worst mainstream gaming company

This topic is locked from further discussion.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

I know a lot of people will say EA, though I disagree and only think they are criticized because they sell the most.

Right now, it's a tie between Capcom and Sega, both of which USED to be great companies.

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

EA treats its customers like crap.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

Ricardomz

yet it makes good games and good series'

so bittersweet

Alpha_S_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Alpha_S_
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts

EA is the one I genuinely dislike.  I don't like how it treats its customers, I don't like the way it buys up IPs and devs I liked then proceeds to mill it out removing the core of what made it good, frequently trashing devs and driving out creative talent, I don't like Origin and constant DRM, their love of day one DLC.  They do have actual talent in some of their studios and are capable of putting out good games, but every game they put out sullied in some way by their corporate practices.  They're the parasites of the industry leeching off the creative talent they buy up and sucking the soul out of otherwise good IPs.  The sooner their empire collapses the happier I'll be. 

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I would say EA but Im a huge Fifa fan.

Sega or Activision I guess.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Ea.

Gearbox.

Bethesda.

Obsidian.

Nintendo.

Capcom.

Konami.

Sqaure enix.

Its hard for me to pick just one.

Alpha_S_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Alpha_S_
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts

Just curious, but why do you hate Obsidian?

Beagle050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Beagle050
Member since 2008 • 737 Posts

Hands down clear winner of this thread - NovaLogic (maker of Delta Force series, Commanche series). It's really beyond belief, but:

2003 - Creates "Delta Force: Black Hawk Down" and then "Delta Force: Black Hawk Down Team Sabre (expansion)." Both are hits

2004 - Creates Joint Operations, a hit video game. Fanbase is in the 10s of thousands.

2005 - Remakes the original Delta Force game, called "Delta Force Xtreme," includes only half of the campaign. Puts vehicles in it for some reason, making it not at all faithful to the original. Game costs $20 and is extremely buggy. Definite "budget" feel to it.

2008 - Remakes their website, announces "Delta Force: Black Operations."

2009 - After no activity for 3 years, makes "Delta Force Xtreme 2," a game which had absolutely nothing to do with the original Delta Force (1998) game or Delta Force Xtreme, meaning that the title made no sense. Consisted of a campaign that had 10 short levels, half of which could not be completed half of the time. Fan base consists of 1000 people at most at this point. Implements a "Gold" subscription model of paid servers despite having a fanbase of 1000 people.

2009 - Renames "Delta Force: Black Operations" to "Delta Force: Angel Falls." Delta Force Xtreme 2 dies before the end of the year, with servers being mostly empty.

2012 - Sues Activision over copyright infringement for using the Delta Force logo in their "Modern Warfare 3" title, tries to acquire millions in profits that Activision gained from "Modern Warfare 3." Loses case in summary judgement.

2013 - Website still refers to "Delta Force Xtreme 2" as an 'upcoming title' despite having been released 4 years ago, staff is nonexistant on their own forums and silently deletes critical posts. "Delta Force: Angel Falls" lives on as vaporware. Activision calls NovaLogic a "defunct" company, hinting at copyright trolling.

Can anyone top this? This is pretty sad.

ShermheadRyder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ShermheadRyder
Member since 2013 • 101 Posts

[QUOTE="Ricardomz"]

drekula2

yet it makes good games and good series'

so bittersweet

Sums it up! Servers om games such as FIFA have been terrible for years too
phantomxxxxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 phantomxxxxxxx
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Flip a coin between EA and Capcom.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

EA or Capcom, easily.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Capcom

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

EA for seriously hurting Maxis and BioWare, two once great companies who've been sucked out a lot of Blood by Vampire FEAngs.

But to be fair, since Ricitello has gone and the new guy is in charge EA seems to be on a atonement way. They even seem to learn now when they say the catastrophal launch of Sim City has teached them to make The Sims 4 an Offline playable game again (not that I'm interested in Sims 4, but it's a sign for sure)

But for the past I'm still watching them carefully and will be looking forward to Battlefield 4 and DICE (pretty much the only Studio under EA contract that they have not ruined yet) as a kind of Point of Importance in their further behaviour

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#14 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

Right now I'd say Capcom. 

EA is just as bad in terms of customer screwing but a lot of their developers are top tier. 

Capcom, however, keeps outsourcing their games while continuously pulling ridiculous BS. There are still quality games coming from Capcom, but they're a far cry from what made us love them in the first place. 

isv666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 isv666
Member since 2005 • 161 Posts

EA is the one I genuinely dislike.  I don't like how it treats its customers, I don't like the way it buys up IPs and devs I liked then proceeds to mill it out removing the core of what made it good, frequently trashing devs and driving out creative talent, I don't like Origin and constant DRM, their love of day one DLC.  They do have actual talent in some of their studios and are capable of putting out good games, but every game they put out sullied in some way by their corporate practices.  They're the parasites of the industry leeching off the creative talent they buy up and sucking the soul out of otherwise good IPs.  The sooner their empire collapses the happier I'll be. 

Alpha_S_

I think this sums up EA pretty well and I agree entirely.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

Valve.

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#17 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

Its a tie between Activision and EA for me.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

Lol, everyone hates EA and they don't even know why. It's Activision just because of COD. That would be enough but add Skylanders and it's a wash.

t1striker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 t1striker
Member since 2003 • 1549 Posts

I have to say activision because I'd rate my poop higher than their games. They only have one good franchise Call of Duty and I only think its ok and don't get the hype.

EA actually produces good games on occasion.

Ubisoft while I haven't really liked a game from them since beyond good and evil they still create some worthwhile games just not my style.

Capcom hell they made dragon's dogma I love that game. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate I love that game.

Can't believe someone said obsidian which I consider one of the best game devs out there right now(though their games can be buggy).

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

The only right answer is EA. 

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

Valve.

wiouds

WHA....? o_O

Oh, wiouds....

Hseptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Hseptic
Member since 2003 • 1566 Posts
I was gonna say EA
muffin200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 muffin200
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts

Vari3ty

I think Capcom are worse.  EA are at least honest in there intentions to bend you over Capcom just try to hide it.

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#24 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts

Any company that sells exlusive rights to a console manufacturer because I believe in the philosophy that games should be available and accessible to all and one shouldn't be forced to buy an expensive console just to be able to play games because they were made for entertainment. Free games! 

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

[QUOTE="wiouds"]

Valve.

Justforvisit

WHA....? o_O

Oh, wiouds....

Given that I have no personal problem with any game companies. I just find that Valve have not done that much that is really good for a numbers of years. The best things I can say about them are: portal 1 and 2 were a good one time games, and that they are almost as good of retailler as best buy (their EULA is one of the worst I read).

I blame game devoplers for problem with their games. Any problem I have with Bioware game are Bioware.

It seem most of the problems that gamers have with activision comes from CoD and uinproven logic that comes from that.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

Activision. EA at least puts out a decent game occasionally. Activision only has CoD and Skylanders.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

muffin200

I think Capcom are worse.  EA are at least honest in there intentions to bend you over Capcom just try to hide it.

EA and "honest" should never be in the same sentence.Â