Anyone disappointed about Melo...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
not being in the All-star game.
Before the Season started I felt he should be in, but as the season progressed I just didn't care if he made it or not.
Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts
I don't think he should be in the All-Star game. Not after the way he behaved when that fight broke out between Denver and New York..
rocket9434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rocket9434
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts
Well yeah I think he should have been in the All-star game stat wise, but because of what he did at the Knicks game this kind serves as his punishment.
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
I could care less if he isnt in the all star game this year, the guy got what he deserved after that fight with the Knicks this year when he tried to be a little punk and get a cheap shot in and then ran off after like a little girl
nivet14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nivet14
Member since 2006 • 5329 Posts
He deserved that. That was a sucker punch he through in the Knicks game.
TheAbstrakt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 TheAbstrakt
Member since 2006 • 1736 Posts
I could care less if he isnt in the all star game this year, the guy got what he deserved after that fight with the Knicks this year when he tried to be a little punk and get a cheap shot in and then ran off after like a little girl
andyboiii
yeah, he shouldn't be in the game just because he ran away like that... he's a real good player and all, but...
katamari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 katamari
Member since 2004 • 1317 Posts
I live near Denver and there are not many people around me who cared for his actions. His exclusion from the All-Star game is justified!!
Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts
I'm not disappointed at all
romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 romocop33
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
he should be in the all-star game. the leading scorer has never not playing in the all-star game, besides 99 when there was no all-star game because of the lockout. he could still make it too as a replacement for yao or boozer. its become trendy to not like melo lately, but he still is one of the best players in the association. him getting 15 games was ridiculous, and him not playing in the all-star game (as of now) is even more ridiculous. garnett got 1 game for throwing a punch (and then running away), so you're telling me the penalty for landing a punch is 14 games? no way.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#11 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
I'm fine with him NOT being in the all star game.
Ernice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#12 Ernice
Member since 2005 • 1269 Posts
I don't think he should be in the All-Star game. Not after the way he behaved when that fight broke out between Denver and New York..Dutch_Mix
agreed. that kind of behaviour doesnt scream ALL STAR.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
he should be in the all-star game. the leading scorer has never not playing in the all-star game, besides 99 when there was no all-star game because of the lockout. he could still make it too as a replacement for yao or boozer. its become trendy to not like melo lately, but he still is one of the best players in the association. him getting 15 games was ridiculous, and him not playing in the all-star game (as of now) is even more ridiculous. garnett got 1 game for throwing a punch (and then running away), so you're telling me the penalty for landing a punch is 14 games? no way. romocop33

The leading scorer had never been so stupid during that season. He should be out, and if Stern puts him as a reserve his an hypocrite.

badaboom187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 badaboom187
Member since 2005 • 6917 Posts
i'm actually glad he's not in the all star. 
romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 romocop33
[QUOTE="romocop33"]he should be in the all-star game. the leading scorer has never not playing in the all-star game, besides 99 when there was no all-star game because of the lockout. he could still make it too as a replacement for yao or boozer. its become trendy to not like melo lately, but he still is one of the best players in the association. him getting 15 games was ridiculous, and him not playing in the all-star game (as of now) is even more ridiculous. garnett got 1 game for throwing a punch (and then running away), so you're telling me the penalty for landing a punch is 14 games? no way. Master_Live

The leading scorer had never been so stupid during that season. He should be out, and if Stern puts him as a reserve his an hypocrite.

