2013 NCAA football thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by 36Ounces (2035 posts) -
Heels coulda got back in the game then that dumb f*ck muffs the punt lol. They could still make a run though NC has a solid offense.
#102 Posted by 36Ounces (2035 posts) -
SC lookin pretty legit.
#103 Posted by TheGrat1 (4246 posts) -
[QUOTE="LTomlinson21"][QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="LTomlinson21"]Haha! This Buckeyes team will not fall like the previous two teams in prior championships. The schedule highly favors us. Dontre Wilson, a true freshman RB/H-Back, could have a significant impact on the team this year if his play matches his progression from summer camp. Someone to keep in mind from the Buckeyes this year to go along with Brad Roby and Braxton Miller. It has not been reported yet either, but we lost one of our primary rotating DT's to a broken foot for about 2 months.

They aren't banned from BCS games one more year?

After deciding to suspend Manziel for a max punishment of half-a-game, the NCAA ruled in-favor of Ohio State being allowed to compete for postseason titles this year.

LMAO @ That shit. The NCAA was salivating over the idea of Braxton Miller facing Manziel/Alabama in the NC game. No way in hell they were going to let some petty by-laws and prior rulings get in the way of that. NCAA has the integrity of a soggy noddle.
#104 Posted by Chutebox (35683 posts) -

[QUOTE="LTomlinson21"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] They aren't banned from BCS games one more year?TheGrat1
After deciding to suspend Manziel for a max punishment of half-a-game, the NCAA ruled in-favor of Ohio State being allowed to compete for postseason titles this year.

LMAO @ That shit. The NCAA was salivating over the idea of Braxton Miller facing Manziel/Alabama in the NC game. No way in hell they were going to let some petty by-laws and prior rulings get in the way of that. NCAA has the integrity of a soggy noddle.

Wait, he was serious? Can they or can't they be in a BCS game? And why was the SC game delayed?

Edit: Oh, was only one year ban.  I love how those assholes came down so hard on USC but not these other schools.

#105 Posted by GamerForca (7034 posts) -
Robert Nkemdiche learning that arm tackles don't work in college like they do (for a guy his size) in high school. He's a big boy for a true freshman though, holy crap.
#106 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2547 posts) -

Aaaand this is why I can't get into college football. A very respectable NC team is already getting blown out by one of the nation's best teams. Boring. Such a desparity in talent, I can't stand it.

monkeytoes61

There is more upsets in college than in pro sports. The reason you can't get into it is because you can't pick a team. 

#107 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2547 posts) -

The cheap shot on Clowney if you guys were interested. 

#108 Posted by 36Ounces (2035 posts) -
#109 Posted by TheGrat1 (4246 posts) -

LMAO! He tossed his cookies! Great f*ckin hit! :twisted:

#110 Posted by GamerForca (7034 posts) -

Anybody who stayed up to watch Vandy and Ole Miss got one hell of a treat. What a comeback by Vandy, but this game still ain't over!

LOL well, like I said, it ain't over!!  Ole Miss has the lead now DAMN.

Good first day for college football.  I'm satisfied.

#111 Posted by 36Ounces (2035 posts) -

What a crazy game man.

#112 Posted by Chutebox (35683 posts) -

USC only up 23-5....gonna be a loooonnnnnngggg season.  Hopefully we get a real coach after this season

#113 Posted by monkeytoes61 (8291 posts) -

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]

Aaaand this is why I can't get into college football. A very respectable NC team is already getting blown out by one of the nation's best teams. Boring. Such a desparity in talent, I can't stand it.

Put_in_Kitna

There is more upsets in college than in pro sports. The reason you can't get into it is because you can't pick a team. 

There are three times as many games.
#114 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2547 posts) -

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]

monkeytoes61

I could use that argument against you as well. 

#115 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2547 posts) -

Anybody who stayed up to watch Vandy and Ole Miss got one hell of a treat. What a comeback by Vandy, but this game still ain't over!

LOL well, like I said, it ain't over!!  Ole Miss has the lead now DAMN.

Good first day for college football.  I'm satisfied.

GamerForca

Great game. Good start to the season. 

#116 Posted by Oleg_Huzwog (21885 posts) -

Silly UConn.

#117 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2547 posts) -

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]

monkeytoes61

Already a huge upset. North Dakota State beats Kansas State at home. 

#118 Posted by monkeytoes61 (8291 posts) -

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"][QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

Put_in_Kitna

I'm not denying that there are a decent amount of upsets, but I feel like blowouts are far more prevalent.
#119 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

Put_in_Kitna

Congrats to North Dakota State. The team must feel like they're on top of the world at the moment. 

