2013 NCAA football thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#301 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2618 posts) -

I don't know anyone in Texas or I would try it lol. Having a local to guide you is paramount. UNLESS your in Tallahassee where everyone is a new friend. Just go to Tennessee street.

nolzwin

Don't need no guide. 

#302 Posted by yokofox33 (29373 posts) -

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

[QUOTE="nolzwin"]

HELL YEA BRO, the college experience is AWESOME!!!! I flew up to pittsburgh for the FSU/PITT game and it was AWESOME!

Put_in_Kitna

I'm hoping to fly to Texas next year for the FSU-Oklahoma State matchup next year. Would love to go to that game.

That gonna be at Dallas stadium?

Yeah, I think it's called the Cowboy Classic or something like that.

#303 Posted by monkeytoes61 (8337 posts) -
I've never heard of anyone purposely seeking out any sort of extended time in Texas.
#304 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4118 posts) -

HELL YEA BRO, the college experience is AWESOME!!!! I flew up to pittsburgh for the FSU/PITT game and it was AWESOME!

nolzwin

You should try going to a Michigan game. It's amazing being a part of some of the the largest crowds to ever watch a football game. The only thing bad about the Big House is that you literally get no cell phone reception in there. :P

#305 Posted by nolzwin (362 posts) -

Yea I read about the game in cowboy stadium. Seems to be a trend with college teams playing in pro stadiums. And along those lines I have a question for y'all. I thought they might have served beer at the Pitt/FSU since it was at Heinz field but no such luck. I have heard that some schools are starting to sell beer at games and some are considering it. Is that something you guys agree with or does that just cause more problems? I've never been to a pro game but I have heard some stories.

#306 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2618 posts) -

I've never heard of anyone purposely seeking out any sort of extended time in Texas.monkeytoes61

You have no friends, how would you hear anything?

#307 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4118 posts) -

Yea I read about the game in cowboy stadium. Seems to be a trend with college teams playing in pro stadiums. And along those lines I have a question for y'all. I thought they might have served beer at the Pitt/FSU since it was at Heinz field but no such luck. I have heard that some schools are starting to sell beer at games and some are considering it. Is that something you guys agree with or does that just cause more problems? I've never been to a pro game but I have heard some stories.

nolzwin
I'm pretty sure the NCAA bans the sale of alcohol at college sporting events. I don't think any school is doing it. I'm not sure where you heard that.
#309 Posted by 36Ounces (2065 posts) -

Man this the first year in a while where another conference is on par with the SEC. Still give SEC the edge but Pac 12 is close.

#310 Posted by Bobbles (11678 posts) -

Man this the first year in a while where another conference is on par with the SEC. Still give SEC the edge but Pac 12 is close.

36Ounces
Nah, it aint.
#311 Posted by GamerForca (7079 posts) -

[QUOTE="nolzwin"]

Toxic-Seahorse

I'm pretty sure the NCAA bans the sale of alcohol at college sporting events. I don't think any school is doing it. I'm not sure where you heard that.

West Virginia

Minnesota

Rather hilariously, the yokels at WVU believed alcohol would "increase" civility at the games (if there was one fan base that I wouldn't want to see try the alcohol experiment, it would be that of WVU).  But unsurprisingly, they made huge money off it.  Minnesota actually lost money.

#312 Posted by 36Ounces (2065 posts) -

[QUOTE="36Ounces"]

Bobbles

Nah, it aint.

Oregon, Stanford, UCLA and Washington can play with anyone in the SEC.

#313 Posted by Bobbles (11678 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="36Ounces"]

36Ounces

Nah, it aint.

Oregon, Stanford, UCLA and Washington can play with anyone in the SEC.

No. Oregon and Stanford maybe, but only CU can gape the SEC.
#314 Posted by 36Ounces (2065 posts) -

CU too busy gaping themselves.

WTF i'm sayin is:

SEC
Pac 12

everyone else.

