Baseball Season..

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

punisher7801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 punisher7801
Member since 2006 • 140 Posts

Who in your opinion, will come out of the extremly "talented" National League to represent in the World Series??

p.s  only five days till pitchers and catchers report  :D

Spawn--619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Spawn--619
Member since 2006 • 319 Posts
either Mets or Cardinals maybe...cant think of any other teams at the moment....
Blu_Falcon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Blu_Falcon37
Member since 2006 • 4041 Posts

The Cardinals of course

cobb45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 cobb45
Member since 2004 • 1179 Posts
the Phillies
KaptainKorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KaptainKorn
Member since 2005 • 673 Posts
Probably the Mets. I'm just hoping my Pirates can make it above .500 this year, or for once this decade for that matter.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#6 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
either Mets or Cardinals maybe...cant think of any other teams at the moment.... Spawn--619

With just going off of last season I will have to say the Mets. The Cards are always solid but I think the Mets will really be gelled and ready to take the NL by storm (oh, and I'm a SF Giants fan if anybody was wondering).
badaboom187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 badaboom187
Member since 2005 • 6917 Posts
I will always believe in my SF Giants.
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
I will always believe in my SF Giants.badaboom187

:lol:
TarnishedSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TarnishedSoul
Member since 2002 • 12151 Posts
Cubs
kingrich06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 110

#10 kingrich06
Member since 2006 • 5403 Posts
Cubs looks like they spent enough to win
tmac200913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 tmac200913
Member since 2006 • 16647 Posts

The Cardinals of course

Blu_Falcon37

ur damn right

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
the Atlanta Braves will represent the NL this year :)
radnasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 radnasty
Member since 2004 • 340 Posts
I think the NL is wide open. That said, I like the Phillies to win the East (who are you people that think the Braves will win it? Crazies), The Cubs will win the Central, and the Padres will win the West. So, I'll take the Phils to make it to the Series.
elmetfano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 elmetfano
Member since 2006 • 4122 Posts

My main Mets.  i h8 the phillies Ryan howard(strong guy)+ citizens bank park (small ballpark)= BAM

gamelord2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamelord2004
Member since 2004 • 1448 Posts
the Atlanta Braves will represent the NL this year :)Ngamer05
Agreed. The braves have a much improved bullpen with the additions of soriano and gonzalez, the young players will continue to improve. Hampton is back in the rotation after tommy john surgery, and bobby cox is a genius.
bstarter29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 bstarter29
Member since 2006 • 2339 Posts

[QUOTE="Ngamer05"]the Atlanta Braves will represent the NL this year :)gamelord2004
Agreed. The braves have a much improved bullpen with the additions of soriano and gonzalez, the young players will continue to improve. Hampton is back in the rotation after tommy john surgery, and bobby cox is a genius.

Oh yeah!

Go Braves!!!

GamerMan97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GamerMan97
Member since 2006 • 6363 Posts
go Red Sox! :)
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
go Red Sox! :)GamerMan97

Didn't read what the TC said, did you?
GamerMan97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GamerMan97
[QUOTE="GamerMan97"]go Red Sox! :)Rhazakna

yea i did. oh well, i dont care.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
I think the NL is wide open. That said, I like the Phillies to win the East (who are you people that think the Braves will win it? Crazies), The Cubs will win the Central, and the Padres will win the West. So, I'll take the Phils to make it to the Series.radnasty

Yeah Crazies, the Cubs and Phillies haven't won in a long time but the Atlanta "14 Straight Division Titles" Braves miss the playoffs one season and all off the sudden it's "crazy" to pick them. The Braves have improve their bullpen greatly and are healthy again, so STFU.
punisher7801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 punisher7801
I dont get the feeling that the Cubs can win..Yeah they did spend the money, but do they have enough pitching..Prior is still there but its the same story every season, hopefully this will be the year for Prior and on the D.L he goes..Can Ryan Dempster hold down the closer situation or will they panic and go to Kerry Wood??The Brewers are the darkhorse in the central with strong pitching and healthy young hitting..Cardinals hurting in their starting rotation, Mulder doesnt seem to be able to pitch until mid season..Mets, DBacks and Dodgers are the stronger teams in the NL..Mets definitely need to get an ace in that rotation, not sure if Glavine and El Duque are going to last.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#22 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
I could see this years surprise team being the Reds, especially if the Cards dont dominate the central and I just dont see the Cubs winning the division either. the East will go the Mets or Phillies.
S0DA_POPINSKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 S0DA_POPINSKI
Member since 2006 • 1582 Posts
[QUOTE="Rhazakna"][QUOTE="GamerMan97"]go Red Sox! :)GamerMan97

