2013 NCAA football thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2547 posts) -

[QUOTE="Boston_Boyy"]

Oh, Johnny Football. Truth be told I really don't have a problem with this kind of activity, Manziel is a celebrity and should be able to use his own image however he wishes so long as it doesn't effect his on-the-field football career. That being said, he's a real idiot if this is true. Manziel knows the rules, and isn't from the kind of situation where he should be desperate for any sort of short-term payday. I've been on his side when it comes to most of the 'controversies' he's been involved in this year, but despite my dubious view of the rule itself I won't feel an ounce of sympathy if he's suspended or banned.

36Ounces

The rule on that is stupid yeah, but like you said he knows the rules. Ever since winnin the heisman kid thinks he can do whatever the f*ck he wants.

Kid is a douche but I hope he did it and i hope he gets away with it. NCAA is scum! 

#52 Posted by monkeytoes61 (8291 posts) -

My alma mater dropped its football program back in the leather helmet days when some old religious widow granted the school a huge endowment on the condition they separate themselves from that "barbaric, uncivilized game".

Oleg_Huzwog
Did you go to school in Washington?
#53 Posted by Oleg_Huzwog (21885 posts) -

[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

My alma mater dropped its football program back in the leather helmet days when some old religious widow granted the school a huge endowment on the condition they separate themselves from that "barbaric, uncivilized game".

monkeytoes61

Yep

#54 Posted by X360PS3AMD05 (36296 posts) -
Sorry monkeytoes but i'm gonna have to make a crack, you said people who went to WAZU were too dumb to get into UW but you go to EWU..........................
#55 Posted by monkeytoes61 (8291 posts) -

Sorry monkeytoes but i'm gonna have to make a crack, you said people who went to WAZU were too dumb to get into UW but you go to EWU..........................X360PS3AMD05
I actually went to CWU (which is also for idiots or people who didn't try in high school, myself being the latter), then transferred to WWU, best school in the state only to UW.

#56 Posted by monkeytoes61 (8291 posts) -

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"][QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

Oleg_Huzwog

Yep

Whereabouts?

#57 Posted by Bobbles (11678 posts) -

[QUOTE="X360PS3AMD05"]Sorry monkeytoes but i'm gonna have to make a crack, you said people who went to WAZU were too dumb to get into UW but you go to EWU..........................monkeytoes61

I actually went to CWU (which is also for idiots or people who didn't try in high school, myself being the latter), then transferred to WWU, best school in the state only to UW.

The latter? Nah, the former my friend.. the former.
#58 Posted by monkeytoes61 (8291 posts) -
[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]

[QUOTE="X360PS3AMD05"]Sorry monkeytoes but i'm gonna have to make a crack, you said people who went to WAZU were too dumb to get into UW but you go to EWU..........................Bobbles

The latter? Nah, the former my friend.. the former.

Oh, Bobbles. How could you?
#59 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2547 posts) -
#60 Posted by TxTech1923 (607 posts) -
The relevance of the rule in todays game aside, Manziel knows that it's still a rule and has seen other big name players get taken down recently because of it. Shame because he's a great talent, laughable because he's a giant d-bag. That it's happening to aggie is just ice on the cake.
#61 Posted by 36Ounces (2035 posts) -

Jay Bilas gaping the NCAA.

Put_in_Kitna

:lol: at the website disabling the search engine. Good stuff, but I think Johnny boy is done.

#62 Posted by Boston_Boyy (3811 posts) -

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

Jay Bilas gaping the NCAA.

36Ounces

:lol: at the website disabling the search engine. Good stuff, but I think Johnny boy is done.

When the *** will corporate America learn about the Streisand effect.  Or basically the common sense that tells you more people will want to see something that you make a point of not wanting people to see.

#63 Posted by TxTech1923 (607 posts) -
So what alumni/fanbases/conferences we have represented here? Now that ESPN ruined their boards with facebook integration and 90% of users leaving, this seems like a pretty good place to migrate! You only get one guess as to mine :P
#64 Posted by 36Ounces (2035 posts) -

So what alumni/fanbases/conferences we have represented here? Now that ESPN ruined their boards with facebook integration and 90% of users leaving, this seems like a pretty good place to migrate! You only get one guess as to mine :PTxTech1923

Good to have another CFB fan in here, this board mostly NFL & NBA ppl. Been a fan of FSU & UGA since I can remember. Family went to both.

