mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#51 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: then it just boils down to it not being your kind of game.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@mastermetal777:

Duh ! What did you expect.... its a piece of shit.... ofcourse its not my kind of game..... its not alot of people's type of game, people would rather play something Average like CoD than to play something as bad as Dark Souls...

The game definitely requires thought to play but I can assure you.... nobody at From Software broke a sweat thinking it up..... its not that hard to make a narrow ledge and placing enemy there thats a whole lot easier for it to push you off than it is for you to push it off.... Primary Example being the Taurus Demon Boss Fight... dishonourable mentions to The Silver Knights with the Dragon Slayer Bows in Annor Londo, The Manserpents in Sens Fortress and The Iron Golem.

Its not that hard to create a trap the player has absolutely no way of avoiding without dying first.... Primary Example being the first Mimic.... dishonourable mentions to The Boulder in Sen's Fortress, The False Floors in.... well everything beyond the Catacombs...

Its Not That Fucking Hard to put a bunch of useless stats in your game to give a false sense of depth.... Fire, Lightning, Divine, Occult, Enchanted.... all of them..

They are the same damn thing yet you can't use Lightning On Ornstein but you but you can on Smough because because of "reason's".... I don't know why JRPG Developers like using this Multi Elemental Stat Restrictions.... its not clever.... its not interesting.... atleast not to anyone who can recognize a pattern.....

Let me paint a picture of what Miyazaki does..... all he does is grab a handfull of nails and broken glass and scatter them randomly across the floor.... this require no thought on Miyazaki's part.... the real thought comes when the poor unfortunate saps walking behind Miyazaki have to navigate through the mess with carefull skill and precision..... or really thick boots....

Atleast thats the impression I got in The Crystal Caves fighting a Golem on an Invisible Platform..... if I was lazy I would've done the exact samething.... its what shitty developers have done countless times before but all sudden when Dark Souls doesIit its do clever and ingenious and so hardcore...

Yeah definitely not my kind of game.... I'm not that desperate for a challenge

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Lulu_Lulu

@mastermetal777:

Nice rebuttal by the way.... I love how you address all my points with a single sentence.... real classy Master Metal... real classy

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By mastermetal777

@Lulu_Lulu: better than creating a wall of redundant text. And you can't say how easy something is when you never made a game in your life. I'm trying to make one, and even the smallest details are difficult to perfect

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Lulu_Lulu

@mastermetal777:

Wrong ! Its 2015 making a game is as easy as Downloading Project Spark..... now I don't have Project Spark but I ve designed plenty of Cheap Traps in Disney Infinity... I have made a buttload of Minigames....

Besides you wouldn't recognize redundancy if it levelled up and attacked you with a hitbox several times large than its weapon model during a frame dip that causes input lag negating the ability to perfectly time your dodge....thats how hopeless your ability to recognize redundancy is.....

Besides thats load of crap.... you couldn't make long text even if you wanted to because you have no argument you to fill it with.... Come On.... I know you wouldn't pass a chance to put me in my place..... that is..... if you can....

Goodluck with your game.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 mastermetal777

@Lulu_Lulu: I would if you were actually worth an argument. And all you are is a well-spoken troll who's ideas are laughably narrow-minded in 2015. And making a game is tougher than you think. Project Spark is a prototype builder, not something for a finished product because of its limited assets

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Lulu_Lulu

@mastermetal777:

Project Spark is a handy and easy to use game maker.... just because its flippin easy to make something doesn't make the finnished Product any less of a game than any other game out there..... speaking of limited assets some games are made from a dices and a few lines on a paper.... I guess a game isn't a finnisged product to until its got cutscenes and pretty graphics and a tight music score.....

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 mastermetal777

@Lulu_Lulu: if that's the game they wanna make good on them. I'm looking for a different approach

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@mastermetal777:

Great..... I just hope you can take critism about your game a whole lot better than you can about Someone Else's...

amillionhp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By amillionhp
Member since 2008 • 773 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@mastermetal777:

Duh ! What did you expect.... its a piece of shit.... ofcourse its not my kind of game..... its not alot of people's type of game, people would rather play something Average like CoD than to play something as bad as Dark Souls...

