World war 1 Assassin's Creed?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SonyNintendoFan (527 posts) -

Would you play that?

Who would you like desmond to be? A frenchman? German? Russian?

#2 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18507 posts) -
At this point they wrote themselves into a corner: the age of guns means turning a game into Hitman. They'd be fools not to go back in time again. The French Revolution is perfect.
#3 Posted by chaplainDMK (6841 posts) -
At this point they wrote themselves into a corner: the age of guns means turning a game into Hitman. They'd be fools not to go back in time again. The French Revolution is perfect.Black_Knight_00
No way would World War 1 turn the game into Hitman. It would probably be really interesting running around the western front, or inciting revolution in Russia.
#4 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

Quite frankly, I want them to go into an era of the samurai in Japan and maybe ninjitsu. That would be pretty interesting to me!

#5 Posted by homeboylizard (1289 posts) -
The French Revolution is a good setting; but guns were already there, and if they don't revamp the gun mechanics, which is really bad for now, I don't see it turning out as a good, realistic game.
#6 Posted by MAS_100 (81 posts) -

Definitely not a World War 1 game. I don't think it would suit the Assassin's Creed series if I'm honest. Assassin's Creed 3 is my opinion disappointed with elements of it's story and the battles you played a part in. I think the next Assassin;s Creed needs to go somewhere different for the franchise, a new location but with familiar features, i.e. Feature more rooftop for traversing cities.

#7 Posted by Legendaryscmt (12532 posts) -

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]At this point they wrote themselves into a corner: the age of guns means turning a game into Hitman. They'd be fools not to go back in time again. The French Revolution is perfect.chaplainDMK
No way would World War 1 turn the game into Hitman. It would probably be really interesting running around the western front, or inciting revolution in Russia.

The problem is that the weapons during this time were much more advanced than what we've seen in the AC series. No doubt, it would be awesome going around WWI Europe, but at the same time the design challenges would be too great. In order to make it work, the game would need to rely more on fire arms than close combat. It's one thing to have a pistol and musket that can only get off a shot here and there, but another to have weapons that can shoot several rounds a minute and can be reloaded just as fast.

#8 Posted by dramaybaz (6020 posts) -
Cavalry charge against tanks!
#9 Posted by TheFallenDemon (13933 posts) -

I'd like to see the series go to China. Any time period where the architechture is suitable is fine.

Just to PO everyone that wanted Japan.

#10 Posted by spike6958 (4826 posts) -
No, I wouldn't play a WWI Assassin's Creed. The only Assassin's Creeds I want now are Ancient Egypt, or Feudal Japan
#11 Posted by punkpunker (3321 posts) -

1930's china seems more suitable and the plans for wwii could make a major role.

#12 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -
No, I wouldn't play a WWI Assassin's Creed. The only Assassin's Creeds I want now are Ancient Egypt, or Feudal Japanspike6958
Lol feudal japan. Such a boring period to set AC in.
#13 Posted by Minishdriveby (10010 posts) -
At this point they wrote themselves into a corner: the age of guns means turning a game into Hitman. They'd be fools not to go back in time again. The French Revolution is perfect.Black_Knight_00
French Revolution wouldn't be going back in time. It starts 6 years after Connor's story ends.
#14 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

Ironically the latest Hitman felt a little AC to me anyway.

#15 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

A little out there but i'd like to see Prohibition era New York or Chicago.

#16 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18414 posts) -
I'd rather an open world FPS WW1 game.
#17 Posted by Chemistian (635 posts) -
There are countless places and eras they could choose, going forward or backward. The aforementioned places such as feudal Japan or ancient Egypt sound good. Could also look at the Inca, Aztec and Mayan civilizations. So many to choose from. However, interest in the US civil war seems at an all time high. For the first time in my lifetime, people who have a minimal interest in history can name members of Lincoln's cabinet, such as Chase and Seward, among others. I think from a purely profit standpoint, this is where to go.
#18 Posted by Granny_Spanked (1326 posts) -
I have lost interest in the series, I would only be Interested in an adventure to the height of the roman empire or maybe somewhere in Macedonia.
#19 Posted by JustPlainLucas (74164 posts) -

Quite frankly, I want them to go into an era of the samurai in Japan and maybe ninjitsu. That would be pretty interesting to me!

