Art Monk robbed again...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WhoShotMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 WhoShotMe
Member since 2002 • 5202 Posts

Nope. He didn't get into the HoF this time. AGAIN.

Perhaps he has to be an ex-con to get in. Maybe he should have had some off-feild troubles and elected to wait two years to make everything seem valid.

Whoever didn't vote for Monk can get broke. I hope they do. To have robbed this man of his right is saddening.

ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#2 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts
things like that is why i think the hof is crap
danthemanxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 danthemanxxx
Member since 2003 • 1069 Posts
I'm not a Redskins fan but Art Monk should be in the HOF!!!!
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#4 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
have to agree with everything the topic creator said
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts

Nope. He didn't get into the HoF this time. AGAIN.

Perhaps he has to be an ex-con to get in. Maybe he should have had some off-feild troubles and elected to wait two years to make everything seem valid.

Whoever didn't vote for Monk can get broke. I hope they do. To have robbed this man of his right is saddening.

WhoShotMe

Only went over 1000 yards 4 out of 15 years.....I think he should get in too but not over Irvin.

cvasquez311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 cvasquez311
Member since 2004 • 962 Posts
Let me restate this in a more constructive un-modable fashion. Michael Irvin is a proven Crackhead and had sex with hookers, which is cited here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Irvin

(doesn't matter if it is from wikipedia because this is COMMON KNOWLEDGE and was all over the news at one point)

His stats when he retired were not better than that of Art Monk. Art Monk was a model citizen. He is STILL 6th overall leading receiver even 12 years after he retired... and MICHAEL IRVIN is ranked 20th ALL TIME now. Thats 14 spots better than Irvin. You know what, for the facts mentioned above Michael Irvin shouldn't even be in the HoF, ESPECIALLY not before Art Monk. This is what makes the HoF a joke, a crackhead reciever gets in before a model citizen with better on-field stats.
PuddleMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PuddleMonkey
Member since 2006 • 412 Posts
Uh, yeah, Monk should be in, so should A Reed. But what about D Thomas?
familyguy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 familyguy77
Member since 2005 • 2238 Posts
Monk should be in over Irvin imo.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Espurs117

Let me restate this in a more constructive un-modable fashion. Michael Irvin is a proven Crackhead and had sex with hookers, which is cited here:

(doesn't matter if it is from wikipedia because this is COMMON KNOWLEDGE and was all over the news at one point)

His stats when he retired were not better than that of Art Monk. Art Monk was a model citizen. He is STILL 6th overall leading receiver even 12 years after he retired... and MICHAEL IRVIN is ranked 20th ALL TIME now. Thats 14 spots better than Irvin. You know what, for the facts mentioned above Michael Irvin shouldn't even be in the HoF, ESPECIALLY not before Art Monk. This is what makes the HoF a joke, a crackhead reciever gets in before a model citizen with better on-field stats.cvasquez311

So should we take out Lawrence Taylor then? Yeah no one talks about him right...

cvasquez311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cvasquez311
yeh, you completely ignore the retiring stats I stated. typical cowboys fan. Irvin being a crackhead just adds to mystery. what? aww too bad these messages are mod friendly. too bad. you should quit now, because everyone on this forum, Bill Parcells, and even MICHAEL IRVIN HIMSELF (see Art Monk HoF tribute video it's on redskins.com) says he should be in the HoF, although I'm sure he just said that just to lobby his own cause of becoming a HoFer, like what a crackhead does. you just lost the argument. yes that much is true.
SilverArmor82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SilverArmor82
Member since 2005 • 1609 Posts

His stats when he retired were not better than that of Art Monk. Art Monk was a model citizen. He is STILL 6th overall leading receiver even 12 years after he retired... and MICHAEL IRVIN is ranked 20th ALL TIME now. Thats 14 spots better than Irvin. You know what, for the facts mentioned above Michael Irvin shouldn't even be in the HoF, ESPECIALLY not before Art Monk. This is what makes the HoF a joke, a crackhead reciever gets in before a model citizen with better on-field stats.cvasquez311
Jordan had a gambling problem for a while and also slept with many women that ultimately ended his marriage. What's your point?
SilverArmor82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SilverArmor82
Member since 2005 • 1609 Posts
yeh, you completely ignore the retiring stats I stated. typical cowboys fan. Irvin being a crackhead just adds to mystery. what? aww too bad these messages are mod friendly. too bad. you should quit now, because everyone on this forum, Bill Parcells, and even MICHAEL IRVIN HIMSELF (see Art Monk HoF tribute video it's on redskins.com) says he should be in the HoF, although I'm sure he just said that just to lobby his own cause of becoming a HoFer, like what a crackhead does. you just lost the argument. yes that much is true.cvasquez311
I'm not a diehard Cowboy's fan but I think Irving deserves it. You just have a vendetta against the Cowboys by your bashing of Cowboy fans and the personal info of Irving you are trying to use against him.
nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#15 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
I think Irvin deserved it but Monk should have gotten in first.
WhoShotMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WhoShotMe

The fact of the matter?

