why treyarch didn't give black ops 2 for pre-release review?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

capaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 capaho
Member since 2003 • 1253 Posts

Great reviews wouldn't help sales any, and mediocre reviews might damage them. Why not let the commercials and hype sell the game?

BARRICADE_28

I've been checking the game's ratings since it was released and the gap between the professional ratings and the user ratings is rather hard to explain. GS gave it an 8.0, for example, while the average from the user ratings here is only 5.8. The GS ratings and the user averages almost never match, but the discrepancy for CoD is bewildering.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#52 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

I've been checking the game's ratings since it was released and the gap between the professional ratings and the user ratings is rather hard to explain. GS gave it an 8.0, for example, while the average from the user ratings here is only 5.8. The GS ratings and the user averages almost never match, but the discrepancy for CoD is bewildering.capaho

Call of Duty is extremely polarizing. For every person that loves/hates it, there's a hundred more who hate/love it.

capaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 capaho

Call of Duty is extremely polarizing. For every person that loves/hates it, there's a hundred more who hate/love it.

c_rake

The problem for me is that I pay attention to both the GS rating and the average user rating before I decide whether or not to buy a game. It makes it much easier when those ratings are close. When they're not, the user ratings usually get the benefit of the doubt. In the case of CoD, however, I've read enough complaints about the campaign being too short (yet again) to know that it's not for me. I'm not buying any more games with short campaigns regardless of the ratings or the PR hype.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44137 Posts

[QUOTE="BARRICADE_28"]

Great reviews wouldn't help sales any, and mediocre reviews might damage them. Why not let the commercials and hype sell the game?

capaho

I've been checking the game's ratings since it was released and the gap between the professional ratings and the user ratings is rather hard to explain. GS gave it an 8.0, for example, while the average from the user ratings here is only 5.8. The GS ratings and the user averages almost never match, but the discrepancy for CoD is bewildering.

Average user ratings? About a Call of Duty game? Here? :lol:
capaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 capaho

Average user ratings? About a Call of Duty game? Here? :lol:

Archangel3371

Or anywhere else.