how would that make him a hypocrite? he suspended melo for "15 games" not "15 games plus the all-star game." melo paid his debt and he and stern made up when they had that meeting the last day of the suspension.
Airsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Airsoul
Member since 2005 • 3155 Posts
Nah, there are many players that deserved to be on the all-star team. not just Melo.. I rather take Allen Iverson instead of Melo..though
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
I laughing.
Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts
I think he shoulda made it as a reserve but not snubbed period, that's just Stern trying to "preserve the white collar image of the NBA" that hasn't existed since about the 1970s. I'm more disappointed that Chris Paul didn't get the nod cuz of something that wasn't his fault, he was making a play and landed on someone's ankle, shouldn't deny him the all-star game for that so Tony Parker can go, that's some ol' bull**** far as I'm concerend.
punisher7801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 punisher7801
Member since 2006 • 140 Posts
He doesnt deserve to be in the All Star game..He acted like a punk so he should be punished..And yes he was suspended for 15 games, but not being in the All Star game shows that he wont be rewarded for just having great stats..On the other hand, Josh Howard should have been in the game...
KoFoNiO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 KoFoNiO
Member since 2006 • 938 Posts
I dont really care about Carmelo, im more mad how Dirk isn't a starter and Josh Howard got snubbed by not making the team.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#22 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
I don't think he should be in the All-Star game. Not after the way he behaved when that fight broke out between Denver and New York..Dutch_Mix

I agree 100%. He shouldn't have hit that guy (and then backed away like a girl!) no matter what! The NBA can't put him in there because that would really promote the wrong thing especially when the NBA is really cracking down on bad behavior (Kobe anyone?).

note: Kobe is in the All-Star game like he should be, I'm just referring to the fact that he got a game suspension for the obvious cheap shot on Ginobili (even though I'm sure Kobe thought it was Bowen who he dislikes and was actually supposed to be guarding him).
3KindgomsRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 3KindgomsRandy
Member since 2005 • 15488 Posts

I dont really care about Carmelo, im more mad how Dirk isn't a starter and Josh Howard got snubbed by not making the team.KoFoNiO

Two exceptional points.  I agree one hundred percent.

romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 romocop33
He doesnt deserve to be in the All Star game..He acted like a punk so he should be punished..And yes he was suspended for 15 games, but not being in the All Star game shows that he wont be rewarded for just having great stats..On the other hand, Josh Howard should have been in the game...punisher7801
actually, david stern said he won't consider the fight when he picks the replacements, so melo has a very good chance of being on the team.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
[QUOTE="Master_Live"][QUOTE="romocop33"]he should be in the all-star game. the leading scorer has never not playing in the all-star game, besides 99 when there was no all-star game because of the lockout. he could still make it too as a replacement for yao or boozer. its become trendy to not like melo lately, but he still is one of the best players in the association. him getting 15 games was ridiculous, and him not playing in the all-star game (as of now) is even more ridiculous. garnett got 1 game for throwing a punch (and then running away), so you're telling me the penalty for landing a punch is 14 games? no way. romocop33

how would that make him a hypocrite? he suspended melo for "15 games" not "15 games plus the all-star game." melo paid his debt and he and stern made up when they had that meeting the last day of the suspension.

Yeah but you can see some similarities with the Shawn Merriman sutuation, Camerlo got a 15 game, which is pretty big by NBA standards, for doing something wrong and now should Melo be rewarded with an All-Star selection? I say no when there are players with All-Star credentials who haven't disrespected the game as Melo did.
romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 romocop33
[QUOTE="romocop33"][QUOTE="Master_Live"][QUOTE="romocop33"]he should be in the all-star game. the leading scorer has never not playing in the all-star game, besides 99 when there was no all-star game because of the lockout. he could still make it too as a replacement for yao or boozer. its become trendy to not like melo lately, but he still is one of the best players in the association. him getting 15 games was ridiculous, and him not playing in the all-star game (as of now) is even more ridiculous. garnett got 1 game for throwing a punch (and then running away), so you're telling me the penalty for landing a punch is 14 games? no way. Master_Live

Yeah but you can see some similarities with the Shawn Merriman sutuation, Camerlo got a 15 game, which is pretty big by NBA standards, for doing something wrong and now should Melo be rewarded with an All-Star selection? I say no when there are players with All-Star credentials who haven't disrespected the game as Melo did.

completely different. merriman cheated to make himself a better player. that has nothing to do with melo's actions. and since stern has said he will not consider the brawl when picking the all-star replacements, he will only be a hypocrite if he passes on melo.
zeldafan00013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 zeldafan00013
Member since 2004 • 6575 Posts
Melo is now on the All Star Team. He deserves it he is number one in scoring this year is he not