youtube girl gamers...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kiracastle (1 posts) -
Hey guys Ive just joined the craze of youtubing games. My friend and I (both girls) have been gamers since we where both in primary school together. Shes been doing this for longer than me but ive finally decided to set one up. Can I get your thoughts on how my channel is looking? Im a bit new but I want to bring consistent good videos...so yeah, please subscribe if you like :) If you have a gaming channel, id love to check it out. http://www.youtube.com/user/Kiracastle?feature=mhee Thanks for your help
#2 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
Girls? Gaming? LOL yeah right.
#7 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
if you are one of the people that watches other people play games on the internet wouldnt you want to watch good players play not someone that admits they just started or... nah ??? ok
#9 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

Inb4 lock.

If you really want people here to watch your videos, you are gonna have to have face time in them instead of just playing them.

#12 Posted by PyreofKoL (5826 posts) -
[QUOTE="kiracastle"]Hey guys Ive just joined the craze of youtubing games. My friend and I (both girls) have been gamers since we where both in primary school together. Shes been doing this for longer than me but ive finally decided to set one up. Can I get your thoughts on how my channel is looking? Im a bit new but I want to bring consistent good videos...so yeah, please subscribe if you like :) If you have a gaming channel, id love to check it out. http://www.youtube.com/user/Kiracastle?feature=mhee Thanks for your help

Let me begin by saying that your accent is lovely. Aside of that, well done. It's nothing earth shattering in gaming video blogs, but I do enjoy a good gaming video and yours are pretty good.
#18 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -

The sad part is people WILL only watch these because she's a girl.

It's like when girl doing a guitar cover gets about 500,000 to 1 million views, even though she's mediocre, and some other guy who's much more talented gets about 500 views.

#19 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13598 posts) -

Girl Gamer.

Console.

Casual.

#21 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34144 posts) -

I'm sure your videos will be of top quality and very informative and analytical on the state of the video game industry.

#22 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -

I'm sure your videos will be of top quality and very informative and analytical on the state of the video game industry.

DJ-Lafleur
I love you for that comment.
#25 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

Wonder why people choose to advertise here of all places.

#26 Posted by GazaAli (22536 posts) -
Girl gamer, that phrase irritates me so fudging much.
#28 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

It's like when girl doing a guitar cover gets about 500,000 to 1 million views, even though she's mediocre, and some other guy who's much more talented gets about 500 views.

meconate

It's all about the videos thumbnail, I assure you.

Thumbnail related to the subject of the video = 1,000 - 100,000 views
Thumbnail clearly showing cleavage = 500,000 - 1,000,000,000 views

#30 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -

This topic was in the wrong forum so I've moved it over to Primary Games Discussion.

Thanks for sharing the link and be sure to post regularly to gain post count. People don't like drive by shootings (pasting a url but not sticking around in the community).

#31 Posted by PetJel (3722 posts) -

Two Breast Friends

Wait, what?

#33 Posted by HipHopBeats (2874 posts) -

[QUOTE="meconate"]

sune_Gem

It's all about the videos thumbnail, I assure you.

Thumbnail related to the subject of the video = 1,000 - 100,000 views
Thumbnail clearly showing cleavage = 500,000 - 1,000,000,000 views

Lol, very true. Sex sells and always gets the most attention. I have nothing against females doing anything but they limit themselves by stating they're a girl gamer or a girl whatever. Why not just be a gamer or whatever it is and let people decide from there?

#34 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

Holy crap this thread came back to haunt me in another section of the forums. Inb4:"OMG ALL GURL GAMERS ALWAYS WANTING ATTENTION BLAAAAH STAWPIT!"

Though I gotta agree with some of the people who've already posted. You don't have to capitalize the fact that you're a girl so much, just be gamers and post good videos.

#36 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Holy crap this thread came back to haunt me in another section of the forums. Inb4:"OMG ALL GURL GAMERS ALWAYS WANTING ATTENTION BLAAAAH STAWPIT!"

Though I gotta agree with some of the people who've already posted. You don't have to capitalize the fact that you're a girl so much, just be gamers and post good videos.

Lucky_Krystal

^This, this, and did I mention this?

#37 Posted by PsychoLemons (2044 posts) -

What?

#38 Posted by wavey_gravey (11155 posts) -

Girl Gamer.

Console.

Casual.

GummiRaccoon
If you had bothered to look she says she plays mostly on her PC....so.
#39 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -
Don't do top 10s / insert number. Or Let's Play's; unless you somehow work out an interesting spin on the tired formula. Talk about something specific in gaming you like and you're knowledgeable about; interesting content is what saves good gaming channels from being part of the horrible deluge of bad gaming channels on YouTube, consisting of people who either scream into their microphones or people generally rambling or thinking their opinion through a mic carries some sort of weight. So yeah, that. And first and foremost; what the others said about using your gender for self promotion, you're not special because of it.