2014 NFL Mock Draft Top 10 - Version 12

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by 69ingChimpmunks (156 posts) -

1. Houston Texans - Blake Bortles, QB

As long as Bortles can give a good showing during the combine, He will remain the first overall pick in my mock drafts. He has the size and the strength. With a good offense behind, Bortles could easily lead this team to a winning season once more.

2. St. Louis Rams - Jadeveon Clowney, DE

I believe the Rams will trade down their second overall pick, Especially with another first rounder in the pocket already, because there is an abundance of great players available to choose from and they are far from picky in this year's draft considering they have no real needs that can't be filled 2-6 picks later (I believe either the Browns or Vikings will trade up). However, should they keep this pick, I think they would find that Clowney is just too good to pass up on.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars - Johnny Manziel, QB

The Jaguars know that Manziel is worth taking with this pick. His play making ability, which is something they seriously lack on offense, is just too good to pass up on. I think they'll take a chance on him.

4. Cleveland Browns - Teddy Bridgewater, QB

I think the Browns will more than likely trade up to secure Manziel, who they seem dead set on getting, but then again this mock is about the current order and doesn't involve trades. So with their pick, They will take Bridgewater. He may not really have one skill that really stands out but there is no denying he is a very well rounded quarterback.

5. Oakland Raiders - Sammy Watkins, WR

The Raiders use this pick to finally take a true number one receiver for their team. Watkins will be the play maker they need and he will really help open up their struggling offense.

6. Atlanta Falcons - Jake Matthews, OT

Their poor offensive line really hurt them last season and with their top tackle retiring, It makes sense that they'd go after his replacement. Matthews is easily the best offensive lineman in the draft and is well worth taking with this pick.

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Khalil Mack, OLB

Watkins is off the board and Evans or Lee is certainly a possibility but I think they simply take the best player available and I think that would be Mack. He is an outstanding pass rusher and could be a huge play maker for them on defense.

8. Minnesota Vikings - Anthony Barr, OLB

The Vikings won't take a quarterback if Bortles, Manziel, and Bridgewater are off the board. Personally, I would not be surprised to see them trade up to take one of the three. That being said, should they keep their current pick, they will take Barr. He puts up similar numbers to Clowney's and he has a far greater work ethic. Barr would be a great piece for the future of their defense.

9. Buffalo Bills - Greg Robinson, OT

Protecting Manuel, or any quarterback on their team for that matter, is a must if they want to keep their starting quarterback healthy. Robinson would be a huge addition for them and provide them with a very talented left tackle for years to come.

10. Detroit Lions - Mike Evans, WR

What better way to improve their offense then by adding a quality number two receiver opposite of Johnson. Evans is a beast and everyone knows that. The Lions biggest issue on offense would definitely be the lack of a quality number two receiver and Evans could solve that problem easily.