Will MGS V be able to compete with Uncharted 4 for GOTY

This topic is locked from further discussion.

summertimeking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 summertimeking
Member since 2015 • 37 Posts

do you guys think Metal Gear Solid V will be able to compete with Uncharted 4 for GOTY 2015?

summertimeking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 summertimeking

in terms of total package

cablemodemx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#3 cablemodemx2
Member since 2003 • 1000 Posts

Able to compete? Yes, but only if Uncharted 4 actually manages to end up in that particular competition.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

How is the GOTY chosen ?

What are the Criteria ?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I doubt Uncharted 4 will even be in the running in 2015.

Especially considering the recent gameplay video they released. It's just a higher-resolution Uncharted 2/3 with a few gameplay features brought over from The Last of Us. I'm sure fanboys will be all over it for a few months, but critics will likely be concerning themselves with all the other great games coming out this year.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I think Metal Gear Solid V looks amazing, I can't wait for it (even if I don't understand the story and what's going on lol). Uncharted 4 should be great too, I think they both will be running for GOTY in 2015 without a doubt.

summertimeking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 summertimeking

@foxhound_fox: what is the general consensus of the gameplay for the phantom pain

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 foxhound_fox

@summertimeking said:

@foxhound_fox: what is the general consensus of the gameplay for the phantom pain

So far it seems highly positive. Everyone is lauding the freedom and saying that Ground Zeroes only scratches the surface.

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

Absolutely. I'd say it has a higher chance of winning more goty awards than uncharted 4. Uncharted 4 could easily be written off as more of the same, even though it is a brilliant series.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

Probably since it looks more interesting in every way.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17655 Posts

No, because Arkham Knight will claim GotY.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

YEAH !

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

In this time we are living in intuitivity is something critics value high when giving scores so we might see other titles getting the GOTY this year, just like last year when Shadow Of Mordor got the GOTY on alot of sites. There are no guarantee that any of these titles will get the GOTY award even though both these games will most likely be a huge success.

darktruth007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 darktruth007
Member since 2003 • 975 Posts

I think Witcher 3 is more likely to win than any of those.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#15 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Either it is going to be MGS V or The Witcher 3.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#16 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I don't get why people see game of the year as important, the last persons views I respect for games are corrupt critics from gaming sites. Respected youtubers like Total Biscuit I'm more likely going to trust the opinion of.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

It's subjective.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44093 Posts

Definitely. In fact I think that there'll probably be a sizable selection of games competing for Game of the Year this year.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

Uncharted 4

MGSV

Witcher 3

Arkham Knight

Bloodborne

one of these 5 for sure, maybe FFXV if it really comes out this year

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@mjorh said:

@MirkoS77 said:

YEAH !

Agreed!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MarcRecon
@foxhound_fox said:

Especially considering the recent gameplay video they released. It's just a higher-resolution Uncharted 2/3 with a few gameplay features brought over from The Last of Us. I'm sure fanboys will be all over it for a few months, but critics will likely be concerning themselves with all the other great games coming out this year.

The same argument can be made about MG5, the core gameplay mechanics have slightly involved! The addition of an open world seems to be the only real significant change.

@mjorh said:

@MirkoS77 said:

YEAH !

Agreed!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 foxhound_fox

@MarcRecon said:
@foxhound_fox said:

The same argument can be made about MG5, the core gameplay mechanics have slightly involved! The addition of an open world seems to be the only real significant change.

I'm not sure what videos you've watched, but while I have very little interest in playing it, I can admit that it's come a very long way since MGS4. The addition of the open world opens up tons of opportunities for evolving the MGS gameplay. And they've only shown a small slice of it. The movement model alone has gone from very "gamey" to almost a stealth simulation.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

The question is will uncharted be able to compete with mgs?

the anwer: no, mgs main games always obliterate any other games in that year, and i do mean everything.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Well considering the Engine works almost flawlessly on even old pc hardware, I'd say it's far more likely to be game of the year as it's on more platforms and ,from a AAA developer that seems to have actually put the work in to have their game work right on all platforms and card models. I honestly don't even see Uncharted coming close to competing, MGS is just to big a hit series and Kojima all ways pulls out all the stops.

waffleboy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#25 waffleboy22
Member since 2013 • 305 Posts

Well it probably will, as far as i'm concerned, be Mgas, as MGS is always great, and an open world MGS is a dream coming to reality, but I still think Uncharted 4 will be a great game as well