The game definitely requires thought to play but I can assure you.... nobody at From Software broke a sweat thinking it up..... its not that hard to make a narrow ledge and placing enemy there thats a whole lot easier for it to push you off than it is for you to push it off.... Primary Example being the Taurus Demon Boss Fight... dishonourable mentions to The Silver Knights with the Dragon Slayer Bows in Annor Londo, The Manserpents in Sens Fortress and The Iron Golem.

Its not that hard to create a trap the player has absolutely no way of avoiding without dying first.... Primary Example being the first Mimic.... dishonourable mentions to The Boulder in Sen's Fortress, The False Floors in.... well everything beyond the Catacombs...

Its Not That Fucking Hard to put a bunch of useless stats in your game to give a false sense of depth.... Fire, Lightning, Divine, Occult, Enchanted.... all of them..

They are the same damn thing yet you can't use Lightning On Ornstein but you but you can on Smough because because of "reason's".... I don't know why JRPG Developers like using this Multi Elemental Stat Restrictions.... its not clever.... its not interesting.... atleast not to anyone who can recognize a pattern.....

Let me paint a picture of what Miyazaki does..... all he does is grab a handfull of nails and broken glass and scatter them randomly across the floor.... this require no thought on Miyazaki's part.... the real thought comes when the poor unfortunate saps walking behind Miyazaki have to navigate through the mess with carefull skill and precision..... or really thick boots....

Atleast thats the impression I got in The Crystal Caves fighting a Golem on an Invisible Platform..... if I was lazy I would've done the exact samething.... its what shitty developers have done countless times before but all sudden when Dark Souls doesIit its do clever and ingenious and so hardcore...

Yeah definitely not my kind of game.... I'm not that desperate for a challenge

Some of what you said is a little unfair though.

A lot of games i've played don't even have bottomless pits or even fall deaths of any kind. Definitely none with pvp. Developers don't even bother with it period. I don't see how its a bad thing.

A random number of stats and "elements" is in damn near every game though. Wouldn't it make sense the same spells or attacks wouldn't affect everyone in the same manner?

A lot of the issues you have is something mitigated by the blood stain / messaging system. I may not know exactly where a trap is coming but swarm of blood stains and "ambush ahead" written 4 - 6 times gives me a pretty good idea of what is coming up and i'm a lot less likely to die from whatever it is. I actually managed to avoid a lot of the "inescapable deaths" in DS2 by just looking at that and moving at a crawls pace.

This is the first game i've played that has rather strict penalties for weapon collision on walls. You can't even swing a weapon a certain way in tight corridors or on ledges because you'll just hit the wall and open yourself up. You have to two hand the weapon and swing differently, switch it out or don't fight close to walls.

There is no instant healing. Most games let you pause to a menu and spam potions.

The genius part of the invisible platform in the Crystal Caves isn't the platform itself, its the fact that prism stones were left in a chest right before exiting the Archives.

This is all very realistic and that is part of the charm. So many games star an overpowered god-like character that cuts through swarms of enemies. This is the only one i've seen that literally takes a standard foot soldier you fight against at the beginning and gives the player that model to start with. No cool powers, no enhanced strength. You're basically just another guy. Every single challenging aspect about this game makes a lot of sense to me because it is exactly how any real human being would actually deal with a situation of exploring a demon / monster infested kingdom.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Lulu_Lulu

@amillionhp:

I wasn't as lucky as you.... I didn't play the game online so no messages and blood stains for me.... I was stuck with trial and error because I didn't want to pay Microsoft for gold membership....

As for stats everygame has them but not every game uses them as arbitrarily as Dark Douls as many other RPGs..... when an action or puzzle game uses elements like fire or lightning its implimented as a mechanic.... not a Damage Modifier like in Dark Souls.... fire is something you use not because it makes any mechanical sense but because the game just says so.....

