Canucks Vs. Ducks

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

toastedfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 toastedfridge
Member since 2007 • 217 Posts

Who will win and in how many games?

360_Degrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 360_Degrees
Member since 2007 • 354 Posts

Canucks in 6.

Luongo proves to be a ridiculously good goal-tender and light it up in the play offs some more.

Sedins put up plenty of points, along with Pyatt, Linden, Naslund, and Bieksa. 

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
Ducks in 5. They only need to score two at the most against Luongo a game because the Canucks don't have enough fire power. The Ducks are going to roll into the Finals this year (and no, they aren't my fave team).
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts

If the Canucks can barely score against Dallas, what makes you think they'll beat a team that has better forwards, the best shut down defense (Pronger, Niedermeyer, Beauchemin) and two solid goalies?

3KindgomsRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 3KindgomsRandy
Member since 2005 • 15488 Posts
Ducks in 5.  Canucks do not match up well against Anaheim, at all.  In fact, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it was a sweep.
CaN_U_DiGiT454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CaN_U_DiGiT454
Member since 2004 • 386 Posts
Ducks in 5. Both teams have sweet goalies, and Anaheim is better at everything else. Terrible matchup for the nucks. Not that it matters though, no matter who wins this series, the Wings are going to the Cup Finals.
Canuck3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Canuck3000
Member since 2004 • 40562 Posts

Nucks in 6.

The Ducks don't play the same boring style the Stars do. So the Canucks will score more.

Then if Lui keeps up his play, they'll be just fine.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

Vancouver in 6, Anaheim is going to choke again.

JRoss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 JRoss17
Member since 2005 • 5915 Posts

Nucks in 6.

The Ducks don't play the same boring style the Stars do. So the Canucks will score more.

Then if Lui keeps up his play, they'll be just fine.

Canuck3000
Hmm, My opinion is ducks in 5, they steamrolled the nucks in the regular season (3-0-1) with a 6-0 Shutout, The canucks dont match up good at all with Anaheim, and there scoring is already hurting, so with the big 3, (Niedermayer, Beauchmin(sp?) and Pronger) The Nucks wont get much of anything going.

And LOL @ the guy saying the ducks are gonna choke, when have they choked? Enlighten me please.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts
Ducks in 5
Boocian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Boocian
Member since 2006 • 256 Posts
Ducks in seven. Luoungo is the Canucks, if Canucks offense actually score it would be a good match to see but I don't really see that happening looking at the ducks defense. Anahiem has explosive offense but i think that Luongo can control them
Bauers-Twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bauers-Twin
Member since 2007 • 14150 Posts

CANUCKS!!! woot in 7

CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts
Ducks in seven.  I'm expecting a California WCF lol.  GO SHARKS!!!
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Ducks in seven. I'm expecting a California WCF lol. GO SHARKS!!!CJL182

This is the year we take the cup home to San Jose. 8) 

toastedfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 toastedfridge
Member since 2007 • 217 Posts

Nucks in 6.

Better Goalie and Forwards.    (Also the Ducks did choke vs. Edmonton)

MartinRiggs15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 MartinRiggs15
Member since 2004 • 614 Posts
Nucks in 5. I call for miracles :D
jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jeebuscrust
Member since 2004 • 5571 Posts

It matters what team the Canucks play like on the ice. If they play like they did in 5 of the games last series they are doomed. But if they play like they did in the last 2 periods of game 7 they can win this. I can say this though, the Canucks will score more now, they played their mirror image in Dallas so it was hard for both teams to score. Trust me they have firepower.

Canucks in 7 if they played like they should. 

JRoss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JRoss17

Nucks in 6.

Better Goalie and Forwards.    (Also the Ducks did choke vs. Edmonton)

toastedfridge
Uhm, better forwards on the 'nucks? Selanne, McDonald, Getzlaf, Kunitz, Perry, Penner, to Vancouver who has Naslund, the sedin's and Morrison? What also about Pahlsson (Most Underrated player in the NHL) and Moen and R. Niedermayer, a very great line for them so far in the playoffs. And yes, better GOALIE, what if luongo gets hurt? it would be worse for the nucks if there starter got injured tehn Anaheim.  And they didnt choke, Edmonton Dominated Anaheim minus this year, they got beat 4-1, so any team that gets beat in the Conference finals choked? I dont think so, your logic is flawed on both accounts, next.
juicetino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#20 juicetino
Member since 2005 • 17873 Posts
Canucks in 6. Luongo will be excellent again and the Canucks will learn how to score. After that Game 7 verse Dallas where they actually got a few goals and the Sedins got some points, I think the Nucks will be just fine.
3KindgomsRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 3KindgomsRandy

Canucks in 6. Luongo will be excellent again and the Canucks will learn how to score. After that Game 7 verse Dallas where they actually got a few goals and the Sedins got some points, I think the Nucks will be just fine.juicetino

Weren't two of the four goals empty netters?  I hardly call that an offensive breakout...

TemplaerDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TemplaerDude
Member since 2003 • 15254 Posts
After being shut out for two games, that's an incredibly offensive breakout.
jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jeebuscrust

[QUOTE="juicetino"]Canucks in 6. Luongo will be excellent again and the Canucks will learn how to score. After that Game 7 verse Dallas where they actually got a few goals and the Sedins got some points, I think the Nucks will be just fine.3KindgomsRandy

Weren't two of the four goals empty netters? I hardly call that an offensive breakout...

You obviously don't watch enough hockey, both of these teams are defensive so most of the games will be 2-1. This will not be a high scoring series at all unless a team makes a lot of mistakes. 

jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jeebuscrust

After being shut out for two games, that's an incredibly offensive breakout.TemplaerDude

No kidding, their confidence is sky high right now. 

juicetino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#25 juicetino
Member since 2005 • 17873 Posts
[QUOTE="3KindgomsRandy"]

[QUOTE="juicetino"]Canucks in 6. Luongo will be excellent again and the Canucks will learn how to score. After that Game 7 verse Dallas where they actually got a few goals and the Sedins got some points, I think the Nucks will be just fine.jeebuscrust

Weren't two of the four goals empty netters? I hardly call that an offensive breakout...

You obviously don't watch enough hockey, both of these teams are defensive so most of the games will be 2-1. This will not be a high scoring series at all unless a team makes a lot of mistakes.

Henrik Sedin finally got 2 points. His brother finally got a point. They hadnt gotten points since the first game. They were shut out for over 2 games straight so I would say its an offensive breakout. 

JRoss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JRoss17
*coughcough* Well, good game tonight eh canucks fans?
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#27 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
Wow! Luongo is really stepping it up today! 5 goals and there is still a period left!!! Oh wait... that's 5 goals against him... My bad guys... Looks like the Canucks forgot how to play hockey or something... Well, glad I picked the Ducks in 5!!! Although, 4 seems like a better number now...
jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jeebuscrust

Wow! Luongo is really stepping it up today! 5 goals and there is still a period left!!! Oh wait... that's 5 goals against him... My bad guys... Looks like the Canucks forgot how to play hockey or something... Well, glad I picked the Ducks in 5!!! Although, 4 seems like a better number now...nickdastick

Luongo allowed 4 goals and all of them were incredible goals. Also the Canucks have half of their top 4 out, so that really didn't help. Gigure looked really bad and I think the Canucks can bounce back once they get back Bieksa and Salo.

jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jeebuscrust

*coughcough* Well, good game tonight eh canucks fans?JRoss17

Nothing to brag about, there are so many holes with Anaheim that the Canucks can pick apart. 

njdss4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#30 njdss4
Member since 2003 • 2721 Posts

[QUOTE="nickdastick"]Wow! Luongo is really stepping it up today! 5 goals and there is still a period left!!! Oh wait... that's 5 goals against him... My bad guys... Looks like the Canucks forgot how to play hockey or something... Well, glad I picked the Ducks in 5!!! Although, 4 seems like a better number now...jeebuscrust

Luongo allowed 4 goals and all of them were incredible goals. Also the Canucks have half of their top 4 out, so that really didn't help. Gigure looked really bad and I think the Canucks can bounce back once they get back Bieksa and Salo.

By Anaheim's standards those are regular goals.  I live in SoCal and I'm a Devils fan so I have an unbiased view on this.  Anaheim has too much firepower for even Roberto Luongo to deal with.  Vancouver's best chance at taking a game from the Ducks was Game 1 when they were still riding the momentum of winning their series against Dallas.  Now that is gone, along with any chance Vancouver has of winning this series.  Anaheim in 5. 

hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts
[QUOTE="3KindgomsRandy"]

[QUOTE="juicetino"]Canucks in 6. Luongo will be excellent again and the Canucks will learn how to score. After that Game 7 verse Dallas where they actually got a few goals and the Sedins got some points, I think the Nucks will be just fine.jeebuscrust

you are really bad at predicting :)

5-1, ducks owned 

3KindgomsRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 3KindgomsRandy
[QUOTE="3KindgomsRandy"]

Well, what a revelation!  Two defensive teams don't score many goals.  Thank you hockey master for showing me the light!

/sarcasm

Quit being a Canucks apologist and face reality.

