Your wallet will hurt during October fellow gamers

• 64 results
#1 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73000 posts) -

October 3: Super Smash Bros. (3DS)

October 5: Skylanders: Trap Team

October 7: Alien: Isolation / Dragon Age: Inquisition / Driveclub / Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor / NBA 2k15 / NBA Live 15

October 14: Borderlands: The Presequel / Raven's Cry

October 21: Battlefield Hardline, Evolve, Fantasia: Music Evolved, Just Dance 2015, The Evil Within

October 24: Civilization: Beyond Earth, Fantasy Life

October 28: Assassin's Creed Unity, Sunset Overdrive, WWE 2K15

So what will you get :P?

#2 Posted by SovietsUnited (2345 posts) -

Looking forward to Alien: Isolation and LotR
Raven's Cry seems interesting as well, we'll see how it fares

#3 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (14694 posts) -

Only 2 games... Looks like my wallet will be just fine ! :)

#4 Posted by Nikore (66 posts) -

Very true, lots of great games just around the corner. If I have to pick one, it's gotta be Dragon Age: Inquisition. I absolutely love DA: Origins, and have been waiting for a worthy sequel for years. (Let's just forget about that "holding pattern cash-grab" that briefly tricked us all a few years back...)

Runners up have got to be Alien: Isolation and Evolve. Maybe I'm just blindly optimistic, but I still have faith that we'll get a good Alien game this millennium. I think the whole survival horror genre is a terrific way to approach the franchise, as opposed to being a gun-toting meathead effortlessly mowing down hordes of aliens. On the other hand, Evolve might just be the thing to get me back into multiplayer FPS games. I like that you need to work together if you want to take down a monster. Of course, if you want to do the lone-wolf thing, you can reign terror as Cthul- err, the Kraken. It almost reminds me of those 3v1 mini games from the early Mario Party days, only with more in-game violence and less real-life violence between me and my siblings.

#5 Posted by Jacanuk (5031 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

October 7: Alien: Isolation / Dragon Age: Inquisition / Driveclub / Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor / NBA 2k15 / NBA Live 15

October 21: Battlefield Hardline, Evolve, Fantasia: Music Evolved, Just Dance 2015, The Evil Within

Out of those games i will get the AAA games that comes for pc particular the Civ Beyond Earth, Hardline, Dragonss Age and of course Unity.

Hopefully Ubisoft wont make a absolute mess out of that like with Watch Dogs.

#6 Edited by Bigboi500 (30328 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

Dragon Age: Inquisition, PS+ version of Driveclub (might upgrade if I like it), Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, Evolve, Assassin's Creed Unity.

#7 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73000 posts) -

@Jacanuk: I'm going to get Shadow of Mordor, Dragon Age, Driveclub, AC Unity and NBA 2k15

#8 Posted by xHeyCharliex (5 posts) -

This my friend, is true. I'm mostly looking forward to Super Smash Bros and Destiny in the future.

#9 Posted by byof_america (1408 posts) -

Dragon Age:Inquisition and the Civilization game are looking mighty sexy. Too bad school and bills are sucking me dry :(

#10 Posted by Behardy24 (4753 posts) -

Probably none. Currently going through my backlog so I don't got time to buy and play new games. I'll pick'em up when the prices drop drastically.

#11 Posted by marcheegsr (2912 posts) -

Damn didn't realize all those games are coming out in October.

I am getting Drive club (PS Plus version to try it out first), Dragon age Aq, Battlefield Hardline, The Evil within and AC Unity for sure.

Still on the fence about Evolve.

#12 Edited by JamesJoule (182 posts) -

dragon age inquisition and maybe borderlands are day 1 ... for other will wait and c how good they are

#13 Posted by sukraj (23243 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk: I'm going to get Shadow of Mordor, Dragon Age, Driveclub, AC Unity and NBA 2k15

How long will it take u to complete all your games bruv.

#14 Posted by Metamania (12021 posts) -

The only two games I'm getting in October is Shadow Of Mordor (paid off and pre-ordered) and AC Unity (which I've pre-ordered already on Amazon. Getting the Collector's Edition). So I'll be set by the time October rolls around! I still haven't decided on Dragon Age Inquisition though.

