Xbox controller with white/black buttons on shoulder?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by covertgamer78 (1032 posts) -
Anyone know of a controller like this? My mother found a Xbox by the dumpster and it had a 3rd party controller by GameStop that had the black/white buttons on the shoulder next to the triggers in addition to them being below the X/Y/A/B buttons like on the S controller. Anyone know of a different type of original Xbox (not Xbox 360) like this? The white/black buttons on the shoulder really help with drive-bys in GTA:SA and other games as well, hence my interest. Thanks to all.
#2 Posted by covertgamer78 (1032 posts) -
I found the Pelican Eclipse line, ne1 know others? thx
#3 Posted by ocdchild (144 posts) -
#4 Posted by codezer0 (15898 posts) -
That design was pretty much only done by third-party makers for xbox 1 controllers. So no, don't expect that Microsoft redesigned it to have that functionality. That being said, it seemed like an interesting design choice, and a relative "trainer" for upgrading to a 360, because BC games on the 360 remap the black and white buttons on the LB/RB buttons, respectively.
#5 Posted by covertgamer78 (1032 posts) -

By a dumpster? Dude, I wish I could find trash like that.

EDIT: I found this site with tons of controllers listed. This might help your search.

http://www.nextag.com/xbox-controller/compare-html?nxtg=1e9f0a280502-6562497D92EEA929

ocdchild

It was an incredible find, I must admit. I found a great site that has the complete line up of Xbox controllers, but you have to go through each and every review to look at a screenie to see if the controller is what you are looking for.

http://gear.ign.com/index/xboxgear.html

I think it was a great idea having those buttons there, I thought the drive-bys in San Andreas were awkward as heck to control in comparison to the PS2 version, so when I saw an Xbox controller with the black/white buttons on the shoulder, I though man we really need this.

#6 Posted by ocdchild (144 posts) -
[QUOTE="covertgamer78"][QUOTE="ocdchild"]

By a dumpster? Dude, I wish I could find trash like that.

EDIT: I found this site with tons of controllers listed. This might help your search.

http://www.nextag.com/xbox-controller/compare-html?nxtg=1e9f0a280502-6562497D92EEA929

It was an incredible find, I must admit. I found a great site that has the complete line up of Xbox controllers, but you have to go through each and every review to look at a screenie to see if the controller is what you are looking for. http://gear.ign.com/index/xboxgear.html I think it was a great idea having those buttons there, I thought the drive-bys in San Andreas were awkward as heck to control in comparison to the PS2 version, so when I saw an Xbox controller with the black/white buttons on the shoulder, I though man we really need this.

Totally! Congrats on getting the system! :D And yeah, that sounds a little time-consuming. Did you think of trying eBay?
#7 Posted by covertgamer78 (1032 posts) -
[QUOTE="ocdchild"]Totally! Congrats on getting the system! :D And yeah, that sounds a little time-consuming. Did you think of trying eBay?

Okay, all I found was the Pelican Eclipse and the Nyko Air Flow in wireless and wired models, if anyone knows of more please let me know but the Pelican Eclipse wireless looks like a good buy to me. Logitech cordless Xbox controller looks like the best ergonomically, so it looks like I may start a collection.
#8 Posted by bukkookkub (933 posts) -
I just used my Pelican Wireless controller. Wasn't the greatest controller for timed sensitive games, but for most games the buttons on the shoulder made it worth the purchase.
#9 Posted by covertgamer78 (1032 posts) -
I just used my Pelican Wireless controller. Wasn't the greatest controller for timed sensitive games, but for most games the buttons on the shoulder made it worth the purchase. bukkookkub
Awesome news bukkookkub, I am looking to use an Xbox controller for PC games since original Xbox controllers are the biggest I know of and my hands cramp badly because I weightlift. The extra buttons on top also mean two more buttons to map out on the PC which is awesome for me.
#10 Posted by Talldude80 (6320 posts) -
nope, never seen an xbox controller that had more than the 2 trigger buttons. and I've never played GTA on an Xbox, but i can imagine the black/white buttons on the standard controller are a pain.