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

@summertimeking said:

do you guys think Metal Gear Solid V will be able to compete with Uncharted 4 for GOTY 2015?

this thread serious? i seriously doubt uncharted will be able to compete with mgs5. i enjoy the uncharted games but there standard 3rd person adventure games that dont bring much to the table, and even if mgs5 were to flop, it at least tried to change up the formula and bring something fun and new to the table. aside from being a solid game i doubt uncharted 4 will be any better than uncharted 3, which was great, but hardly game of the year.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By i-rock-socks
@MarcRecon said:
@foxhound_fox said:

The same argument can be made about MG5, the core gameplay mechanics have slightly involved! The addition of an open world seems to be the only real significant change.r

even though your wrong and that isnt the only significant change made. your acting like that isnt a huge change. im sure its not as big a change of uncharted 4's new guns are whatever its going to bring to the table, i can say without a doubt that mgs5 changes more of its mechanics then uncharted

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MarcRecon

@i-rock-socks said:
@MarcRecon said:
@foxhound_fox said:

The same argument can be made about MG5, the core gameplay mechanics have slightly involved! The addition of an open world seems to be the only real significant change.r

even though your wrong and that isnt the only significant change made. your acting like that isnt a huge change. im sure its not as big a change of uncharted 4's new guns are whatever its going to bring to the table, i can say without a doubt that mgs5 changes more of its mechanics then uncharted

Oh goodness,there is no right or wrong in this situation, it's all a matter of OPINION..... we can agree to disagree! Besides, I'm not impressed with either games and I have no plans on buying them.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 i-rock-socks

@MarcRecon said:

@i-rock-socks said:
@MarcRecon said:
@foxhound_fox said:

Oh goodness,there is no right or wrong in this situation, it's all a matter of OPINION..... we can agree to disagree! Besides, I'm not impressed with either games and I have no plans on buying them.

opinion based on ignorance, and thats a pretty enlightened way of thinking as you try and shit on mgs5.

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts

I honestly don't see how MGS will fare well in an open world setting.

Sure, the stealth will work in specific hub areas, but the rest of the world is probably going to compromise MGS's gameplay nature. My guess is that people will most likely end up playing it as a third person shooter for most of the game. If Konami can (hopefully) pull it off though, it might very well be the best game of the year. They haven't really proven how they will approach the open world. Everything they've shown has been basic hub gameplay or has been heavily choreographed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCDQsJrZWUs)

If there's one AAA game I would blindly place as a GOTY winner, it will probably end up being Witcher 3. However, I think a little game called "Torment, tides of Numenera" is probably going to surprise a lot of people if they successfully release it this year. The same way Divinity: Original Sin came out of no where and stole a lot of accolades.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

@verbalfilth: You made a good and fair point about the open world. There will of course be small enemy outposts and probably bases, but we do not know what else willl be in the open world. But eh, I have no worries. But I doubt most are going to play as a TPS. You have those who do not really care for stealth, but it has the fanbase it has, due to being a stealth game with its on style

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MarcRecon

@i-rock-socks said:

@MarcRecon said:

@i-rock-socks said:
@MarcRecon said:
@foxhound_fox said:

opinion based on ignorance, and thats a pretty enlightened way of thinking as you try and shit on mgs5.

Well, you show your obvious ignorance and immaturity by name calling just because I don't share you view of MG5!

Most adults can handle disagreements without resorting to childish rants, which obviously means you are not an adult, so I'm not wasting anymore time discussing this with you! But if you feel a need to have the last word, then by all means....knock yourself out! :)

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 i-rock-socks

@MarcRecon said:

@i-rock-socks said:

@MarcRecon said:

@i-rock-socks said:
@MarcRecon said:
@foxhound_fox said:

Well, you show your obvious ignorance and immaturity by name calling just because I don't share you view of MG5!

Most adults can handle disagreements without resorting to childish rants, which obviously means you are not an adult, so I'm not wasting anymore time discussing this with you! But if you feel a need to have the last word, then by all means....knock yourself out! :)

i guess only you can name call and not be childish right ;)

oh and i didnt call you a name, if you were an adult who could read youd know that, showing you own ignorance in spades.

the only one childish here is you :)

your feeble minded attempts at trying to gain the upper hand in our little debate is adorable, im sure yourll be the bigger man and keep ur ignorant mouth shut. like you would have if you were truly an adult like you tried to imply.