#315 Posted by nolzwin (362 posts) -
#316 Posted by Chutebox (36670 posts) -
I've never heard of anyone purposely seeking out any sort of extended time in Texas.monkeytoes61
Don't you live in Washington?
#317 Posted by monkeytoes61 (8337 posts) -
[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]I've never heard of anyone purposely seeking out any sort of extended time in Texas.Chutebox

The beautiful Pacific Northwest, yes sir I do.
#318 Posted by Chutebox (36670 posts) -
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]I've never heard of anyone purposely seeking out any sort of extended time in Texas.monkeytoes61

First I've heard described like that.
#319 Posted by monkeytoes61 (8337 posts) -
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="monkeytoes61"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] Don't you live in Washington?

You've never been then?
#320 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4118 posts) -

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="nolzwin"]

GamerForca

West Virginia

Minnesota

Rather hilariously, the yokels at WVU believed alcohol would "increase" civility at the games (if there was one fan base that I wouldn't want to see try the alcohol experiment, it would be that of WVU).  But unsurprisingly, they made huge money off it.  Minnesota actually lost money.

Ah, it looks like I was wrong. I didn't know that. I know when the NHL had the Winter Classic at Michigan Stadium they needed to get a special temporary license to sell alcohol there.

#321 Posted by Chutebox (36670 posts) -
[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"][QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="monkeytoes61"] The beautiful Pacific Northwest, yes sir I do.

You've never been then?

Nope
#322 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2618 posts) -

Ahh, Washington. What a worthless state when it comes to sports. The Huskies had their time, not bad. 4 Titles. They are shit now. Sonics, had 1. They moved so irrelevant. The rest are shit. Mariners, Seahawks, WSU, Sounders. All done dick. We will see if Seattle blows as usual away from home and does nothing again.

#323 Posted by monkeytoes61 (8337 posts) -

Ahh, Washington. What a worthless state when it comes to sports. The Huskies had their time, not bad. 4 Titles. They are shit now. Sonics, had 1. They moved so irrelevant. The rest are shit. Mariners, Seahawks, WSU, Sounders. All done dick. We will see if Seattle blows as usual away from home and does nothing again.

Put_in_Kitna
It's tough to argue against the ineptitude of local sports around here. Sounders aren't shit, friend. They've been good since their MLS inception, just haven't been able to get over the hump.
#324 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2618 posts) -

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

monkeytoes61

It's tough to argue against the ineptitude of local sports around here. Sounders aren't shit, friend. They've been good since their MLS inception, just haven't been able to get over the hump.

Thanks. 

#325 Posted by 36Ounces (2065 posts) -

After Maryland got their asses kicked by West Virgina it's nice to see the Terps destroy the Mountaineers. :)

I doubt we'll beat Clemson and Florida St. but at least they look better. And we are 4-0.

Seabas989

Terps solid this year. Will be tough game for Noles, but glad they get you at home.

#326 Posted by Seabas989 (10118 posts) -

[QUOTE="Seabas989"]

After Maryland got their asses kicked by West Virgina it's nice to see the Terps destroy the Mountaineers. :)

I doubt we'll beat Clemson and Florida St. but at least they look better. And we are 4-0.

36Ounces

Terps solid this year. Will be tough game for Noles, but glad they get you at home.

But this time we won't have a linebacker play QB.

#327 Posted by Chutebox (36670 posts) -

Dude just got flagged for a perfect hit in South Carolina game.  Ridiculous.  They even kicked him out for targeting which will be taken back.

#328 Posted by nolzwin (362 posts) -

FSU/ BC game : GOD, talk about home field advantage with a BS roughing the passer flag for a follow through pursuit. then a late hit flag for not letting the QB dance down the sideline!

#329 Posted by Braun_Roid_Rage (719 posts) -
Wow this Georgia LSU game is epic. - Baylor or OU wins the big 12. Ok St lmfao.
#330 Posted by Boston_Boyy (3914 posts) -

Interesting result from Georgia-LSU today.  Alabama, LSU and Georgia all could reasonably control their national title hopes from this point on.

#331 Posted by Braun_Roid_Rage (719 posts) -
I know 36 ounces is going crazy right now lol. Lucky f*ck went to the game. Can Mississippi or Wisconsin get the upset?
#332 Posted by Braun_Roid_Rage (719 posts) -
OSU - Wisconsin good so far.
#333 Posted by Chutebox (36670 posts) -

That just...that just can't happen lol.

