Why E3 2015 could be the greatest thing since the invention of paper...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Keensterino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Keensterino
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

There's plenty of reasons to get excited about the upcoming annual Electronic Entertainment Expo besides the comical presentations that always seem to have their fair share of awkwardness (i'm looking at you giant enemy crab). The theme on many people's minds is, somewhat annoyingly, the insane amount of long-awaited sequels finally being announced or given more time to shine, games such as Just Cause 3, Mirror's Edge 2, Kingdom Hearts 3, Metal Gear Solid 5, Crackdown 3, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Rainbow Six: Siege, Rock Band 4, Guitar Hero live, Battlefront 3 (I think you understand my point).

I firmly believe that this year will be one to remember because it is the renaissance of the current-gen consoles, their opportunity to show what they have to offer aside from games which are simply there to showcase their visuals (The Order: 1886 and Ryse to name a few). Rather than the past two years where the new consoles have been the focus of attention, they finally step down and let the games run the show. This is a similar year to 2009 E3 where the games took centre-stage. Games such as Left 4 Dead 2, Halo: Reach, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Assassins Creed 2, Heavy Rain, Crysis 2 and many others were shown off, making it one of the best years for gaming in recent memory.

Fortunately for Microsoft, this will be the first E3 since the Xbox one announcement that they won't be under such heavy criticism from fans because they have had the time to brush off the controversy that surrounded the console at the time of its release and is being recognised, more generally, as a respectable console to match the PS4. Not to mention the recent announcement from Nintendo that there's a new console in the works titled 'NX', there's a lot to get excited about...

oosaigonoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 oosaigonoo

I think this E3 will definitely be a good one, especially since Bethesda have a press conference this time, which hopefully means Fallout 4. Hopefully more exclusive IPs announced by both Microsoft and Sony but I don't think we'll be hearing much from Nintendo about anything new like their next console, though I assume something Star Fox related will be presented.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#2 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

There's nothing really except for The Division that excites me in the future

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

For me, the best E3 conferences are the ones showing new hardware. E3 2013 was epic as we got to see two new consoles. Sadly, Nintendo has already confirmed that their new NX system will not be at the show.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#4 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

It's been harder and harder to care for E3 for me. Basically, I've grown tiresome of the hype machine.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Sso, an online only game from Ubisoft it what tickles your fancy?

It's dem billboard bullet physics isn't it? :P

It's just that I know you're against DLC and pre order bonuses and buggy games and you know this is Ubisoft right? :P

Not that the future of games is overly bright from what we know right now, everyone needs to hit this e3 out of the park.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#7 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

That's hyperbole

Paper > Videogame Show

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#8 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Chozofication said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

Sso, an online only game from Ubisoft it what tickles your fancy?

It's dem billboard bullet physics isn't it? :P

It's just that I know you're against DLC and pre order bonuses and buggy games and you know this is Ubisoft right? :P

Not that the future of games is overly bright from what we know right now, everyone needs to hit this e3 out of the park.

No it's just the only game that's mildly interesting. After DICE has totally fucked up Battlefront. Mass Effect 4 would be the only saving grace.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43998 Posts

Agreed. I think that this will be an amazing E3. Some of what I'm really looking forward to seeing there is:

• Halo 5
  • Forza 6
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Scalebound
  • whatever game Rare is working on
  • Mass Effect 4
  • Kingdom Hearts 3
  • Crackdown 3
  • Fallout 4
  • Battlefront 3
Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#10 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

Personally there is nothing to be excited about ... it is only hype and nothing else and many many many delayed games. Wait until the E3 end before saying it will be epic because who knows what will happen.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

This E3 will be the best ever, can't wait! You forgot about virtual reality btw, it's gonna be alot about that as well at this years E3

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

E3 is never going to be something spectacular, E3 has outlived itself and its kinda ridiculous that we still have to wait to get official word on games most know is coming.

Also this E3 is going to be filled with old stuff we know about that came last E3 and a few new things. But in the end it will be like the last years, a big show with nothing to show for it.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

This the first E3 in a long time that I'm trying not to really get too hyped for. The last few years, have been mostly underwhelming (with one or two exceptions), and I think it's honestly my own fault, I expect far too much out of the event and end up been disappointed when only a small handful of what I'm hoping for is shown off.

That said, I've still booked the week off work as I always do to watch the conferences (and do some work around the house that I've been putting off) and it should at least be interesting, especially as we are getting two additional ones this year from Bethesda and Square-Enix.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

every year people say that this will be the best E3 and then end up disappointed. For me, I have enjoyed every single E3, especially the major fck ups. This is like second Christmas to me.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Keensterino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Keensterino

@Gue1: Couldn't agree any more. The **** ups are what completes it for me

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

Well if they tell us a bit about Doom and Fallout 4 - that would be pretty cool.

Majki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Majki

New Bethesda game

Resident Evil - Survival Horror please or at least good action game.

I will probably enjoy more things they announce but if I could chose, I would chose these 2.