Why do people prefer story over gameplay?

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by RageQuitter69 (1297 posts) -

I understand why people like a good story in a game, but i've never actally understood why people prefer story over gameplay, why would someone want to pay so much when all they really want is the story?

#2 Posted by bowserjr123 (1624 posts) -

I never understood that either, if I want a good story I'd rather just watch a movie or TV show lol. In some games it goes hand in hand with the gameplay like in a lot of RPGs but I'd never play a game for ONLY the story.

#3 Posted by Kevlar101 (6067 posts) -
We could ask the same.
#4 Posted by PetJel (3722 posts) -

I think people enjoy a good story because they get more immersion from it.

I however think atmosphere is MUCH more important than the story for immersion. (Dishonored comes to mind.)

I generally prefer gameplay over the story. Story does enhance a game often so I also enjoy games like MGS and Silent Hill for example. But I'm a guy that plays nearly everything so I don't limit myself to one or the other :)

#5 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1774 posts) -
I prefer story because I like to be able to immerse myself in a world rich in lore and fantasy :P It's like reading a book with moving pictures in a story that I get to mold :) That's why I'd sacrifice gameplay for a good story, as for lots of games that aren't mindless arcade style games if the story is just bad I could just buy a book instead :P
#6 Posted by MrGeezer (56123 posts) -
As much as I think that stories and games overwhelmingly suck, I will say that the presence of a story can contribute to the sense of accomplishment. I'm gonna go way back in the past, but compare something like Joust to something like Super Mario Bros. Both were fun. Here's the thing. With Joust, as far as I can remember, there was no goal, no progression. The point was just "keep playing until you get sick of it". And then when you finally stopped playing it, what did you accomplish (other than possibly a high score, if you didn't suck)? Well...you played a lot of Joust, and that's about it. And don't get me wrong...that's fine. But then you go and play Super Mario Bros. And as bad and pretty much barebones as the story was, there WAS a story. There was a clear goal (rescue the princess), there was a clear way to achieve the goal (keep playing until you resuce the princess), and you've accomplished something once you beat the game (you rescued the princess). That's also pretty appealing. There's something achievable that one can work towards right from the start, and once the player does it there's a sense of closure. If one wants to keep playing and getting better at it they can, but it's also sort of a relief. A message from the developers saying, "okay, you finished the game, you're done. Now you can go do something else and stop playing this damn videogame". And honestly...I think that both are fine. I don't have a problem with either. Some people prefer one or the other, while other people play both types of games depending on their mood. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
#7 Posted by Lulekani (2216 posts) -
Duh ! Its Laziness, "why should I do all the work, let the writers figure it out" besides every story is good the 1st time only. And thats why I avoid "novel" experiences (get it ? Novel ?).
#8 Posted by capaho (1253 posts) -

I understand why people like a good story in a game, but i've never actally understood why people prefer story over gameplay, why would someone want to pay so much when all they really want is the story?

RageQuitter69

I don't prefer story over gameplay, I prefer gameplay that is built around a good story. If you compare a game like Just Cause 2 with Deus EX: Human Revolution, for example, Deus Ex is a more compelling game because it has a well developed story combined with good action and a variety of tasks. Just Cause 2 has a lot of good action, but its wisp of a story makes it more difficult to sustain interest over the course of the game.

Sleeping Dogs is another good example. I almost gave up on that game early on because the melee fighting mechanics were more frustrating than fun until I finally got used to them. A good story combined with interesting characters and missions were enough to keep me hanging on until I finally got into the melee fighting.

Max Payne 3, on the other hand, is a good example of a game that was ruined by the story. The shooting action seemed like it was just tacked on in between very long cut scenes that told most of the unpleasant story. Gameplay was almost an afterthought and the story was almost as morose as the story in Heavy Rain (which I rate as the all-time worst game I've ever played).

I prefer a game with a good story, but not at the expense of gameplay. The story should give a sense of purpose to the gameplay rather than substitute for gameplay. On the other hand, a game without a story isn't much more than a pinball machine or a carnival shooting gallery.

#10 Posted by MadVybz (2797 posts) -

A lot of people say that they need some sort of motivation for playing the game, and that's most commonly done with narrative exposition. Though, I never quite understood that because more often times than not I definitely don't continue playing a game because of whatever nonsense is going on; 9 times out of ten it's because I'm having fun actually playing it.

