will Activision abandon COD for a while.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

B3GV5M63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 B3GV5M63
Member since 2014 • 117 Posts

after the fail of Ghosts. I think that Activision might change its priorities. i think they will go toward Destiny. it will be their next main IP. they said that it will be the best IP for the next years. anybody thinks so?

dethtrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 dethtrain
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts

Absolutely not. They'll milk it dry like Guitar Hero. When did the last guitar hero come out and be relevant? Exactly

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

The fall of Ghosts? i wouldn´t say a game that is constantly in the top 3 of NPD´s saleslist a fall.

Yes it didn´t sell as well as the previous ones but it still sold more then enough to warrant its continuing development cycle

DarthGumballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DarthGumballs
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

I don't understand how you're getting the idea that Ghosts is a failure. It's an enjoyable game that flew off the shelves. I bought it twice (last gen and this gen) myself.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

lol their already making another one , so why would they abandon it , , they dont care if it is bad or not enough ppl still buy it , , i would like them to and get a 007 game out but that wont happen cause as said before they dont care if they dont break records they just care if it is being bought by enough people i bought it 3 times well technically 2 cause the 3rd was used, ---xone x360 and wiiu

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

They just added a third team into the mix, to take them from two teams cranking out games every other year, to three teams releasing a game every third year. So we know there has to be at least three more in the pipeline.

Activision has a long and storied history of NOT letting a franchise rest until there is nothing left. Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero, Spider-Man games, if there's a nickel to be had they won't stop until the franchise is not only dead, but rigor is setting in and bugs are feasting on the carcass. By the time they're done, you need a forensics team to identify the remains.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Love how a game that sold 15 million copies is labeled a failure. This industry is cockoo for cocoa puffs.

Anyway, of course they won't abandon it: it's the only major franchise they have on consoles.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

COD regardless if it's good or not = sales = money. Therefore why would Activision give it up?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44098 Posts

Ghosts didn't fail, it sold and still sells very well. Why would they stop making them? As far as I'm concerned they've been consistently excellent games and now putting a third developer on the franchise and giving the games 3 years of development time the future of the franchise looks quite good. I purchased Ghosts twice once for the 360 and once for Xbox One plus the Season Pass for the dlc.

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

I would put my money where my mouth is when Treyarch releases Black Ops 3 or whatever they call it, it will beat GTA V for fastest selling game.

Zombies is a huge ace up the sleeves, I don't think people truly realize just how popular it is. It practically carried BO2, because let's be honest Treyarch's MP sucks compared to IW.