Best NBA backcourt in the league?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#1 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts

This is definetly a tough decision especially given the recent performances of late...but I'll lead the debate between two teams:

Golden State:  Baron Davis & Jason Richardson

Detroit:  Chauncy Billups & Richard Hamilton

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
It's not even close, Kidd and Carter is the best there is
vinsanity4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 vinsanity4
Member since 2005 • 552 Posts
i say detroit has the best backcourt. chauncy and rip have played with each other for quite awhile.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
Kidd and Carter is a good one, if only Carter was consistant it would be prefect.
adamf_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 adamf_17
Member since 2005 • 238 Posts

even though there are some good backcourts in the league, i'd have to say carter and kidd

tmac200913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 tmac200913
Member since 2006 • 16647 Posts

i say detroit has the best backcourt. chauncy and rip have played with each other for quite awhile.vinsanity4

yup

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

[QUOTE="vinsanity4"]i say detroit has the best backcourt. chauncy and rip have played with each other for quite awhile.tmac200913

yup

correct. 

MartinRiggs15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MartinRiggs15
Member since 2004 • 614 Posts
Warriors, they just knock down 3s all night long.
Knowledge33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Knowledge33
Member since 2007 • 841 Posts
DUDES!? Billups and Hamilton. They can not only score but they can play some mean defense.
otakuspeedvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 otakuspeedvibe
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

DUDES!? Billups and Hamilton. They can not only score but they can play some mean defense.Knowledge33

Hamilton cant play defense... Hes a great shooter but his D is bad. It just seems better then it is cause of the people surronding him 

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
stats show thast Kidd and Carter are the best backcourt in teh NBA
ScoopyMcScoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ScoopyMcScoop
Member since 2005 • 1191 Posts

Anyone who says Hamiltons D is bad doesn't watch.  That's an argument I've seen around ESPN from time to time and it's an argument that if you actually watch people critique those who say it and the conversations that go on around it, tend to not go in favor of the "rip players garbage d" direction.

Hamilton plays very underrated d, and if you think otherwise, it's because you don't watch, and that's real.

Also, stating Kidd and Carter to me is just another one of those things that people that do nothing but tout stats and hug espn's random opinions all over the place say too.

Carter plays less D than Hamilton, and he's wildly inconsistent and easily shaken (not very strong mentally).

Hamilton and Billups isn't just the best, but it's also the most consistent year to year and usually game to game there is in the league right now, plus they're the most experienced.  They keep detroit in a lot of games they have no business being in.

One way or another, through D or stats, or hustle plays, the Detroit backcourt finds a way to compete.

They are the champs of this argument (if you watch basketball they should be to you as well, because few if any come close to comparing). 

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts

Anyone who says Hamiltons D is bad doesn't watch. That's an argument I've seen around ESPN from time to time and it's an argument that if you actually watch people critique those who say it and the conversations that go on around it, tend to not go in favor of the "rip players garbage d" direction.

Hamilton plays very underrated d, and if you think otherwise, it's because you don't watch, and that's real.

Also, stating Kidd and Carter to me is just another one of those things that people that do nothing but tout stats and hug espn's random opinions all over the place say too.

Carter plays less D than Hamilton, and he's wildly inconsistent and easily shaken (not very strong mentally).

Hamilton and Billups isn't just the best, but it's also the most consistent year to year and usually game to game there is in the league right now, plus they're the most experienced. They keep detroit in a lot of games they have no business being in.

One way or another, through D or stats, or hustle plays, the Detroit backcourt finds a way to compete.

They are the champs of this argument (if you watch basketball they should be to you as well, because few if any come close to comparing).

ScoopyMcScoop
*yawn* stats never lie no matter how you see it on tv especially if your talking about the backcourt of the nba J Kidd Carter backcourt had most triple doubles in the league lead the league in rebounds assists and Kidds D is far superior then Billups and hamilton together. Also This isnt even Hamiltons best year of his career last year was While Carter and Kidd both had Career Years. Kidd-13/8/9 no one has done that since Magic, but you can continue to deny this and just go from what you see
shooks20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 shooks20
Member since 2005 • 1943 Posts
No question, Chauncey and Rip
ScoopyMcScoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ScoopyMcScoop
Member since 2005 • 1191 Posts

Notice your last point was centered on Kidd and Kidd alone ;). You people do this to yourself with your half-arse arguments ;). Just like how you kinda only finished with HALF of the equation lol.