Avatar image for bubblesbarry182
bubblesbarry182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bubblesbarry182
Member since 2004 • 378 Posts
ducks in 5 or 6
jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jeebuscrust
[QUOTE="jeebuscrust"][QUOTE="3KindgomsRandy"]

[QUOTE="juicetino"]Canucks in 6. Luongo will be excellent again and the Canucks will learn how to score. After that Game 7 verse Dallas where they actually got a few goals and the Sedins got some points, I think the Nucks will be just fine.hockeyruler12

you are really bad at predicting :)

5-1, ducks owned

Half of their top 4 were out, there goes two 25-30 minute men. Anaheim didn't look the greatest either.  

jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jeebuscrust
[QUOTE="jeebuscrust"][QUOTE="3KindgomsRandy"]

[QUOTE="juicetino"]Canucks in 6. Luongo will be excellent again and the Canucks will learn how to score. After that Game 7 verse Dallas where they actually got a few goals and the Sedins got some points, I think the Nucks will be just fine.3KindgomsRandy

Well, what a revelation! Two defensive teams don't score many goals. Thank you hockey master for showing me the light!

/sarcasm

Haha oh god face reality? I never flat out said the Canucks will win no matter what but they are definitely underappreciated.  

3KindgomsRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 3KindgomsRandy
[QUOTE="3KindgomsRandy"][QUOTE="jeebuscrust"][QUOTE="3KindgomsRandy"]

Well, what a revelation! Two defensive teams don't score many goals. Thank you hockey master for showing me the light!

/sarcasm

Haha oh god face reality? I never flat out said the Canucks will win no matter what but they are definitely underappreciated.  

Please, I'm so tired of trumped up Canucks fans puffing up their chests and crowing about how overlooked their favorite team is.  The Canucks are not that good.  They would have been dead in the water against any other first round matchup except perhaps Calgary.

jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jeebuscrust
[QUOTE="jeebuscrust"][QUOTE="3KindgomsRandy"][QUOTE="jeebuscrust"][QUOTE="3KindgomsRandy"]

/sarcasm

Please, I'm so tired of trumped up Canucks fans puffing up their chests and crowing about how overlooked their favorite team is. The Canucks are not that good. They would have been dead in the water against any other first round matchup except perhaps Calgary.

They were one of the hottest teams in the West going into the post season and have the best goalie in the west and possibly the league and yet everyone overlooks them. They obviously did something well to make it to the second round of the postseason. Anybody who thinks a playoff team has "no chance" obviously doesn't watch a lot of playoff hockey. 

JRoss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JRoss17

[QUOTE="JRoss17"]*coughcough* Well, good game tonight eh canucks fans?jeebuscrust

Nothing to brag about, there are so many holes with Anaheim that the Canucks can pick apart. 

OH really? and what are those holes? I'd really like to hear this.
jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jeebuscrust
[QUOTE="jeebuscrust"]

[QUOTE="JRoss17"]*coughcough* Well, good game tonight eh canucks fans?JRoss17

They attack too much, the Canucks had quite a few great chances because of their attacking and Gigure looked lost when the Canucks were passing around the puck.

JRoss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JRoss17
[QUOTE="JRoss17"][QUOTE="jeebuscrust"]

[QUOTE="JRoss17"]*coughcough* Well, good game tonight eh canucks fans?jeebuscrust

They attack too much, the Canucks had quite a few great chances because of their attacking and Gigure looked lost when the Canucks were passing around the puck.

First of all, they CAN put consistent pressure with the defense they have, thats why they only gave up 1 goal, AND you say giguere looked lost, Yep, thats why he only gave up one goal, god you get my vote for worst nhl viewer ever.
jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jeebuscrust
[QUOTE="jeebuscrust"][QUOTE="JRoss17"][QUOTE="jeebuscrust"]

[QUOTE="JRoss17"]*coughcough* Well, good game tonight eh canucks fans?JRoss17

First of all, they CAN put consistent pressure with the defense they have, thats why they only gave up 1 goal, AND you say giguere looked lost, Yep, thats why he only gave up one goal, god you get my vote for worst nhl viewer ever.

He looked out of place so often, he was very lucky that the Canucks were not trying very hard and were fatigued. Also they had some holes open with the defence. They only have 3 great defencemen so I would be worried about that.
JRoss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JRoss17
[QUOTE="JRoss17"][QUOTE="jeebuscrust"][QUOTE="JRoss17"][QUOTE="jeebuscrust"]

He looked out of place so often, he was very lucky that the Canucks were not trying very hard and were fatigued. Also they had some holes open with the defence. They only have 3 great defencemen so I would be worried about that.

