Would you pay for dlc just to add more content

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jp11756

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By Jp11756

Poll Would you pay for dlc just to add more content (13 votes)

Yes 15%
No 23%
Yes as long as there was enough content being added 62%
Never it should update progressively like most games now days. 0%

I love this game so much. But I still feel like it is missing something. Nowdays we have enough tech they should be ablr to add literally every digimon made to this game as an option to raise and battle. I also think while the lvl system for the trainer is fair and has a good pace i would like to see more skill trees then just bunching them all together in one up grade. Instead of a fishing and gathering section they should each get their own even if each only had 2 or 3 tiers. In the end i can honestly say i would pay anything for dlc to come out for this even if it was just $1.99 digimon unlocking.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#1 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

The biggest issue with any games these days is keeping the player interested in the game. It took me a long time to admit this, but developers releasing DLC a few months after the release is a smart move. The new content brings back some old players and even continues to entertain the active players. When games like Fallout or Skyrim release their DLC, you know you are getting something you will continue to play. When games like Batman: Arkham Knight releases new costumes as its DLC, its not going to bring back the masses; sort of speak. There has to be a balance. I do NOT agree with day of release DLC and random $5 in game purchases to help an inexperienced player advance. That is just a cheap way to make money...which sadly works.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58272 Posts

I'm fine with DLC provided it is done as an "expansion pack", i.e. it adds a new experience to an established game. Make your game, then build on top of it.

I don't like vanity bullshit, superfluous stuff, or day one nonsense, however. That stuff should either be A.) free, or B.) not included at all, or C.) left for modders to do.

I'm playing Sniper Elite 4 which, at it's core is a great game, but half the rifles are only unlocked via the Season Pass which is day one DLC, and 80% of the included rifles are essentially the same (there is some variety in their core stats, but not really enough to make a huge difference...you shoot one rifle, you shoot them all, basically). All these things should have been included with the base game.

Atomolog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Atomolog
Member since 2016 • 195 Posts

I love when they add expansion packs with significant content months after the game is released. I just love it. And I dont mind paying for it at all.

Imagine a world with no dlc... you love the game but there is nothing more once you finish it... no more maps on multiplayer ....no more extra story and quests.

Dlc isnt bad. Its optional extra content to the game. You dont like it dont buy it. simple. you like it buy it. simple

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

DLC is a hot button issue for games. There is a group of gamers the seem like they would scream on it cost one cent for extra content to the game. I think that DLC are the best compromise for the players and the companies. Keep in mind that games cost more but gamers are not paying more for games so DLC is a good way of getting more money with out forcing the player base to pay more for the game peried.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

Resident Evil 7 was 8 hours long Resident Evil 4 was 20 hours long. RE4 had no DLC RE7 has a season pass. I don't like being ripped off on content.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

It really depends on the game. I have spend hundreds on official DLC as well as payware mods for 2 games. Back when developers actually released expansion/mission packs that added a few more weapons, more maps as well as more missions, yeah, I bought them too as it added to the game as a whole. RSE did it right back then.

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#7 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

@jdc6305: RE1, RE2 and RE3 were like 5h or less long ... But you replay the game many times, you unlocked different senarios etc.

RE4 you unlock a gun and well ... why would you replay the thing ?

This is the problem of modern game, you play them one time and there is no reason to go back to it ... so DLC make sense but still

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 WhiteKnight77

@Coco_pierrot said:

@jdc6305: RE1, RE2 and RE3 were like 5h or less long ... But you replay the game many times, you unlocked different senarios etc.

RE4 you unlock a gun and well ... why would you replay the thing ?

This is the problem of modern game, you play them one time and there is no reason to go back to it ... so DLC make sense but still

If you have to unlock the parts of the game to make a game more difficult or to keep people playing for more than a few days, then you are doing it wrong.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#9 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

If I like the game and feel it's a really, complete package, then hear there's a proper DLC pack coming out (proper in that it's an expansion of what we already have) then yeah I'll likely buy it. But if I feel cheated for NOT having the DLC, then screw that.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58856 Posts

In the old days when a game like Quake, or Battlefield, or Halflife got additional content people were optimistic. For that £19 you knew you were going to get your moneys worth. 4-5 hour single player, new multiplayer maps, new weapons, abilities, upgraded graphics e.t.c...

Now when dlc announced the response is usually "What shit are they going to try pull?"...

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 soul_starter
Member since 2013 • 1377 Posts

@uninspiredcup: spot on man!

Seriously, the stuff Japanese companies have started to pull is ridiculous...seriously, try that in any otheri ndustry and it'd be illegal.

I will say however, if a game is released with some true content worthy of paying up yet again, i.e. the dlc for Fallout 3, then why the hell not. I got TW3 GOTY edition and I havent played through the dlc stuff but it looks huge, so I would have had no problem paying for it when it was released separately.

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#12 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

@WhiteKnight77: To me you are doing it right. Now that you've played the game there some goodies for you. It is a reason to go back to it or to try something difficult because there might be something to unlock ... now the only thing you unlock is a trophy/acheivement and so no reason to go back.

I remember unlocking the flamethrower in RE1 for Chris and be super happy to take revange on some ennemies by burning them.

Or in the second God Of War, some costumes were super cool like one of them let you have infinite magic, it is fun to go back and just destroy everything when some part of the game were more difficult.

To me DLC are artificial and more benefic for online games than single player games.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

In the old days when a game like Quake, or Battlefield, or Halflife got additional content people were optimistic. For that £19 you knew you were going to get your moneys worth. 4-5 hour single player, new multiplayer maps, new weapons, abilities, upgraded graphics e.t.c...

Now when dlc announced the response is usually "What shit are they going to try pull?"...

The old day where you get a game and then need to pay like $30 for more for an expansion.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 WhiteKnight77

@Coco_pierrot said:

@WhiteKnight77: To me you are doing it right. Now that you've played the game there some goodies for you. It is a reason to go back to it or to try something difficult because there might be something to unlock ... now the only thing you unlock is a trophy/acheivement and so no reason to go back.

I remember unlocking the flamethrower in RE1 for Chris and be super happy to take revange on some ennemies by burning them.

Or in the second God Of War, some costumes were super cool like one of them let you have infinite magic, it is fun to go back and just destroy everything when some part of the game were more difficult.

To me DLC are artificial and more benefic for online games than single player games.

I look at a game like Rainbow Six or Rogue Spear as great games. They were not linear and they gave you everything, including weapons, characters and accessories from the get go. Those 2 games were actually 2 games in one. The planning stage and the action stage. Now the games are vastly different. They are pure action and you have to unlock this or unlock that. There is nothing to keep one playing after a few months (and why games of that ilk are called flavor of the month games) without DLC.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#15 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

If it's a game I love then sure.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#16  Edited By lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

If the game ships with an acceptable amount of content and i want to play more, then absolutely.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#17 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

It depends on the depth of the content, if it really adds anything to the game.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#18 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Why are we having this thread again?

You already posted this question with another account, so did that one get banned.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

If I feel that the content is worth then I most certainly would and have purchased DLC for games.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1853 Posts

Come for the base game....STAY for the horse armor....