#120 Posted by Seabas989 (9652 posts) -

NFL > College football.

That being said I'm looking at another terrible season by Maryland before we leave to the Big 10 where we will get destroyed.

#121 Posted by GamerForca (7034 posts) -
LOL the refs on the field just overturned the replay booth's decision in the Okie State/Miss State game (which had actually confirmed what the refs on the field had called in the first place, so the refs on the field basically overturned their own call when the replay booth screwed up). Never seen that before, but they were right to change it. No idea what the hell the guys in the booth were thinking.
#122 Posted by monkeytoes61 (8291 posts) -
EWU bringing it to Oregon State right now
#123 Posted by GamerForca (7034 posts) -
Almost time for the big game. UGA starting two true freshmen in the secondary, with the starting SS suspended to boot. LBs are young too. I admit, Clemson should be favored. UGA's offense should have no problems moving the ball though. Grind the clock with that big OL and Gurley, and let's see what happens. Signing out boys...
#124 Posted by Boston_Boyy (3811 posts) -

So my college won the first game they ever played 52-7 today and this happened.  I can't be certain, but based on the clothes my roommate and I were wearing, along with they time we got in, I'm pretty certain we're visible in the first couple seconds of the video, in that big group that comes on from the left.

#125 Posted by 36Ounces (2035 posts) -
Dawgs made too many mistakes to win that game..turnovers, muffed fg. I knew the young D would have trouble but shit I thought we'd at least be able to run the ball with the veteran OL. Props to Clemson, but Dawgs played like ass tonight. And next week is S Car lol. Surprised at all the FCS upsets so far though, I like it. Glad I'm drunk as shit but still pissed.
#126 Posted by GamerForca (7034 posts) -
Dawgs made too many mistakes to win that game..turnovers, muffed fg. I knew the young D would have trouble but shit I thought we'd at least be able to run the ball with the veteran OL. Props to Clemson, but Dawgs played like ass tonight. And next week is S Car lol. Surprised at all the FCS upsets so far though, I like it. Glad I'm drunk as shit but still pissed.36Ounces
I sobered up a bit before I came back on here. We struggled with the run because Clemson was stacking the box. Took Bobo 5 series to adjust and start utilizing the PA and dump passes, otherwise UGA wins. Too many mistakes with the turnovers and botched FG, otherwise UGA wins. Then there was the game-ending injury to Mitchell and the injury that kept Gurley out for half the game, otherwise UGA wins. In other words... COULDA SHOULDA WOULDA, same old story every year for a Mark Richt coached team. SMH.
#127 Posted by 36Ounces (2035 posts) -
Oh and Manziel a f*ckin dumbass. Never thought I'd be rootin for Bama when they play. Have a good arena football career kid.
#128 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2547 posts) -

Just got back from UT game. Awful start. 3 turnovers, down 7-0 with 2 min left in first half. Then explosions. Texas has a very explosive offense this year, but the consitency is still a huge question mark. Won 56-7. 

#129 Posted by Bobbles (11678 posts) -
Dawgs made too many mistakes to win that game..turnovers, muffed fg. I knew the young D would have trouble but shit I thought we'd at least be able to run the ball with the veteran OL. Props to Clemson, but Dawgs played like ass tonight. And next week is S Car lol. Surprised at all the FCS upsets so far though, I like it. Glad I'm drunk as shit but still pissed.36Ounces
Could be worse, you could be a CU fan.
#130 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

Clemson v Georgia was a pretty good game. As for Florida, looks like it could be another year of inconsistent offense. 

#131 Posted by 36Ounces (2035 posts) -

[QUOTE="36Ounces"]Dawgs made too many mistakes to win that game..turnovers, muffed fg. I knew the young D would have trouble but shit I thought we'd at least be able to run the ball with the veteran OL. Props to Clemson, but Dawgs played like ass tonight. And next week is S Car lol. Surprised at all the FCS upsets so far though, I like it. Glad I'm drunk as shit but still pissed.Bobbles

Ya'll looked pretty good today against Col St.

#132 Posted by GamerForca (7034 posts) -
Georga WR Malcolm Mitchell out for season. Tore his ACL celebrating Todd Gurley's first TD run. smh
#133 Posted by 36Ounces (2035 posts) -

Georga WR Malcolm Mitchell out for season. Tore his ACL celebrating Todd Gurley's first TD run. smhGamerForca

Yea I saw that, what a dumbass.