I'm sorry but you can't use the realism argument in Dark Souls.... the fact of the matter is it should'nt have any healing at all... if the game was balanced properly... if the enemies weren't da.age sponges, if yoyr shield and armor could actually with stand more a single hit then there would be no need for the stupid healing system.... its seems to me they are using the healing to justify all the other idiosyncracies that make this game more tedious than Challenging.

All these limits and restrictions that you think make the game more realistic.... also make it more boring..... that plus realism in Dark Souls is stupid....

amillionhp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 amillionhp

@Lulu_Lulu:

Elements are not just stat modifiers though, there are completely different lists of spells with different affects and the weapons that come with elements already on them are different from one another. The only way it becomes similar is when you choose to put whatever element on a favored weapon. Skyrim is something i would say is a lot more guilty of that rather than Dark Souls.

What game doesn't have healing? Unless there is auto regen. If the player never gets hit, then that is a problem i think.

Are you using Great shields or standard ones? I think great shields drain less stamina per strike, at least i know its like that in DS2. Obviously block percentages and stability matter with shields. Are you paying attention to that at all? Are you lowering the shield between attacks to recharge stamina quicker or are you just holding it up the entire time?

How can realism be stupid? Do you feel the same about any sort of survival horror kind of game?

matt2790

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

User Lists: 6

#63  Edited By matt2790
Member since 2014 • 184 Posts

There was this 50 Cent game that I played on my PS2.. there's no words to describe how bad was it

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Lulu_Lulu

@amillionhp:

Theres Magic.... Fire And Lightning..... all your pyrmancies deal fire damage so Pyromancy is next to useless in The Demon Ruins or any enemy with resistance to fire.... the only exception being the poisons and The Power Within....

The All yhe Sorceries deal Nagic Damage and are borderline useless in The Dukes Archives and The Crystal Cave....

Miracles are are weak.... you can't depend on them as exclusively like the Sorceries and Pyromancy...... the Divine elenent is nothing but a stupid hurdle one has to jump over to permantly deal with Skellies when fighting Nito and The Necromancer...... its not even a damage modifier.... its a nuissance you put up with to deal with an even more annoying nuissance....

Anyway I use a standard shield.... if changing shields takes less stamina then Voila.... another example of stats mattering more than skill.

amillionhp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 amillionhp

@Lulu_Lulu:

Hmmm, i don't think this will change your perspective at all about the game but it was intended to be played online where you can co-op and engage in pvp. That adds a whole new dimension of gameplay and difficulty. Particularly the elemental stats in weapons and armor become significant in relation to the opponents equipment choices. The pvp is pretty much forced. You will be invaded unless hollowed. I suppose none of that sounds appealing but it was an interesting feeling for me when i had to not only clear through an area to regain my souls, but do so quickly or risk getting invaded along the way.

I guess i can understand your frustration with all magic not working within the areas they were obtained, but honestly with that you might as well say requiring the player to adapt or change anything is bad. Physical and Lightning attacks still work everywhere. So does Crystal i think but i never bothered with that because i didn't care for wasting titanite on temporary weapons.

ARKphoenix2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#66 ARKphoenix2k
Member since 2005 • 328 Posts

This Year: Assassin's Creed Unity

All time: Sonic 06

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

@mastermetal777 said:

@Lulu_Lulu: ha nice try. Dark Souls is the opposite of what I described. At least for me. Deadly Premonition though....ugh.

But dark souls doesn't have co op?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#68 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu:

Haha everyone likes Dark Souls but you; or at least you're the only one of them who keeps talking about it.

Have you ever considered maybe your reasoning is faulty? Have you ever convinced anyone that Dark Souls is a bad game? In all your posts it's the same thing: "this element of the game sucks/is weak/is useless/ is unfair".