#65 Posted by TxTech1923 (607 posts) -

[QUOTE="TxTech1923"]So what alumni/fanbases/conferences we have represented here? Now that ESPN ruined their boards with facebook integration and 90% of users leaving, this seems like a pretty good place to migrate! You only get one guess as to mine :P36Ounces

Good to have another CFB fan in here, this board mostly NFL & NBA ppl. Been a fan of FSU & UGA since I can remember. Family went to both.

Nice, I've been wanting FSU to ditch the ACC and come join the Big 12 for a while :P
#66 Posted by 36Ounces (2035 posts) -

[QUOTE="36Ounces"]

[QUOTE="TxTech1923"]So what alumni/fanbases/conferences we have represented here? Now that ESPN ruined their boards with facebook integration and 90% of users leaving, this seems like a pretty good place to migrate! You only get one guess as to mine :PTxTech1923

Nice, I've been wanting FSU to ditch the ACC and come join the Big 12 for a while :P

Wouldn't mind FSU goin to Big 12. OU kicks their ass every time they play though haha.

#67 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2547 posts) -

So what alumni/fanbases/conferences we have represented here? Now that ESPN ruined their boards with facebook integration and 90% of users leaving, this seems like a pretty good place to migrate! You only get one guess as to mine :PTxTech1923

Longhorn here. Get ready for that gape friend. 

#68 Posted by TxTech1923 (607 posts) -

[QUOTE="TxTech1923"]So what alumni/fanbases/conferences we have represented here? Now that ESPN ruined their boards with facebook integration and 90% of users leaving, this seems like a pretty good place to migrate! You only get one guess as to mine :PPut_in_Kitna

I won't even bother retorting that, we can't even beat y'all in your down years with momentum on our side -_- We get lucky every once and a while though, wouldn't you hate for a smaller in-state rival to ruin your thanksgiving back to back years? :)
#69 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2547 posts) -

[QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

[QUOTE="TxTech1923"]So what alumni/fanbases/conferences we have represented here? Now that ESPN ruined their boards with facebook integration and 90% of users leaving, this seems like a pretty good place to migrate! You only get one guess as to mine :PTxTech1923

I won't even bother retorting that, we can't even beat y'all in your down years with momentum on our side -_- We get lucky every once and a while though, wouldn't you hate for a smaller in-state rival to ruin your thanksgiving back to back years? :)

Yeah winning in Lubbock is a pain in the ass. Nah TCU is going down this year. 

#70 Posted by TxTech1923 (607 posts) -

[QUOTE="TxTech1923"][QUOTE="Put_in_Kitna"]

Put_in_Kitna

Yeah winning in Lubbock is a pain in the ass. Nah TCU is going down this year. 

Hopefully now that we've got a decent coach we can at least put up a fight consistently :P I would love to see y'all curbstomp purple aggie every year, watching people ruin TCU's day is about as good as it gets.
#71 Posted by StaticKornSlipX (8254 posts) -
Clemson fan here. Gameday is finally coming back to Tigertown and I hope they leave that putz Chris Fowler in Bristol !!!
#72 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2547 posts) -

SEC and SEC Championship game (obviously) will not be in next EA college game. Umm. lol. Big 12 thinking of doing the same. WTF! Looks like this franchise is done. Glad I bought 14. 

LINK

#73 Posted by 36Ounces (2035 posts) -

SEC and SEC Championship game (obviously) will not be in next EA college game. Umm. lol. Big 12 thinking of doing the same. WTF! Looks like this franchise is done. Glad I bought 14.

LINK

Put_in_Kitna

Damn, looks like i'm done with these games after 14.

Two weeks til kickoff though man can't wait. Nothin better than startin the season off with UGA/Clemson.

My conference picks...

SEC- Bama over UGA
Big 10- OSU over Michigan
BIG 12- Texas
ACC- FSU over VT... smart $ on Clemson though
PAC 12- Oregon over USC
AAC- L' ville
MW- Fresno St. over Boise St.
C-USA- ECU over Tulsa
Ind.- ND
MAC- NIU over Ohio
Sun Belt- WKU

#74 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2547 posts) -

Pac 12 and Big 10 also decided not to renew their licenes, it is done. 