Metamania
Would LOVE LOVE LOVE feudal Japan!
#20 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
no... world war 2 assassins creed though... mmmmm soo good.
#21 Posted by lamprey263 (24134 posts) -
they need to go to feudal Japan, I wanna be a ninja assassin, pieces of Eden are all over the world, and so far we've only concerned ourselves with Europe, now colonial America, let's go somewhere else
#22 Posted by funsohng (28104 posts) -
they need to go to feudal Japan, I wanna be a ninja assassin, pieces of Eden are all over the world, and so far we've only concerned ourselves with Europe, now colonial America, let's go somewhere elselamprey263
Westerners have funny fantasies about ninjas it's ridiculous. If you are setting it in Japan, pick a better period with genuinely interesting political intrigues that fits with AC's theme of freedom vs control, Meiji Restoration. Or if you just want it to be in Asia, China from early 20th century is more chaotic than anything Japan has to offer.
#23 Posted by johnd13 (8214 posts) -

Anything too modern like War World I personally doesn' t appeal to me at all.

#24 Posted by Minishdriveby (10010 posts) -
Personally places I would like them to expand upon: Hellenization period (300-200 BC): We know Alexander the Great was backed by the Templars, and was able to expand his empire from Macedonia to India and Egypt. Egypt could be a setting for this period because of the Library of Alexandria which would be an awesome Templar research institute. East India Company/British Colonization : A mega corporation (sound familiar? Abstergo) during the time of the British Empire's colonization efforts. The game could be set in India. The flag was also spotted in the developers office. French Revolution (1789) - Napoleon's exile (1815): Interesting time where France became the dominating mainland force on Europe. It starts out during the french revolution and spans till the end of Napoleon.
#25 Posted by Kevlar101 (6204 posts) -
Let me put it like this: the CURRENT storyline is a mess. It worked fine in AC, AC2, and Brotherhood...... but in Revelations and AC3, it turned into a contorted, warped, cancerous mess. As someone else here has said, Ubi wrote themselves into a corner. don't get me wrong, I love the first civilization storyline, but to me, it has gone way too far. It has gotten ridiculous. Now, this was inevitable from the moment the ending of AC2 happened, so to me, AC3 was destined to be a mess, story wise. Now, the ending of AC3, while disappointing, does open up tons of new story opportunities for AC4, BUT........ that storyline is very tired. I am tired of it. Others are too. My idea? leave it alone for now, come back to it later. Wait awhile for AC4, and make spin-offs. 2, preferably. just for 2 games, FORGET about that First Civilization stuff. Do what AC does best: Assassins VS. Templars. Simple. Take the Napoleon Wars, or the French Revolution, and use that. It would be perfect. NO pieces of Eden. NO first civilization. Just Templars as Napoleon, and the Assassins. And, even WW1, as the TC said. I said "preferably 2 spin-offs"..... one in Napoleon, one in WW1. Just Templars VS. Assassins, no Pieces of Eden crap, just for now.
#26 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

I think you should be able to play as Adam and Eve from The Truth

#27 Posted by Kevlar101 (6204 posts) -

Ilovegames1992
No, not in a whole game..... maybe later in like AC4 as an occasional side-story
#28 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Kevlar101

No, not in a whole game..... maybe later in like AC4 as an occasional side-story

Yeah maybe just as a prologue/epilogue.

The problem with Ancient Japan is that it would be a lot more boring than people would hope. And Ancient Egypt would only be to climb the pyramids, once that's out of the way people wouldn't care.

#29 Posted by Kevlar101 (6204 posts) -

[QUOTE="Kevlar101"][QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Ilovegames1992

The problem with Ancient Japan is that it would be a lot more boring than people would hope. And Ancient Egypt would only be to climb the pyramids, once that's out of the way people wouldn't care.