#15 Edited by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

My birthday is on October 8. Somebody needs to gift me at least one of those games or I'm rioting.

EDIT: except for NBA 2k 15, NBA Live 15 and Driveclub.

#16 Posted by Tokeism (2340 posts) -

Maybe

• Smas Bros.
  • Dragon Age: Inquistion
  • Shadow of Mordor
  • Evolve
  • ACU

Getting

• Borderlands: The Presequel
  • Clivilization BE

Could cost a bit but it will depend on reviews and friends opinions

#17 Posted by Heirren (17780 posts) -

Makes no sense to buy October releases when a month later you can get em half price on Amazon/black friday deals.

#18 Posted by Archangel3371 (15838 posts) -

Right now I'm planning on getting:

• Dragon Age: Inquisition
  • The Evil Within
  • Assassinis Creed: Unity
  • Sunset Overdrive

Evolve and WWE2K15 are possibilities.

#19 Posted by Mesomorphin (826 posts) -

OH my god...what the fuck! seriously why would developers/publishers stack their games up like that, its going to majorly effect sales...On topic, if my wallet will allow I will aim to get

Alien Isolation, Dragon Age, Middle Earth, Evolve, The Evil within, Assassins creed and Sunset Overdrive ( GOD who isnt getting that game! )

Then again, If I happen to skip on a few for a few months I'am sure I will sleep fine.

#20 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73000 posts) -

@mesomorphin: I've been asking that myself, September also looks bad with games like FIFA and other big titles. They haven't planned this properly. Some of them should have delayed it to november and wait for the sales for the other games to cool off

#21 Edited by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

There's only 1 or maybe 2 games that are worth my money (Alien: Isolation, Shadows of Mordor) and that's only if they don't turn out to be crap due to the bullshit PR and hype (lies). I'll be just fine I think, most of them I have no excitement for.

#22 Edited by HipHopBeats (2914 posts) -

Inquisition, Middle Earth and The Evil Within for me. Unity is a 'wait and see' game for me. So far I'm not impressed with the reveal.

Ubisoft equals quantity over quality and I'm just about done supporting their overhyped games and shady tactics. Phantom Pain is top on my list though.

#23 Edited by The_Last_Ride (73000 posts) -

@HipHopBeats: I really liked AC Black Flag, so i am going to get this game

#25 Posted by HailtotheQueen (283 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

Not really. I am only buying Alien, Shadow of Mordor and Evolve. I'm skipping Battlefield this time after the BF4 disaster.

#26 Posted by HipHopBeats (2914 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: Black Flag was alright. Definitely better than AC 3's crap. But like with recent Ubisoft games (Watch Dogs included) Black Flag has tons of things to do but they all get boring and eventually unrewarding.

I just wish Ubisoft would stop with the stupid 'Simon Says' text pop ups, timed segments, and leave the map unopened for you to discover instead of laying everything out for you soon as you play the game. It's like Ubisoft tries to hard to appeal to everyone instead of perfecting things that made AC 2 stand out when it launched.

#27 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73000 posts) -

@HipHopBeats said:

@The_Last_Ride: Black Flag was alright. Definitely better than AC 3's crap. But like with recent Ubisoft games (Watch Dogs included) Black Flag has tons of things to do but they all get boring and eventually unrewarding.

I just wish Ubisoft would stop with the stupid 'Simon Says' text pop ups, timed segments, and leave the map unopened for you to discover instead of laying everything out for you soon as you play the game. It's like Ubisoft tries to hard to appeal to everyone instead of perfecting things that made AC 2 stand out when it launched.

I don't really mind them tbh. AC III had issues because of the new engine. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. The end was crap though. I still think AC IV was the best AC game imho. Watch Dogs is also pretty awesome. Is it perfect, fuck no. But it's great imho

#28 Edited by SoNin360 (5567 posts) -

No real intention or rush to play any of those games. I'll probably end up playing Borderlands at some point. Same goes for Drive Club since it's supposed to have that PS+ version. Not interested in Assassin's Creed anymore, though I'm still tempted to play Black Flag. The others I have no interest or the necessary platform to play them on.