#11 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4118 posts) -
Why do people prefer gameplay over story? It's a little something called personal preference and get this, everyone's is different!
#13 Posted by capaho (1253 posts) -

A lot of people say that they need some sort of motivation for playing the game, and that's most commonly done with narrative exposition. Though, I never quite understood that because more often times than not I definitely don't continue playing a game because of whatever nonsense is going on; 9 times out of ten it's because I'm having fun actually playing it.

MadVybz

No doubt mere repetitive action is enough to keep a certain percentage of gamers enthralled for hours on end, but I tend to lose interest in a game before I finish it if it doesn't have an interesting story that justifies the action.

#14 Posted by MadVybz (2797 posts) -

[QUOTE="MadVybz"]

capaho

No doubt mere repetitive action is enough to keep a certain percentage of gamers enthralled for hours on end, but I tend to lose interest in a game before I finish it if it doesn't have an interesting story that justifies the action.

And here's my question, why do you need justification to have fun?

Do you ask your friends to set up some tragic scenario before you sit down to play monopoly?

#15 Posted by MrGeezer (56123 posts) -
[QUOTE="Lulekani"]Duh ! Its Laziness, "why should I do all the work, let the writers figure it out" besides every story is good the 1st time only. And thats why I avoid "novel" experiences (get it ? Novel ?).

In all fairness, I'm paying the writers (not the other way around). When I buy a videogame, I literally am paying for the creators' work. That's sort of the point, otherwise what am I paying for? I should hope that the writers can "figure it out", provided that the money I spend goes towards paying that writer.
#16 Posted by wiouds (5064 posts) -

I think it more about where some look for thinking part of the game.

A good story can carry a game farther than a game with poor story give that they have the same level of good gameplay.

#17 Posted by MasterBrief (54 posts) -

That is actually a really good question. Recently I have been looking for a semi-open world MMO or RPG, mostly looking at free ones, trying to find something cool that I can just play to play but they are all boring it seems like. Now true the gameplay within them might not be that great but take Continent of the Ninth for example has some really great gameplay but the story is meh. However the gameplay and replayability of that game makes it great and saves it. For a game like say Dungeon Siege 3, which I still haven't finished, the combat is pretty good and simple but the story is pretty weak. I mean it lacks characters you care about mix with a goal you could care less about and thus I have owned the game for little over a year and still haven't beaten it.

So isn't everything but neither is gameplay. I guess to me a game with a great story but mediocre gameplay is playable. It can also be the same the other way around where story is garbage but gameplay is great. I could use Lord of the Rings War in the North for example, expected a masterpiece, it was **** but the gameplay is quite good or Two Worlds combat wasn't great but good features and online coop RPG got me hooked. Ofcourse we could throw COD under the bus again as well. I really hate the series as an IP because it eats up the market of other great games with it's **** but I do enjoy that fast paced combat. I hate the online but love the wave mode and zombie modes where there is little to no story it's just kill and survive while getting better guns. I would go for story over gameplay because it keeps me involved and in games like ME or KOTOR I really feel for the characters and there struggles but COD is a prime example that if you hit that great gameplay note you can make it work without story. Thendrive it straight into the ground.

#18 Posted by capaho (1253 posts) -

MadVybz

A game is just mindless, repetitive action without a good story to give it meaning. I prefer a game with an interesting story that makes sense within the context of the gameplay. Otherwise, what's the difference between bowling and GTA IV?

Do you ask your friends to set up some tragic scenario before you sit down to play monopoly?

MadVybz

When I play Monopoly with my friends the tragic scenario usually occurs at the end of the game. Levity aside, Monopoly is a game that requires thought, strategy and a considerable amount of human interaction. It is hardly mindless, repetitive action.

#19 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8763 posts) -

We could ask the same.Kevlar101

No it makes less sense the other way. If all you really want is a good story, then the cost of a movie is around 20 dollars. You guys could save a lot of money not bothering with the gameplay part. You know, the part that makes Video games video games.