Well, try reading an earlier post of mine here on Page 2..... I'm curious to hear peoples opinions. In a way, it kind of links to what you said.
#30 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="Kevlar101"] No, not in a whole game..... maybe later in like AC4 as an occasional side-storyKevlar101

Well, try reading an earlier post of mine here on Page 2..... I'm curious to hear peoples opinions. In a way, it kind of links to what you said.

I pretty much agree with what you put to be honest. I thought it was a convoluted mess ever since Brotherhood. Was too much.

Although to be honest i'm not really apposed to WW1. There wasn't enough technlogy yet to make  the current gameplay redundant. Plus maybe the idea of trench warfare and assassins may be interesting. I don't know. French Revolution would be fun though.

#31 Posted by Kevlar101 (6204 posts) -

Ilovegames1992

I pretty much agree with what you put to be honest. I thought it was a convoluted mess ever since Brotherhood. Was too much.

Although to be honest i'm not really apposed to WW1. There wasn't enough technlogy yet to make  the current gameplay redundant. Plus maybe the idea of trench warfare and assassins may be interesting. I don't know. French Revolution would be fun though.

Very. I mean, in my head I am imagining a hooded guy just running through the trenches going after one guy while a battle goes on all around (WW1 setting)..... and just running around 1910s era Europe..... it would be awesome, just awesome. That it one of my favorite time periods, and if an AC game was set in WW1, and it was done well, I would NOT be hesitant to buy it.
#32 Posted by BranKetra (48734 posts) -
Feudal Japan and China with the great wall built can be good locations and times to use as settings.
#33 Posted by Minishdriveby (10010 posts) -
Let me put it like this: the CURRENT storyline is a mess. It worked fine in AC, AC2, and Brotherhood...... but in Revelations and AC3, it turned into a contorted, warped, cancerous mess. As someone else here has said, Ubi wrote themselves into a corner. don't get me wrong, I love the first civilization storyline, but to me, it has gone way too far. It has gotten ridiculous. Now, this was inevitable from the moment the ending of AC2 happened, so to me, AC3 was destined to be a mess, story wise. Now, the ending of AC3, while disappointing, does open up tons of new story opportunities for AC4, BUT........ that storyline is very tired. I am tired of it. Others are too. My idea? leave it alone for now, come back to it later. Wait awhile for AC4, and make spin-offs. 2, preferably. just for 2 games, FORGET about that First Civilization stuff. Do what AC does best: Assassins VS. Templars. Simple. Take the Napoleon Wars, or the French Revolution, and use that. It would be perfect. NO pieces of Eden. NO first civilization. Just Templars as Napoleon, and the Assassins. And, even WW1, as the TC said. I said "preferably 2 spin-offs"..... one in Napoleon, one in WW1. Just Templars VS. Assassins, no Pieces of Eden crap, just for now. Kevlar101
Napoleon had a piece of Eden though... that's part of the canon.
#34 Posted by Minishdriveby (10010 posts) -

Ilovegames1992

Not true. Just because the only architecture you know are the pyramids doesn't mean it's the only architecture that's famous in Egypt. I already suggested a game in Egypt should take place in Alexandria which has tons of famous places, (Pharos' Lighthouse, Library of Alexandria, etc.) Cairo would be cool too, and seeing how Alexandria and Cairo are closer together than Boston and New York, I don't see why we couldn't have an Egyptian AC game take place in both cities.

#35 Posted by Sstrawberryjam (21 posts) -

Any period in history with enough conflict would be great. Just wish it was a story about humans without any of the alien/animus nonsense involved. Wishful thinking eh?

#36 Posted by Kevlar101 (6204 posts) -

Any period in history with enough conflict would be great. Just wish it was a story about humans without any of the alien/animus nonsense involved. Wishful thinking eh?

Sstrawberryjam
They were not aliens. and read my post, its similar to your idea. Its longish.
#37 Posted by Sstrawberryjam (21 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sstrawberryjam"]

Kevlar101

They were not aliens. and read my post, its similar to your idea. Its longish.

I never actually meant aliens, just that they are on that level of dumb :lol:

I definetly agree with you though, if it was a straight up battle for power throughout different historical periods the story could really be great.