Your Scariest moment in Gaming.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Warship_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Warship_19
Member since 2010 • 1565 Posts

I'm fairly new at horror games but just recently I picked up Dead Space. Now I know survial Horror.

I was about to round a corner and in a mili second a GiantTentacle flew in around the cornercausing me to nearly fall out of my chair. Im only on chapter four and Im sure there's more to come.

What has been your scariest moment/ Scariest game you've played.

FFadikt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FFadikt
Member since 2007 • 743 Posts

Probably a lot of things from Silent Hill 4: The Room. It's my least favorite out of the series but I do admit there are some frightening moments in there (the hauntings).

Avatar image for ChrisSpartan117
ChrisSpartan117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ChrisSpartan117
Member since 2008 • 4519 Posts

How about the entire Fatal Frame series. Here's two moments:

In either the first or second one, there's a window with a curtain by it. If you look outside it with the camera, a child's face will show up suddenly.

In the third one, your house becomes a center for scares, like when you're in your bedroom, there's one time where the camera angle hints that there's something under your desk, and if you get near it, it lunges for you, and then disappears. And there's one time where you walk by the bathroom, and see the showercurtain closed, and you can see a pair of feet underneath, inside the shower. Nothing happens, but it's what's implied by scenes that never happens that tend to scare me, because that's when paranoia gets the better of me.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22369 Posts
When my 360 first got the RROD!!!!!!!
Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
The cut scene in RE when the white zombie is eating somebody and then it turns around, I had not seen CG like that on a videogame console back then so I was not expecting it, scared me half to death I tell ya.
TheFearI95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheFearI95
Member since 2009 • 127 Posts

I'd say one moment in Left 4 Dead 2. I got the demo for the PC the day it came out so I didn't know what to expect. But I was walikng through the hedges and it's all silent, i don't hear a THING! But I felt it was aufly quiet for such a long time. So I turn around, nothings there. I walk forward and turn a left corner and still nothing there. So I hit the wuick turn button and as SOON as I do I see the spitter and at the EXACT same time I see her I here her growl and then the charger comes RAMMING THROUGH the hedges and shoved me into the wall. HOLY CRAP!!!!!! I SWEAR I almost kicked my labtop off the STAND! The spitter scared me to death and since that wasn't enough I got slammed by the charger and he made no noise untill he made contact with me, but that sound was SOOO loud. I think first person view game especially survival horror are alot more fun and scarry on the pc because it feels like ur right in the game because it's so much closer to you and the graphics are just stunning now.

If you don't like to read alot read the short story here:

I turned around quickly and I saw the spitter and at the EXACT same time I saw her the charger rammed through the hedges and he mad like the loudest screach EVER!

lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lordreaven
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts

In STALKER, my first bloodsucker encounter. I was helping defend a abandoned factory against Bandits, and it was night time.

So while waiting for them i heard gunfire themy PDA said all bandits weer killed, i thought to myself "I ******* own" then i heard more gunfire coming from inside the facility. "ok, a few non quest banits survived, i'll deal with them" i thought. So i go down to were the gun fire was and found no bandit bodies but a buunch of dead loners. So i here more gun fire coming from were i was before (the third floor of this factory/office building was a camp) and find most of the loners dead, i sawthe restrunning down the stairs to the outside were the partols the lonershad ha died without gunfire. So as i'm following they guys i turn around to see a bloodsucker and i shoot it (shotgun to the face) i turn around to find the loners in front of me got killed by 2 more blood suckers and they went invisible so i shoot like a mad man (i pegged on in the head will blind fireing) so i'm running to get my *** out of theer and i find a bloodsucker at teh front agte so i shoot it, kill it and have to reload, only to have the last one kill me from behind.

My best gaming moment ever.

