Priestwithgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Priestwithgun
Member since 2015 • 132 Posts

Ok,first of all I like the game overall,great story,graphics and colors. I play on blood and broken bones difficulty on PC,30 limited; v sync disabled.

The problem I am facing is that keys don't really respond in time or don't register at all. Like I just dodged and I press q while in air or with one foot on ground,it should register or after I take damage I can't pull up my sword or dodge for a large part of a second,this makes fighting mobs really hard if u r not totally defensive even if the damage is just 10% of yur health,and there is no push back keys won't register.

Priestwithgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Priestwithgun

Oh and also it annoyingly locks onto a target automatically. I maybe moving camera or other enemy is lot nearer but geralt still attacks the same enemy

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

that sounds very odd. the game is quite responsive on my pc, to such a degree that I find it fairly easy to catch a wolf midair before it strikes, with light blows, or simply lazily jump out of the way.

I think you can enable/disable Lock on by pressing z, although I am not sure, I seem to remember Lock on in the tutorial.

When all that is said, I do have issues with the standard controls in the game, which I consider clunky for a wide range of reasons.

Priestwithgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Priestwithgun

@Maddie_Larkin I don't use lock,game chooses a target for me and waits for it to go way out of range(I am not sure hat exactly triggers it,just guessing) before switching targets. And it automatically switches targets if any other enemy attacks or fails to attack me even when the one I am attacking is 1 hp

I could believe tht other things be on my side only but this should be a common problem

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Works wonderfully to me. I can take on mobs of beasts and bandits without barely taking a scratch.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

@priestwithgun said:

@Maddie_Larkin I don't use lock,game chooses a target for me and waits for it to go way out of range(I am not sure hat exactly triggers it,just guessing) before switching targets. And it automatically switches targets if any other enemy attacks or fails to attack me even when the one I am attacking is 1 hp

I could believe tht other things be on my side only but this should be a common problem

certainly would'nt rule out some kind of error in the games coding for some hardware configurations. Sounds rather annoying aswell. bad input to a game can really ruin the entire game :\ I hope it is some odd glitch otherwise I could Imagind that the annoyance will end up too much.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19564 Posts

Could the input lag be related to your graphical settings? Limiting the framerate to 30 might be the culprit.

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gwynnblade
Member since 2015 • 931 Posts

@Planeforger said:

Could the input lag be related to your graphical settings? Limiting the framerate to 30 might be the culprit.

This^ if other people were having this issue, it would of been something else. Are you used to playing 30 fps or 60?

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9  Edited By cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1939 Posts

It's sort of like this on consoles but I wouldn't say its an issue. Combat is a bit more slow and deliberate than Witcher 2 it seems. I find it to be less "button-mashy" in a sense. Timing the quick dodge and the counter is key, both of which I have no issue with at all if my timing is right. But once I get off, I suffer greatly as multiple enemies have no problem surrounding you and piling on the blows.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

My framerates are between low 30's to mid 40's. No problem with controls delay on mouse and keyboard.

I usually avoid crowds though. Whenever I have enemies front and behind, I'd roll out of the way and take down the nearest baddie.