Now I get that everyone is entitled to whine about things on the internet, but really? Sorry you had a bad experience with the game; it must suck to waste time playing things you don't like.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Lulu_Lulu

@amillionhp:

Thats another thing that bothers me..... I feel like I screwed up my character build....I feel like a dumped all my resources into sonething useless.....

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Lulu_Lulu

@marcheegsr:

It does... I just have to pay for it.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 mastermetal777

@marcheegsr: it does have co-op. But it's online only co-op

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Lulu_Lulu

@pyro1245: its difficult to convince someone an entire game is bad.... they may not even like the gameplay.... they might be playing it for the lore and Atmosphere..... and that just not my department.... all I can do is bring up one of the game's scenarios and gauge a person's ability to dissect it.....

Playing crappy games sucks..... but somebody's gotta do it..... besides people have been begging me to play this game..... I bet now they regret it..... :p

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Lulu_Lulu

I need get this game out of my head.... I can feel those stupid RPG Elements nagging at me

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 BboyStatix
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: haha you hate dark souls so much. Ages ago when I just started posting in these forums I recall you having the same stance xD

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Lulu_Lulu

@BboyStatix:

I'm nothing if not consistent

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@marcheegsr:

It does... I just have to pay for it.

I guess you learn something new everyday. Whyy on earth would they make you pay for co op though. Should of been apart the game.

amillionhp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 amillionhp

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@amillionhp:

Thats another thing that bothers me..... I feel like I screwed up my character build....I feel like a dumped all my resources into sonething useless.....

The character is probably still salvageable unless it was in resistance. Supposedly, there isn't a whole lot of incentive to poor more than 40 points into str or dex, especially if you do both. Reason being the damage bonus for each point starts diminish by then. Although there are a few weapons that require close to 50 str. Make sure you are selecting a weapon that provides appropriate stat bonuses for whatever you invested. There are weapons that provide none or very little bonus at all such as the Dragon line but that is because the damage or utility is usually good enough as is, unless we are talking about crossbows. If you split stats among Faith and Intelligence, then you will probably get the most damage from Lightning or Fire weapons.

I must have quit and restarted my character several times before killing Gwyn but i tend to do that with most games i play anyway.

amillionhp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 amillionhp

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@amillionhp:

Kind of a stupid question here but you are rolling with a +15 weapon, right? Or +5 if Dragon, Twinkling or Boss weapon? But in any case whatever it is, maxed out for upgrades right?

Also, playing entirely offline kind of eliminates much of the benefit on daggers, which relies heavily on critical damage, i.e. backstabs / ripostes. Are you using daggers?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Lulu_Lulu

@marcheegsr:

Its not From Software who wants money for co-op..... its Microsoft

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Lulu_Lulu

@amillionhp:

I think that's a massive flaw.... its like those collectable card games that stuff in a bunch of useless cards.....

The reason this bothers me is because if you're playing alone then each scenario requires a Specefic Build..... I build I have to grind for and at level 131 each one measly point costs 120 000 Souls...... which takes 20 minutes of grinding to get.....

Oh thqt reminds me..... you rember that critism people made about Skyrim not being a Real RPG because you can give your character everything from every class ?

Dark Souls does the same thing.... only it takes much much longer...... also you can change your character type in less than 60 Seconds... just go to the menu and trade your dagger for a shield and your club for a Spear and your hunters armor for Havel's armor.... and maybe a ring or two for good measure..... thats how easy it is to from one character type to another..... and if you have 6 attune slots you can do the samething with yhe game's magic just by changing catalysts..... it doesn't the all around every class everytime feel of Skyrim but you can change it in between encounters...... in specific boss fights you can do it in the middle of the fight.....

This is strong Hypocrisy if you ask me.....

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By pyro1245

@Lulu_Lulu: So what's next? Dark Soul II? At least there you can respec if you screw up your build. Even more useless weapons, armor sets, and magic to try! Do a cosplay build and try to beat each boss while dressed up like them. Powerstance some big clubs and one-shot everything; who needs stamina when you one-shot everything?