DeanG642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 DeanG642
Member since 2009 • 595 Posts
Hrm.... When I was Playing Metro 2033, I had one gun, and maybe 10 bullets left in it. Me and my companion were on our way to the next station. We had just been in a large battle with those nosalises and were low on ammo. He opened a door and was headed down the stairs. I took a quick look behind me only to see at least 10 nosalises sprinting at us in the distance, but my companion failed to notice them. He just waltzed down the stairs. I knew if I ran, they would kill us from behind when we least expected it, and I couldnt stay and fight because of my lack of ammo. Such high tension. And then there was the part not long after that when you walk down a Hallway on the surface and the Humanoid things appears and zooms off. I fell off my bed...
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Either Condemned: Criminal Origins or the Fatal Frame series.
face_ripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 face_ripper
Member since 2010 • 968 Posts

Dead Space isn't all that scary. And infact my scariest moment in gaming is while playing Dead Space.

If you nearly fell from your chair while seeing that tentacle, you'll definatly fall when seeing the scariest thing. I wont spoil it for you.

joesh89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 308

#11 joesh89
Member since 2008 • 8489 Posts

Pyramid Head raping mannequins in Silent Hill 2... I was like "wtf :|"

_Dez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 _Dez_
Member since 2006 • 2398 Posts

Getting a dirty disc error on my PS2. It's horrifying. That and having your dog knock the system over, with the system still on... gah!

I think I have to give a nice shout out to the first Silent Hill's intro. Walking into the series with a "Resident Evil" mentality led me to believe that this would be a predictable and easily to understand story. I think it was when I started walking down that alleyway and the camera started to go all loopy on you, this was something much different than what I was used to for horror games. The opening part of this game still remains as one of my favorite scary moments of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=952NoFhRBGA#t=3m

quichebomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 quichebomb
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts

The cut scene in RE when the white zombie is eating somebody and then it turns around, I had not seen CG like that on a videogame console back then so I was not expecting it, scared me half to death I tell ya.Im_single

That would have been Resident Evil 1 REmake on the Gamecube(theres a wii version as well). That freaked me out to.

Avatar image for ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
Member since 2007 • 1987 Posts

I am going back and playing dead space again and it freaks me the hell out still LMAO.

The lighting, the camera, the sounds, dudes jumping out from all over, i shot the guy 4 times he is lying on the ground motionless lets see what he dropped OH SH*T HE IS STILL ALIVE!!!

eh-ut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 eh-ut
Member since 2009 • 563 Posts
When i fight against with nemesis on Resident Evil.
AngelicAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AngelicAvenger
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

In Resident Evil 1 when the dogs jump through the windows. I'm ashamed to say I fell for it again in Resident Evil 2 when the licker jumps through the two-way mirror in the interrogation room. I thought to myself "nah, that's too predictable they wouldn't do that again." BOOM! Licker in my face. D;

yugiohfan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 yugiohfan99
Member since 2006 • 4298 Posts

Anything in Fatal Frame 2.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts
the rabies bear scene from Condemned 2 comes to mind, Dead Space though has to be my favorite from beginning to end
Warship_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Warship_19
Member since 2010 • 1565 Posts

I am going back and playing dead space again and it freaks me the hell out still LMAO.

The lighting, the camera, the sounds, dudes jumping out from all over, i shot the guy 4 times he is lying on the ground motionless lets see what he dropped OH SH*T HE IS STILL ALIVE!!!

ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

That is exactly why it is the scariest game I have ever played.

8bitViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 8bitViking
Member since 2007 • 117 Posts

1st time I saw the giant spiders in RE on the PS - filled me pants.

Almost as scary as the voice acting and loading times in the game itself!

As others have mentioned, Fatal Frame series makes you jump alot!

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

Never play horror game I don't like getting scared. Scariest moment though? Friggin' Doom 3 especially the first hour. You got no fancy guns and you didn't know when they were gonna pop up on you.

SteverXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SteverXIII
Member since 2010 • 3795 Posts

When I played Halo 3 for the first time. Seriously, I got scared.