Monk is better than Irvin. Irvin had big plays because he was the only reciever on the Cowboys during their superbowl run.

3KindgomsRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 3KindgomsRandy
Member since 2005 • 15488 Posts

The fact of the matter?

Monk is better than Irvin. Irvin had big plays because he was the only reciever on the Cowboys during their superbowl run.

WhoShotMe

Okay, so Monk played 5 more years, had 800 more yards, and 3 more touchdowns in his career and it took him 190 more catches to do it.  I'm confused.  What part of that makes him better than Irvin.  Irvin was a huge reason why the Cowboys made so many Superbowl runs.

All that being said, I still think he deserves to be in the HOF, but don't take away from Irvin because Monk continues to get shafted.  Lots of guys get shafted year after year, and Monk is just in the middle of the pack of those guys.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts
Monk should have been in the HoF a long time ago.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Espurs117

yeh, you completely ignore the retiring stats I stated. typical cowboys fan. Irvin being a crackhead just adds to mystery. what? aww too bad these messages are mod friendly. too bad. you should quit now, because everyone on this forum, Bill Parcells, and even MICHAEL IRVIN HIMSELF (see Art Monk HoF tribute video it's on redskins.com) says he should be in the HoF, although I'm sure he just said that just to lobby his own cause of becoming a HoFer, like what a crackhead does. you just lost the argument. yes that much is true.cvasquez311

LMAO that was pathetic. I never said anything about the stats....even if Irvin had better stats...every year when he played if he wasent injured due to that cement in Philly then he would of destroyed Monk's stats. All I said was that your calling him out for the drug problems when you have people like LT who was alot worse and no one says anything....you know why? Cuz Irvin was a Cowboy...yeah its that simple.

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Espurs117

[QUOTE="cvasquez311"]Let me restate this in a more constructive un-modable fashion. Michael Irvin is a proven Crackhead and had sex with hookers, which is cited here:

His stats when he retired were not better than that of Art Monk. Art Monk was a model citizen. He is STILL 6th overall leading receiver even 12 years after he retired... and MICHAEL IRVIN is ranked 20th ALL TIME now. Thats 14 spots better than Irvin. You know what, for the facts mentioned above Michael Irvin shouldn't even be in the HoF, ESPECIALLY not before Art Monk. This is what makes the HoF a joke, a crackhead reciever gets in before a model citizen with better on-field stats.SilverArmor82
Jordan had a gambling problem for a while and also slept with many women that ultimately ended his marriage. What's your point?

He doesn't have one.

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Espurs117
[QUOTE="WhoShotMe"]

The fact of the matter?

3KindgomsRandy

Okay, so Monk played 5 more years, had 800 more yards, and 3 more touchdowns in his career and it took him 190 more catches to do it.  I'm confused.  What part of that makes him better than Irvin.  Irvin was a huge reason why the Cowboys made so many Superbowl runs.

All that being said, I still think he deserves to be in the HOF, but don't take away from Irvin because Monk continues to get shafted.  Lots of guys get shafted year after year, and Monk is just in the middle of the pack of those guys.

Excatly what im saying.

cvasquez311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cvasquez311

[QUOTE="SilverArmor82"][QUOTE="cvasquez311"]Let me restate this in a more constructive un-modable fashion. Michael Irvin is a proven Crackhead and had sex with hookers, which is cited here:

His stats when he retired were not better than that of Art Monk. Art Monk was a model citizen. He is STILL 6th overall leading receiver even 12 years after he retired... and MICHAEL IRVIN is ranked 20th ALL TIME now. Thats 14 spots better than Irvin. You know what, for the facts mentioned above Michael Irvin shouldn't even be in the HoF, ESPECIALLY not before Art Monk. This is what makes the HoF a joke, a crackhead reciever gets in before a model citizen with better on-field stats.Espurs117

He doesn't have one.

