Will the next gen of consoles FINALLY be the end of glitches, freezes, etc??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by metalgrinch (455 posts) -

So ever since the advent of video games, little pet peeves like audio and visual glitches (tearing, slowdown, etc) have been an annoying part of our gaming lives. Not to also mention games just freezing sometimes for what seems no apparant reason. Do you think the next gen of gaming will FINALLY bring an end to this?

#2 Posted by wiouds (5063 posts) -

No. With the increase if complex games and hardware. The glitches will remain. Then again sometimes glitches and the like are just bad luck.

#3 Posted by SoNin360 (5340 posts) -
Not a chance. I've experienced quite a lot of technical issues across many games, and some of that is hard to avoid when the game is just massive. Of course some can also be blamed on the devs, but I do think the next Playstation and Xbox will be able to handle games much better, though again I don't think the problems will just go away entirely.
#4 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -
There will be glitches as long as humans are the ones making video games.
#5 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18360 posts) -
lol no. If anything there will be more glitches in the new games on the new consoles while devs work out the kinks with the new harware.
#6 Posted by wis3boi (31110 posts) -

The more they try and be like wannabe PCs, the more issues you will see.

#7 Posted by funsohng (27614 posts) -
As long as there is a computer program, there will be bugs and glitches.
#8 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5973 posts) -
Ha no! They should increase, if anything. More complexity means more difficulty in most cases. If you've ever taken a programming classe, it gets harder to understand and easier to F up as complexity increases.
#9 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

No.

#10 Posted by Pedro (21037 posts) -

I don't know why you would come to such a conclusion. All these issues would remain. Better hardware does not solve software related problems especially with regards to gaming.

#11 Posted by -Unreal- (24535 posts) -

Glitches, freezes etc are not necessarily the result of a hardware error.

#12 Posted by DarkGamer007 (6024 posts) -

No it will not, and people that expect glitches to occur less with progression of technology are ridiculious. The more complex a game, or interactions between objects in a game the greater chance exists a glitch will occur, and the more difficult it will be to find them. 

#13 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

Oh, those funny posts of people who have no clue how technology works....

:D

#14 Posted by Jackc8 (8500 posts) -

No.  Why in the world would these developers hire their own games testers and pay them for many, many hours of work when they've got millions of anxious beta testers willing to pay them $60 for the privilege?  They'd have to be nuts.

It has very little to do with the hardware anyway.  This stuff is all fixed with patches post-launch, so obviously it could have been fixed prior to launch if customer satisfaction meant anything to them.

#15 Posted by MonsieurX (29490 posts) -
Bioware's still around,so no.
#16 Posted by Senor_Kami (8330 posts) -
No, I imagine it will move closer and closer to PC gaming.
#17 Posted by Granny_Spanked (1326 posts) -
Bioware's still around,so no.MonsieurX
Don't forget Bethesda
#18 Posted by megagene (22993 posts) -
That's right, TC! Just like when the PS2 was succeeded by the PS3. No more glitches! Oh, wait...
#19 Posted by gamerguru100 (10500 posts) -
As long as there is a computer program, there will be bugs and glitches.funsohng
This.
#20 Posted by AcidSoldner (7051 posts) -
I don't think you understand the concept of "glitches, freezes, etc."
#21 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34142 posts) -

The right answer has already been said ad nauseum so...

yeah.

#22 Posted by ristactionjakso (5707 posts) -

No, I would expect more.

Deadlines need to be met and the devs are able to patch updates. Sad state of gaming man.

#23 Posted by sukraj (22131 posts) -

So ever since the advent of video games, little pet peeves like audio and visual glitches (tearing, slowdown, etc) have been an annoying part of our gaming lives. Not to also mention games just freezing sometimes for what seems no apparant reason. Do you think the next gen of gaming will FINALLY bring an end to this?

metalgrinch

i hope so

#24 Posted by l34052 (3124 posts) -

If anythin there will be more glitches and problems in the next games due to the sheer complexity of them and the time frames and budgets they have in development.

Maybe mini/arcade type games will be better but the big budget proper console games will have their problems like every single gen before it and prob the forseeable future for MANY yrs to come.

#25 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70603 posts) -
i really doubt it, there will be a lot of gltiches at first
#26 Posted by Blueresident87 (5336 posts) -

Glitches and such will be worse, if anything.

#27 Posted by Godly_Cure (4293 posts) -
Glitches will still be around.
#28 Posted by blueboxdoctor (2397 posts) -

They'll likely still be there, but honestly, I can only recall two major problems I've had with a game over the course of this gen, and that's when I belive it was ACII froze on me several times, oh and BF3 had some online freezes.  Other than that there's been nothing that has been noticable or game breaking (well, I suppose I got lucky not having any issues with Skyrim on my PS3).  In the beginning I wouldn't be surprised if we had some glitches noted in reviews for games, as devs along with sony/microsoft will probably try to push all the features of the systems before knowing how to properly use them, but everything needs to start somewhere.

#29 Posted by JustPlainLucas (73588 posts) -
The more complex the hardware gets, the more likely it is to fail. Also, glitches in games rely in the software. So long as they are made by humans, they will be subject to human error.