Just to be "that guy", Go YANKEES!! And Johnny D. :P
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ngamer05
[QUOTE="mrgab"]I could see this years surprise team being the Reds, especially if the Cards dont dominate the central and I just dont see the Cubs winning the division either. the East will go the Mets or Phillies.

I love how fans will continually count out the Braves at the beginning of the season. The only thing that has held them back (especially last year) was injuries and a legit closer. With our bullpen in place, the only thing I'm really concerned about is Chipper's health. If he can give the Braves 140+ games next season, Atlanta will win the Eastern division.

Avatar image for XxSilversteinxX
XxSilversteinxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 XxSilversteinxX
Member since 2006 • 61 Posts
OMFG.. i wanna suck ur moms **** :O!
zeldafan00013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 zeldafan00013
Member since 2004 • 6575 Posts
extremely talented, lol. Only good teams the NL has are the METS and the CARDINALS and hopefully the CUBS. Now the AL is where the true talent is, NEW YORK YANKEES, BOSTON REDSOXS, DETROIT TIGERS = MY TEAM = Best Pitching rotation in the game in my opinion = me havin an 81 game package this year. Chicago, we just have a much better league, the NL used to be strong just aint as good as it once was. The down fall of teams such as San Fran, Chicago, Florida just hurts to much.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mrgab
[QUOTE="Ngamer05"][QUOTE="mrgab"]I could see this years surprise team being the Reds, especially if the Cards dont dominate the central and I just dont see the Cubs winning the division either. the East will go the Mets or Phillies.

I love how fans will continually count out the Braves at the beginning of the season. The only thing that has held them back (especially last year) was injuries and a legit closer. With our bullpen in place, the only thing I'm really concerned about is Chipper's health. If he can give the Braves 140+ games next season, Atlanta will win the Eastern division.

because they werent good last year and they will be bad again this season. Braves will finish in 4th behind Marlins, Mets and Phils.
GamerMan97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GamerMan97
[QUOTE="GamerMan97"][QUOTE="Rhazakna"][QUOTE="GamerMan97"]go Red Sox! :)S0DA_POPINSKI

Just to be "that guy", Go YANKEES!! And Johnny D. :P

damn you! i really liked Damon, i wish he was still with the Red Sox.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
Braves, Cardinals, or Mets. No one else has enough depth to do any good.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ngamer05
[QUOTE="mrgab"][QUOTE="Ngamer05"][QUOTE="mrgab"]I could see this years surprise team being the Reds, especially if the Cards dont dominate the central and I just dont see the Cubs winning the division either. the East will go the Mets or Phillies.

because they werent good last year and they will be bad again this season. Braves will finish in 4th behind Marlins, Mets and Phils.

Arrogant, arem't ya?

You think the Mets will finish ahead of the Braves with a rotation that looks like this? :
1.) Glavine 2.) El Duca :lol: 3.) Maine 4.) Perez :lol: 5.) Pelfrey :lol:

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ngamer05
Braves, Cardinals, or Mets. No one else has enough depth to do any good.UssjTrunks

Personally, I like the Braves, Cards, and the Dodgers to win each of their respective divisions and the Phillies to grab the wild card.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]Braves, Cardinals, or Mets. No one else has enough depth to do any good.Ngamer05

Personally, I like the Braves, Cards, and the Dodgers to win each of their respective divisions and the Phillies to grab the wild card.

It's very possible. The Mets are in some serious pitching trouble, we'll see if the offence can bail them out this season.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ngamer05
[QUOTE="Ngamer05"][QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]Braves, Cardinals, or Mets. No one else has enough depth to do any good.UssjTrunks

It's very possible. The Mets are in some serious pitching trouble, we'll see if the offence can bail them out this season.