#75 Posted by Oleg_Huzwog (21885 posts) -

My conference picks...

SEC- Bama over UGA
BIG 12- Texas
PAC 12- Oregon over USC
AAC- L' ville
C-USA- ECU over Tulsa
Ind.- ND
MAC- NIU over Ohio
Sun Belt- WKU

36Ounces

SEC - Georgia over Alabama
Big Ten - Ohio St over Nebraska
Big 12 - TCU
ACC - Clemson over Georgia Tech
Pac 12 - Stanford over Arizona St
AAC - Louisville
MW - Boise St over Utah St
C-USA - Tulsa over ECU
Ind - BYU
MAC - N Illinois over Kent St
Sun Belt - Arkansas St

#76 Posted by 36Ounces (2035 posts) -

^ Like the Georgia pick haha. Offense will be explosive, but worried bout the young inexperienced D. First 2 games will show what the Dawgs about this year.

#77 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2547 posts) -

TCU? Friend plz. 

#78 Posted by 36Ounces (2035 posts) -

If I was a Tx fan and they didn't win the conf this year, i'd want Mack gone. No reason for them to not be close to Bama's level yearly.

#79 Posted by GamerForca (7034 posts) -

^ Like the Georgia pick haha. Offense will be explosive, but worried bout the young inexperienced D. First 2 games will show what the Dawgs about this year.

36Ounces
They have some serious talent on D, it just needs time to gel. DL and OLBs are looking very good. MLBs are a big ?. CBs are decent, and the safeties are looking surprisingly strong (but Harvey-Clemons is suspended for the Clemson game, which is really bad). The defense will be very strong by years end... if they can just hold up for the Clemson and SCAR games....
#80 Posted by 36Ounces (2035 posts) -

[QUOTE="36Ounces"]

GamerForca

They have some serious talent on D, it just needs time to gel. DL and OLBs are looking very good. MLBs are a big ?. CBs are decent, and the safeties are looking surprisingly strong (but Harvey-Clemons is suspended for the Clemson game, which is really bad). The defense will be very strong by years end... if they can just hold up for the Clemson and SCAR games....

What up man, have a good trip?

Yea no Harvey-Clemons hurts us alot and I look for a high scorin game. Glad we get the SC C*cksuckers at home cuz we need to end that streak.

#81 Posted by GamerForca (7034 posts) -

What up man, have a good trip?

Yea no Harvey-Clemons hurts us alot and I look for a high scorin game. Glad we get the SC C*cksuckers at home cuz we need to end that streak.

36Ounces
Yeah, I'm thinking about going and living over there. Seriously. It was a lot of fun. I'm worried about the Cocks as much as the Clemson game, honestly. Spurrier will always pull out all the stops to beat UGA... then they'll collapse in the second half of the season as always....
#82 Posted by TxTech1923 (607 posts) -

[QUOTE="36Ounces"]My conference picks...

SEC- Bama over UGA
BIG 12- Texas
PAC 12- Oregon over USC
AAC- L' ville
C-USA- ECU over Tulsa
Ind.- ND
MAC- NIU over Ohio
Sun Belt- WKU

Oleg_Huzwog

SEC - Georgia over Alabama
Big Ten - Ohio St over Nebraska
Big 12 - TCU
ACC - Clemson over Georgia Tech
Pac 12 - Stanford over Arizona St
AAC - Louisville
MW - Boise St over Utah St
C-USA - Tulsa over ECU
Ind - BYU
MAC - N Illinois over Kent St
Sun Belt - Arkansas St

TCU is going to be the WVU of the 2013 season, count it.
#83 Posted by LTomlinson21 (24421 posts) -
I had to come back and give my prediction. Ohio State will be winning the championship this year. Alabama is the team that could outmatch Ohio State. Have the pleasure to sit in these great seats again for the season! http://s9.photobucket.com/user/Ltomlinson21/media/008.jpg.html
#84 Posted by 36Ounces (2035 posts) -

Season starts in 2 days... S Car/N Car, Ole Miss/Vandy and USC/Hawaii are the Thursday games i'll be watchin. Time to stock up on beer it's football time baby!

And to the dude above yea, Ohio St should run the table with that pos schedule they have. If they play Bama though it's a wrap.