Jordo321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jordo321
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
-FEAR demo back then, going down the ladder and as you turn around (completely defenseless) you see Alma standing over you -FEAR2, school bathroom, I don't know why bathrooms always freak me out in horror games. This game is the worst because the light is flickering really fast and there's blood all over the floor. -When I was young, playing Half Life 1. Was crawling in a vent, I turn on my flashlight, WEEEAAAAAAA, there's a headcrab an inch away from my face lunging at me. All I see is teeth. -Stalker, first bloodsucker encounter. In some dark area, I turn around...WUUAHHH. Encounters after that are always fun, I have to find a corner and refuse to blink as I wait for it LOL
reason58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 reason58
Member since 2003 • 355 Posts

Encountering SHODAN for the first time in System Shock 2.

When the dog bursts through the window near the start of Resident Evil 1.

When you start to climb down a ladder in F.E.A.R. 1 and catch a glimpse of someone standing there.

kaskus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kaskus
Member since 2007 • 717 Posts
scariest? every time i step on the last level before the game end
Melkari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Melkari
Member since 2004 • 595 Posts

There's a little closet type place behind a curtain in one of the mansions in Fatal Frame 2, which doesn't seem like there's anything in it, but if you go into viewfinder mode and look through this little tiny window outside, and just wait a couple seconds, this child's hands suddenly grab the sill and his face pops up right in front of you super fast. It doesn't even do the jarring sound trick, it's just so sudden and unexpected that anyone I've watched do it has pretty much launched the controller across the room and jumped up on the couch. That one got me good.

However, hearing and being pursued by Pyramid Head in the labyrinth under the prison in Silent Hill 2 was probably the most disturbing thing to happen in a game. It was absolutely terrifying while it was happening, and days after finishing the game, that sequence started creeping into my dreams and even into daydreams while I was awake. The featureless, ashen hallways that go nowhere, in extreme darkness, miles below the Earth, being tracked by the most menacing and disturbing entity I can think of, really got into my subconscious. Big hotels are kinda creepy now just because of that. The way the hallways are just the same repeating pattern, stretching waaaay down...

ANlMOSITY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ANlMOSITY
Member since 2010 • 701 Posts
The scariest moment I've ever experienced in gaming was when I first played Dead Space and I saw a dead zombie infected thing and I just kept walking and it jumped up and beat the **** out of me, the **** was just playing dead!
Alex3796

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 1

#28 Alex3796
Member since 2009 • 2669 Posts

Don't laugh. But it was a couple weeks ago when I was playing COD4. I turned around and there was an enemy player right there and he killed me. I was not expecting that, I freakin' fell off the couch. Wowza.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

I thought I'd be immune to getting scared or freaked out by any game, but it took a little arcade download game, Limbo, to scare the crap out of me when a giant spider killed me!

:o :cry:
johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
RE1 was scary specially the remade version for gamecube with the crimson heads running after me i swear i almost you know what and the sound track just made the game more scary. Fatal frame the guy who says rope rope all the time was scary and i didnt sleep at night because of the scary cutscenes and also fatal frame 2. Dead space wasnt scary at all. Siren on the ps2 and ps3 the shibito and the darkness and hiding in the darkness this is my most scariest game of all time im 18 and i have it and finished it last year and since last year. just try siren on ps3 or fatal frame on the ps3 and the latest on the wii.
SirMordredX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#31 SirMordredX
Member since 2009 • 326 Posts

I think it was STALKER, when I was at the "abandoned" farm at midnight, trying to find my way back to the Duty Camp; when I saw this invisible shape move across the screen outside of the house I had wondered into. Shortly after, the boarded windows started cracking, and these horrific wails came screeching from everywhere. I tried to escape at the top of the lighthouse, but they followed me...shortly thereafter I became their next meal. RIP Marked One.