Oh yeah I forgot to mention my worst games..... Uh Dragon Age: Inquisition and Tomb Raider 2013 were pretty bad in recent memory. I usually don't play games I don't like for very long so they kinda get washed from my memory.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Lulu_Lulu

@pyro1245: @pyro1245:

Nah.... I'm suppose to be quiting RPGs all together.... besides I need to play an actuall challenging game.... starting with Ninja Gaiden II

And Tomb Raider Reboot wasn t bad at all.... it was just drastically different and betrayed their fans but a bad game it most cettainly was not.... the majority of the Upgrades were balls to the wall stupid though....

Tomb Raider 2013 was essential the same as President Evil 4.... just a big change many people weren t ready for... President Evil 4 also had stupid Upgrades.

amillionhp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By amillionhp

@Lulu_Lulu:

It shouldn't require that much grinding to adapt. Anytime i played the game (and i made countless run throughs with different build variations i wanted to try), i carried two different kinds of weapons to max out. A smaller, lighter weapon and a heavier, slower one. Examples being a mace and great axe for a str. build. Or a falchion and spear on dex. Actually in the latter case it isn't about differences between heavy and light but rather two different attack types. Ranged poking and quick slashing. As was discussed earlier, you want to have a few different options depending on the situation but two different melee weapons should be plenty enough to cover that. If i wasn't using sorcery or miracles for ranged attacks then i would select a bow or a crossbow depending on dex and str investments. I would use them to pull enemies away from ambush setups or other unfavorable situations if nothing else. Pyromancy requires no stat investment of any kind, just souls so everyone should consider investing in that sooner or later.

Stat investments and requirements prevent you from being able to do whatever you want though. I suppose you could try lightning or fire weapons since those remove any and all stat bonuses on the weapons. At that point you could invest all points completely into Life and Endurance and only use the minimum str. or dex. required for your weapon, magic stats notwithstanding. In that case i suppose you would have a LOT of flexibility but if you invest points heavily into one area and not others, then you can not just up and select a weapon that does not benefit from those stats. Maybe you could meet the requirements to swing it but you wont be inflicting good damage without the proper stat investment. Weapons like the claymore that has a double "C" rank in str and dex will benefit the most from a 40/40 split investment. Something else that reads "B" in one stat and "D" in another will obviously benefit more from the "B" stat.

Actually, i said earlier that you should have a couple of different weapon types but that depends on the weapon too. Some weapons hit what i would call a "sweet spot" and can be used in almost any kind of situation. The claymore is like... the perfect example of that. If i'm not mistaken, it has slashing swing arcs and stabbing thrusts and vertical slices depending on if you are two handing the weapon or not. Its also damaging enough to be a powerhouse but not so slow and heavy that you can't properly time it to swing on quicker foes.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Lulu_Lulu

@amillionhp:

The thing that bothers me is with every NG+ is even the usefull weapons become useless without enhencements eventually.....

Speaking of Which.... how did you do with The Four Kings.... Specifically the Magic Attacks.... ?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 pyro1245

@Lulu_Lulu: Hmm. Never played the original Tomb Raider games. I just didn't like all the QTEs and the shooting mechanics and story were pretty boring. It was just a bit of a snoozefest. I've realized I just don't like those types of games of games though (TLoU, Uncharted, etc...). Probably not enough stats :)

Bummer though, I think Dark Souls 2 is way better than 1 in just about every way except maybe level design.

amillionhp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By amillionhp

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@amillionhp:

The thing that bothers me is with every NG+ is even the usefull weapons become useless without enhencements eventually.....

Speaking of Which.... how did you do with The Four Kings.... Specifically the Magic Attacks.... ?

The shield you are using might make a difference. The Crest Shield would probably be a good choice. That one drops from the elite knight at the asylum from the beginning of the game. Look at the shields and check all the defensive stats on elements. You want something with high magic def. When you pull up the menu, hit select and it will bring up a highlight cursor that describes all of those confusing stats and symbols.