#85 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2547 posts) -

Beast seats. Garbage team. Crap schedule. Should win Big 10 with flying colors. Will get beatdown in BCS. 

#86 Posted by Chutebox (35683 posts) -

Nooootttt looking forward to the USC season, at all.

#87 Posted by LTomlinson21 (24421 posts) -
Haha! This Buckeyes team will not fall like the previous two teams in prior championships. The schedule highly favors us. Dontre Wilson, a true freshman RB/H-Back, could have a significant impact on the team this year if his play matches his progression from summer camp. Someone to keep in mind from the Buckeyes this year to go along with Brad Roby and Braxton Miller. It has not been reported yet either, but we lost one of our primary rotating DT's to a broken foot for about 2 months.
#88 Posted by Chutebox (35683 posts) -
[QUOTE="LTomlinson21"]Haha! This Buckeyes team will not fall like the previous two teams in prior championships. The schedule highly favors us. Dontre Wilson, a true freshman RB/H-Back, could have a significant impact on the team this year if his play matches his progression from summer camp. Someone to keep in mind from the Buckeyes this year to go along with Brad Roby and Braxton Miller. It has not been reported yet either, but we lost one of our primary rotating DT's to a broken foot for about 2 months.

They aren't banned from BCS games one more year?
#89 Posted by LTomlinson21 (24421 posts) -
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="LTomlinson21"]Haha! This Buckeyes team will not fall like the previous two teams in prior championships. The schedule highly favors us. Dontre Wilson, a true freshman RB/H-Back, could have a significant impact on the team this year if his play matches his progression from summer camp. Someone to keep in mind from the Buckeyes this year to go along with Brad Roby and Braxton Miller. It has not been reported yet either, but we lost one of our primary rotating DT's to a broken foot for about 2 months.

They aren't banned from BCS games one more year?

After deciding to suspend Manziel for a max punishment of half-a-game, the NCAA ruled in-favor of Ohio State being allowed to compete for postseason titles this year.
#90 Posted by 36Ounces (2035 posts) -

Nooootttt looking forward to the USC season, at all.

Chutebox

Yea when ya'll dump that clown of a coach I think ya'll be back competing on the big stage. It's USC, big recruits will always wanna go there.

And lmao @ NCAA suspending Manziel a half. Bout the dumbest shit i've heard in a while.

#91 Posted by JML897 (33064 posts) -

I'd call that a slap on the wrist but an actual slap on the wrist would be a worse punishment than that.

Texas A&M would handily beat Rice no matter who their QB is for that game.

#92 Posted by Boston_Boyy (3811 posts) -

On one hand I don't feel like Manziel should be suspended at all, and fully support his right to do what he did. On the other hand I'm not a big fan of half-measures like this, and feel like the NCAA is doing the equivalent of driving down the field and kicking a field goal as time expires in the 4th quarter while down 56-0. Essentially, making a mad dash to throw down some form of punishment despite knowing they're fighting a losing battle due to lack of hard evidence or subpoena power.

#93 Posted by JML897 (33064 posts) -
Completely agree with everything you said.
#94 Posted by GamerForca (7034 posts) -
If they have no evidence, then they just shouldn't suspend him. Doesn't make any sense. Though I guess it makes no difference to A&M, as their second-stringers would beat Rice, but the whole thing is pretty laughable.
#95 Posted by Put_in_Kitna (2547 posts) -

They ain't got S*** on Manziel. Worthless NCAA. Good im glad they got gaped. 

#96 Posted by Master_Live (12281 posts) -
NCAA is such a POS, what a joke. Either suspend him for 1 game or don't.
#97 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

Manziel being suspended for only a half is a joke. 

#98 Posted by CJL13 (19137 posts) -

They may or may not have evidence, but they do know that Manziel playing gets the NCAA big bucks, so suspending him for a while would be suicide.

#99 Posted by monkeytoes61 (8291 posts) -

Aaaand this is why I can't get into college football. A very respectable NC team is already getting blown out by one of the nation's best teams. Boring. Such a desparity in talent, I can't stand it.

#100 Posted by TheGrat1 (4246 posts) -
My team (Pitt) has a beast home schedule. Too bad we aren't going to be very competitive this year. :( These UNC unis are garbage.