Carr or Delhomme???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ronniemoisture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ronniemoisture
Member since 2007 • 150 Posts

Who should start for the Panthers this season??  I personally think Carr should start.  He is more mobile than Jake and has a way better arm. Please share your thoughts. Thanks!!!!

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
No need to pick now, just have theme compete for the job.  If I had to pick I'd go with Carr.
ronniemoisture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ronniemoisture

No need to pick now, just have theme compete for the job.  If I had to pick I'd go with Carr.duxup

your right competition does bring out the best thanks for the thoughts

xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
i got carr. hopefully its a real competition. but i never thought delhomme was that great but the players around him made him look good. and imo panthers are sort of overrated. there a defensive playmaker and a real qb away from a series sb run. i dont think delhomme can get the job done. foster and williams, johnson and smith, and if they get that te are all good pieces on the offensive. but besides peppers i cant think of anyone on defensive except maybe nail diggs i think. (sorry about spelling)
ronniemoisture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ronniemoisture
Ken Lucas was supposed to be a big acquisition a couple years ago, but he has been nothing but average.  I hope they take Greg Olsen (Miami Tight End) in the draft.  I think your right about Delhomme.  He cost them so many games with late turnovers. Peppers is the man but he cant do it all himself.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts

i got carr. hopefully its a real competition. but i never thought delhomme was that great but the players around him made him look good. and imo panthers are sort of overrated. there a defensive playmaker and a real qb away from a series sb run. i dont think delhomme can get the job done. foster and williams, johnson and smith, and if they get that te are all good pieces on the offensive. but besides peppers i cant think of anyone on defensive except maybe nail diggs i think. (sorry about spelling)xbox360isgr8t

Actually, the Panther's do have that 2nd defensive playmaker, but he just never seems to stay healthy a whole season. Dan Morgan (when healthy), is one of the best LB's in the NFL. However, with his injuries over the last few seasons have really hurt our overall defense.

Two other players to look for to have breakout seasons next year are Richard Marshall and Thomas Davis. Marshall had some good games last year and covered his man pretty well for his 1st season and Davis did a nice job, especially when you consider the fact that he had to adapt to a new position moving from safety to linebacker.

As for who I think is the better QB, I agree it's Carr. However, Delhomme knows the Panther's system of offense a lot more than Carr so I think it is Jake's job to lose. If the Panther's do go offense in the 1st round of the draft, I hope they do draft Olsen or Jarrett. 

JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JDW_games
Member since 2006 • 1892 Posts
David Carr. He had a terrible line in Texas. I'm anxious to see what he does in Carolina. I have a feeling he will be the new starter.
badaboom187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 badaboom187
Member since 2005 • 6917 Posts
Carr, he's better than what his stats show.
Sportsnut101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Sportsnut101
Member since 2003 • 7538 Posts
David Carr. He had a terrible line in Texas. I'm anxious to see what he does in Carolina. I have a feeling he will be the new starter. JDW_games
Unfortunately for him, Carolina's line isn't that much better either.
bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts

Who should start for the Panthers this season?? I personally think Carr should start. He is more mobile than Jake and has a way better arm. Please share your thoughts. Thanks!!!!

ronniemoisture

I'd give Delhomme the job but if he struggles for an extended period of time, give Carr a shot. 

Many experts have picked the Panthers to win the NFC for the past 3 years, and they havent come close. 

jimmygrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jimmygrace
Member since 2007 • 2405 Posts
As a Panthers fan I can honestly say we will go nowhere with Carr as are QB, sure Delhomme makes some mistakes but the fact is every time he starts at QB he gives us a chance to win.
Elitemajik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Elitemajik
Member since 2002 • 333 Posts
Carr. The panthers should give one of these two the job before training camp, competition is good for every position in the NFL except for QB. playing QB in the NFL is already stressful enough and if your always looking over your shoulder it can make you play really bad.
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts
I prefer Carr, but I think Delhomme's play last season was a fluke.  He should be the guy for now, but I'd be glad to see Carr take his spot if he falters again.  As has already been stated, it's Delhomme's job to lose.
ronniemoisture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ronniemoisture

[QUOTE="JDW_games"]David Carr. He had a terrible line in Texas. I'm anxious to see what he does in Carolina. I have a feeling he will be the new starter. Sportsnut101
Unfortunately for him, Carolina's line isn't that much better either.