#20 Posted by MrGeezer (56123 posts) -
No doubt mere repetitive action is enough to keep a certain percentage of gamers enthralled for hours on end, but I tend to lose interest in a game before I finish it if it doesn't have an interesting story that justifies the action.capaho
Hell...with me, it doesn't even have to be an interesting story. Hell, I almost hope that it ISN'T an interesting story. If it is really such a great story, then I'd almsot be disappointed that it was ruined by having to deal with the baggage of being a videogame. If the story is that good, then just freaking write it and get rid of the gameplay BS. However...there is absolutely no denying that gaming is inherently largely built towards having a goal to work towards. I am not saying that completion of the story is the BEST reward, but it's in the EXACT same category as high scores and new content and level upgrades in an RPG. Gamers need SOMETHING to work towards, some goal to try to achieve, or else they just get bored. Perform a task, get rewarded with a result. That's it. Spent hours grinding in an RPG in order to get the upgrade that'll make you a badass? Ever spent hours in a game in order to see how it ends? Have you ever tried to beat a level 50 times just to see what the next level is? Ever wasted your time getting good at a game just to post the high score on the arcade machine or kick your brother's ass in Street Fighter? It's really ALL THE SAME THING. It's all having a goal and working towards achieving it. That's it. "Story" is just another way to make that play out. But the bottom line is that regardless of what kind of game we prefer, we're all just salivating dogs who are pressing buttons in the hopes of getting rewarded with a piece of meat.
#21 Posted by capaho (1253 posts) -

[QUOTE="capaho"]No doubt mere repetitive action is enough to keep a certain percentage of gamers enthralled for hours on end, but I tend to lose interest in a game before I finish it if it doesn't have an interesting story that justifies the action.MrGeezer
Hell...with me, it doesn't even have to be an interesting story. Hell, I almost hope that it ISN'T an interesting story. If it is really such a great story, then I'd almsot be disappointed that it was ruined by having to deal with the baggage of being a videogame. If the story is that good, then just freaking write it and get rid of the gameplay BS. However...there is absolutely no denying that gaming is inherently largely built towards having a goal to work towards. I am not saying that completion of the story is the BEST reward, but it's in the EXACT same category as high scores and new content and level upgrades in an RPG. Gamers need SOMETHING to work towards, some goal to try to achieve, or else they just get bored. Perform a task, get rewarded with a result. That's it. Spent hours grinding in an RPG in order to get the upgrade that'll make you a badass? Ever spent hours in a game in order to see how it ends? Have you ever tried to beat a level 50 times just to see what the next level is? Ever wasted your time getting good at a game just to post the high score on the arcade machine or kick your brother's ass in Street Fighter? It's really ALL THE SAME THING. It's all having a goal and working towards achieving it. That's it. "Story" is just another way to make that play out. But the bottom line is that regardless of what kind of game we prefer, we're all just salivating dogs who are pressing buttons in the hopes of getting rewarded with a piece of meat.

Of course, it all comes down to personal preferences, thus everyone enjoys the games they like in their own way for their own reasons. Diversity, gotta love it!

For me, the kind of games you describe are no different from a carnival shooting gallery where you win the Teddy Bear if you keep shooting long enough. That's fine for those who enjoy that type of skill game, but I suppose it's the fantasy element that a good story provides that appeals to me. Without that fantasy element a game is just a rote task for me, and I have absolutley no interest in that type of game. I want an interesting, plausable escape from reality when I play games, not mere catatonia.

#22 Posted by halokillerz (3406 posts) -

Where did you get this consensus of story over gameplay? I only heard of gameplay > graphics or "Story could have been better."

I like having both in my game

#23 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Wtf of a question is that,friend????

Cause stories are needed.

Bad gameplay is forgivable.

#24 Posted by sukraj (22131 posts) -

I like both

#25 Posted by RageQuitter69 (1297 posts) -

GreekGameManiac
that's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard you can skip the cutscenes if the story is bad you have to deal with the gameplay if it's bad
#26 Posted by Borrizee (379 posts) -
Gameplay is everything for me. But if there is no real story I loose interest in the game and that's bad.
#27 Posted by Jackc8 (8500 posts) -

Because after you've been playing video games for a while you get pretty familiar with all the varieties of hand-eye coordination that games require and it gets old. Good characters involved in an interesting story adds the whole element of interest and importance to what would otherwise just be shooting guys for the sake of shooting guys or jumping through the usual hoops to get from point A to point B.