Another was in Oblivion using the "StarX Vampires mod" + the dark-dungeons add-on. So terrifying. They all want your blood and I had run out of torches. So freaky.

Avatar image for yesterdayaugust
yesterdayaugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 yesterdayaugust
Member since 2007 • 38 Posts

first time running into Nemesis in Resident Evil 3...terrified the poop out of me

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#33 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Those **** dogs from Resident Evil 1.

You pass by the first two windows in that narrow hallway and BAM! The glasses crashes to the ground as the dogs leap through. That made me almost drop my controller and fumbling around with it before I could calm myself down and shoot them.

pengo93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 pengo93
Member since 2009 • 2005 Posts

The other day I was playing Darksiders on Apocalyptic difficulty trying to get all the collectables for trophies, plus I nearly finished it, only to accidently save over the file with a new one. a whole week's worth of playing gone.

But actually fearful? When I was 4 years old I played Resident Evil; the cutscene with the zombie chewing of the guys head made me hide under the chair. But these days I don't get scared much, the most recent spook would be Dementium on the DS. Just walking down a long corridor when I hear this incredibly loud shreiking noise and two banshees come flying at me like bats outta hell and kill me before I can even get a proper look at them. But seriously though, I find games like Dead Space to be waaaay overrated.

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts
The first time I met a necromorph playing dead in Dead Space. That scared the crap out of me. Totally didn't see that coming.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I tend to block out my experiences with System Shock 2... so from what I remember, probably two events in STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl.

The first, and scariest, was probably when I was in a sewer, slowly making my way along, only to hear a Bloodsucker off in the distance. Knowing that those mother****ers are completely invisible and can sneak up behind you quite easily, I made my way around the room with my back to the wall and my sawed-off loaded with slugs in front of me. After making it near the end of the room, I see off back where I came from, a visible Bloodsucker that was in the middle of the room looking around... then, as I was turning a corner around a post, BAM, second Bloodsucker right in my face. I was wearing headphones at the time, and was caught entirely off guard. Any more jump from my body and I would have fallen out of my chair.

As for "unsettling" moments, that is, not jump-scary (like most horror games think "scary" is about), came when I first entered the Lab X18. The combination of the ambient music, the emptiness and the eventual lifting and tossing of boxes by an unseen force put me off playing the game for a couple months. I ran out of the lab, saved and turned the game off, only to come back about three months later, trudge in there, blast some Snorks and eventually meet up with a Flesh deep inside the lab. And then went on to finish the game (and get one of the worst endings :?).

Either way... no game has ever scared or unsettled me as much as STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl (or System Shock 2, its been about 3years and I've still to go back to it). Games like Dead Space, Resident Evil 4 and all these other so-called "horror" games are just a misrepresentation of the genre of horror. Horror is about dread, not being startled. You are supposed to not want to move forwards, you are supposed to be forced to run in fear from everything around you... having grotesque creatures constantly jumping out at you isn't "horror." Which is probably why I find Doom 3 almost comical sometimes.

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
The whole Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi playthrough.
Mogotoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Mogotoo
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

I don't play horror games. So I'm going to have to go with Metroid Primes 1 and 3.

MP1 has two parrticular moments, The first is when you first get the Thermal Visor. The room goes dark, and a Shadow Pirate falls down right in front of you. The first time it happened I nearly died because I didn't know to use the thermal visor.

The second moment is going into the Sunchamber. By then the whole of Chozo Ruins is filled with ghosts. In the corridors beforehand, you can hear the ghosts' cries, and you even see a glimpse of one ghost in a corridor. I hate going through that area every time.

