Witcher 3 info! thousands of citizens, houses enterable

#1 Edited by Revan_911 (1709 posts) -

Plus everything in the world is handcrafted and there will be dozens of handcrafted dungeons.

http://www.gameswelt.tv/the-witcher-3-wilde-jagd/e3-2014-video-interview-mit-peter-gelencser,40585

ALSO EVERY CITIZEN HAS A DAILY ROUTINE, LIKE GETTING UP AND GOING TO WORK AND GOING TO BED

edit: here's some city gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sufwxU_Uaz4

#2 Posted by Ariabed (1105 posts) -

Just like skyrim then :/

#3 Posted by wiouds (5208 posts) -

Sounds like a "too good to be true" but if it is true then what a waste.

#4 Edited by Revan_911 (1709 posts) -

@ariabed said:

Uwotmate I love Skyrim but capital of Empire had 20 people living in it

#5 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18479 posts) -

@Revan_911 said:

@ariabed said:

That's interesting, because the capital of the Empire is not in Skyrim

#6 Posted by 10854 (109 posts) -

Really cool. Never played games like this before and I want witcher 3 to be my first. Been following it for some time. Is there really that much to explore?

#7 Posted by Ariabed (1105 posts) -

@Revan_911: would be interesting to know how many enterable houses there are in skyrim.

#8 Posted by johnd13 (8147 posts) -

This game is going to be AMAZING! A true next-gen RPG experience.

Does anybody know if after finishing the main story-line, the world will remain open to explore? For example, after the main quest is done to continue traveling the game's world completing side-quests. I hope that's going to be the case with a world as massive as this.

#9 Posted by Revan_911 (1709 posts) -

@10854 said:

Really cool. Never played games like this before and I want witcher 3 to be my first. Been following it for some time. Is there really that much to explore?

Yeah man, I've been following a bit about what's going on E3. It's crazy, What they showed at the MS press conference wasn't even that impressive.Their 45 minute closed presentation was apparently very good.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2014-could-the-witcher-3-be-one-of-the-best-rpgs-ever-made/1100-6420354/

It's certainly not the biggest gameworld out there, but they're promising that it won't have generic quests and randomly generated terrain. Every scene is hand made and every side quest and encounter will have some kind of story and context to the gameworld.

#10 Edited by Revan_911 (1709 posts) -

@ariabed said:

@Revan_911: would be interesting to know how many enterable houses there are in skyrim.

I don't know but we really shouldn't compare them. The game won't have loading screens when enterering houses, houses are part of the gameworld. Skyrim is a previous gen RPG, I'm sure Bethesda will deliver something even more impressive than this game when they make their PS4/Xone/PC Elder Scrolls.

#11 Posted by 10854 (109 posts) -

@Revan_911: Awesome thanks

#12 Posted by SovietsUnited (2305 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@Revan_911 said:

@ariabed said:

TBH the Imperial City isn't much better, it has like 50 people lol

#13 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18479 posts) -

@SovietsUnited said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@Revan_911 said:

@ariabed said:

TBH the Imperial City isn't much better, it has like 50 people lol

A 2006 game, I'll take 50 people and be thankful.

#14 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18479 posts) -

If fun of Oblivion must be made, the final epic LOTR-scale battle at the Great Gate of Oblivion should be why.

That's a Theoden speech in front of the whole might of the imperial army right there folks.

#15 Posted by Pedro (21072 posts) -

I don't know why there is a need to compare these games. Their previous gen versions offered very different gaming experiences and I expect the trend to continue for their next iterations.

#16 Posted by harry_james_pot (10834 posts) -

OMG that city! So many little details all over the place!

#17 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3365 posts) -

Old news . This had been known to most of the fans since the game's announcement . In both Witcher games , you could enter almost any house , so that's no surprise here even if the game is much bigger now .

It will be interesting to see the enhancements they've made to make AI more alive .

#18 Edited by Cloud_imperium (3365 posts) -
@ariabed said:

No city in SKYRIM is as big as Novigrad in Witcher universe .

#19 Posted by kingcrimson24 (465 posts) -

This game is one of those games that will have a big impact on the gaming industry , if it delivers all that it promises of course . from what i heard , this game is the most technical advanced game ever .

#20 Posted by firefox59 (4394 posts) -

@kingcrimson24 said:

This game is one of those games that will have a big impact on the gaming industry , if it delivers all that it promises of course . from what i heard , this game is the most technical advanced game ever .

It's already the most ambitious game ever. It doesn't even have to nail everything to be amazing. They are attempting so many things that haven't been done before.

#21 Posted by kingcrimson24 (465 posts) -

@firefox59 said:

@kingcrimson24 said:

It's already the most ambitious game ever. It doesn't even have to nail everything to be amazing. They are attempting so many things that haven't been done before.

True that . this might be the first game that gets 10/10 from gamespot since 2010 !

#22 Posted by SoNin360 (5483 posts) -

I've never played a Witcher game and am looking to give this one a try since it will be on the PS4. I have no doubt there will be plenty to explore and do, which is something I like in a game. I just hope the gameplay is fun. I hope it isn't too complicated, but I also hope it isn't too shallow, which I'm pretty sure it's not. But yeah, it looks incredible and seeing some footage has convinced me to definitely give it a try.

#23 Posted by Chatch09 (361 posts) -

....does no one know how to insert links anymore? lol

#24 Posted by Behardy24 (4241 posts) -

pumped!