#28 Posted by MadVybz (2797 posts) -

[QUOTE="MadVybz"]

capaho

A game is just mindless, repetitive action without a good story to give it meaning. I prefer a game with an interesting story that makes sense within the context of the gameplay. Otherwise, what's the difference between bowling and GTA IV?

MadVybz

When I play Monopoly with my friends the tragic scenario usually occurs at the end of the game. Levity aside, Monopoly is a game that requires thought, strategy and a considerable amount of human interaction. It is hardly mindless, repetitive action.

Where do you get this notion that all games with very little or no story are "mindless, repetitive action"?

Puzzle games, turn based strategy, fighters and most first party Nintendo titles are games with very little to offer in the story department but are rewarding simply due to how the game is designed. (See Mario, Zelda, Metroid, any fighting game, TBS's like Front Mission, XCOM, etc.)

The idea of gamers feeling like every single game needs some sort of deeper meaning is also just downright ridiculous. Video games are first and foremost an interactive medium, so game play should be the first reason why anybody picks one up. You may as well read a book or watch a movie otherwise.

Also, the difference between bowling and GTA IV is that bowling is fun from the get-go and doesn't require hours of subjecting yourself to boring exposition. GTA IV takes hours upon hours of game play before any real variation starts taking place in order to balance out the incredibly dull narrative that carries on for entirely too long.

As for your monopoly comment I can't even begin to understand how you even make these sorts of claims, since it contradicts what you initially said in your post. How is a game without 'good story' just mindless action yet Monopoly isn't? Every game requires some form of thought and strategy (human interatcion is obviously only a factor if it involves multiplayer).

#29 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1774 posts) -
[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

RageQuitter69
that's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard you can skip the cutscenes if the story is bad you have to deal with the gameplay if it's bad

Or! Or or, you can go outside and not play it
#31 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8763 posts) -

GreekGameManiac

Sarcasm? I cannot tell

#32 Posted by capaho (1253 posts) -

Where do you get this notion that all games with very little or no story are "mindless, repetitive action"?

Puzzle games, turn based strategy, fighters and most first party Nintendo titles are games with very little to offer in the story department but are rewarding simply due to how the game is designed. (See Mario, Zelda, Metroid, any fighting game, TBS's like Front Mission, XCOM, etc.)

The idea of gamers feeling like every single game needs some sort of deeper meaning is also just downright ridiculous. Video games are first and foremost an interactive medium, so game play should be the first reason why anybody picks one up. You may as well read a book or watch a movie otherwise.

Also, the difference between bowling and GTA IV is that bowling is fun from the get-go and doesn't require hours of subjecting yourself to boring exposition. GTA IV takes hours upon hours of game play before any real variation starts taking place in order to balance out the incredibly dull narrative that carries on for entirely too long.

As for your monopoly comment I can't even begin to understand how you even make these sorts of claims, since it contradicts what you initially said in your post. How is a game without 'good story' just mindless action yet Monopoly isn't? Every game requires some form of thought and strategy (human interatcion is obviously only a factor if it involves multiplayer).

MadVybz

What else could a video game be but mindless, repetitive action without a story? It's the story that gives meaning to the action. Otherwise, it's just a skill game like pinball or whack-a-mole.

None of the stock Nintendiot games appeal to me and I don't like turn-based games. Puzzle games require thought, but I wouldn't consider that action any more than I would consider the NY Times crossword to be on par with a video game. As for "any fighting game," would you put Sleeping Dogs in that category?

I'm not speaking for gamers, I'm speaking only for myself. I need a story for the game to sustain my interest. If I just want repetitive action, I'll vacuum the house. Otherwise, in addition to playing video games, I also read books and watch movies. Fortunately, I understand the difference between them.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you found GTA IV to be a long, dull narrative.

Monopoly isn't a video game. Although, I suppose you could say it was the original multiplayer game.

#33 Posted by contracts420 (1956 posts) -

Because they like a story to go along with their gameplay. Simple. One does not need to be mutually exclusive especially in this medium.

Games like Mass Effect are beloved for their story interaction, participation in events adds to their immersion. Games like Metal Gear are enjoyed for their story, but equally (if not moreso) for its stealth gameplay.

Video games are a varied form of entertainment. The possibilities for storytelling in an interactive medium will excite and bring more interest to this industry.

