Would you rather be alone or in a group when trying to complete a mission?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 10 months, 19 days ago

Poll: Would you rather be alone or in a group when trying to complete a mission? (11 votes)

Alone 82%
In a group 18%

My personal opinion would be to go in alone because of a few things. I am in control, by this I mean I don't have to do things the way others do I am free to do what I want and the way I want. Another reason is that I only worry about myself as apposed to worrying about my partner getting downed. Finally I can be quick and stealthy without worrying about being spotted.

#1 Posted by marcheegsr (2466 posts) -

Are we talking about GTAV or games with co op in general?

In GTAV I prefer to do missions with my crew members. Its a lot of fun.

#2 Posted by iampenguin (223 posts) -

Definitely, alone.

#3 Posted by Bigboi500 (29229 posts) -

Working with a party makes you weak, while doing something all alone makes you a much stronger player.

#4 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69909 posts) -

Depends on the game really, but i prefer to do it alone

#5 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (22911 posts) -

Even in multiplayer games, I tend to go lone wolf more than team ups. A number of reasons inform the decision. A) I typically suck at multiplayer games so I prefer not to drag a team down, B) In the event that I actually do well, I don't care to share that credit with others, and C) I prefer to play at my own pace.

But I'm really not much of a multiplayer fan anyway. Unless it's Halo. That's my one multiplayer indulgence. But even that is rarely a long lived thing. Typically I'd rather go it alone in a single player game and try to beat up the aliens with AI subroutines rather than other humans. I game for story, for atmosphere, and because I enjoy exploring the digital landscape someone has lain before me. And those things are much less fun when someone is chucking plasma grenades at your bollocks.

#6 Edited by gpuFX16 (1296 posts) -

I go it alone when given the option, but I don't really do multiplayer anymore. I played a lot of TF2 & Halo before, but now the only multiplayer I actually feel motivated to participate in is the Souls' games co-op. I got tired of all the online hostility prevalent in today's MP.

I am warming up to GTA V's offerings, though.

#7 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10049 posts) -

Somebody's got major trust issues and alil superiority complex. Lol.

Anyway I don't do either, I go in with a Partner, not a group.

#8 Posted by Ish_basic (3984 posts) -

Working with a party makes you weak, while doing something all alone makes you a much stronger player.

This is exactly the mentality that makes healers and tanks pull their hair out in MMOs.

you might think you're strong until a well-knit unit comes along. And then, all you are is a corpse.

#9 Posted by sukraj (21927 posts) -

I like to do it alone.

#10 Posted by ZEYAAM898 (1921 posts) -

Alone is the best way. Especially if you're playing on hard.

#11 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (10049 posts) -

so many loners ! Whats goinh on ? :(

#12 Edited by The_Last_Ride (69909 posts) -

For some, games and their stories are personal. People like doing it all by themselves. I don't blame them either

#13 Edited by ZEYAAM898 (1921 posts) -

#14 Posted by johnd13 (7931 posts) -

Alone/

#15 Posted by Jacanuk (4011 posts) -

What kind of games are you talking about? because there is a lot of different genres and some are built around multiplayer and some are fine as a singleplayer.

But i prefer most of my gaming to be alone, i dont play to be social, i play to relax and unwind.

#16 Posted by Bigboi500 (29229 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

This is exactly the mentality that makes healers and tanks pull their hair out in MMOs.

you might think you're strong until a well-knit unit comes along. And then, all you are is a corpse.

No doubt, but when a member of that unit has to go one on one against a lone wolf they're toast without the help of their brahs.

#17 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (10049 posts) -

@ The_Last_Ride

There not a single game that I can think of that wouldn't benefit with some co-op....... even Heavy Rain ! As for how co-op would be implimented in all these games, thats a real conundrum

#18 Posted by Ish_basic (3984 posts) -

@Ish_basic said:

@Bigboi500 said:

No doubt, but when a member of that unit has to go one on one against a lone wolf they're toast without the help of their brahs.

you might get the kill, but the unit will get the win. ;)

#19 Posted by lensflare15 (6174 posts) -

Alone usually, unless the game has offline co-op.

#20 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10049 posts) -

^ Thats what I'm talking about ! :D