#134 Posted by Bobbles (11678 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="36Ounces"]Dawgs made too many mistakes to win that game..turnovers, muffed fg. I knew the young D would have trouble but shit I thought we'd at least be able to run the ball with the veteran OL. Props to Clemson, but Dawgs played like ass tonight. And next week is S Car lol. Surprised at all the FCS upsets so far though, I like it. Glad I'm drunk as shit but still pissed.36Ounces

Lmao, it was shit CSU.. let's see what happens when we play a Pac-12 team.
#135 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2547 posts) -

Georga WR Malcolm Mitchell out for season. Tore his ACL celebrating Todd Gurley's first TD run. smhGamerForca

LOL, that blows. 

#136 Posted by 36Ounces (2035 posts) -

[QUOTE="36Ounces"]

[QUOTE="Bobbles"] Could be worse, you could be a CU fan.Bobbles

Lmao, it was shit CSU.. let's see what happens when we play a Pac-12 team.

Ay at least ya'll already can't do worse than last season :lol:

Can't wait to see Jameis Winston play tonight.

#137 Posted by yokofox33 (28403 posts) -

I know it was Pitt, but damn, Winston looked awesome. He's gonna be good, but obviously he can't put up these types of games every game. I'm sure he'll struggle a couple times this year.

#138 Posted by 36Ounces (2035 posts) -

I know it was Pitt, but damn, Winston looked awesome. He's gonna be good, but obviously he can't put up these types of games every game. I'm sure he'll struggle a couple times this year.

yokofox33

Was bout to say the same thing. 25/27 for 356 yds with 4 td's. Not bad for a freshman first CFB game.

#139 Posted by TheGrat1 (4246 posts) -
This was pretty much what I predicted (40 - 17 FSU), didn't expect WInston to beast quite this much however. God to see that Savage actually has an arm at the end, hopefully he'll get more chances to use it than once per game.
#140 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

yokofox33

He sure did play well. I was impressed. 

#141 Posted by Oleg_Huzwog (21885 posts) -

Best highlight from Week 1:

#142 Posted by nomsayin (1130 posts) -

Mark Richt is garbage. I've been saying this for years now. 

#143 Posted by DroidPhysX (17087 posts) -

Alabama will blow the doors off A&M.

Easily beat the -7 spread.

#144 Posted by X360PS3AMD05 (36296 posts) -
#145 Posted by Chutebox (35683 posts) -
^^^ OLD! :P Olbermann is pretty dang funny, too young to have seen him on ESPN before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A4U216fG_8 What the? I thought Tebow was all class?? Never saw that beforeX360PS3AMD05
Olbermann is a PoS.
#146 Posted by monkeytoes61 (8291 posts) -
[QUOTE="X360PS3AMD05"]^^^ OLD! :P Olbermann is pretty dang funny, too young to have seen him on ESPN before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A4U216fG_8 What the? I thought Tebow was all class?? Never saw that beforeChutebox
Olbermann is a PoS.

He was like MSNBC's O'Reilly or Hannity. Not a fan of someone that biased.
#147 Posted by Chutebox (35683 posts) -
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="X360PS3AMD05"]^^^ OLD! :P Olbermann is pretty dang funny, too young to have seen him on ESPN before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A4U216fG_8 What the? I thought Tebow was all class?? Never saw that beforemonkeytoes61
Olbermann is a PoS.

O'Reilly is awesome. Hannity more like it.
#148 Posted by monkeytoes61 (8291 posts) -

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] Olbermann is a PoS.Chutebox

You like Bill O'Reilly? You're joking, right? That guy couldn't be any more delusional if he tried.

#149 Posted by Chutebox (35683 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="monkeytoes61"] He was like MSNBC's O'Reilly or Hannity. Not a fan of someone that biased.monkeytoes61

You like Bill O'Reilly? You're joking, right? That guy couldn't be any more delusional if he tried.

Hell yes I like him. He's the man. He doesn't let anyone get away with any bullshit on his show. If you don't agree with him, that's fine. But he's awesome

#150 Posted by TheGrat1 (4246 posts) -
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="X360PS3AMD05"]^^^ OLD! :P Olbermann is pretty dang funny, too young to have seen him on ESPN before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A4U216fG_8 What the? I thought Tebow was all class?? Never saw that beforemonkeytoes61
Olbermann is a PoS.

Biased? Yes (it was his job considering the network that hired him). But he was always a better entertainer then either of the other two. He's like Stephen A Smith: agree or disagree, like or hate, he brings personality to any segment he's on and that is always going to get you a job.