you wanna go after that.

Nah dude, he'll go to CU next for a real challenge.

#172 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2547 posts) -

@Put_in_Kitna said:

How is that a challenge? Thought the whole point of CU athletics is to stink. He would easily accomplish that.

#173 Posted by 36Ounces (2036 posts) -

I like that Ducks RB talkin all that shit. Maybe that'll fire up Stanfords D.

#174 Posted by GotFiveRings (341 posts) -

@GotFiveRings said:

@Put_in_Kitna said:

How is that a challenge? Thought the whole point of CU athletics is to stink. He would easily accomplish that.

Nah, Saban turn it around in one year and win a ring.

#175 Edited by sfkm2 (67769 posts) -

My teacher was like "come to our (my college university) football game . Support the team. Don't be at home watching LSU vs AL. You know LSU will be down by a lot points."

ME: ROFLMAO!

#176 Posted by Chutebox (35688 posts) -

See, that's bull shit. Dude aimed at the shoulder pads and the WR is the one who lowered his head and got knocked hard. What happens? Ejection and penalty!

Even my wife is asking, "What are they supposed to do?"

#177 Edited by Boston_Boyy (3812 posts) -

Baylor just got a torn a new one with those rulings, which truthfully seems severely excessive after watching the hit on replay, had Baylor not been idiotic there it would have been 15-yards and a play-on.

#178 Posted by yokofox33 (28409 posts) -

At least they overturned the ejection.

#179 Posted by Chutebox (35688 posts) -

Baylor just got a torn a new one with those rulings, which truthfully seems severly excessive after watching the hit on replay.

Glad he's still in game. Only reason they threw the flag was because it was such a damn hard hit. Jokie

#180 Edited by Chutebox (35688 posts) -

Ya...but Ok got 45 yards lol

#181 Edited by Boston_Boyy (3812 posts) -

And then he makes the biggest play of the game so far, I guarantee there's going to be a fake controversy here if OU loses a close-one.

Edit: aaaaaaaaaaand now we have a safety, cool playcall y'all.

#182 Posted by yokofox33 (28409 posts) -

@Chutebox said:
@yokofox33 said:

Yeah, but #6 was a dummy for taking his helmet off. I don't know what his other penalty was for though.

#183 Posted by Boston_Boyy (3812 posts) -

@Chutebox said:
@yokofox33 said:

Yeah, but #6 was a dummy for taking his helmet off. I don't know what his other penalty was for though.

Pretty sure it was for getting into the face of the ref. Either way both of those were stupid penalties to commit. Had they let the situation play itself out there would have still been no ejections but with only one 15-yard penalty.

#184 Posted by yokofox33 (28409 posts) -

Someone please tell me they saw that crazy Stanford fan screaming in the camera when they scored that first TD.

I lol'd.

#185 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2547 posts) -

5 points. lmfao. I LOVE IT.

#186 Posted by yokofox33 (28409 posts) -

Baylor laying the smack down. Stanford looks hella good, too.

#187 Edited by yokofox33 (28409 posts) -

Samantha Ponder is so hot. She loves that FSU D.

#188 Posted by Chutebox (35688 posts) -

Seriously Ducks?

#189 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2547 posts) -

Oh yeah, backing up that shit talking there Ducks. LMAO.

#190 Posted by Seabas989 (9667 posts) -

lol Oregon.

#191 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2547 posts) -

Okay FSU, its all on you.

#192 Posted by Boston_Boyy (3812 posts) -

Considering their remaining schedule the only thing I could see separating Florida State and the title game are themselves, because I certainly don't see anyone on their schedule giving them them any sort of challenge.

#193 Edited by Braun_Roid_Rage (630 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

Good picks brah.

Baylor for real mofos! Bent that ass over I love it. LOL Oregon.

#194 Posted by GotFiveRings (341 posts) -
#195 Posted by 36Ounces (2036 posts) -

Great wins for Stanford and Baylor. Bama woulda fucked the Ducks up if they played in title game. Baylor should jump Ohio St with that massacre I think. And Noles in a good spot now hell yea, jus gotta keep takin care of business.

#196 Edited by Rayrota (1456 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

Dammit, Skip!

#198 Edited by Braun_Roid_Rage (630 posts) -

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1842169-stanfords-defense-makes-oregon-wr-josh-huff-cry

lol what a puss.

#199 Posted by yokofox33 (28409 posts) -

I love Stanford.

FSU needs to stay focused though.

#200 Edited by nolzwin (361 posts) -

like Jimbo says "this weekend is just another faceless opponent". Stay focused and execute. take care of business. Some good news is Winston has been fitted with new contacts scary to think how good he can be now that he can see.