Clinton Portis just needs to shut up!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
Anyone here heard what Portis said---he basically defended Vick (which isn't a bad thing), but he went too far in saying that it's just dog fighting and it's no big deal and it happens and if it happens in (Vick's house) closed doors, it shouldn't matter cause what goes in your house is your business. What a knucklehead!
Avatar image for Powerhitter0418
Powerhitter0418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Powerhitter0418
Member since 2006 • 1950 Posts
He's an idiot.
d12malu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 d12malu
Member since 2002 • 1023 Posts
That's the dumbest thing Ive heard all day. What a moron.
Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts
Yeah, because we all know that it's OKAY to do something illegal as long as you do it on your own property. Seriously, I have zero respect for both Vick and Portis. I hope the commissioner does some serious reprimanding with Vick. :x
Tondre22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Tondre22
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Clinton Portis is a chump, the only reason he was ever good was because he was on one of the best running teams in the leauge (Denver).
fws831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fws831
Member since 2003 • 848 Posts
id like to see the exact quote before i call someone an idiot, but if thats what he said hes retarted
opima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 opima
Member since 2004 • 361 Posts

Clinton Portis is a chump, the only reason he was ever good was because he was on one of the best running teams in the leauge (Denver).Tondre22

nice.  couldn't agree more or say it any better.

just proves that the NFL is full of idiots

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts

Portis:

I think people should mind their business, you know. I don't know if he was fighting dogs or not, but it's his property, his dog, if that's what he wants to do, do it.

Here's a link with a few quotes, it actually gets worse. He seems to accuse people judging Vick of being child molesters and says that if Vick is convicted he must have been "cheated".

I doubt he made many friends at home when he said this as well:

I'm from Laurel, Mississippi, so I know a lot of backroads that got a dog fight if you want to go see it.

I'm sure the local chamber of commerce will pounce on this advertising opprotunity...

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
it's hard to imagine people still think like this. makes you wonder what kind of person he is.
Hook_Em

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hook_Em
Member since 2007 • 230 Posts

I don't know what you guys are talking about, this guy has never said anything stupid or looked like one before.

PatsFanVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#11 PatsFanVince
Member since 2006 • 290 Posts
Yea hes wierd I mean you don't conduct a interview and says its ok to do something illegal hes a joke.  He can be funny at times with is alter-egos but what hes saying its pretty serious.  He should just shut up and worry about how the Redskins again won't be a contender and that he can't stay healthy.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts

Yeah, because we all know that it's OKAY to do something illegal as long as you do it on your own property. Seriously, I have zero respect for both Vick and Portis. I hope the commissioner does some serious reprimanding with Vick. :xDutch_Mix

Suspension? I hope so, but it will probably be 2-4 games which is still great for me for two reasons: 1.) He'll realize what he's condoning is wrong and 2.) I'm a Panther's fan :D

zarfbloot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 zarfbloot
Member since 2004 • 4557 Posts
I hate Vick, but agree with Portis. Whatever he choses to do in his spare time is his business, illegal or not. Sure it's a stupid thing to do, but it's no one but Vick's business.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts

I hate Vick, but agree with Portis. Whatever he choses to do in his spare time is his business, illegal or not. Sure it's a stupid thing to do, but it's no one but Vick's business.zarfbloot

Having dogs maul each other for your entertainment is wrong.  How involved Vick it is not clear to me but I haven't heard him say much at all about it.

Even that aside Vick like other players in the NFL are high profile representatives of a business.  In this case the NFL, and the team they play for.  Their actions reflect on that organization and the NFL.

If Vick doesn't want any criticism, or attention for this stuff he should put down the ball and walk away. 

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts

I hate Vick, but agree with Portis. Whatever he choses to do in his spare time is his business, illegal or not. Sure it's a stupid thing to do, but it's no one but Vick's business.zarfbloot

So if I choose to murder people in my spare time, it's my business and no one else's? 

Tondre22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Tondre22

[QUOTE="zarfbloot"]I hate Vick, but agree with Portis. Whatever he choses to do in his spare time is his business, illegal or not. Sure it's a stupid thing to do, but it's no one but Vick's business.Rhazakna

So if I choose to murder people in my spare time, it's my business and no one else's?

Only if you do it in your own house, lol

Knowledge33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Knowledge33
Member since 2007 • 841 Posts

WHO FREAKIN CARES???

Personally many of you think it is against the law only because the "law" says it is. Having dogs fighting is bad but it is not the same thing as murdering people. Unfortunately for Vick it is against the law and he just needs to stop it but if you think I have less respect for what Portis said, then you are wrong. I really do not even care. Why don't you all just join PETA or something. You'd be surprised as to how many professional athletes do illegal things.

How about he harp on about how Luke Walton smoked weed in college, for that is also illegal in the good ole United States of America:roll:

How about us arresting the commanding officers and our president for killing our soldiers in Iraq?

zarfbloot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 zarfbloot
Member since 2004 • 4557 Posts

[QUOTE="zarfbloot"]I hate Vick, but agree with Portis. Whatever he choses to do in his spare time is his business, illegal or not. Sure it's a stupid thing to do, but it's no one but Vick's business.Rhazakna

No, murdering people and having dogfights are not even in the same ballpark. Sure dogs will get killed but most people believe a human life is worth more than any animals.

Also to clean up my post I hate to see a dog hurt in any way, shape, or form so no I do not condone what he is doing, it actually disgusts me.

marty_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 marty_81
Member since 2003 • 2823 Posts

WHO FREAKIN CARES???

Personally many of you think it is against the law only because the "law" says it is. Having dogs fighting is bad but it is not the same thing as murdering people. Unfortunately for Vick it is against the law and he just needs to stop it but if you think I have less respect for what Portis said, then you are wrong. I really do not even care. Why don't you all just join PETA or something. You'd be surprised as to how many professional athletes do illegal things.

How about he harp on about how Luke Walton smoked weed in college, for that is also illegal in the good ole United States of America:roll:

How about us arresting the commanding officers and our president for killing our soldiers in Iraq?

Knowledge33
Uh...what?
d12malu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 d12malu
Member since 2002 • 1023 Posts

WHO FREAKIN CARES???

Knowledge33

I really don't know what you are trying to say, that you don't care but you care that other people care? Let me guess, you don't vote, you don't support any particular political issue, don't care one way or another, but you like to complain afterwards. 

Tondre22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Tondre22

WHO FREAKIN CARES???

Knowledge33

SO your saying smoking weed is the same as dog fighting? yeah, that makes sense. 

Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nene33
Member since 2007 • 7870 Posts

What!!!! breaking the LAW is EVERYBODY'S buisness.

That why there are laws.

Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts
Yeah, athletes should only state the obvious when asked for their honest opinion about on any given situation. If only Tim Hardaway, Clinton Portis, Curt Shiling, or Donavon McNabb had listened.  >_>
Avatar image for Gretzky_99rockz
Gretzky_99rockz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gretzky_99rockz
Member since 2005 • 1026 Posts
i think clinton portis doesn't realize how big a deal this is. Dog-fighting isnt right.I support it being illegal and anyone who does it should have some kind of serious offense aganist them.