Why have we not seen a new Final Fantasy Tactics game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

anab0lic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 anab0lic
Member since 2011 • 374 Posts

Would be a huge seller for something like the 3DS...

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
I wonder what the sales were like for the two games released on NIntendo handhelds??? They did not interest me in the slightest TBH. With that said, the first game on the PS1 is one of my favs of all time. ...though at this point and time, Square seems to be doing everything it can to not give people what they want :?
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
Why make another FF Tactics game when you can have EVEN MORE FINAL FANTASY 13?!?!?
anab0lic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 anab0lic

Why make another FF Tactics game when you can have EVEN MORE FINAL FANTASY 13?!?!?JML897

-_- the mainline FF series has been dead to me since around 9-10.

anab0lic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 anab0lic

I wonder what the sales were like for the two games released on NIntendo handhelds??? They did not interest me in the slightest TBH. With that said, the first game on the PS1 is one of my favs of all time. ...though at this point and time, Square seems to be doing everything it can to not give people what they want :?rawsavon

Not sure, i think they didnt do quite as well mainly due to the more childlike artstyle they chose to go with, but from what ive read from people that played it, it was actually quite a good game if you could get past that.

You'd think with the success of similar games like fire emblem and seeing how much demand there still is for games like that they would put a new FF tactics out on the 3ds/vita and yet nothing sounds like its even in the works.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I disliked the GBA game and wasn't crazy about the PS1 tactics game either.

There's just something about Matsuno games that just fail to appeal to me.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rawsavon
@TC If you are looking for the next FFT game, you might try Tactics Ogre: Let us cling together. It was a damn good game, and the closest I have come to another 'FFT' http://www.gamespot.com/tactics-ogre-let-us-cling-together/reviews/tactics-ogre-review-6298468/
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

[QUOTE="JML897"]Why make another FF Tactics game when you can have EVEN MORE FINAL FANTASY 13?!?!?anab0lic

9 and 10 are my favorites :(
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#9 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
[QUOTE="anab0lic"]

[QUOTE="JML897"]Why make another FF Tactics game when you can have EVEN MORE FINAL FANTASY 13?!?!?JML897

9 and 10 are my favorites :(

love those.
anab0lic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 anab0lic

@TC If you are looking for the next FFT game, you might try Tactics Ogre: Let us cling together. It was a damn good game, and the closest I have come to another 'FFT' http://www.gamespot.com/tactics-ogre-let-us-cling-together/reviews/tactics-ogre-review-6298468/rawsavon

Played it right through till about 99% completion, then my save games got corrupt, absolutely loved the game despite some of its flaws (bad AI at times and OP classes) best game on the psp imo.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rawsavon
I would have lost it...I put close to 300 hours in doing all the playthroughs, etc
anab0lic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 anab0lic

I would have lost it...I put close to 300 hours in doing all the playthroughs, etcrawsavon

Yeah it sucked, tbh though i had by that point gotten and seen just about everything i wanted from the game and my party was so stupidly OP that i think the final level would have provided little challenge and that to me is when i start losing interest in games. I could already solo through a lot of the stuff with just my ninja (hobyrim) by that point.

Such a cool game though, which i dont think gets anywhere near as much praise is it should.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

well if u haven't noticed square enix is kind of a mess this gen. i think a new ff tactics game is the last thing on their mind right now. 

Ficcolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ficcolo
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Yep, never really cared for FFT for GBA. Maybe I didn't give it a fair chance. I enjoyed the Original Ps1 release though so who knows?