yakuza 5 in the west

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SPLINT_STAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SPLINT_STAR
Member since 2006 • 225 Posts

anybody knows about yakuza 5 release date in the west ......... i would love me some of that .......... :)

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

It's one of the most requested Sega games for localisation and it yet there's no word from Sega on it. To be honest I wouldn't be that concerned about it because it's one of the worst entries into the series (if not the worst) and more importantly, may be retroactively written out of canon.

It was actually one of the games that made my Localize It/Don't Localize It! column which was designed to make a point of games that aren't really worth localizing. The nuance of the column was to evaluate the worth of localising a game on something more than simple quality. I wanted to ask questions like what a game brings to a non-Japanese culture, what does it say about the source culture etc;

Unsurprisingly people were pissed because they took the column title literally to mean it shouldn't be localised. You can see why I think it isn't all that in the original article. To this day I'm still trying to find a way to get a column going again that has the same idea behind it but doesn't mislead people or make them think it's clickbait. It was after all, intended to be far more nuanced than "this sucks".