As for Metroid Prime 3, there's a far-off section on the planet Elysia where the Space Pirates store Metroids. As you're going up the Metroids are nice and secure, but once you take the Seeker Missile power-up, they break out. The lights go out (obviously), and the Metroids can float through walls. Not to mention that the music is super-creepy.

koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts
Penumbra had some very disturbing sequences, like one part you find out that one of the caves inhabitants sees himself as a wolf, and basically attacks you in the darkness. You never actually see him, which makes things more unnerving.
HitomiChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 HitomiChan
Member since 2009 • 15305 Posts
Fatal frame 3 hauntings.. :x
blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts
sadly i screamed like a girl when i close the door to my house, turned around and a creeper instantly blew up in Minecraft
dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts

Probably in Condemned:

[spoiler] When you are taking a picture with a camera, focusing on the face of the dead body, and as soon as youhave focused, the guy moves towards you and tries to grab you. [/spoiler]

IceP42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 IceP42
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts

Fairly common, but the first beast that came out a window in Alone in the dark ( the original of course)

sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sonofsmeagle
Member since 2010 • 4317 Posts

i have had loads of scary game most notable dead space,stalker,metro 2033 and the suffering

but the 1 that got me soo freaked out was when stalker 1st came out and i had a brand new com brand new graphics card cranked up and i was playing abit in the agroprom research institute and before that i had only encountered a few like mutant pigs and dogs and a few bandits and i was underground in the agroprom and it was dark i only had my flashlight that could allow me to see just 3metres a head of me and i hear some gunfire in the next room i run down the corridor only to find a last burst of gunfire down the other end of the room about 40 metres away and the sound of a roar and a body drop at this point it was dark as hell and i couldnt see **** and i had my little minature AK-742U and i slowly walked ahead when i hear another roar and just manage to see a few eyes in the dark 5 metres away from me then this tentacle face claw ripping beast came out at me and slashed me then ran off IT WAS A BLOODSUCKER i had only read about these on my PDA so i unloaded my whole clip of ammo in the direction it came from and as i was reloading all i saw was some eyes so i quickly pulled out my pistol and unloaded into its head and finally killed it i looked at its corpse and i was sweating cold sweat now and i went to go through the other room and heard the exact same roar as the 1 i just killed made and i was so scared that i stopped and seriously waited for like 5-10mins just thinking about whether or not i should go on i ended up going in and getting killed outa nowhere and having nightmares after

but the 1st stalker was the 1st and only game ever to make me stop and seriously think if i should continue playing it or not

applesxc47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 applesxc47
Member since 2008 • 10761 Posts

I've said this before.

Crazy mother****in butcher in Hitamn Contracts

metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 metroidprime55
Member since 2008 • 17657 Posts

I Bioshock when you go into Dandy Dental and that doctor comes up and stands right behind you, I tried to move away but I could back away from the desk, I turned around and there he was.

Metroid Prime scared me a few times.

Condemned scared me with the school and the department store, you really feel like your going crazy when you hear kids laughing in a bathroom and mannequins start walking with one goal, to kill you.

flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts
Manhunt, the whole game. I wasn't necessarily scared but I was always at the edge of my seat playing that game.
rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
In Bioshock that doctor who stands besides you, that scared the **** outta me, I can't even remember how many bullets I unloaded in his face, lol. On STALKER the first one, I remember quite well, I was walking around the Freedom base area for my first time at night, I already had some pretty good equipment, but even then, after I got attacked by one bloodsucker, I decided I would wait until there was some light in-game, because playing at night wasn't for me, when I was running towards a loner camp, I was attacked by another bloodsucker, but this time around, in the heat of the battle, I entered the Bloodsucker village, and got attacked by three more bloodsuckers, my finger was right on the medkit key, I was desperately trying to kill them with my shotgun, and all from sudden, I see my screen shaking, I was also being attacked by a controller, I was super scared and gave away, I left to get something to eat and let my character die, never played at night again.
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#49 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

The first time I encountered a Controller in the Agropom underground at like 3AM. It was utterly disturbing becauseI did not expect something like that at all. And the way it lets you zoom in and out of himself is just incredibly confusing, disgusting, and weird. I seriously had trouble sleeping after I saw that, it really left an impression on me.