bignosycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bignosycat
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Hello all, thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Just started Wolfenstein New Blood and cannot sprint and slid. L3 plus the 0 button. I have to slide under a gate door and have no idea how to do it. I stand, run, then press 0 to go under but have no idea where I am going wrong. Had issues with this in the last Wolfenstein it took me 30 - 50 times to do it. I watched someone do it on youtube but it did not help.

How far do you have to run?

When do you press the 0 button - how close to the door do you have to be?

there is a white cursor - should I be looking down when doing this? Where do you place your cursor when running? Tips like this will help me

I am assuming you are standing when running.. the video I watched - player seemed to be crouched all the time (maybe this was the angle video shot at).

Any tips would be appreciated. I need idiot proof instructions as I am stuck and cannot move on. I am fairly new to the PS4 and on the old side.

thank you

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#2 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Hello,

Face the door, take about three steps back, and sprint. When you sprint, make sure your character is close enough to go through the opening. After that, the game automatically has Blazkowicz grab his pipe. All you need to go through the door is enough room to start the sliding animation.

It should be as simple as that.

bignosycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bignosycat

@BranKetra: Thank you for the reply. am I sprinting correctly? 1.) do I stand up push the 2.) L3 button forward then press O button at same time? I have tried many times I must be doing something wrong - I need idiot proof assume I know nothing. I had the same issue with the last Wolfenstein. I am new to PS4 so not skilled with the controls.

Like with sprinting - you push the L3 forward - on the PC playing games I could sprint fast on the PS4 it is all the same speed. when you walk you push L3 to go forward - the speeds are the same on PS4 walking and sprinting - am missing something?

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By branketra

@bignosycat: In order to sprint, position your character in an open space, push the left control stick forward to begin jogging (all the way forward) then once Blazkowicz begins jogging, click the left control stick and your character shall begin moving forward rapidly. You cannot sprint sideways (left or right) or backwards.

I have the PS4 version. In it, the movement speeds are different depending on the user input. Your controller might need repairs or replacing.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5  Edited By Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

You need to be sprinting first. That means not only pushing the analogue stick upwards to move fowards put also clicking the stick in. If you aren't used to a PS4 controller you should know you can click the sticks in as if they were buttons. It sounds to me like you are only tilting the stick, but not pressing it down like a button. That would explain why you are the same speed: you aren't actually triggering the sprint.

You'll know you're sprinting as you'll get a speed boost. During the sprint hit O. The slide is quite long so you don't have to time it particularly well at all (so earlier is probably better than later).

bignosycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bignosycat

@BranKetra: @Articuno76: Thank you so much - pushing in the button was the clue I needed. What I need is a Controller Tutorial on how to use them properly. I bought a second set when had issues on the last Wolfenstein I thought something was wrong as I had shooting issues could not hold the cursor on the target it wobbled back and forth. I have been playing FarCry4 with no issues. Played lots of PC games in the past but not on a daily basis for the last 7 yrs. Used to play Unreal Tournament INVASION daily on a good server which had lots of mods.

Thank you for the help I appreciated it greatly. On some sites I would be the object of ridicule.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By branketra

Sure.

It is called "The Old Blood," by the way.

bignosycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bignosycat

@BranKetra: sorry the last one I had the same issue with was The New Order I mixed up the titles will see if I can edit the title thank you.

I played Return to Castle Wolfenstein years ago. The only one I have not played is the 3d version.

I am also playing FarCry4 and cannot jump well. In one of the towers you have to jump a great distance and I made it once only to find another jump further up the tower. So I missed that jump had to start at the bottom. Is there a special way to jump? I believe there is a jumping skill that you purchase which has been done.

thank you