Yet another gaming related death

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

Man in his 30's had been having a non stop gaming session for 3 days in an internet cafe in south korea, died of a heart attack in his seat infront of the computer.

It's insane how people can have such long gaming sessions. It's like they lose all track of time and surroundings. This is not the first time this has happend and it will not be the last unfortunatly.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

They should probably regulate the amount of time you can rent out a computer at an internet-cafe.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5245 Posts

I never understand why some people like this man die. The fact cases like these take place in Asia makes it more interesting.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

@Minishdriveby: Absolutely, i agree, at the same time there is a part of me that thinks alot of these deaths would most likely occur anyways wherever they where at that point in time because of heartfailure they are born with. These sudden deaths do happen from time to time with for instance highly trained athletes as well. When so many people in this world, 7 billion and hundreds of millions of these again are into sports and videogames, it's bound to happen that someone dies while doing either of these activitys and other stuff as well but those we don't hear about. At least they died while doing something they really enjoyed. Rip.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#5 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@onesiphorus said:

I never understand why some people like this man die. The fact cases like these take place in Asia makes it more interesting.

Yeah, I don't get it either.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

South Korea has a massive illegal amphetamine market it's a major problem there(Asia in general has a problem with this). He probably was addicted to them stayed up for three days and had taken a bunch of them for long periods of time. Your heart can only take so much, especially when sleep deprived.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

shit happens when your stupid

i love gaming too, but to play nonstop for three days ignoring ur body screaming at u to eat/sleep/shit/whatever

darwinism