(spoiler alert) Not sure if you are aware of this or not but you can travel back to the asylum after fixing that elevator that leads from firelink to the gargoyle bell tower. Getting the elevator working again allows you to jump off at a higher spot that leads up to the giant crows nest.

You can also consider Magic Barrier / Great Magic Barrier miracles if you have those and enough Faith.

I believe that magic attack homes in on you. So you can run away from it and KIND OF dodge it sometimes but not consistently. So its a better idea to just block or tank it i think.

Other than that iirc, the way i handled the Four Kings was by switching to Havel's armor and just going to town on one King at a time as quickly as possible until it was dead. Obviously two handing the weapon is best if your going to do that. I usually used Great Combustion Pyromancy if i didn't have a Fire or Chaos weapon. Its fast and damaging. I may have used Iron Flesh. Cant remember for sure but that may not be the best idea due to their grab attacks. Not so much because of the damage from it but rather the time it wastes. By now i think you've pieced together the fact that an additional King arrives at timed intervals. So killing them asap is essential. Make sure you have the Rite of Kindling from Pinwheel and fully kindled the bonfire to 20 flasks and obviously a maxed out weapon.

Armor upgrades are something you need to consider but keep in mind there are an assortment of clothing and armor that can not be upgraded. Usually those are all pretty good. Weather we are talking about heavy, very high defensive stats or the lighter stuff, they are what could be considered good "right out of the box" and provide better defensive stats than the upgradable stuff at base level. It becomes a different story however when you start pouring titanite into the armors or clothing. As you do that, much of the clothing that sucked you will find outperforms much of the unupgradable equipment. Havels is unupgradable and is extremely high in poise and all def but if i'm not mistaken, Giants armor sold from the blacksmith in Annor Londo actually is a better choice considering Def. per weight but you would have to use a lot of twinkling titanite in order to get it to that point.

The best armor i could think of off the top of my head that probably has high magic defense but not so heavy would be the Channelers outfit found in Duke's Archives.

Oh, by the way, are you playing this with none of the patches or updates? I know you said it was entirely offline.

Avatar image for BabyPulpFiction
BabyPulpFiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#87 BabyPulpFiction
Member since 2013 • 246 Posts

LAIR, ugh. Honestly, I was not a fan of Last of Us which i know is f*cking weird because apparently that was, like, a good game or something.

REfan1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#88 REfan1987
Member since 2005 • 327 Posts

Suikoden III... being used to good RPG games, it was just too clunky... I think I played 15 minutes then sold it back to the store.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Lulu_Lulu

@pyro1245:

Its definitely got better game play mechanics...... but appearently (in true Souls fashion) the encounters are setup even worse than Dark Souls.... more senarios where you are out numbered.... more narrow fighting areas... more scenarios were you have to fight someone while someone else pelts you with ranged attacks from far away....

More cheap encounters overall.... atleast thats what Mathew thinks.

mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#90  Edited By mgools
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

GTA

Dark Souls

Popeye Atari 2600

Most indie games I have played.

Any game with in app purchases.

Beagle050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#91 Beagle050
Member since 2008 • 737 Posts

Does Big Rigs count? I feel like it's cheating, because that's barely even a game.

freakbabyblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#92 freakbabyblues
Member since 2009 • 693 Posts

MGS: Portable Ops. The controls are broken and the mission structure just won't let you get on with the game, throwing a dozen mcguffin missions at you for every one story mission and it forces you to recruit soldiers (which involves incapacitating and slowly dragging enemies all the way across the map to the starting point) and send them scouting for resources and plot flags while you dawdle about on a map. Your inventory only has 4 slots (which can be taken up by your ammo) and you'll occasionally need to collect items from missions that you won't be able to pick up if your inventory is full. The controls may have been less of an issue if you could at least download it on Vita, but for whatever reason you can't. MGS: PO is one of 2 games that I legitimately regret buying (the other being Halo 2).