[QUOTE="cvasquez311"]yeh, you completely ignore the retiring stats I stated. typical cowboys fan. Irvin being a crackhead just adds to mystery. what? aww too bad these messages are mod friendly. too bad. you should quit now, because everyone on this forum, Bill Parcells, and even MICHAEL IRVIN HIMSELF (see Art Monk HoF tribute video it's on redskins.com) says he should be in the HoF, although I'm sure he just said that just to lobby his own cause of becoming a HoFer, like what a crackhead does. you just lost the argument. yes that much is true.Espurs117

LMAO that was pathetic. I never said anything about the stats....even if Irvin had better stats...every year when he played if he wasent injured due to that cement in Philly then he would of destroyed Monk's stats. All I said was that your calling him out for the drug problems when you have people like LT who was alot worse and no one says anything....you know why? Cuz Irvin was a Cowboy...yeah its that simple.

first off I don't have time to come back to an already done and stated posted message and re-read bs of a statement that has already been won. the fact you keep coming back keep re-posting something to the likes of "psshaww I'm not talking about the stats or the fact art monk is still much higher on the all-time reciever list so let me try and backfire everything based on the fact you mentioned he was a crackhead and so was lawrence taylor but look he's in teh HoF." just means i'm getting under your skin. And what, you think Art Monk NEVER got injured too? hey Art monk was injured 3-4 of his 16 years, even during the theissman super bowl run (only during the playoffs and eventual SB). What if he didn't get injured? wouldn't his stats COMPLETELY DESTROY Irvins? So the same thing can be said about Monk. Wow that just blew back up in your face. And to 3KindgomsRandy who said Irvin was the reason Cowboys have 3 super bowl rings during his time, same thing said about Monk, he's got 3 rings too and had quite a bit of a hand in getting them to the SB as well. Add in the fact he's 6th in all-time recieving while irvin is quite a ways down the list... I don't get your point. facts are facts and stats don't lie. He's not just one person in a pack of people getting shafted each year for the HoF, he's STILL 6th all time (AND 1st overall WHEN HE RETIRED) RECIEVER, we are not talking about other positions. thats 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 recievers with better overall stats, and IRVIN IS NOT ONE OF THEM.
cvasquez311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cvasquez311
oh and further research shows i was wrong in my post above... Art Monk is not 6th all time in receiving, he is still 5TH OVERALL STILL! which makes my statement above even more valid. my apologies.
jeebuscrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jeebuscrust
Member since 2004 • 5571 Posts
You get elected because of the way you played, not because of what you do when you're not playing. Irvin deserves that spot over Monk but Monk should be in the HOF.
raghavan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 raghavan
Member since 2003 • 3416 Posts

You get elected because of the way you played, not because of what you do when you're not playing. Irvin deserves that spot over Monk but Monk should be in the HOF.jeebuscrust

Exactly. I believe the HOF voters dont take off the field issues into account when voting.

I think monk wont make it in for a while. The next 3 WRs that are locks

Cris Carter

Tim Brown

Jerry Rice

Looks like monk is gona have to wait a while.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mrgab
You get elected because of the way you played, not because of what you do when you're not playing. Irvin deserves that spot over Monk but Monk should be in the HOF.jeebuscrust
Unless its baseball with Pete Rose and others.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Espurs117
[QUOTE="Espurs117"]

[QUOTE="SilverArmor82"][QUOTE="cvasquez311"]Let me restate this in a more constructive un-modable fashion. Michael Irvin is a proven Crackhead and had sex with hookers, which is cited here:

He doesn't have one.

[QUOTE="cvasquez311"]yeh, you completely ignore the retiring stats I stated. typical cowboys fan. Irvin being a crackhead just adds to mystery. what? aww too bad these messages are mod friendly. too bad. you should quit now, because everyone on this forum, Bill Parcells, and even MICHAEL IRVIN HIMSELF (see Art Monk HoF tribute video it's on redskins.com) says he should be in the HoF, although I'm sure he just said that just to lobby his own cause of becoming a HoFer, like what a crackhead does. you just lost the argument. yes that much is true.Espurs117

first off I don't have time to come back to an already done and stated posted message and re-read bs of a statement that has already been won. the fact you keep coming back keep re-posting something to the likes of "psshaww I'm not talking about the stats or the fact art monk is still much higher on the all-time reciever list so let me try and backfire everything based on the fact you mentioned he was a crackhead and so was lawrence taylor but look he's in teh HoF." just means i'm getting under your skin. And what, you think Art Monk NEVER got injured too? hey Art monk was injured 3-4 of his 16 years, even during the theissman super bowl run (only during the playoffs and eventual SB). What if he didn't get injured? wouldn't his stats COMPLETELY DESTROY Irvins? So the same thing can be said about Monk. Wow that just blew back up in your face. And to 3KindgomsRandy who said Irvin was the reason Cowboys have 3 super bowl rings during his time, same thing said about Monk, he's got 3 rings too and had quite a bit of a hand in getting them to the SB as well. Add in the fact he's 6th in all-time recieving while irvin is quite a ways down the list... I don't get your point. facts are facts and stats don't lie. He's not just one person in a pack of people getting shafted each year for the HoF, he's STILL 6th all time (AND 1st overall WHEN HE RETIRED) RECIEVER, we are not talking about other positions. thats 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 recievers with better overall stats, and IRVIN IS NOT ONE OF THEM.

You wanna talk stats and injuries? Okay fine.

