NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11791 Posts

I am mainly targeting TheRadBrad. I mean seriously his playthroughs are very frustrating since he doesn't pay attention to whats going on in the game and is even blind to what is right in front of him his commentary isn't good most of the time yet he somehow manages to make a living off something he isn't good at. Did he win a youtube lottery or something.

Most gaming channels I find entertaining are much less popular even though they should be, its basic for me to choose a walkthrough with the least amount of views because it seems that they actually try to get viewers.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Celtic_34
Member since 2011 • 1903 Posts

Because they are self promoters. Do giveaways, tell publishers what they want to hear and market their games. If you are looking for substance youtube personalities and popular ones probably aren't the way to go. There are very talented people out there that don't have their name up in flashing lights. They are just harder to find. People who crave attention usually get it. People who are doing real work with real substance aren't all over the news and youtube. Some are but most aren't.

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts

there are only a select few lets players I watch because of their personality (jesse Cox - I only watch videos of games I know I'll never play) and CrossCounter with Gootecks and Mike Ross who specialize in Street Fighter. Aside from that I can't really say I enjoy let's play videos.

I mostly just watch video reviews of games and analytical critiques.

Some youtubers I watch that you may want to check out include: Satchbag's Goods and Errant Signal

DuaIFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DuaIFace
Member since 2009 • 581 Posts

The ONLY gamer-YouTubers I would ever sub to, are the ones who know what they're doing, and totally wreck shop if in online multiplayer. Those giant ones are sponsored up the wazoo.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#5 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I watch lesser known LPers. Mostly NintendoCapriSun, HCBailly, Pcull44444, and Chuggaaconroy

ktseymour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ktseymour
Member since 2005 • 1000 Posts

I agree with what Celtic said . I like a lot of the Twitch streamers myself when I do watch , and no, I don't understand why that Swedish guy is popular either.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#7  Edited By mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Probably due to the content they put out along with self promotion.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Yeah I don't like Lets Plsyers who do blind Lets Plays on a thats new to them.....

I don't watch a Lets Play of someone who is playing the game just as poorly as I am.....

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#9 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

I mostly Watch when it is a game I won't play and of course if it is funny as I don't give a **** if it is well played as long as it is funny or the comments are interesting so to me it is Lucahjin, RoahmMithril, GameGrumps and That One Video Gamer

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#10 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

Most gaming channels I find entertaining are much less popular even though they should be

Agreed

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@NoodleFighter: The most popular youber is PewDiePie or how about Twitch being the third most visited site on the internet. People love gaming and gamers are tech savy