I think this year will not be as easy for them as it was last season. The Mets didn't have a decent rotation last year neither, but they also had a pretty solid bullpen to go with it. This offseason, they lost some key pitchers that I think will hurt them in '07. I also, don't believe Alou is that much of an improvement from last year's LFer ecept that he can hit lefties.
EmoPWNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 EmoPWNS
Member since 2006 • 703 Posts
Lol why does everyone think the Cardinals are such a powerhouse?  They finished over .500 by only 5 games and are dubbed the worst world series champions ever.  They would have finished third if they were in the east or west.
gamelord2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gamelord2004
The mets won't win the east because pedro will continue to have injury pronlems and Glavine is another year older.
punisher7801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 punisher7801
The Mets offense will help carry them to the division title, however we all know that pitching wins championships, and that's where the Mets will falter..However with Minaya as their GM, i dont see them going into august and september without making a trade for an ace..A mistake for the Mets is to wait and count on Pedro to help solidify their staff..The Cardinals to not impress aside from Carpenter and Albert..When Braden Looper is challenging for a rotations spot, it makes me realize that staff is very weak..This may sound crazy but a healthy Milwaukee Brewers team can challenge and possibly take that division..The Cubs offense looks impressive, however their staff looks weak, considering Prior makes his annual visit to the DL, Kerry is now in the bullpen, they overpaid for Lilly, who is a flyball pitcher in Wrigley Field..Hill is young, and may have his ups and downs..The truly have an ace in Zambrano, and last I heard they are still back and forth with arbitration figures..
gamelord2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gamelord2004
[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]Braves, Cardinals, or Mets. No one else has enough depth to do any good.Ngamer05

GO BRAVES  *grabs random tomahawk and starts waving it around*  I seriously have a foam tomahawk in my room from a braves game.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mrgab
[QUOTE="Ngamer05"][QUOTE="mrgab"][QUOTE="Ngamer05"][QUOTE="mrgab"]I could see this years surprise team being the Reds, especially if the Cards dont dominate the central and I just dont see the Cubs winning the division either. the East will go the Mets or Phillies.

Arrogant, arem't ya?

You think the Mets will finish ahead of the Braves with a rotation that looks like this? :

Typical arrogant Braves fan you mean. Smolt = Glavine - old and not as strong as used to be, Hudson = Hernandez- hudson was overused in oakland and on the downside of his career. Maine = James- young, had good years but unproven, Davies makes Perez look good, Hampton has missed the last season and half so would take anyone over him. Mets offense > Braves offense, pitching is equal, bullpen changes from season to season. Advantage Mets over Braves without a doubt.
gamelord2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gamelord2004
[QUOTE="mrgab"][QUOTE="Ngamer05"][QUOTE="mrgab"][QUOTE="Ngamer05"][QUOTE="mrgab"]I could see this years surprise team being the Reds, especially if the Cards dont dominate the central and I just dont see the Cubs winning the division either. the East will go the Mets or Phillies.

I love how fans will continually count out the Braves at the beginning of the season. The only thing that has held them back (especially last year) was injuries and a legit closer. With our bullpen in place, the only thing I'm really concerned about is Chipper's health. If he can give the Braves 140 games next season, Atlanta will win the Eastern division.

Arrogant, arem't ya?

Typical arrogant Braves fan you mean. Smolt = Glavine - old and not as strong as used to be, Hudson = Hernandez- hudson was overused in oakland and on the downside of his career. Maine = James- young, had good years but unproven, Davies makes Perez look good, Hampton has missed the last season and half so would take anyone over him. Mets offense > Braves offense, pitching is equal, bullpen changes from season to season. Advantage Mets over Braves without a doubt.

Smoltz>Glavine. Smoltz would have been a 20 game winner if it wasn't for the bullpen (which is much better than the mets this year) blowing 6 of his would be wins.

