Are the OKC Thunder and KD better off w/o Westbrook?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

Poll Are the OKC Thunder and KD better off w/o Westbrook? (10 votes)

Yes, KD's scoring efficiency is at its highest w/o Westbrook. 10%
No, Westbrook makes the Thunder a better team with his speed and determination. 50%
Yes, Westbrook plays a little loose at times and doesn't get the ball to Durant. 10%
No, Westbrook takes pressure off KD, being the only other player able to "get his own shot." 20%
Who cares? I hate the Thunder. I got my team and could care less about their roster. 10%
Who cares? I generally dislike the NBA or basketball. 0%

Hello sports' world. I'm a huge Thunder fan being as I grew up here and they were Oklahoma's first professional sports' team. They have came a long way in a short time IMO but there is always been some outside speculation that Kd and the Thunder could be better off without Westbrook. Kevin Durant (KD) has had some insane statistics as of late is an easy front runner for MVP.I'm actually for Westbrook staying. There is no denying he an elite point guard and his ability to create is own shot and put pressure on the defense is almost unmatched.

The pressure of winning an NBA championship is intense and failure to do so will bring speculation into theory and so on. So if they can't close the door on one do they consider trading Westbrook or possibly others? So what will it be?

• 
Avatar image for cynical_buzzard
Cynical_Buzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 Cynical_Buzzard
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

I think Westbrook helps the Thunder definitely since he seems to be maturing.

RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 RevanBITW
Member since 2013 • 739 Posts

With Westbrook they made it to the Finals, without him they lost to the Grizzlies. Why is this even a discussion???

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I think they are definitely better with Westbrook, but let's say it's Heat and Thunder in Finals. The Heat seem to own OKC with Westbrook in the lineup. Heat got blown out when Westbrook was injured earlier this year. He comes back and OKC gets blown out.

This is just against one team though and my own personal observation.

RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RevanBITW
Member since 2013 • 739 Posts

@yokofox33 said:

I think they are definitely better with Westbrook, but let's say it's Heat and Thunder in Finals. The Heat seem to own OKC with Westbrook in the lineup. Heat got blown out when Westbrook was injured earlier this year. He comes back and OKC gets blown out.

This is just against one team though and my own personal observation.

No player comes back from an injury game 1 at 100%, and Durant didn't play well either.

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 udUbdaWgz1
Member since 2014 • 633 Posts

not even close

Avatar image for Braun_Roid_Rage
Braun_Roid_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Braun_Roid_Rage
Member since 2013 • 790 Posts

Damn, what a dumb ass question. Hell no brah.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

Damn, what a dumb ass question. Hell no brah.

I know it's dumb but it's surprisingly a huge local debate.

Blackhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Blackhorn7
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Let me ENTERTAIN YOU....

A QUESTION for "THE" QUESTION: Was Michael Jordan better withoutDennis Rodman????

Better check-in with Professor and HIS WayBack Machine....

Professor says Wilt Chamberlain is the #1 REBOUNDER of ALL TIME,Dennis "The Worm" Rodman wasn't 7'-0.... hummmm maybe 6'-10????

BUT DENNIS RODMAN "IS" #2 REBOUNDER of ALL TIME.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

westbrook isnt really a true point. once people realize this, then there would be no big deal. not every team can have chris paul/jason kidd type of pg

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts

That team is going places, but if Westbrook leaves they won't go anywhere. They're so young, breaking them up now would be stupid.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

What did everyone think about that beat down that Chris Paul (mostly) and the Clippers put on the Thunder? :/

kenoalief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kenoalief
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I think the appropriate question is; is Westbrook better off without the Thunder?

Westbrooks needs his own team, and soon. Make him the number one option on a decent team and look out league.

He makes some bonehead plays sometimes but I think it's pretty obvious Thunder needs him, not the other way around.

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts

This reminds me of White chocolate and Webber duo back in the late 90's early 00's. Would the Thunder improve if they traded Westbrook for a PG that is more stable? Westbrook is obviously incredibly talented.. much like Williams when he was with the Kings but Westbrook is a much better player. Westbrook turns the ball over.. a lot. and his shot selection is terrible. Williams was the same way with the Kings.

If im the Thunder, I would look to see what I could get for Westbrook, I would want more stability and build the team around Durant.And I would build up that horrible bench. Reggie Jackson with the second unit would be a good start and replace him with a defensive minded guard in the starting lineup.

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By -Blasphemy-
Member since 2005 • 3369 Posts

durant fucked up big time in game 6 with all those damn turnovers. westbrook saved their ass in game 4. dont understand the logic of building a team around westbrook when he already has a great team. to say westbrook does not need the thunder is dumb imo noone has every won an nba championship by themselves.

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts

I've changed my mind. Westbrook isn't helping Durant be the super star he should be. He always has to be up there with Durant so it doesn't help the team.