#25 Edited by Revan_911 (1709 posts) -

Here's a newer 3min gameplay video that got me pretty excited. The graphics are unfinished but that's beside the points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqQMV4LRPi0

Even though it's a 100 hour RPG, they're still using body language and decent facial animation to tell the story. Johnny feels like a real character even though it's mute, most RPG's just like to tell the story with unengaging exposition dialogue.

The swamps look really atmospheric and the combat looks like fun (great improvement over Witcher 2 which many people didn't like but I did)

#26 Posted by amalager (119 posts) -

Looks interesting enough. Let's see how much of this is retained when they make the game available.

#27 Posted by MirkoS77 (7506 posts) -

Can I kill anyone I want at any time?

Aside, anyone else disappointed there was no info given for Cyberpunk 2077? I'm looking forward to the W3, but not nearly as much as this one.

#28 Posted by nutcrackr (12607 posts) -

the brothel looks great. ehehe *snort*

#29 Edited by Revan_911 (1709 posts) -

@nutcrackr said:

the brothel looks great. ehehe *snort*

Are you insinuating something?

Brothels exist in real life, there is a brother disctirct in Amsterdam, I don't know if it's intentional since Novigrad is based on medieval Amsterdam.

I've had it with people saying that including brothels in the game somehow makes it immature and pandering. Brothels exist, sex is essential and normal get over it.

#30 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13190 posts) -

Thats all very nice and all .....but then what ? This has always been the issue GTA and many other open world games.... They spend 90% of all their effort and resources making the world feel more alive and busy..... But the gameplay is just as dull and as repetitive ever. Atleast thats how it is for those of us who aren't easily distracted by something shiny.

#31 Posted by Planeforger (15730 posts) -
@Lulu_Lulu said:

Thats all very nice and all .....but then what ? This has always been the issue GTA and many other open world games.... They spend 90% of all their effort and resources making the world feel more alive and busy..... But the gameplay is just as dull and as repetitive ever. Atleast thats how it is for those of us who aren't easily distracted by something shiny.

Well, presumably this will have the same depth of choices to mull over, intricate narrative to explore, wonderful lore to read and excellent monsters to hunt as the previous games.

I'm not too worried about these guys spending too much time world building and not enough on the other stuff. They're grand storytellers first and foremost.

#32 Posted by Revan_911 (1709 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

They spend 90% of all their effort and resources making the world feel more alive and busy

This is very important for immersion, especially for RPG gamers. The world needs to make sense and have internal logic in order for the immersion to be bigger.

What open world games do you like?

#33 Posted by Revan_911 (1709 posts) -

@Planeforger said:
@Lulu_Lulu said:

Well, presumably this will have the same depth of choices to mull over, intricate narrative to explore, wonderful lore to read and excellent monsters to hunt as the previous games.

I'm not too worried about these guys spending too much time world building and not enough on the other stuff. They're grand storytellers first and foremost.

storytellers and worldbuilders.

#34 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13190 posts) -

@Planeforger

Thats what worries me.... They're gona focus all on story and skate by on gameplay..... Again.

@Revan_911

Immersion is overated.... I mean if a game is not immersive its more a reflection of the player than the game itself, since literally anything can break their immersion.

There are specific games that I do like that are open world.... But I hate their open world design.... I just like'em for their gameplay i.e. Batman.

#35 Posted by Planeforger (15730 posts) -

@Revan_911: Come to think of it, you're absolutely correct.

#36 Posted by Revan_911 (1709 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu:

well it's not like they aren't dedicating time to improving the gameplay. from what I saw the responsiveness, animations and pace has improved.

#37 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13190 posts) -

@Revan_911

Its an RPG..... I doubt the gameplay will get much of an Improvement.

#38 Posted by darkknight9174 (224 posts) -

Sounds technologically impressive, but I just hope that it adds to the gameplay experience. If it doesn't, then it is just wasted effort.

By the way, your title reads as if you can enter thousands of citizens depending on how you read it hahaha

#39 Edited by ShadowsDemon (10136 posts) -

Oh, hell yes. TW2 is my favorite game ever. Can not wait for this. Can. Not. Wait.

#40 Edited by Revan_911 (1709 posts) -

@darkknight9174:

I think that a realistic scale of a medieval city that feels alive adds to the gameplay and immersion, but I can see how many people don't feel the same way.

>> title reads as if you can enter thousands of citizens

With these developers you never know

#41 Posted by Planeforger (15730 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu: It's an RPG that plays like an action game. Did you play the previous game in the series?

#42 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18479 posts) -

What I want to know is: how many citizens are enterable?

#43 Posted by Ish_basic (4019 posts) -

they really reduced the number of enterable citizens in Witcher 2. So it's great that they're going back to their roots.

#44 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@Ish_basic said:

they really reduced the number of enterable citizens in Witcher 2. So it's great that they're going back to their roots.

enterable citizens?? sex hint?? huh?

#45 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13190 posts) -

@Planeforger

Nope.... Infact I've barely seen them.... Just screenshots... Which I only glanced at....

Anyway it really doesn't matter how good the action and gameplay is...... The biggest problem with Action RPGs is their conflicted philosophies caused by the RPG's Progression System..... Basicly what I'm trying to say is its unbalanced, you'l either be overpowered or underpowered.

#46 Edited by Ish_basic (4019 posts) -

@geniobastardo said:

@Ish_basic said:

enterable citizens?? sex hint?? huh?

welcome to the joke, sir :D