Wow ruined mmorpg's

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pupminer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pupminer
Member since 2015 • 7 Posts

Now everyone who says this is false plays wow. My answer is everyone who plays wow thinks its the best game ever but people with other mmorpgs want to be AS famous as wow but since wow is so old and everyone is addicted to only THAT game they cant get fame so THEY did ruin mmorpgs WoW ruined ALL mmorpgs EVER!!!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Yeah...this will end well.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

It has not ruin MMORPG and I only did demo of WoW. I think the TC want to hate the big dog.

It is hard to say anything else with so little point about it.

It worse with the "agree with me or you opinion is not valid" statement at the start.

cablemodemx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#4 cablemodemx2
Member since 2003 • 1000 Posts

I wouldn't go so far as to say that it has ruined MMO's forever. It's almost as if WoW has created it's own genre, taking the idea of a MMORPG, and then simplifying everything to make it more appealing to the masses. It's not quite to the point of becoming an action-RPG, but anything's possible.

ruthaford_jive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ruthaford_jive
Member since 2004 • 519 Posts

WoW didn't ruin MMORPG's, it just made them really popular and lucrative (for Blizzard anyway.) It's those that followed, thinking they could be another WoW, that ruined them. Kinda like how COD made it big and then a bunch of publishers and devs thought it would be a good idea to jump on the gravy train and cash in from the 'modern warfare' craze. This kind of things happens all the time in other industries and aspects of life. I've noticed over the years that video game industry is like a microcosm of things in general.

DrSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DrSpoon
Member since 2015 • 628 Posts

Don't think it ruined it, it just changed the formula of MMOs, there will be another game that will change them again - that's one of the great things about this genre.