Hampton is an easy 16 game winner this year.During a 22-start stretch (right before he was injured), from July 4, 2004-May 14, 2005, Hampton went 15-2 with a 2.61 ERA. Link

James>Maine After joining the rotation in late June, the 25-year-old southpaw went 11-4 with a 3.93 ERA. During his final 12 starts, he was 7-2. He was great late in the season after he got some experience

Braves Bullpen> Mets Bullpen. With the additions of Gonzalez and Soriano, along with Bob Wickman, the braves have 3 legitimate closers which will make sure whoever is pitching in the 9th inning will not be tired and have plenty of rest.

Braves>Mets

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mrgab

Smoltz>Glavine. Smoltz would have been a 20 game winner if it wasn't for the bullpen (which is much better than the mets this year) blowing 6 of his would be wins.

Hampton is an easy 16 game winner this year.During a 22-start stretch (right before he was injured), from July 4, 2004-May 14, 2005, Hampton went 15-2 with a 2.61 ERA. Link

James>Maine After joining the rotation in late June, the 25-year-old southpaw went 11-4 with a 3.93 ERA. During his final 12 starts, he was 7-2. He was great late in the season after he got some experience

Braves Bullpen> Mets Bullpen. With the additions of Gonzalez and Soriano, along with Bob Wickman, the braves have 3 legitimate closers which will make sure whoever is pitching in the 9th inning will not be tired and have plenty of rest.

Braves>Mets

gamelord2004

Smoltz 16 wins, Glavine 15, both ERAs in the 3's. Ummm basically equal.

Hampton missed a season and half, you really think he's just going to come back and dominate? :lol: Highly doubt at the age of 34 he will return to form after that injury.

James are basically same as Maine, just that James had more starts, 3.60 ERA in 15 Starts(16 games), 90 IP, 70 SO, 33BB, 69 Hits

Also overall bullpens vary from year to year, one year guy in pen comes from nowhere to dominate and stinks the next, and vice versa. Wagner and Wickman, both old and effective.

Heilman and Sanchez vs Gonzales and Sorinao will go equal. Then add in Feliciano(2.09 ERA) compared to Braves Cormier(4.89) and Sturtze(7.89 and missed most of last year)

You know what, this is going nowhere until the season is actually played. Still see the division being won probaly by the Phillies, Mets and Marlins battling for second, Braves in 4th, and a rare mention of the Nationals for last.

bookmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bookmeister
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts
Well Ryan Dempster isnt a lock for the Closers Spot on the North Side.
nobodyshero87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nobodyshero87
Member since 2006 • 22210 Posts
well I stand by my Braves.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ngamer05

[QUOTE="gamelord2004"]

Braves>Mets

mrgab

Hampton missed a season and half, you really think he's just going to come back and dominate? :lol: Highly doubt at the age of 34 he will return to form after that injury.

James are basically same as Maine, just that James had more starts, 3.60 ERA in 15 Starts(16 games), 90 IP, 70 SO, 33BB, 69 Hits

Also overall bullpens vary from year to year, one year guy in pen comes from nowhere to dominate and stinks the next, and vice versa. Wagner and Wickman, both old and effective.

Heilman and Sanchez vs Gonzales and Sorinao will go equal. Then add in Feliciano(2.09 ERA) compared to Braves Cormier(4.89) and Sturtze(7.89 and missed most of last year)

You know what, this is going nowhere until the season is actually played. Still see the division being won probaly by the Phillies, Mets and Marlins battling for second, Braves in 4th, and a rare mention of the Nationals for last.

Arrrogant and now dillusional?

I mean you got to be kidding me to think Glavine and Smoltz are on the same level. Smoltz is an ace, Glavine is not. Hampton will return in full strength, so I highly doubt he will not be his old self after 3-5 starts.

Now, the bullpen is what makes the Braves even better. How are you going to compare Sturtze and Cormier to Feliciano? Sturtze won't be able to pitch until late May and Cormier will be in the minors for the majority of the season. This is the better comparison, outside the closers: Soriano, Gonzalez, and Villarreal versus Sanchez, Feliciano, and Heilman. I think thats pretty even as far as talent goes, but I'd give a slight nod to the Brave's three.