Stats can be misleading if you look at them out of context, and that is the case with those two guys. How many rings have those guys won? How many playoff games have they taken over? How many finals games have the Nets been to lately? You can throw your triple double stats around all day baby, believe me, I know them, I'm not short on the numbers, but I am long on the "I actually watch" kind of info, and I can tell you confidently, that I feel Chauncey and Hamilton are the better duo.

Maybe in a different time on a different year if you'd have united Carter and Kidd they woulda been the answer, but they aren't now, and that, much like the hokey pokey, is what this question is all about. Kidd doesn't play anywhere near the kinda D you act like he does, and he actually said in an interview once that his team lets him get some of the rebounds (you can tell that was one of those statements that someone might make to appear joking but that's actually truthful).

Hamilton and Chauncey have been together too long, they're too cohesive, too big in the crunch, have won too many playoff games, and are just quite simply, to someone who watches the game, better than Carter and Kidd. Like I said, maybe in another setting, with more experience together, in a different era, Kidd and Carter would get my selection, but not here, not now, not with Detroit about to make its 5th consecutive Eastern Conference Championship series. How's that for a stat the MEANS something big guy!

tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tryfe_lyn

So what about:

Kirk Hinrich & Ben Gordon (before he started coming off the bench)

Tony Parker & Manu Ginobli (before he started coming off the bench)

Steve Nash & Raja Bell

These guys don't get any love???  When the baby bulls are on, Hinrich and Gordon are the reason why they're going...unfortunetly they are also the reason why they're losing right now as well.  I never really liked the San Antonio backcourt, but those guys know how to get it done in the clutch for some reason...and The Suns backcourt plays no defense at all...but they are really exciting to watch!!!  Who needs defense when you can run everybody out of the gym???  The Warriors are exciting...but their reckless style of Run-N-Gun is going to catch up wit em as shown in the past two games...they don't run plays and they cannot close out a game when needed (unless you have no heart like Dirk Nowitzki).  In terms of excitement, I'd have to give it to Baron Davis/Jason Richardson and Steve Nash/anybody on the Suns...in terms of overall it's a toss up between Parker/Ginobli and Billups/Hamilton...and somehow I have a feeling that may be the matchup to win this year's title!!!

tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tryfe_lyn

It's not even close, Kidd and Carter is the best there isNgamer05

Oh...and Kidd and Carter have had good regular seasons...but they are about to get swept out of the playoffs by Bron Bron and his Cavs!!!

beachball417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 beachball417
Member since 2004 • 185 Posts

I agree with the OP.  It's a tough call between Detroit's and Golden State's backcourts.  The Net's and Spur's  are pretty close as well, but still not as good as the 1st 2.

tmac200913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tmac200913
Member since 2006 • 16647 Posts

DUDES!? Billups and Hamilton. They can not only score but they can play some mean defense.Knowledge33

DUDE!?

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
[QUOTE="ScoopyMcScoop"]

Anyone who says Hamiltons D is bad doesn't watch. That's an argument I've seen around ESPN from time to time and it's an argument that if you actually watch people critique those who say it and the conversations that go on around it, tend to not go in favor of the "rip players garbage d" direction.

Hamilton and Billups isn't just the best, but it's also the most consistent year to year and usually game to game there is in the league right now, plus they're the most experienced. They keep detroit in a lot of games they have no business being in.

NetYankEagle

*yawn* stats never lie no matter how you see it on tv especially if your talking about the backcourt of the nba J Kidd Carter backcourt had most triple doubles in the league lead the league in rebounds assists and Kidds D is far superior then Billups and hamilton together. Also This isnt even Hamiltons best year of his career last year was While Carter and Kidd both had Career Years. Kidd-13/8/9 no one has done that since Magic, but you can continue to deny this and just go from what you see

They are so good...that's why they are getting their @$$ handed to them by Lebron and the Cavs...Stats aren't everything. Rip and Billups are the best because they win and they play defense 

proteKYFM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 proteKYFM
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts
The Nets' Kidd and Carter though I agree, Carter NEEDS to be more consistent.
The_Zoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_Zoid
Member since 2006 • 59984 Posts
I would say the Pistons.