your right. but the Panthers are now implementing a new zone blocking scheme that benefits smaller more athletic linemen.

we should see more strectch runs and cutbacks to better utilize Foster and Williams.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
Delhomme. He once got you to Super Bowl and he's still a very good QB, so let him throw. Why bother with a position that has been somewhat stable for the past three years?
xyoojguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xyoojguy
Member since 2003 • 1102 Posts
If Delhomme struggles go for Carr.. Plus Delhomme is really starting to look like a one year wonder IMO after having that one superbowl season..
jimmygrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jimmygrace

If Delhomme struggles go for Carr.. Plus Delhomme is really starting to look like a one year wonder IMO after having that one superbowl season..xyoojguy

A one year wonder because hes not as good as Brady or Manning? Hes a solid QB, you really have no idea what you're talking about.

xyoojguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xyoojguy
Member since 2003 • 1102 Posts

[QUOTE="xyoojguy"]If Delhomme struggles go for Carr.. Plus Delhomme is really starting to look like a one year wonder IMO after having that one superbowl season..jimmygrace

A one year wonder because hes not as good as Brady or Manning? Hes a solid QB, you really have no idea what you're talking about.

I didn't say he was a bad QB..

But after they went to a superbowl that one year people expect him to lead them his team to a superbowl every single season for the past few years now.. Let just say he ever lived up to what some people excepted.. Jake is a ok QB but not great.. If he was Great QB then people wouldn't talk about Carr replacing him so much..

bhsxfactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bhsxfactor
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I'd take Carr... He has the ability to be a star QB in this league, thats why he was drafted 1st overall.. It's all about the situation and I think this is the right one for Carr, he is FAR more mobile than Delhomme so when that line breaks down atleast he can avoid the rush a little bit, he didnt even have the line to do that in Houston... He has a MONSTER arm and will be able to throw downfield to Steve Smith and Drew Carter, but he has the accuracy to hit Kewshawn across the middle... If they add Greg Olson and pass the ball a little bit more this offense will be MONSTER! Deangelo and Deshaun create a good 1-2 punch in the running game as does Keyshawn and Steve, physical and then speed... This defense needs a little bit of work, maybe they can add Brandon Meriweather, the safety out of Miami in the 3rd round or so... Brian Leonard in the 2nd round wouldn't be a bad guy to take in the draft either, line him up at TE, FB, H-back, Tail back, and slot reciever... If the O-Line gives Carr time to throw then he will have a break out season....
jimmygrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jimmygrace
[QUOTE="jimmygrace"]

[QUOTE="xyoojguy"]If Delhomme struggles go for Carr.. Plus Delhomme is really starting to look like a one year wonder IMO after having that one superbowl season..xyoojguy

I didn't say he was a bad QB..

But after they went to a superbowl that one year people expect him to lead them his team to a superbowl every single season for the past few years now.. Let just say he ever lived up to what some people excepted.. Jake is a ok QB but not great.. If he was Great QB then people wouldn't talk about Carr replacing him so much..

The year after he went to the Super Bowl Steve Smith was out the entire season and he still came within 3 points of getting them in the playoffs, after that he got them back to the NFC championship game, and last season he struggled at times but every QB has a "off year".

ronniemoisture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ronniemoisture

I'd take Carr... He has the ability to be a star QB in this league, thats why he was drafted 1st overall.. It's all about the situation and I think this is the right one for Carr, he is FAR more mobile than Delhomme so when that line breaks down atleast he can avoid the rush a little bit, he didnt even have the line to do that in Houston... He has a MONSTER arm and will be able to throw downfield to Steve Smith and Drew Carter, but he has the accuracy to hit Kewshawn across the middle... If they add Greg Olson and pass the ball a little bit more this offense will be MONSTER! Deangelo and Deshaun create a good 1-2 punch in the running game as does Keyshawn and Steve, physical and then speed... This defense needs a little bit of work, maybe they can add Brandon Meriweather, the safety out of Miami in the 3rd round or so... Brian Leonard in the 2nd round wouldn't be a bad guy to take in the draft either, line him up at TE, FB, H-back, Tail back, and slot reciever... If the O-Line gives Carr time to throw then he will have a break out season....bhsxfactor

i would like for them to take olsen but patrick willis in first and leonard in the second or third would be great. Leonard is a poor mans olson and has added value because of his running ability