#29 Edited by yngsten (242 posts) -

Since I most likely will do every possible outcome in DA: Inquisition I'm set until Witcher 3, Shadow of Mordor will be a steam sale, and so will AC: Unity if it's good that is. Hardline ain't getting a dime from me.

#30 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73000 posts) -

@SoNin360: what :o? None of them at all :o?

#31 Posted by voxday (21 posts) -

Uh... maybe one. Probably none.

#32 Edited by Kevlar101 (6372 posts) -
  • Alien: Isolation
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition
  • Middle Earth: Shadow Of Mordor
  • The Evil Within
  • Assassin's Creed: Unity
#33 Posted by syztem (7705 posts) -

Hm, I have a lot of games pre-ordered this year but I guess Smash is the only one in October. Maybe Guilty Gear will sneak in there?

#34 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73000 posts) -

@Kevlar101: A lot of love for Alien

#35 Edited by HipHopBeats (2914 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@HipHopBeats said:

I don't really mind them tbh. AC III had issues because of the new engine. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. The end was crap though. I still think AC IV was the best AC game imho. Watch Dogs is also pretty awesome. Is it perfect, fuck no. But it's great imho

Ubisoft really dropped the ball with Online Invasions in Watch Dogs. Due to the exploits and sore losers who hit the reset button on their console when you're 99% done hacking them, it's pretty much pointless to play it since everyone knows you're invading their game and the perks suck anyway.

The purple circle on the game map that tells players exactly where you are? Wtf? Lol! Not to mention the fact Ubisoft decided to punish any player who chooses to disable Online Invasions.

There are numerous complaints about this on Ubi forums, but it seems devs are turning a deaf ear to the issues and are pumping out bullshit DLC with more convoy missions and new colored clothes they call 'outfits'.

#36 Edited by CTR360 (7174 posts) -

alien isolation dragon age 3 nba 2k15 ac unity evil whtin for my ps4 on borderlands pre sequel for 360 on october i hope i have enoogh money on late this year for the rest middle earth shdoe mordor and nba live 2015 for ps4

#37 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73000 posts) -

@HipHopBeats: You can just turn them off you know, it's optional. They tried something new. It's not perfect, but good enough for me

#38 Posted by Shmiity (5175 posts) -

Damn. Alien Iso, Dragon Age, and LOTR are all the same day? Fuck me

#39 Edited by sukraj (23243 posts) -

All I'm buying this October is AC Unity.

#40 Posted by Planeforger (15848 posts) -

I might buy Smash Bros and the new Civilisation game. The rest look pretty blah to me.

#41 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (8059 posts) -

The only one of those I'm buying for sure is Dragon Age.

My wallet will hurt more in September with the Destiny PS4 bundle.

#42 Posted by mastermetal777 (1936 posts) -

The Evil Within, Dragon Age: Inquisition, and Assassin's Creed: Unity are on my list for October purchases. Don't know how I'll manage it, but I'll figure something out XD

#43 Posted by Senor_Kami (8437 posts) -

I came in to snark, but Dragon Age and Civilization are must buys.

#44 Posted by mariokarthero (201 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: Definitely saving up for Smash 4 3DS!!!

#45 Edited by iTrueColors (47 posts) -

Im gonna be playing a lot of Destiny and Evolve

#46 Edited by jasonredemption (366 posts) -

I will get LotR: Shadow of Mordor and Assassins Creed: Unity. Dragon Age and Drive Club will go on my Black Friday / Christmas wish list.

#47 Posted by guynamedbilly (12967 posts) -

Only Middle Earth, Driveclub and maybe, but probably not, Evolve. Later on, Super Smash Bros, Alien:Isolation, Dragon Age, The Evil Within, and Civilization. Get to fill up my wishlist again.

#48 Posted by Mercuria1_King (276 posts) -

The fall will be a good time to be a gamer, it's a shame that our wallets will be hurting afterwards.

#49 Posted by trollop_scat (2653 posts) -

@Kevlar101 said:
  • Alien: Isolation
  • Middle Earth: Shadow Of Mordor
  • The Evil Within

I'm late to the thread, was gonna post ^that...

#50 Posted by vicky_john1 (203 posts) -

Ahh. You forgot GTA 5 PC coming this oct or nov 2014...