#334 Posted by Chutebox (36670 posts) -

Can we fire kifin yet?

#335 Posted by mems_1224 (46598 posts) -
pretty crazy
#336 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2618 posts) -

Can we fire kifin yet?

Chutebox

lol just happened. 

#337 Posted by Chutebox (36670 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Can we fire kifin yet?

Put_in_Kitna

lol just happened. 

Just woke up to it. YES!!!!
#338 Posted by Seabas989 (10118 posts) -

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Can we fire kifin yet?

Chutebox

lol just happened. 

How did he get hired in the first place? :lol:

#339 Posted by Chutebox (36670 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

lol just happened. 

Seabas989

How did he get hired in the first place? :lol:

I don't know. I was honestly excited when he and his father came here. They both stunk, horribly though.
#340 Posted by monkeytoes61 (8337 posts) -
I'm so happy for you, Chute
#341 Posted by CWEBB04z (4563 posts) -

Put_in_Kitna

Wow a Dallas fan talking trash. Dallas as usual losing..to Phillip Rivers. LMAO

Put_in_Kitna!!!!!

oh wait.. wrong year.

#342 Posted by 36Ounces (2065 posts) -

LSU has an offense now

Undefeated season confirmed

Silverbond

Yeaaa, no.

Glad to be there to witness one of the greatest wins in Dawg history. Best sporting event an atmosphere I will ever be at.

Noles looked like shit, and have their hands full the next two games.

And USC finally got smart I see. Now it's Texas turn.

#343 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4118 posts) -

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

LSU has an offense now

36Ounces

Yeaaa, no.

Glad to be there to witness one of the greatest wins in Dawg history.

I wouldn't be too proud. Your defense looked like shit and your secondary constantly blew coverages. There were at least 2 plays where they simply didn't cover a reciever. Even the announcers were having fun with it calling it out before plays. :lol: I guess I don't have much room to criticize though since Georgia would probably demolish my team. :P Georgia vs LSU was definitely one of the most entertaining college football games I've watched this year. I was rooting for Georgia to win by the way. Never really liked LSU.

#344 Posted by 36Ounces (2065 posts) -

[QUOTE="36Ounces"]

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

LSU has an offense now

Toxic-Seahorse

Yeaaa, no.

Glad to be there to witness one of the greatest wins in Dawg history.

I wouldn't be too proud. Your defense looked like shit and your secondary constantly blew coverages. There were at least 2 plays where they simply didn't cover a reciever.

With both teams havin young secondaries I figured it would be a high scorin game. Dawgs just made the stop when they needed it most. This a weird year in the SEC though with only Florida havin a shut down D.

Ya'll have a crazy race in that Big 10 division. Neb, Mich St., Mich, N'wstrn or Iowa could win that one. Love conference play.

#345 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2618 posts) -

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

CWEBB04z

Put_in_Kitna!!!!!

oh wait.. wrong year.

You wagon dude. No one takes you seriously. You have a new team now because the Steelers are trash. Just stop posting, I hate your kind. 

#346 Posted by CWEBB04z (4563 posts) -

[QUOTE="CWEBB04z"]

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

Put_in_Kitna

Put_in_Kitna!!!!!

oh wait.. wrong year.

You wagon dude. No one takes you seriously. You have a new team now because the Steelers are trash. Just stop posting, I hate your kind. 

im a troll, its what i do.
#347 Posted by nolzwin (362 posts) -

Here We Go ! Another test for our young FSU QB. A confident (and rightly so) undefeated Maryland team. A storm brewing in the gulf of mexico, looks like a mudder game. I hope our tandem backs wild and free come up big. no looking ahead to Clemson. ONE GAME AT A TIME!

#349 Posted by Seabas989 (10118 posts) -

Here We Go ! Another test for our young FSU QB. A confident (and rightly so) undefeated Maryland team. A storm brewing in the gulf of mexico, looks like a mudder game. I hope our tandem backs wild and free come up big. no looking ahead to Clemson. ONE GAME AT A TIME!

nolzwin

Honestly I can't believe the Terps are ranked. :shock:

Hope it's a good game.