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nickdastick
[QUOTE="mrgab"]

[QUOTE="gamelord2004"]

Braves>Mets

Ngamer05

James are basically same as Maine, just that James had more starts, 3.60 ERA in 15 Starts(16 games), 90 IP, 70 SO, 33BB, 69 Hits

I mean you got to be kidding me to think Glavine and Smoltz are on the same level. Smoltz is an ace, Glavine is not. Hampton will return in full strength, so I highly doubt he will not be his old self after 3-5 starts.

Now, the bullpen is what makes the Braves even better. How are you going to compare Sturtze and Cormier to Feliciano? Sturtze won't be able to pitch until late May and Cormier will be in the minors for the majority of the season. This is the better comparison, outside the closers: Soriano, Gonzalez, and Villarreal versus Sanchez, Feliciano, and Heilman. I think thats pretty even as far as talent goes, but I'd give a slight nod to the Brave's three.

You're right, Glavine and Smoltz aren't on the same level. Glavine is about to get his 300th win this year and torched the Cards in the NLCS who went on to win the World Series! I like Smoltz but Glavine is still the man! He showed that in a big way by dominating the Cards on the second biggest stage! Where was Smoltz then? Oh yeah, watching at home!
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nickdastick
extremely talented, lol. Only good teams the NL has are the METS and the CARDINALS and hopefully the CUBS. Now the AL is where the true talent is, NEW YORK YANKEES, BOSTON REDSOXS, DETROIT TIGERS = MY TEAM = Best Pitching rotation in the game in my opinion = me havin an 81 game package this year. Chicago, we just have a much better league, the NL used to be strong just aint as good as it once was. The down fall of teams such as San Fran, Chicago, Florida just hurts to much.zeldafan00013

I do have to say that SF is totally underrated as is the NL West. A big reason the teams are around .500 is because they play each other very well. The Dodgers are a solid team coming into this season as are the Padres and Giants (who happen to be my team!). Plus, the Rockies seem to pull out miracle games against the three teams mentioned before bringing down their records. Don't be surprised when the Dodgers, Giants, or Padres have a playoff berth because of the Wild Card as well as winning the division crown.
I will say the AL does have more good teams in it with one huge one being the LA Angels who you didn't even mention!
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ngamer05

You're right, Glavine and Smoltz aren't on the same level. Glavine is about to get his 300th win this year and torched the Cards in the NLCS who went on to win the World Series! I like Smoltz but Glavine is still the man! He showed that in a big way by dominating the Cards on the second biggest stage! Where was Smoltz then? Oh yeah, watching at home!
nickdastick

:lol: You can't be serious?

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mrgab
[QUOTE="mrgab"]

[QUOTE="gamelord2004"]

Braves>Mets

Ngamer05

LMAO, you make laugh. Arrogant and delusional... you do a great job in describing yourself, dont you. 16 and 15 wins, eras in the 3's, doesnt matter if you only want to put the ace label on smoltz, their stats show that they are equal. And so whats your logic that hampton will return to full strength after missing a year and half from injury? Your delusional gut feeling? You say their bullpens are even with those 3 on each yet than say you give the nod to the braves... Lets pretend they're even talent wise... whos the braves pitching coach and whos the Mets? Advantage Mets in pitching coach and bullpen.
sonic106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sonic106
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts
Anybody but the Mets and their senior citizen pitching staff.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Master_Live

[QUOTE="Ngamer05"][QUOTE="mrgab"]I could see this years surprise team being the Reds, especially if the Cards dont dominate the central and I just dont see the Cubs winning the division either. the East will go the Mets or Phillies.mrgab

Yep, because the Mets where so good before 06' :roll:

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Master_Live

[QUOTE="Ngamer05"][QUOTE="mrgab"][QUOTE="Ngamer05"][QUOTE="mrgab"]I could see this years surprise team being the Reds, especially if the Cards dont dominate the central and I just dont see the Cubs winning the division either. the East will go the Mets or Phillies.mrgab

Arrogant, arem't ya?

Everyone knows that ERA is as overrated as Batting Avg....This aremore telling stats: WHIP 1.19>1.33 and in case you aren't familiar with WHIP(walks +hits per  innings pitched) there is a big difference in just .14, also 3.49>3.82, 232.0>198.0, 211 k's>131, and .251>.267

So lets just say that Smoltz>Glavine and lets leave it at that.