Wow, Amazing Spider-man 2 actually looks good.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

Check this out:

i like the fact you can now switch between peter and spider-man anytime you want, and peter having his own objectives now. it has more of that Batman Arkham vibe which i like. and the webbing slinging looked fantastic (imagine playing this with Sony's VR device!). The graphics look really good also, i think its the unreal engine.

I had no intentions on buying the game but after watching this walkthrough i think im gonna pre-order it (you get venom symbiote costume if you do, i believe) lol

anyone is/was planning on picking this up when it releases?

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

The combat and graphics look pretty slick, but I really dislike the magic floating web way of swinging. It doesn't feel as fun to swing in the modern Spiderman games as it does to swing in Speedrunners. There's something wrong with that.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

They don't really mention how expansive the Peter Parker sequences are. They don't say you can switch between Spider-Man and Peter Parker at anytime.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

@guynamedbilly said:

The combat and graphics look pretty slick, but I really dislike the magic floating web way of swinging. It doesn't feel as fun to swing in the modern Spiderman games as it does to swing in Speedrunners. There's something wrong with that.

It's not a magic floating web anymore. The webbing sticks to building, e.g. Spider-Man 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

@Minishdriveby said:

@guynamedbilly said:

It's not a magic floating web anymore. The webbing sticks to building, e.g. Spider-Man 2.

Really? Wow. The video didn't seem that way, but if so my interest level is rising. Cool, thanks.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

Nah, can't do it. I have yet to enjoy a Beenox Spider-Man game. Admittedly it does look like they learned a bit from the last one. And this one might even be decent. But they always look decent in the lead up to release. People always think "maybe this one will be as good as the second movie game!", but they never are. The swinging is always lacking, or the combat is not as well realized as you want or the voice actors are giving strained performances that take you out of the moment. It's always something.

So I'm not buying anymore Spider-Man games from them. Spider-Man needs a Rocksteady type studio to come in and build a game that really makes Spider-Man shine. And I just don't think Beenox "get" the character or gamers in general. I don't want a button that does all the fun stuff for me, I want solid mechanics and the ability to pull off cool moves through my own volition and skill. I want combat that feels as custom tailored to Spider-Man's powers as the Arkham games were tailored to Batman's abilities. And I'm tired of settling for "so-so". So unless this one comes out to unanimously high praise and scores from enough sites to really change my mind, I have no intention of playing anymore Beenox Spider-Man games.

equanox214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 equanox214
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts

@guynamedbilly: Yeah they say it p[rolly in the first two minutes. "if theres no building to catch you will fall" or something along those lines. Im pretty hype for this one i felt that last one could of been great with some polish

Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts

I'm always suspect, about developer walkthroughs, they just Feel scripted.I really hope Peter Parker isn't a huge part of the game. I can't imagine anything more boring,Unless you are using spider-mans abilities during the mission. That camera angle just looks awkward for combat.

I am hoping this game turns out great. But it is a movie tie-in, and a spider-man game. Will wait to see what reviews say, and most likely rent.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

Finally, a good Spiderman game....

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

This actually looks pretty fun. Whether it's going to be a great game remains to be seen.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

The last one looked pretty great, too. I'll play the wait and see game this time.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

Well, that was disappointing. It looks identical the first one. I like how all the new things they're boasting are all moves from Spiderman 2- slingshot, wall run, no more swinging from the clouds.

I wonder if it's going to get a 3ds release. After all, Amazing Spiderman was a terrible console title, but it made for an excellent handheld game due to the fact that it was nearly identical to it's big brother(sans the open world). It's just more impressive and forgivable as a handheld title.

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

I had a great time with the original and this one looks to improve upon it in nearly every way. Can't wait to pick this one up. Easily a day one purchase for me.

GiantAssPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GiantAssPanda
Member since 2011 • 1885 Posts

@johnd13 said:

This actually looks pretty fun. Whether it's going to be a great game remains to be seen.

Yeah. My thoughts as well. Usually these games end up being pretty mediocre. 6-7 or something.

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#15 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

I platinumed the first Amazing Spider-man video game and while it did have its flaws the one thing I LOVED was the boss battles with robots in the open city. That was the sort of thing that not even Rocksteady is doing with the extremely beloved Batman: Arkham games. I will almost certainly pick this one up, however the rumor on the street is that while it's fun it's not a huge upgrade from the last one. So I'm keeping my expectations low and since I've not seen any footage of Spidey chasing some giant robot through the city I'm already a little disappointed (but that's just me personally).