drunk3nrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 drunk3nrabbit
Member since 2006 • 253 Posts

I really like martial arts movies but I've only seen a few: crouching tiger hidden dragon, fearless, and house of flying daggers.

I know I'm asking for opinions, but I am specifically looking for movies with LOTS of action. I don't care if they are fake or real, just lots of fighting. No magic or anything like that, just weapons and fists/feet/heads.

thanks for any recommendation though.

-ben+ 

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
My favorite movie of all time is and will always be Hard Boiled.
vix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 vix
Member since 2003 • 2803 Posts
anything by Bruce Lee should hold you over. Hero is great as well.
VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts

To the topic creator - Those arent martial arts movies. They are RUBBISH lol.

Watch Enter the dragon, way of the dragon, big boss...basically anything with Bruce Lee in like VixDiesel said. Such a legend. I love the guy. 

Polybren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Polybren
Member since 2004 • 1678 Posts

Modern: Fist of Legend (Jet Li), Hero (Jet Li), My Father is a Bodyguard (Jet Li), Ong Bak (Tony Jaa), Story of Ricky (very violent/absurd, not to be taken seriously).

Classic/Old School: The Odd Couple (starring Sammo Hung and Lau Kar Wing), The Prodigal Son (Sammo Hung), Magnificent Butcher (Sammo Hung), Master of the Flying Guillotine, Secret Service of the Imperial Court, The Instant Kung Fu Man, Last Hurrah for Chivalry (John Woo directed it, old school swordplay kung fu film), Drunken Master (classic kung fu comedy), Chinese Super Ninja (a bit of over-the-top/magic stuff, but still very fun), Return of the Five Deadly Venoms (better than the original Five Deadly Venoms), The Buddhist Fist, The New One-Armed Swordsman, Knockabout, Shaolin Master Killer (Gordon Liu), and Shaolin Challenges Ninja.

And if you like those, I've got plenty more old school flicks to suggest.

yian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 yian
Member since 2003 • 5166 Posts
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon is a good one. It has the right balance of style and fighting. Everything else is either too heavy with the fighting, taking itself too seriously, or too much style.
King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#7 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts
You definitely want to see Ong-Bak and Tom Yum Goong (a.k.a. The Protector), both starring Tony Jaa. You can't go wrong with Jackie Chan's old stuff, like Police Story or Drunken Master (and Legend of the Drunken Master). Wheels on Meals has one of the best scenes in the genre (Jackie Chan vs. Benny Urquidez). Anything with Bruce Lee is great, but beware of the fake Bruce Lee movies out there. Stay away from Game of Death, and instead watch the bits and pieces of the true version in the documentary Bruce Lee: A Warrior's Journey. This is a nice thread, I could use this to seek out some movies. :)
ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#8 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts
a lot of commercial movies are being posted here. yall need to go back old school and stop by your local walmart and grab that $5 dvd in the middle of the ile called shaolin monks or rise of the ninja or tiger cran art style. those are the best ones. if yalling wanna get into that yall really need to step it up and get those movies, the real classics
tj78714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 tj78714
Member since 2002 • 1276 Posts
Undefeatable. you can close the thread now :P
Avatar image for TitusAndronicus
TitusAndronicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 TitusAndronicus
Member since 2004 • 978 Posts

I don't know about old-school martial arts, but Tony Jaa's Protector and Ong-Bak are awesome.  I also loved Fearless, Kill Bill, and Unleashed.