3 Great with a few "average", Kent Huskins is quietly becoming a steady Blueliner where as Sean O'Donnell ( I dont really like him but) He is still a good 2nd/3rd line d-man, he isnt fast or anything but he is big and has good hockey sense, Luongo better step it up because he is playing like **** right now, there is no way the offense or defense of the canucks can match up with the ducks, and face it, giguere had a few lapses but he is still one of hte top 10, MAYBE 5 goalies, when he is playing like he is right now, you only WISH the canucks had the team anaheim does now.
3KindgomsRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 3KindgomsRandy
[QUOTE="3KindgomsRandy"][QUOTE="jeebuscrust"][QUOTE="3KindgomsRandy"][QUOTE="jeebuscrust"][QUOTE="3KindgomsRandy"]

/sarcasm

Please, I'm so tired of trumped up Canucks fans puffing up their chests and crowing about how overlooked their favorite team is. The Canucks are not that good. They would have been dead in the water against any other first round matchup except perhaps Calgary.

They were one of the hottest teams in the West going into the post season and have the best goalie in the west and possibly the league and yet everyone overlooks them. They obviously did something well to make it to the second round of the postseason. Anybody who thinks a playoff team has "no chance" obviously doesn't watch a lot of playoff hockey. 

Here we go with the "I watch more hockey than you" bit.  Give it a rest.  Yes, upsets happen quite frequently in the NHL playoffs, but there were only two teams in the West built more poorly for the playoffs than Vancouver; Calgary and Minnesota.  Dallas is built on the exact same model as Van, so I'll give that as a wash.  You can look at the team and tell it doesn't have what it takes to win in the playoffs.  A top goalie can take you only so far when you have only one defenseman who is worth a damn (Willie Mitchell of course).  Ohlund has a bit of an offensive touch, but defensively is no better than a third pair d-man. 

And please don't start bleating about Kevin Bieksa.  He may be a great defenseman some day, but right now he makes so many stupid mistakes he hurts his team more than helps.  He almost single handedly cost Van the first round.

Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts
Canucks will win!
jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jeebuscrust
[QUOTE="jeebuscrust"][QUOTE="3KindgomsRandy"][QUOTE="jeebuscrust"][QUOTE="3KindgomsRandy"][QUOTE="jeebuscrust"][QUOTE="3KindgomsRandy"]

/sarcasm

Here we go with the "I watch more hockey than you" bit. Give it a rest. Yes, upsets happen quite frequently in the NHL playoffs, but there were only two teams in the West built more poorly for the playoffs than Vancouver; Calgary and Minnesota. Dallas is built on the exact same model as Van, so I'll give that as a wash. You can look at the team and tell it doesn't have what it takes to win in the playoffs. A top goalie can take you only so far when you have only one defenseman who is worth a damn (Willie Mitchell of course). Ohlund has a bit of an offensive touch, but defensively is no better than a third pair d-man.

And please don't start bleating about Kevin Bieksa. He may be a great defenseman some day, but right now he makes so many stupid mistakes he hurts his team more than helps. He almost single handedly cost Van the first round.

Am I reading what I think I am. I know you hate Dallas but jesus christ. Everyone has been raving about Bieksa during the playoffs, yes he did get quite a few penaltys during the first few games but he's been a key component to that team. He puts in 25-30 minutes a game and is key on the penalty kill. Sami Salo has probably the best slap shot on the team and is a great puck moving defencemen who also puts in 25-30 minutes a game. Are you honestly going to tell me when everyone is healthy that they still have a garbage defence corps? This is the first time I've heard this from somebody. They have 3 solid lines. They may not have the top 3 that Anaheim has but they sure as hell have a better bottom 3. 

360_Degrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 360_Degrees
Member since 2007 • 354 Posts

Series is at 1-1 now, and Vancouver has home ice advantage for the next 2 games.

I don't think this series will be as lop-sided as everyone thinks. Salo will be back next game, hopefully Bieska and Cooke recover within the series, and Luongo stays on top of his game.

I have faith in the Canucks, I'm thinking a 6 game series. Not sure who will win, though. 

jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jeebuscrust
Wow this game proved 3KindgomsRandy wrong about the Canucks D. Everybody stepped up but Fitzpatrick, Sopel and Krajicek had amazing games.
JRoss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 JRoss17
I didnt watch it, was it a good game? No "unfair" ref's?
halo3resident4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 halo3resident4
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts
I say Ducks in 6. Vancouver is going to have a tougher time scoring and unless their goalie Luongo(SP) can steal some games, this series could be over in 4 or 5 games.roulettethedog
yup i say 5 or 6
jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jeebuscrust

I didnt watch it, was it a good game? No "unfair" ref's? JRoss17

It was a great game but the refs were home ice biased. Thats the one problem with the Dallas series too was that the refs gave "home ice advantage" for both teams.Â