#34 Posted by MadVybz (2797 posts) -

[QUOTE="MadVybz"]

capaho

What else could a video game be but mindless, repetitive action without a story? It's the story that gives meaning to the action. Otherwise, it's just a skill game like pinball or whack-a-mole.

None of the stock Nintendiot games appeal to me and I don't like turn-based games. Puzzle games require thought, but I wouldn't consider that action any more than I would consider the NY Times crossword to be on par with a video game. As for "any fighting game," would you put Sleeping Dogs in that category?

I'm not speaking for gamers, I'm speaking only for myself. I need a story for the game to sustain my interest. If I just want repetitive action, I'll vacuum the house. Otherwise, in addition to playing video games, I also read books and watch movies. Fortunately, I understand the difference between them.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you found GTA IV to be a long, dull narrative.

Monopoly isn't a video game. Although, I suppose you could say it was the original multiplayer game.

I can see where this is going with your disingenuous statements and all-round lack of understanding of the medium in a broader perspective. I was hoping for some insightful discussion but all I'm getting from you is a dismissive case of "it's how I see it, therefore none of what I'm saying is moot". Do you even read what you write before posting? How can a (good) game be mindless when by nature it's a cognitive stimulant (just like any type of game, not just video games) that involves varied game play, graitifcation, and goals that aren't inherently story based that can keep a player playing?

I'm well aware that people have the right to their own opinions but so much of what you're saying makes very little sense (and/or are personal jabs at other genres/gamers). This is so much so that it's hard to be arsed to reply to you in any serious fashion.

#35 Posted by Archangel3371 (15358 posts) -
For me it all depends on each game individually. I can look past either/or if the one outweighs the negatives in the other. I really enjoy having some kind of story to go with the games I play no matter how small the story may be. The argument that one may as well just watch a movie instead of playing a game that is heavy on story though light on gameplay seems nonsensical to me. I don't watch a movie or play a game simply to watch a movie or play a game, I do each to get a specific experience that a specific movie or game will provide.
#36 Posted by gameboy343 (1024 posts) -

if a game doesn't have fun gameplay, then well i won't play it. no point in playing a game when i don't enjoy actually playing the game.

#37 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

RageQuitter69

No it's not.

Just because you think a certan way,or have a certain taste in games,doesn;t mean it's the same for everyone.

I can forgive bad gameplay,if the story's great(or the music/atmoshere,for that matter)

#38 Posted by Lulekani (2216 posts) -

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"][QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

GreekGameManiac

No it's not.

Just because you think a certan way,or have a certain taste in games,doesn;t mean it's the same for everyone.

I can forgive bad gameplay,if the story's great(or the music/atmoshere,for that matter)

All right man, we get it ! People are different, some like story and some like gameplay, but if story is so damn important to you then pick up a book, if thats too hard for ya then watch a damn movie. There I Said it !
#39 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

All right man, we get it ! People are different, some like story and some like gameplay, but if story is so damn important to you then pick up a book, if thats too hard for ya then watch a damn movie. There I Said it !Lulekani

1.I've been a gamer since the SNES era,i can have that opinion.

2.Videogames CAN have awesome stories,realise that?

#40 Posted by RageQuitter69 (1297 posts) -

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"] that's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard you can skip the cutscenes if the story is bad you have to deal with the gameplay if it's badLulekani

No it's not.

All right man, we get it ! People are different, some like story and some like gameplay, but if story is so damn important to you then pick up a book, if thats too hard for ya then watch a damn movie. There I Said it !

Well said, also people who care that much about story can save a hell of a lot of money by buying books and movies, I don't understand why some people complain about gaming being so expensive, yet they only care about the story.
#41 Posted by RageQuitter69 (1297 posts) -

Pikminmaniac

Sarcasm? I cannot tell

I don't think it's sarcasm, i've heard others say the same thing
#42 Posted by MadVybz (2797 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

RageQuitter69

Sarcasm? I cannot tell

I don't think it's sarcasm, i've heard others say the same thing

And it still bewilders me to this day. Being an avid gamer, I simply don't understand the notion of story taking priority over the whole game aspect of a video game; it's similar to how some people are shallow enough to value a musician for his/her image as opposed to their craft.

