Your multiplayer history

This topic is locked from further discussion.

eagle63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 eagle63
Member since 2004 • 537 Posts

how vast is your multiplayer career?

I'm a casual player myself I don't play that much multiplayer and I pretty much suck at them but I have played a few over the years,here's my list:

Unreal

Unreal tournament (all of them 2004 being my favorite)

Quake 1,2,3

Half life team fortress

Battlefield2,2142 plus expansions

Cod black ops1,2

Mass effect 3 multiplayer

Far cry 3 player

And most recently gta 5 (still waiting on that damn stimulus pack their promising)and battlefield 4

So what's your history? And what are your favorites?

I'm really liking the new Battlefield 4 myself. I've been blown up,shot dozens of times, drove over land mines, and have been run over by every vehicle in the game at least once and have been tea bagged a couple of times.

and I'm still having a blast with it.good times.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

My multiplayer career started on pc playing Unreal tournament (Best multiplayer game ever).

Than I moved on to Quake 2, quake 3 team arena. Great also.

Played a lot of rainbow six vegas 1 and 2 on 360. Best tactical shooter in my eyes.

Fifa 09-12 I spent countless hours online playing vs. on Ps3.

Over 50 hours on Battlefield 3 on ps3. Best multiplayer experience this gen.

GTAV recently with about 40 hours so far.

I don't play as much multiplayer as before but I do enjoy it from time to time.

Ill be getting BF4 on ps4 and I will be playing the heck out of that online.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3  Edited By good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I've tried the multiplayer on the majority of my games.

I only want to list and remember the ones I actually got into and played a lot.

UT3

Rainbow Six Vegas 2

Modern Warfare

Modern Warfare 2

Uncharted 2

BF: Bad Company 2

Battlefield 3

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

@marcheegsr:

I don't know it's actually difficult for me to say whether I enjoyed BC2 more or BF3 more.

I DO know that I've played BF3 a LOT more. I have like 140 hrs.

Tqricardinho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tqricardinho
Member since 2013 • 477 Posts

I started with:

• WarRock (FPS Free to Play by Gamersfirst) 2006-2009
  • World of Warcraft 2008-2013
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 2009-2010
  • Bioshock 2
  • League of Legends 2012-2013
Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6  Edited By Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

Chain of command was one of my first strategy games. It was fantastic.

I played Team Fortress Classic competitively for a little longer than 7 years at varying skill levels. Played top tier in TFL and STA (the premier North American leagues) with namely [bM], [TTK], ][, [D.v.S], [NIL8], {GTO}, [INC], and team |. Actually put the game down for a little bit, and then came back a few years ago to compete in a world based league for one of the two US teams in the European Wireplay TFC league. Team Italy dominated ofc..

http://www.konspiracy.org/tfc/teams?subgame=9v9

Also led The Ill [x_o] 5vs5 team but we were pretty mediocre despite beating one top 3 team, and losing by one capture to another (got dominated by the title holders)

http://www.konspiracy.org/tfc/team?subgame=5v5&record=1518&st=0

Around the same time I played TFC, I played a lot of warcraft 3 tower defense and Hidden: Source.

After TFC I played WoW from Vanilla through Burning Crusade.

Now I mostly stick to Quake Clan Arena and Hidden: Source

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Return to Castle Wolfenstein ET was my first game I played online. Then Quake 3. Played those games for a long time.

Call of Duty 4, MW2, Black ops, GTA 4. Quake live.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#8  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

I had a lot of friends who were into online shooters in the late 90s. And as such, I got roped in to quite a few LANs at work (PC store). But it was never my favorite way to play.

I'm the type who prefers a solitary gaming experience. I've never cared for Call of Duty multiplayer or Battlefield, I didn't care for the Half-Life mods my friends were all about in the 90s, and as much as I enjoy RTS games, there is really only one time that I actually enjoyed a multiplayer match. And that one time was with a friend who, like me, believed the battle shouldn't even start until all the resources had been harvested and we both had tank battalions that could melt the processors.

About the only competitive multiplayer I have ever really enjoyed was Halo. And even that is limited. When a new Halo comes out, I play the story, then dabble in the multiplayer for a few weeks, and then I'm pretty good on competitive stuff until the next one.

I'd rather be Batman than random soldier who got 3 frags before dying alone and unmourned on a digital battlefield. That's just what gaming gives me that no other medium can. Escapism distilled.

gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

If you consider duking it with family members multiplayer, then I started with fighting games and stuff like Mario Kart on the SNES, playing with my cousins growing up. I played a lot of Tekken, Mortal Kombat and Smash Bros with my cuz.

