Can the Rocket win for the yankees?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for schoolisnotkool
schoolisnotkool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 schoolisnotkool
Member since 2004 • 1973 Posts
He is coming to the american league and I'm not sure how much he has left in the tank. He is pretty much a 6 inning pitcher, so if he is in the al then will he be a 5 or lower, was he even worth taking on at this point? Is the Rocket the savior for the yankees season? Will he break down finally and end his long career? Discuss..
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
He is coming to the american league and I'm not sure how much he has left in the tank. He is pretty much a 6 inning pitcher, so if he is in the al then will he be a 5 or lower, was he even worth taking on at this point? Is the Rocket the savior for the yankees season? Will he break down finally and end his long career? Discuss..schoolisnotkool
you just love making negative yankee threads, but hell ill answer the question and say helll no the rocket wont sav eout season the yankees are just sucking big time ass right now an its just amazing to watch them suck so much. I miss the good old days when he didn tactually have a lineup of just power hitters. I miss Brosious and Knoblock. I just want to have players on the yankees who can be the hero of a certain game or there for the small ball. Mets have Endy Chavez i want a player like that. I was possibly the only person who didnt want Kenny Lofton to go.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

He can't be much worse than what they have now.

Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts

The Rocket is a good pitcher, but he's old.  He'll definitely win a few games for the Yankees, however, he's definitely not worth close to a million dollars a start.

This move pretty much sums up the Yankees problem over the last couple years. Throwing huge sums of money at players who just aren't worth it.

Avatar image for schoolisnotkool
schoolisnotkool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 schoolisnotkool
Member since 2004 • 1973 Posts

How is this being negative, its the truth, the yankees are counting on clemens. They wouldn't have paid him 28 million just for the hell of it.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
Well he only pitches 1 every 5th day. Pettite is pitching beautifully, Wang is getting in grove, Moose needs to get on track and Carl Pa...never mind, Phil should be pitching before the All-Star break. And someone need to wake up the Yanks bats and the Yanks in general. In the other hand, its only May, yes God-almigthy May if I have learned something is that the baseball season its loooooooooong.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

get a taste whats he going to be like in al this year. go back a couple years when he pitch in nl.

and he was pulled since he got cream.

now  thats how he going to pitch

EmanSolid117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 EmanSolid117
Member since 2006 • 952 Posts
He'll win some games for them, but I don't think he's gonna be the ace of the pitching staff. I think he does have juice left in the tank, but not enough to help them all the way.
texranger17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 texranger17
Member since 2007 • 131 Posts
I don't know why the yankees picked him up. I mean, come on its not like one pitcher will make the difference it has to be everybody in the pitching staff.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts

He can't be much worse than what they have now.

UssjTrunks

No doubt

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

I don't know why the yankees picked him up. I mean, come on its not like one pitcher will make the difference it has to be everybody in the pitching staff.texranger17

well actually yes that can happen. even if he dosent pitch well he can teach the younger picthers how to pitch better and well...