Would anyone else like to see a first person 'Tomb Raider' game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by DecadesOfGaming (3090 posts) -

Personally I've been wishing for a first person Tomb Raider title for a long time now..

Developers have already experimented with the franchise by releasing the 'top down' Arcade title 'Tomb Raider: The Guardian Of Light' which was a success.. So I wonder if they will ever take another leap of faith and devolop a first person Parkour Tomb Raider game.

I wonder if my wish will ever come true.. Time will tell.

Not gunna hold my breath though!

#2 Posted by GodModeEnabled (15314 posts) -
Platforming is freaking terrible in first person view, So thats' a big fat no from me. It would be more fun to staplegun raw chicken all over my naked body and then jump into crocodile infested waters.
#3 Posted by punkpunker (3320 posts) -

might as well be a platformer in a sense like mirror's edge

#4 Posted by c_rakestraw (14579 posts) -

Platforming is freaking terrible in first person view, So thats' a big fat no from me. It would be more fun to staplegun raw chicken all over my naked body and then jump into crocodile infested waters.GodModeEnabled

Pretty much this.

The only time platforming in first-person works is when the process is being streamlined (Portal's portal gun, for instance, or Dishonored's teleport ability).

#5 Posted by Vickman178 (1035 posts) -

NOOO! We have enough FPS games the last thing we need are games that were never made to be played that way turned into one!

#6 Posted by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

Not me. I enjoy tomb raider for what it is. If I want a first person game like you're describing I'll play Turok or something :)

#7 Posted by Everiez (1946 posts) -

I don't like FP view in game so a big NO.

#8 Posted by NaveedLife (17175 posts) -

might as well be a platformer in a sense like mirror's edge

punkpunker

Funny you mention this. I have been thinking up a game (obviously with no hope of it ever coming to fruition :P) that would be first person with an emphasis on platforming, exploration, and maybe puzzles. No combat at all. Just a beautifully detailed world with just you on it, and a control scheme similar to Mirrors Edge. Of course it would be expanded upon a lot and changed in ways. I think a relatively realistic feeling that pushes the limits and possibly stretches the imagination (in terms of awe inspiring environments) in a platformer adventure liek this would awesome.

I am not sure Tomb Raider should be an FP game, but a game liek I described could be awesome.

#9 Posted by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

Funny you mention this. I have been thinking up a game (obviously with no hope of it ever coming to fruition :P) that would be first person with an emphasis on platforming, exploration, and maybe puzzles. No combat at all. Just a beautifully detailed world with just you on it, and a control scheme similar to Mirrors Edge. Of course it would be expanded upon a lot and changed in ways. I think a relatively realistic feeling that pushes the limits and possibly stretches the imagination (in terms of awe inspiring environments) in a platformer adventure liek this would awesome.

NaveedLife

You could call it Myst VI !

#10 Posted by Branmuffin316 (1200 posts) -

No. How would be able to see her ta ta's?

#11 Posted by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

Branmuffin316

At that size? They'd be on screen beside your hands holding the gun :)

#12 Posted by NaveedLife (17175 posts) -

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Chickan_117

You could call it Myst VI !

Lol isn't Myst a point and click game? I have never played any of them, but I know that much. How is this like myst? :P

#13 Posted by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

It's not really, I was just having some fun. By the end of the series Myst was a FP 3D game where you basically roamed around the place finding and solving puzzles. Thus the correlation between that and your idea :)

#14 Posted by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -
jesus christ, yes. not that i'd be particularly interested in playing it without more information, but i'd love to see how a tomb raider game that didnt allow you to stare at lara croft the entire time would sell.
#15 Posted by punkpunker (3320 posts) -

[QUOTE="Branmuffin316"]

Chickan_117

At that size? They'd be on screen beside your hands holding the gun :)

like this?

311160-trespasser_02health_super.jpg

#16 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -

Personally I've been wishing for a first person Tomb Raider title for a long time now..

Developers have already experimented with the franchise by releasing the 'top down' Arcade title 'Tomb Raider: The Guardian Of Light' which was a success.. So I wonder if they will ever take another leap of faith and devolop a first person Parkour Tomb Raider game.

I wonder if my wish will ever come true.. Time will tell.

Not gunna hold my breath though!

DecadesOfGaming
God no. No no no no no!
#17 Posted by GhettoBlastin92 (1144 posts) -
No I would not.
#18 Posted by blueboxdoctor (2397 posts) -

No, and I think with the new Tomb Raider everyone will likely be back on board with the franchise. I just hope it doesn't turn into a straight up action game halfway through, as the beginning survival type stuff looks to be fun and going into all action will probably make it feel not as unique. It'll be interesting to see how puzzles are implemented in the new game.

#19 Posted by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

like this?

311160-trespasser_02health_super.jpg

punkpunker

Lol, exactly!

#20 Posted by CRS98 (9036 posts) -
If done well in the transition much like Metroid Prime, I don't see why not.
#21 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

Naaah, would be too hard, Lara wouldn't be able to look down.

#22 Posted by Ricardomz (2329 posts) -

Well, they could mix it a little with Mirror's Edge and see what would happen. But it would very risky, and if that would go wrong it would be terrible for the Tomb Raider IP.

#23 Posted by Blueresident87 (5335 posts) -

No, then it wouldn't be Tomb Raider.

When Metroid Prime came out I was not excited about it at all for this exact reason. Granted, that game is moderately fun but it doesn't feel like Metroid to me because the 2D sidescrolling games are true Metroid games. Tomb Raider should remain a 3rd person game.

#24 Posted by PetJel (3722 posts) -

Concept doesn't really appeal to me. I like the thirdp gameplay.

#25 Posted by koospetoors (3244 posts) -

Branmuffin316

Trespasser sure did it well, all you had to do was look down and boom!

So yeah, might just as well take inspiration from that.

EDIT: Ahhhh darn it! Someone beat me to it! Oh well, boobs lol.