As far as online multiplayer, my school mates turned me on to that. The first real experience I had with online multiplayer was Halo Custom Edition, and I played that for quite a long time, as well as subsequent Halos. After that first experience, I later played copious amounts of Team Fortress 2 and a lot of Burnout/Dirt online racing. The shooters that I mentioned, I normally played with those same school mates.

After some time though, I realized that though my buds liked video games like I did, I was the one that still preferred the solo experience above all. They were more competitive, so they played and continued to play tons of BF and CoD, but I was still the less aggressive and less vocal guy that preferred single player. More time with online multiplayer left me fatigued from all the hostility of random players and the sameness of modes, so eventually I just stopped caring about most online play altogether. (Well, vs. multiplayer, at least- Halo: Reach was the last vs multiplayer game I played regularly)

So now, the only real multiplayer interaction I do is Dark Souls/Occasional Borderlands co-op with some people I know, and a little GTA Online. Really, I'd sooner go revisit something like an old-school Metroid game than play a vs online match a lot of the time.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@gpuFX16 said:

If you consider duking it with family members multiplayer, then I started with fighting games and stuff like Mario Kart on the SNES, playing with my cousins growing up. I played a lot of Tekken, Mortal Kombat and Smash Bros with my cuz.

Geez, I didn't even think about fighting games as multiplayer. I guess that was the one area where I truly did really enjoy it though. I used to love going to the arcades back in the day to play Street Fighter 2 and Killer Instinct and Mortal Kombat.

There was a bowling alley not far from my house that had an MK2 machine. After mall arcades or movie rentals were closed for the night, I could go there and play until 2 in the morning while trying different cocktails. MK2 gets really fun after a couple of Tequila Sunrises.

gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

^Heh, nice memories, those. :)

I have a lot of good memories w/Killer Instinct. A lot of late nights with my cousin back-and-forth Ultra Combo-ing each other. A few nights falling asleep with the console still on. Arcades were great too. We used to play a ton of Time Crisis together if we were going to watch a movie- sometimes we wouldn't even bother with the film and just shoot it out for a couple of hours.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ZZoMBiE13

@gpuFX16 said:

^Heh, nice memories, those. :)

I have a lot of good memories w/Killer Instinct. A lot of late nights with my cousin back-and-forth Ultra Combo-ing each other. A few nights falling asleep with the console still on. Arcades were great too. We used to play a ton of Time Crisis together if we were going to watch a movie- sometimes we wouldn't even bother with the film and just shoot it out for a couple of hours.

Oh man! Time Crisis was a blast. And Virtua Cop! One of my favorite things to do in Virtua Cop was to start a 2 player game, but use both guns myself. It was some of the most fun I had with my Saturn in fact. I would play it with friends also, but it was the most fun when I went solo, blasting everything in site. Pretty sure I played one of the House of the Dead games that way too, though it was likely the one on the Dreamcast. Can't recall the number, but light gun games were always a favorite around my house. :)

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#13 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

If we're talking competitive online multiplayer, I could still say I'm "new' to it, relatively speaking. My first real go with it was Call of Duty: World at War. I was also really into playing Mario Kart Wii online at the time... that may have been first actually. Least to say, I was hooked to playing multiplayer, despite how frustrating it could be. These are other games I've spent a significant amount of time playing online.

• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (yes, after playing World at War)
  • Modern Warfare 2
  • Black Ops
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2
  • Battlefield 3
  • Medal of Honor
  • BioShock 2
  • The Last of Us

I've spent time with the multiplayer in a number of other games, but I either didn't spend much time with them or they weren't really competitive. I wore myself out from multiplayer experiences pretty quickly, and rarely spend much time with them anymore unless I'm trying to get some trophies out of it.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

@eagle63: This generation, my vs multiplayer career is pretty short-

Lord of the Rings: Conquest- too bad it only lasted 14 months.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood- so entertaining. So exciting. So DIFFERENT.

WH40K Space Marine- I really loved this game until all the clan bullshit got out of hand.

GTAO- I put it down when Batman hit, but I don't imagine I'll be away for long.

I've put an hour or two into Arkham Origins online, but I haven't fully decided on what I think of it yet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

It wasn't until the day I got a PS3 that I started playing vigorous multiplayer. My most played multiplayer games this gen would be BF3, LittleBigPlanet 2, and Uncharted 2