Will there be a "Complete" edition of Arkham Origins?

#1 Posted by foxhound_fox (86991 posts) -

I'm somewhat out of the planned-release loop these days, and was wondering if anyone heard rumours or news regarding a "complete" edition for Arkham Origins (considering it didn't win many GOTY awards, it probably won't be a GOTY Edition proper)?

I am interested solely because I've bought Arkham City on 360, PS3 and PC (and Asylum on 360/PC) and pretty much exhausted every facet of each version, and want more Arkham to play, but something new. I've heard mixed things about Origins, but from the little I played of it with other people, it's just "more of the same" and that's what I'm looking for right now (while I await Arkham Knight).

And at this point I don't want to go and buy the Steam version of the game and shell out for all the DLC with the possibility of a content-complete version possibly on the horizon.

#2 Edited by mastermetal777 (583 posts) -

As far as everyone knows, there's no complete edition of Arkham Origins that's been announced or teased in any capacity.

#3 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8665 posts) -

I say wait until the anouncement of any more DLC for Origins to stop.

Is anymore DLC being planned ?

#4 Posted by mastermetal777 (583 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu: I doubt it. After the Mr. Freeze DLC, all they've released so far are skin packs for the shoddy multiplayer mode.

#5 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8665 posts) -

@mastermetal777

I think its better to wait then. Infact I'm waiting for the "Ultimate Arkham Collection" :)

#6 Posted by Behardy24 (2374 posts) -
#7 Posted by foxhound_fox (86991 posts) -
#8 Posted by Behardy24 (2374 posts) -
#9 Posted by Metamania (11958 posts) -

Arkham Origins is the worst of the bunch, but it still had some good ideas going for it. It's my hope that they release Origins, Asylum, City, and eventually Knight into one package as a HD remastered version of sorts for the next-gen consoles.

#10 Posted by MirkoS77 (6881 posts) -

They've taken out the source code and.....

KILLED IT WITH FIRE!!!

#11 Posted by foxhound_fox (86991 posts) -

Arkham Origins is the worst of the bunch, but it still had some good ideas going for it. It's my hope that they release Origins, Asylum, City, and eventually Knight into one package as a HD remastered version of sorts for the next-gen consoles.

"Worst" being entirely relative. From the hour or so I played of it, it seems just like both the other games, with a few more gadgets and moves and a bunch of crippling bugs that from what I've read, have largely been fixed.

I don't doubt a lot of people went in with heightened expectations (due to City's amazingness) and were left feeling let down by essentially more of the same. I think the game probably would have been more well-received had it not come out so soon after City and had better Q&A testing.