Sure, a story you find in a video game might be entertaining to some degree, but to overlook sub-par game play in favor of story is just weird to me, especially when a not-so-special story that is portrayed in a book or movie vastly outclasses most tales found in games.

Not to mention it's far less costly to invest in books and movies if you're looking for that kind of thing.

#43 Posted by guynamedbilly (12957 posts) -
I don't think most people do, but most people do appreciate variety. If all games were like The Walking Dead, that would be terrible and people who play now wouldn't be satisfied, but when it's one of very few games of it's kind, it's accepted because the variety is good.
#44 Posted by Lulekani (2216 posts) -

[QUOTE="Lulekani"]All right man, we get it ! People are different, some like story and some like gameplay, but if story is so damn important to you then pick up a book, if thats too hard for ya then watch a damn movie. There I Said it !GreekGameManiac

1.I've been a gamer since the SNES era,i can have that opinion.

2.Videogames CAN have awesome stories,realise that?

oh yes I do, I realise games with awesome stories are only awesome the 1st time. Don't get me wrong I like stories too, which is why i read books and watch movies, its just more effecient that way. You wana forkout video game money ($60) for a movie experience (which costs far less) then go ahead. Its your heard earned cash and you should spend it as ilogically/ineffeciently as possible, hows that for an opinion (open onion = opinion).
#45 Posted by capaho (1253 posts) -

I can see where this is going with your disingenuous statements and all-round lack of understanding of the medium in a broader perspective. I was hoping for some insightful discussion but all I'm getting from you is a dismissive case of "it's how I see it, therefore none of what I'm saying is moot". Do you even read what you write before posting? How can a (good) game be mindless when by nature it's a cognitive stimulant (just like any type of game, not just video games) that involves varied game play, graitifcation, and goals that aren't inherently story based that can keep a player playing?

I'm well aware that people have the right to their own opinions but so much of what you're saying makes very little sense (and/or are personal jabs at other genres/gamers). This is so much so that it's hard to be arsed to reply to you in any serious fashion.

MadVybz

As I said previously, I'm speaking only for myself in relation to the elements of a game that appeal to me personally as articulated by the OP. The medium in a broader perspective is a philosophical discussion that isn't relevant to one's personal preferences in games. None of my statements were disingenuous or dismissive, perhaps you simply don't understand my point of view or my sense of humor.

A good cup of coffee is a cognitive stimulant, but I wouldn't equate it to a video game with a good story.

#46 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

Gameplay > Story. In a single player game I really want both to be excellent, but if a game isn't fun to play, regardless of how good the plot is, I would find it tough to continue.

#47 Posted by Justin_G (198 posts) -

*blah*

games are meaningless actions.

games are meaningless, and action filled.

story is useless. good story is good... but utterly unimportant to a game. if it's fun it's fun and it's good. end of story. anyone who disagrees will probably want to whine about some games they don't like, as examples of why games need a story. i will save you the trouble and just tell you now... your idea of games are not what games ARE. stop asking for stupid crud that is unimportant for GAMING. THANK YOU.

#48 Posted by PetJel (3722 posts) -

*blah*

games are meaningless actions.

games are meaningless, and action filled.

story is useless. good story is good... but utterly unimportant to a game. if it's fun it's fun and it's good. end of story. anyone who disagrees will probably want to whine about some games they don't like, as examples of why games need a story. i will save you the trouble and just tell you now... your idea of games are not what games ARE. stop asking for stupid crud that is unimportant for GAMING. THANK YOU.

Justin_G
Gaming has evolved over the years. It's not a straight dictionary term. Even though I agree the gameplay is more important than the story, it's fine if there are story dependant games. Different types of games can exist next to eachother.
#49 Posted by CaptainAhab13 (5121 posts) -
I like becoming immersed in a fantastical world -- helps take my mind off of things. As far as gameplay is concerned, as long as it is decent enough to complement the great story in the RPG, I don't care all that much. :P
#50 Posted by Lulekani (2216 posts) -
[QUOTE="CaptainAhab13"]I like becoming immersed in a fantastical world -- helps take my mind off of things. As far as gameplay is concerned, as long as it is decent enough to complement the great story in the RPG, I don't care all that much. :P

OMG you said "Decent" ! Is this happening ? Is this REALLY happening ? Who the hell gets out of Bed for Decent !