Monk's stats on seasons he played 16 games and one where he played 15.
94 - 581 yds 3 tds
93 - 398 yds 2 tds
92 - 644 yds 3 tds
91 - 1049 yds 8 tds
90 - 770 yds 5 tds
89 - 1186 yds 8 tds
88 - 946 yds 5 tds
86 - 1068 yds 4 tds
85 - 1226 yds 2 tds (15)
84 - 1372 yds 7 tds
81 - 894 yds 6 tds
80 - 797 yds 3 tds

Thats 5 1000 yard seasons with out of 12 with 16 games played.

Micheal Irvin seasons with 16 games and 1 were he played 14.

98 - 1057 yds 1 td
97 - 1180 yds 9 tds
96 - 962 yds 2 tds
95 - 1603 yds 10 tds
94 - 1241 yds 6 tds
93 - 1330 yds 7 tds
92 - 1396 yds 7 tds
91 - 1523 yds 8 tds
88 - 654 yds 5 tds (14 games)

Thats 7 1000 yard seasons out of 9 seasons with 16 games played

Okay now that those speak for themselves lets talk about what you said. Monk had injury seasons and if he didnt then he would of owned Irvins stats...hmm hey guess what so did Irvin.

Irvin missed games

1988 - 2 games
1989 - 10 games
1996 - 5 games
1999 - 12 games (career ending)

= 29 missed games

Art Monk missed games

1982 - 7 games
1983 - 4 games
1985 - 1 game
1987 - 7 games
1995 - 13 games

= 32 missed games.

Oh wow big difference a whole 3 games more! Your right he would of owned Irvins stats in 5 games.

Okay feel owned yet? Cuz I aint done.

Total games played

12,721 yds 68 total tds in 224 games
11,904 yds 65 total tds in 159 games

Okay The difference is 817 yds and 3 tds.

Monk played 35 more games, and your saying irvin wouldlnt of gotten that in 35 games? Yuuuup I sure got owned. Also if you wanna bring up the fact that he had a better qb in Aikman over whoever the hell was throwing to Monk then okay add it, but I will just add the fact that he was sharing the ball with the NFL's career leading rusher and the guy that has the most rushing attempts ever! Irvin's career fell short due to injury if not he would of shattered Monk's stats...and he basically almost did.

Oh yeah one more thing. Irvins average yard per catch was 15.9 and Monk's was 13.5 But yeah your right Monk totally should of got in over Irvin.

Stats talk enough for ya? Sad that it had to come to this, cuz I did say I think Monk deserved to go to the HOF, just not over Irvin.

In conclusion Irvin>Monk

WhoShotMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 WhoShotMe

Like I said earlier...

Irvin was the only reciever worthy of throwing the ball to in Dallas' Superbowl Runs.

Art Monk had Gary Clark and Ricky Sanders.

Hell, If I were the only worthwhile reciever on my high school team, I wouldn't be surprised to have a billion more yards than a better reciever (who has others to compliment him).

It's ironic that the NFL is so concerned with it's image and yet here we sit, DEBATING whether one of the most unassuming role models to ever step on to an NFL football field is worthy of induction. Never mind that his statistics alone should be enough. Art Monk seems to be the only receiver ever up for induction that has to pass as the 'greatest' in multiple categories to justify his selection. Oh, and incidentally, there is not a receiver presently enshrined that has more career receptions than Monk does -- none.

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Espurs117

Like I said earlier...

Irvin was the only reciever worthy of throwing the ball to in Dallas' Superbowl Runs.

Hell, If I were the only worthwhile reciever on my high school team, I wouldn't be surprised to have a billion more yards than a better reciever (who has others to compliment him).

It's ironic that the NFL is so concerned with it's image and yet here we sit, DEBATING whether one of the most unassuming role models to ever step on to an NFL football field is worthy of induction. Never mind that his statistics alone should be enough. Art Monk seems to be the only receiver ever up for induction that has to pass as the 'greatest' in multiple categories to justify his selection. Oh, and incidentally, there is not a receiver presently enshrined that has more career receptions than Monk does -- none.

WhoShotMe

Uhh Dallas had Alvin Harper and he was a great 2nd receiver, Irvin made him looked so good that we got a 1st rounder from TB for him and he flopped hardcore in TB. Not to mention we had a pro bowl TE too, so Irvin had to share the ball alot.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mrgab
[QUOTE="WhoShotMe"]

Like I said earlier...

Espurs117

Uhh Dallas had Alvin Harper and he was a great 2nd receiver, Irvin made him looked so good that we got a 1st rounder from TB for him and he flopped hardcore in TB. Not to mention we had a pro bowl TE too, so Irvin had to share the ball alot.

Ah Novacek(spelling) - IMO he was the best receiver as a TE on that team. Always believe in order to win, you need a good TE.