AU Start Time: Friday, June 28th - 12:30 PM EAST
ASIA Start Time: Friday, June 28th - 10:30 AM CST
Platform: PC 
Estimated Download Time: 45 minutes 

Faction: Vanu Sovereignty
Server: Mattherson (US East)
CHATROOM: http://www.twitch.tv/realkilla_789

Terran Republic - High Rate of Fire, Low DpH, Fast VTOLs - 33% [4]
New Conglomerate - Low Rate of Fire,High DpH, Slow but hard hitting VTOLs - 25% [3]
Vanu Sovereignty - Balanced Guns, Balanced Vehicles, Very Agile. - 42% [5] 

[Download HERE]
[Tutorials HERE] 

Minimum System Requirements

OS - Windows XP
Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 or higher / AMD Phenom II X2 or higher
Memory - 4 GB RAM
Hard Drive - 15 GB free
Video Memory - 256 MB RAM
Video Card - nVidia GeForce 8600 series or higher / AMD or ATI 4850 series or higher
Sound Card - DirectX compatible

Recommended System

OS - Windows 7
Processor - Intel i5 processor or higher / AMD Phenom II X6 or higher
Memory - 8 GB RAM
Hard Drive - 15 GB free
Video Memory - 1,024 MB RAM
Video Card - nVidia GeForce GTX 560 series or higher / AMD HD 6870 or higher
Sound Card - DirectX compatible

What Faction Will We Play?

Terran Republic
- High Rate of Fire
- Low Damage per hit
- Fast VTOLs
An authoritarian government that leverages military might to maintain strict control over the colonial citizens. The Terran Republic is obsessed with the preservation of law and order and are thus seen by some to be an oppressive and dictatorial force, but many view the TR as the only hope for lasting security on Auraxis. Their colors are red and black. TR forces are distinguished by their use of rapid fire weapons and miniguns, large magazines, and high speed ground and air vehicles. 

New Conglomerate
- Low Rate of Fire
- High Damage per hit
- Slow but hard hitting VTOLs. 
The New Conglomerate operates as a loosely organized band of freedom fighters, vehemently opposed to the stranglehold that the Terran Republic has on Auraxis. Led by an unusual quorum of outcasts, industry titans, and pirates, the New Conglomerate is unwavering and prepared to achieve freedom from oppression by any means necessary. Their colors are blue and gold. NC forces use hard hitting gauss weaponry that is devastating at short and medium ranges with a slow reload time, supported by heavily armored shock troops and durable vehicles and aircraft that also have the highest damage per shot in the game, but lower magazine sizes. They are fighting for freedom, rather than duty or technology. 

Vanu Sovereignty
- Balanced Guns
- Balanced Vehicles
- Very Agile.
The Vanu Sovereignty believes that only through the mysterious power of ancient technology can humanity truly evolve its next state of existence. They are an advanced and cunning faction, employing powerful alien technology on the battlefield. Their singular purpose is to uncover the secrets hidden away in ancient artifacts scattered over the surface of Auraxis, and they annihilate anyone who interferes with their progress. Their colors are purple and green. Vanu employ advanced plasma and laser technology on the battlefield, distinguished by lack of bullet drop, high accuracy, and low recoil, as well as highly maneuverable hovering tanks and Empire Specific Fighters. 

Additional Details
The name of the game is simple, three factions battle for territory over a single map. What we'll be doing is joining the same server and faction (hence the voting). We'll then create our own outfit (Planetside 2's equivelant of a clan) so we can all get together. Then, once we get into the game, we will create a platoon (our group that will be fighting for resources and territory). Each platoon is broken into squads of four, and each squad has 12 players. 

For voice/chat, we will be utilizing PlanetSides in-game system to communicate. Each squad has their separate voice chats. But of course you have platoon chat where you can cross-chat between squads. 

RealKilla_789 has offered to stream the game night since there is both Youtube and Twitch integration in the game. RealKilla_789 may also be offering up a tutorial video to help out those who are not experienced with what PlanetSide 2 has to offer. 

Finally, should the turn out be fruitful we can consider creating an emblem to commemorate the occasion. 

Scalper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2 Scalper
Member since 2002 • 437 Posts
I have never played this game. But I should be good to go at game time! I have no idea what faction to pick.
JP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 JP_
Member since 2007 • 12875 Posts
I will be there.  RecheeJ will have help with it as I already gotten a bit used to the game.  But still Contact Realkilla2 via pm or via steam 
RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#4 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts

I have never played this game. But I should be good to go at game time! I have no idea what faction to pick.Scalper

It's an extremely fun game.

JP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 JP_
Member since 2007 • 12875 Posts

[QUOTE="Scalper"]I have never played this game. But I should be good to go at game time! I have no idea what faction to pick.RealKilla_789

It's an extremely fun game.

To fun lol :P 

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts
Oh I love Planetside 2! :D ...But is this gonna be only on the US server? :(
RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RealKilla_789

Oh I love Planetside 2! :D ...But is this gonna be only on the US server? :(harry_james_pot

We might be able to play on an EU or AU server. Depends on the turnout.

Halloll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Halloll
Member since 2006 • 939 Posts
I'm wondering which servers will you play at, also stop picking Vanu people, their faction wear super tight spandex, go with New Conglomarets.
June-GS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 June-GS
Member since 2003 • 448 Posts

Umm, well, why not? Always did wanna try Planetside 2, but most of my friends IRL never did, for some reason...

Anywayz. But wait, if I created an account or character or whatever on--let's say AU--but the community goes for the US server, or vice versa, how's that gonna work? Can I transfer back and forth between servers (easily)?

RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RealKilla_789

Umm, well, why not? Always did wanna try Planetside 2, but most of my friends IRL never did, for some reason...

Anywayz. But wait, if I created an account or character or whatever on--let's say AU--but the community goes for the US server, or vice versa, how's that gonna work? Can I transfer back and forth between servers (easily)?

June-GS

You're character is tied to the server. So yes, if you want to go to new server, you'll have to create new character.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

[QUOTE="harry_james_pot"]Oh I love Planetside 2! :D ...But is this gonna be only on the US server? :(RealKilla_789

We might be able to play on an EU or AU server. Depends on the turnout.

Cool. An EU server would be awesome. If it ends up being US only, I'll join anyway. But my ping will be horrible. :P
June-GS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 June-GS
[QUOTE="June-GS"]

RealKilla_789

You're character is tied to the server. So yes, if you want to go to new server, you'll have to create new character.

Hmm, that's too bad then. I don't wanna create AND develop new characters repeatedly on different servers.

But thanks anyway.

RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RealKilla_789

Hmm, that's too bad then. I don't wanna create AND develop new characters repeatedly on different servers.

But thanks anyway.

June-GS

Come on only for a night! I have a level 25 character and I'm starting over for the game night. It'll be fun.

June-GS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 June-GS

LOL. Ok, my big sis & I will see if we can make it. So we're all gonna be LOWBIES there then? But it's not even decided what faction AND server we're ALL goin for, sigh...

BTW, I know there's a tutorial above, but if we DO make it, are we gonna have some kind of... IDK... "training day" before the big fight? Ya know, some sorta boot camp, if you will. I mean, tutorial videos are fine and all, but just like real-world militaries, actual training is WAY better. Ya know, for command & communications, cover, fire & movement & other tactical training. Hell, you can even be our very own potty-mouthed drill sergeant! LAWL. Or are we just gonna rush in there, yellin' and guns blazin' like an Army of OMAs with our heads cut off?  LOL  :lol:

June-GS

RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RealKilla_789
Whoops, accidently edited your post instead of replying. I do stupid things sometimes when I wake up early.

Anyways, yea there will be some type of crash course. I also suggest people play a few games before the game night. That'll be in the next telegram.
June-GS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 June-GS

Whoops, accidently edited your post instead of replying. I do stupid things sometimes when I wake up early.

Anyways, yea there will be some type of crash course. I also suggest people play a few games before the game night. That'll be in the next telegram.RealKilla_789

No wonder I saw an Edited tag. Heh, no problem mate, it happens. At least you reverted everything back, I think. LOL

Aight, just alert us the training day so we'll join if we can.

Elk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 3

#18 Elk
Member since 2002 • 476 Posts

Did I miss the training day? I don't know how to Planetside.

We already have a guy who's doing streaming? *feels unneeded* Hey that means I get to play in this one! :D 

zanelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#19 zanelli  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts
I think I can join for this... though I'm not happy to be playing as the Vanu, NC for life.

I'm sure I can give a hand with training as well, if needed.
LightEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 LightEffect
Member since 2012 • 63 Posts
I might be a little late because work but I will be joining for sure!!
thebamboozle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 thebamboozle
Member since 2013 • 33 Posts
Never played before, looks fun. Where do I sign up?! :D
digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

Never played before, looks fun. Where do I sign up?! :Dthebamboozle

Right here of course!  

Elk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Elk

Hey Guys, I just heard from Synthia and she sends her regrets, but she doesn't believe she going to make it to the game night tonight.

Fortunately we've got RealKilla_789 here to guide us though the world of PlanetSide.

As a reminder, he's running the chat and stream over at http://www.twitch.tv/realkilla_789 and we start in an hour, so go get the game if you haven't already!

RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RealKilla_789
Don't forget to create a twitch account then join live stream linked in first post!
Elk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Elk

We had some fun!

The streaming went kinda sideways but I managed to get some footage over on http://www.twitch.tv/themadelk 

zanelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 zanelli  Moderator
Yeah had a great time. I was a bit out of practice but got some cracking kills in my tanks and that end battle when we got locked inside the shields was crazy. :)
LightEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 LightEffect
Member since 2012 • 63 Posts
Im so bummed I missed it :( Work went way longer than I thought it would...
puff003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#30 puff003
Member since 2004 • 287 Posts
thanks for the great time guys 
thebamboozle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 thebamboozle
Member since 2013 • 33 Posts
Gah, massive thunderstorm knocked out my power around 11:30est. At least I've got a grasp of the game now after being destroyed so much. :lol:
RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 RealKilla_789
Thanks guys for coming out! Had a good time.
zanelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 zanelli  Moderator

We had some fun!

The streaming went kinda sideways but I managed to get some footage over on http://www.twitch.tv/themadelk 

Elk

I've watched the videos and thanks for the air support when I was in the Magride, I would have told you to bail out when I did, but my voice chat had completely bugged. I couldn't hear what anyone was saying. So I had no idea Realkilla_789 was telling me to get a Galaxy, I just sort of guessed that was the plan. Good thing I know how to fly one of them boats haha.

I managed to go from battle rank 1 to 8 in that sitting, so I feel I did fairly well. It was fun and we'll have to do it again sometime.
RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RealKilla_789
I had gotten a lot of footage from youtube. But I was so tired when I got off the game I forgot to click, "end video" so it did not save any of it..
Elk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Elk

I had gotten a lot of footage from youtube. But I was so tired when I got off the game I forgot to click, "end video" so it did not save any of it..RealKilla_789

Oh man that's terrible :(