PSN_M1NAT3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#93 PSN_M1NAT3K
Member since 2014 • 163 Posts

Superman 64 - I was assigned that game while working on a video game strategy magazine in the 90s. Worst week of my life. We were given beta ROMs to be able to play the game and get the magazines printed close to release. Every new ROM I got, I kept on asking, "when are they going to implement the fun?" Good times.

azizaam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 azizaam
Member since 2013 • 52 Posts

This is a easy one i know but I bought it without reading any reviews and thought that it would be like the games I grew up with..Resident Evil 5. I play it for like 7-9 hours(wanted to give it a chance) did not know that it would kill me slowly and painfully.

angelcrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#95 angelcrr
Member since 2015 • 254 Posts

Destiny....too much pretty...not enough substance....repetitive

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#96  Edited By Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

Two points:

1.) I probably had the least amount of fun playing Serious Sam 3 BFE. (Rage also felt dull and uninispired. Then again, writing the phrase "dull and uninspired" is also dull and uninspired.)

2.) Lulu really, really -- and I cannot emphasize this enough -- does NOT like Dark Souls. (His opinion, not mine! :D)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Lulu_Lulu

@amillionhp:

I don't want to compare shield's or diffierent versions of the same Swords, Spears, Daggers, Great Swords and Halberds.....

Essentially the game only has two types of shields.... Normal and Great....... and that shouldve been the only choice the game shouldve had since those are the only types with a Mechanical Differences..... I think I've said enough..... it would be redundant ( just like Dark Souls ) for me to point out the same issue for each of the game's weapon types.... moving on...

Yeah with some help from You Tube I was able to make my way back to the Asylum.... fall through the floor ai had absolutely zero reason to believe was unstable and get killed by the Stray Demon pretty much the same way I got killed by The Capra Demon... by a complete surprize.... I mean this whole process is totally messed up right from the you make your way there from Firelink Shrine.... I mean atleast Dragon's Dogma gives you a ledge grab to justify the existence of some of the parts if the game with platforming.... Dark Souls expects you to navigate platforming stlye scenarios without a single dedicated platforming mechanic beyond the jump which can only be perfomed while sprinting..... which there isn't much space to do.... and then after all that it drops the floor beneath you unexpectedly.....

None of this is even remotely clever..... but maybe its just me.... I assume those who played it online wouldve had a handy step by step guide guide in the form of messages and warnings in the form of blood stains....

Anyway.... got the ring and got the doll and gotcthe shield (which I never used) and left.

Anyway.... Four Kings.... it seems like you just used the stats to your advantage.....

I was stubborn.... I didn't want to use the crest shield and I hate healing in the middle of a fight so I went in with a light build swinging The Furysword.... after a few inevitable trial and error deaths the only two things I struggled with was the grab which was definitely unfair and the Homing Magic Attack which I block as fast as possible.... I tried dodging it but lingers for almost 15 seconds and mostly comes from off screen.... I wasn't even dodging it deliberately, I dodged the magic accidentily while dodging the King's attacks.... other than that with enough Stamina I could perform three backwards rolls to avoid the AoE..... its still unfair because even with the Mask of The Child stacked with the Grass Crest Shield Stacked With Green Moss and the luck off chance that I would recognize the wind up to this attackt.... my stamina doesn't build up fast enough for three rolls if I emptied it in my last assualt.

The Problem With Comparing upgradable armour is.... again.... trial and error..... you might sink in a buttload of souls and titanite into something that doesn't even come close to Havel's Armour..... its just a colossal waste of time....

Anyway I'm playing the Games On Demand version.... so I assume it was already patched... I play it online but the game starts in offline because I'm not a gold member.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Only If

It's amazing how bad that game is. It's free yet it still feels like a rip-off.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Lulu_Lulu

@Fire_Wa11:

Its not that surprizing.... I don't like alot of poorly designed games.....

However "does not like" is in accurate..... I hate Dark Souls.... Dragon's Dogma I don't like but with Dark Souls its definitely Hatred that I'm feeling.